2014 Twelve Hours of Sebring – Links, Streams and Discussion

March 14th, 2014 by Wardez

Mardenborough adds U.S. debut to his incredible racing year

The second race of the United SportsCar Championship is the first race for Jann Mardenborough in the US. And he really has his work cut out for him as a rookie at the notoriously bumpy and difficult Florida circuit.

He’ll be paired up with team mates Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr in the top ‘Prototype’ class for the grueling half-day long event in their Nissan powered Oreca 03 LMP2. Practice has revealed the the Daytona Prototypes are not behind in pace as expected, with DPs topping most practice sessions although the European style LMP2s are still showing potential for a top spot in qualifying.

The noticeable absence of European LMP1s means the overall winner trophy is up for grabs to national entries for the first time in 15 years. This is also the first time Daytona Prototypes have ever raced at the classic circuit.

LR-both-cars-medHowever, Jann won’t be the only Nismo Athlete racing this weekend; US winners Bryan Heitkotter and Steve Doherty will be running the #34 Skullcandy Nissan Altima in the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge support race. Their 2.5 hour long enduro begins on Friday the 14th, at 1:00 EDT/17:00 UTC. We expect Bryan and Steve to be regular fixtures on the CTSCC entry list this season.

FOX Sports 1 will carry live coverage of the first three hours on Saturday, March 15. The rest of the race will be streamed live on IMSA.com and through the FOX Sports Go mobile app. The Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge race will be streamed live in its entirety on IMSA.com beginning at 1 p.m. ET.

Race Coverage

Community Discussion

Follow us on your favorite social network for more updates!

Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS: Feel the Road as You Never Have
Site Sponsor by Thrustmaster
Premium force feedback racing wheel for PS4, PS3 and PC, featuring an industrial-class brushless servomotor!
The "Ultimate Gran Turismo Encyclopedia", Available to Download Now
Site Announcements by Jordan
GTPlanet's ultimate guide to the world of Gran Turismo contains over 375 pages of car lists, track lists, trivia, and much more.
21 Comments

Comments are now closed. Visit our forums for more discussion.

1. Mar. 27, 3:40am
    baldgye

Shocking the low level of driver ability and awareness. So many senseless driver forced errors causing crashes…. I’m really shocked lol

2. Mar. 25, 9:58am
    Charlie A

I went to the 12hr of Sebring! I have many pictures :D

3. Mar. 16, 8:44pm
    OutspokenFlunky

just got back home for the race. Have to say one of the best outings I can remember. I’m super excited to see the ALMS Prototypes running right with the DP cars. I think this is going to be an awesome season. GTLM race was great as well as the GTD class.

4. Mar. 15, 10:32pm
    suomi1

That’s how a safety car chose the winner.

5. Mar. 15, 12:39pm
    JavaLot

Live video (need to reload the page every 30 minutes):

Live results :

6. Mar. 15, 11:40am
    research

Jann just made a nice move on the deltawing. It was pretty wildery..

7. Mar. 15, 3:53am
    Racingworld68

What a weekend, on the edge of our seats for the F1 Quali’s and now ready to chear for Goossens, Heylen and Paltalla !!

• Mar. 15, 4:06am
      Wardez

Yeah man, this time of year is always a special time.

8. Mar. 14, 4:57pm
    RESHIRAM5

I’ll be rooting for all the DPs (mainly the Corvette DPs).

P.S I don’t get why people say DPs are ugly, these DP look very appealing IMO and brings me back to the Group C days.

9. Mar. 14, 4:00pm
    Mendori

How can i find out what 10:15 am ET is in Denmark?

10. Mar. 14, 2:27pm
    GTP_DeathStar

This is the second race of the United SportsCar Championship and the first was the 24 Hours of Daytona. What were these guys doing in the month long gap between these two races? Formula 1 has a few weeks between races sometimes, but they need to coordinate the entire thing across the entire world week after week. Isn’t Daytona and Sebring only a few hours away from each other? Do these guys run these cars in another series?

• Mar. 15, 9:43pm
      BRRT_Angel

No, but because of the race lengths, not to mention that most drivers themselves compete in something else, it gives time to secure driver deals and to let other American series starting in Florida to get going.

• Mar. 15, 10:32pm
      Amac500

I mean after Sebring they will already have run in 2 races more than the distance of an Formula 1 season. Also it’s easy to say to bunch up the schedule, but a fine line is walked between containing cost and keeping the off season short. A long off season looses fans and kills the momentum of a season, but to add more races to fill the schedule costs teams money. Especially in the prototype ranks with the DP cars costs are a huge issue and I wouldn’t expect the schedule to see any kind of lengthening until 2016 or 2017.

11. Mar. 14, 1:54pm
    Amac500

Man would I love to see PD add TUSSC! Couple DPs, couple LMP2s, couple GT cars, add base models, utopia!

• Mar. 14, 2:13pm
      DriveTheGuard88

I really want to race the new Corvette C7.R, and the Corvette DP.

• Mar. 14, 2:28pm
      GTP_DeathStar

I chuckle every time I see DP.

• Mar. 15, 8:01am
      Louie_Schumii

@GTP_DeathStar – you’ve obviously been on the internet for too long haha ;)

• Mar. 15, 5:26pm
      GTP_DeathStar

Yes…Yes I have. ;)

• Mar. 15, 8:23pm
      catamount39

A base model for a V12 Vantage GT3 and I’m set lol.

• Mar. 15, 10:20pm
      Amac500

I’d love to play in one of those open top prototypes… and Corvettes, C7R or DP, I like my Vettes lol

12. Mar. 14, 11:50am
    Magic Ayrton

Nice!

GTPlanet App
Free for iOS and Android.