Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 758 comments
Update to my “controller disconnected” issue on my DD+. I repositioned the Nobsound mini amps, tightened and insulated the speaker terminals. Separated the power cables from the usb cables. 6 hours of driving time, not a single disconnection. Very thankful that I don’t have to deal with an RMA

View attachment 1360478
I wish you all the luck in the world but I had maybe 20 hours or more of no trouble, then all of the sudden.. freezing issues again. I'm on a long stretch of no problems again but I know it's still going to do freeze sometimes. I bet if I plug in my sequential shifter I'll get freezing within a few hours but it could just be a coincidence when that happens.

We're talking about PD. It might take a year...or two.
I'm not aware, but I wonder how long it took PD to implement TrueForce for Logitech after the wheel was released?

Last edited:
BWX
I wish you all the luck in the world but I had maybe 20 hours or more of no trouble, then all of the sudden.. freezing issues again. I'm on a long stretch of no problems again but I know it's still going to do freeze sometimes. I bet if I plug in my sequential shifter I'll get freezing within a few hours but it could just be a coincidence when that happens.

What firmware combo are you running right now? I never had a freezing or disconnection issue on 455 base + 456 wqr, only on 457 and the hotfix, and also on the trial WQR firmware that was sent to me (1.1.0.2). Had the disconnect (requiring base restart) when base was on 456, but 455 has always been perfect for me, aside from the controller disconnect issue from the amps. I also have a sequential shifter plugged into shifter 2 port on the base, as well as the sq v1.5 and handbrake.

What firmware combo are you running right now? I never had a freezing or disconnection issue on 455 base + 456 wqr, only on 457 and the hotfix, and also on the trial WQR firmware that was sent to me (1.1.0.2). Had the disconnect (requiring base restart) when base was on 456, but 455 has always been perfect for me, aside from the controller disconnect issue from the amps. I also have a sequential shifter plugged into shifter 2 port on the base, as well as the sq v1.5 and handbrake.
Currently running this which is the most stable for me so far.

GT DD X

Driver 457

Wheelbase FW 2.1.0.4 "CS_DD_v2.1.0.4_hotfix_disconnection_issue_test_release.eff" manually installed after installing all 457 drivers.

Wheel FW 1.0.7.0 (457)

Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.1 (457)

They never sent me that WQR test FW. I'd like to try it but I think they want me to RMA the wheel base but haven't heard back from them in 2 weeks.

I thought it was shifter 1 port you were supposed to use. Hard to even find that info in any manual for the wheelbase. On the clubsport shifter manual it says shifter 1 port. 🤷‍♂️ But I'm using old (but compatible) sequential shifter from old CSL wheel. Need to get this Clubsport shifter hooked up to rig still.

Edit - I also have handbrake hooked up.

shifter port clubsport shifter fanantec.jpg

CSR xbox wheel set sequential shifter.jpg

edit this pdf https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/3c/ca/62/CSS-SQ-QG_WebVcm5Bpzj3AlUL.pdf

edit edit edit
And here is says shifter 2 port sequential only so I guess I'll try that.

shifter port clubsport shifter fanantec DD plus page.jpg

Last edited:
I've said it already but the fact that an OFFICIAL GT wheel is still not fully implemented is absolutely disgusting from PD.

So disrespectful for their partners (Fanatec in this case)...and -of course- their fans who spent 1200€ in the hardware.

Outrageous.
IMO this isn't the first time they've failed to properly support an officially licensed wheel. And when you take a step back and look at how they've treated this fan base over the last few years, I don't know how anyone can defend it. Yet, I see it all the time lol.

I find it humorous that same demographic of fans that hate seeing GT categorized as sim-cade are the same people who will argue that PD should focus on controller users and that wheel-ed users should be ok with what we have. I've never seen any wheeled users clamor for or ask for PD to NOT support controller users lololol. A large contingent of this fanbase will contort themselves into knots in effort to justify Kaz's/PD's actions.

DON'T update the Firmware.
As long as you ONLY use the Wheelbase for Ps5, there is absolutely no need to update it.
Same goes for the FullForce implementation.
The Wheelbase IS already capable of decoding the Signal.
Even with the Factory Firmware the Wheelbase comes shipped with.
The Firmware updates are only necessary if you intend to also use the Wheelbase for PC too.
And even then, it's not absolutely necessary unless a game strictly needs it.
So my advice stays the same.
DON'T update anything unless it's required.

Last edited:
DON'T update the Firmware.
As long as you ONLY use the Wheelbase for Ps5, there is absolutely no need to update it.
Same goes for the FullForce implementation.
The Wheelbase IS already capable of decoding the Signal.
Even with the Factory Firmware the Wheelbase comes shipped with.
The Firmware updates are only necessary if you intend to also use the Wheelbase for PC too.
And even then, it's not absolutely necessary unless a game strictly needs it.
So my advice stays the same.
DON'T update anything unless it's required.
So, is it possible to re install the firmware that everything was shipped with? Is there any way of getting it back if you have already updated?

So, is it possible to re install the firmware that everything was shipped with? Is there any way of getting it back if you have already updated?
Unfortunately there is no way no revert back the OEM Firmware the Wheelbase comes shipped with.
Hence you should NOT update it as long as it works out of the box.
Especially if you only intend to use it on the Ps5.

Unfortunately there is no way no revert back the OEM Firmware the Wheelbase comes shipped with.
Hence you should NOT update it as long as it works out of the box.
Especially if you only intend to use it on the Ps5.
Fortunately, mine seems to be ok, apart from a little coil whine which doesn't bother me as I can't hear it over the audio system.
I use mine on PS5, XBOX and PC

Back