Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried the Spirra and I didn't care much for it. Way too unstable out of turns unless you're very light on the throttle and tail-happy at high speeds. Looks cool though :)

Just tested the 550R on Infineon. LOVED IT. That's the way a big wagon should be. Perfect balance of power and stability. More tests to come later.

I just tested out the Seat Ibiza Cupra on Infineon and feel like it has a bit too much tendency to understeer at higher speeds. But I think this is mainly due to the fact that it's a front wheel drive car. The tuning itself is spot on. I feel it's perfectly suited for courses like Hong Kong where there's a lot of hairpin turns and a lower speed range. What fascinates me the most is how nimble it is at lower speeds and especially how it appears to stop on a dime. Also impressed with the way it pulls itself out of tight turns. Further analysis on your other setups to come :) Great work thus far.
Thanks for this in-depth analysis! The understeer is a known problem but those tyres combined to the lack of the wing just don't produce enough grip to turn the heavy front end in high speeds. Adding the wing would have made the car handle in slightly odd ways in low speeds so I opted to go without one.

It is indeed made for slower, technical tracks, thus the short(ish) gears and rapid deceleration. The first FF car I really wanted to make handle well and it sounds it was a success. :)
Just tried the Spirra and I didn't care much for it. Way too unstable out of turns unless you're very light on the throttle and tail-happy at high speeds. Looks cool though :)
That one is known to be a psychopathic killer unless handled with skill and determination. Actually I didn't witness that unstability coming out of corners, are you using a DS2 of a wheel? That might make the big difference, or then it's just a driving style thing. And yes, it's difficult to drive at high speeds but I had to make it that way to enable nimble handling in the technical sections.
Just tested the 550R on Infineon. LOVED IT. That's the way a big wagon should be. Perfect balance of power and stability. More tests to come later.
Let me tell you something you may like... there is one even faster wagon coming up later. This is the one I like the most though, wickedly fast yet easy to drive.

Thank you for your testing, I owe you at least one car now! Anything in mind? Oh, and when you do the testing in the future... try to avoid multiple posting. 👍

Will do, my apologies. Well my personal bias would be that I'd love a tuned Integra Type-R (DC2) :) Since I drive a DC4 in real life... that would be pretty cool! :D

Hey Leonidae, got around to testing your Blackbird i heard about at IDW (Lets see if you reconize me)

Took it to Special Stage 5, seeing how the car is Wangan based.

On the straits, very impresive, Accelerates well, but going to a corner for the first time with it...

Holy...:scared: ...cow, i've never had a car break its rear end out so fast :nervous:

I would've loved to see it go against my Special Mention back at IDW, it would be interesting on the straits at least 👍

Hey Leonidae, got around to testing your Blackbird i heard about at IDW (Lets see if you reconize me)

Took it to Special Stage 5, seeing how the car is Wangan based.

On the straits, very impresive, Accelerates well, but going to a corner for the first time with it...

Holy...:scared: ...cow, i've never had a car break its rear end out so fast :nervous:

I would've loved to see it go against my Special Mention back at IDW, it would be interesting on the straits at least 👍

Oh, I do recognize you very well, Kurei. I'm glad that you decided to take my Blackbird for a spin.. though, I'm not very surprised that it decided to bite your head off. That car needs careful, steadily increasing braking technique especially at high speeds. I will keep tinkering with this car and see if I can stabilize the braking behaviour some. Though, I don't have high hopes since the car is based on old 911 Turbo that was known for twitchy rear end.

Anyways, as the rules say, do you have any tuning requests? just PM me the car, wanted power and tires and I'll see what I can do.

Toyota Caldina GT-Four RC '02

587 bhp, 660 Nm, 1258 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 130 / 140
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.0
Toe: 1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.858
2nd: 2.713
3rd: 2.127
4th: 1.737
5th: 1.456
6th: 1.248
Final Gear: 2.500

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10 / 10
Acceleration: 40 / 25
Deceleration: 20 / 10

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 25

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 15

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Even faster and way more aggressive, but not quite as pleasant to drive as the 550R, this little known sportswagon is ready to put many supercars into a real test. It has looser handling characteristics than the Nismo, making it a worthwhile ride even on dirt and snow. If you're looking for the ultimate sleeper, this car is for you.

Reviews:

by Accev

Last edited:
IMPREZA Coupe R'99 "Frost"

500 bhp, 560 Nm, 1071 kg
Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Roll cage
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 6.0
Ride Height: 116 / 116
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 4
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 2 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

NOTE: First set the Autoset, then final and finally actual gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.475
2nd: 1.694
3rd: 1.270
4th: 1.010
5th: 0.840
6th: 0.715
Final Gear: 4.500

Autoset 15

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

It started out as regular, white WRX STi Coupe R in the Subaru line-up, but after being through the patient tuning and adjustments of a few dedicated car fanatics at MFT, this car is something totally different. Todays word is drift, so naturally our mad, Flying Finns made this car grip harder than anything else on the world. Built for trackday use, this car utilizes racing mediums for time attacks, and if the legislation allows, soft sports tyres for road trips. Naturally, performance will suffer from this slightly, but this beast is still good to go against Italian and European exotics.

Time on Tsukuba: 0'53.xxx
Time on Autumn Ring: 1'14.031

Just tested the Caldina on Tsukuba and on my first lap I got a modest 54.947 (although I know it can be improved). The next lap I got a 54.659. I feel like this car is a bit heavier to steer than the Subaru and seems like there's some turbo lag.

With the Subaru I got a 53.663 after 6 laps. Could've still improved on it but I felt the car understeered way too much and I couldn't really get the feel for it. Liked it better than the Caldina though, simple more nimble and a bit less turbo lag.

Leo, I'll PM a car idea for you to tune for me

And in the mean time, Greycap, i tested your ProtoMotors Spirra, and its a little oversteer happy for me on corner entrance, but not to the point that it'll spin out, If that could be fixed this car could pull some amazing times, plenty of front wheel grip no matter though 👍

I'll also test the Impreza when i get the chance, btw, how do you get the Lotus 260 ?, i can't seem to find it in my game guide anywhere...

And in the mean time, Greycap, i tested your ProtoMotors Spirra, and its a little oversteer happy for me on corner entrance, but not to the point that it'll spin out, If that could be fixed this car could pull some amazing times, plenty of front wheel grip no matter though 👍
Sure, thanks for the comment! The corner entry problem should be history by decreasing the rear rebound to 4, setting the brakes to 5/3, increasing the LSD Decel to 30 and maybe decreasing the front downforce to 25. The latter will also help in high speed stability. :)

I'll also test the Impreza when i get the chance, btw, how do you get the Lotus 260 ?, i can't seem to find it in my game guide anywhere...
Sorry Kurei, there isn't such a car... it's just a normal MotorSport Elise that has been tuned to 260 bhp, hence the name! Don't worry, you couldn't have known. :)

Little Review of Motorsport Elise:

Wooooow. Its like in real life, it sucks you into apexes. I had driven one of them before, but I could never drive as good. Maybe handling. Acceleration is nice, top speed too, but handling is a different story.

Sorry Kurei, there isn't such a car... it's just a normal MotorSport Elise that has been tuned to 260 bhp, hence the name! Don't worry, you couldn't have known. :)

That would explain it, lol, And i'll PM you a car for tuning when i figure out which one i want.

I had problems with this car for the last race on the super car festavail. I finnally won it after ten tries or more.

Originally Posted by crimson_menace View Post
Try these:

Susp: F/R

Spring rate: 11.9/ 10.8
Ride Height: Lowest
Bound: 4/6
Rebound: 5/6
Camber: 1.9/0.8
Toe: 0/ +1
Stabilizers: 3/3

Brake controller: 3/2

LSD: Stock
Aids: NO AIDS

Transmission: Auto Setting 14

Downforce: 28/30

And if you need a LSD and the VCD, then have a loose diff. like:

5/5
7/10
6/7

And a VCD of 10.

No ballast is needed. (sides, it's a friggen heavy car at anyrate,)

I used you settings the only thing I changed was the traction control to 2. the car handled a little better and I got 1st on that race I was having trouble on. I just hot the VW off the track so he spun out so did I but he ws like 3 cars behind so it kept him slow for the race except the last lap where he got to second. I wan the race my tires are orange just getting red I wan by 7 seconds.

Now you've probably missed something pretty badly, the point was that you would try out one of our cars, review it and then we would tune you a car of your liking... we really don't want settings made by others here. It doesn't say in bold red in the first post "For MFT setups only" for nothing. Would you please remove them? :odd:

Hey Greycap, Really nice thing you have going here, I tried your mustang setup, worked great! But, i'm working on a new game here, and I wanna get the most bang for my cheap ass car here, so Mind making me a setup for a
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR '92?

Mustang GT-S is my creation, thus, it is not Greycap but my, who will do the custom work. but, if you wish that Greycap would do it, I don't mind. anyways, PM your accurate wishes (power, tyres etc) to either him or me, and we'll get on to it.

MFT Celica GT200'70

200 bhp, 230 Nm, 855 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 3.0 / 4.0
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 3.0
Toe: -2 / 2
Stabilizers: 5 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 12
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids

First gen Celica has always been close my heart. It looks gorgeous, and it's actually perky and fun car to drive. 1.6l twincam 2T-G is very eager to respond any modifications, Thus I decided to try and improve this beauty. As a result, this eagerly revving little engine churns out 200bhp and 230nm, and the chassis has been through an extensive diet, resulting as 855 kilos. Suspension was done too, and car got a limited slip differential to keep the tail in check under exiting the corners. And boy, does it like corners! You can push it really hard until it begins to give warnings about it's limits. Should you want more sideways behaviour, I suggest installing less grippy tyres and fasten the seatbelt. I wish you most exciting joyrides with this beauty!

They should be TO0291, and they will appear on 14th day of the 30 day circulation.

Im still in the process of finding the Celica and Impreza, but in the meantime i tested the NSX you built for me, and im satisfied with it, runs great at Tsu

I'll still try to get the 2 missing cars soon, though im not sure when i'll be able to test now, im painting the outside walls of my workplace this week, still have 1 wall to paint and then the additional coats :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back