Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll do greycap's 240rs too, i just have to earn it first:), btw, how did you get it? i can't buy it or get from a race, i think.

It's a very rare used car. Only found on weeks 72 and 84 of the 100 week cycle, one of the real collectables of the game.

In case you can't get your hands on it, I recommend either the Chaser or the Charger. Both are big, powerful and ridiculously easy to drive. :lol:

ok, i guess i have to wait for that one. i guess i will try the chaser. i am working on a 443 horsepower skyline gtr at the moment, so it might have to wait a little, but i will definately test it for you....
just finished my skyline, now i can test your car.

Damn it, nobody wants to drive the Charger. :(

But every review is welcome, no matter of which car! 👍 I just would like someone to try that old gas guzzler out for a Tour de GT and see if it can change their opinions about muscle cars.

i have about 780,000 credits left i will gladly test the charger, i love american muscle, but first my review of the chaser. when i went in the tuner village for the first time and saw TOM'S, i kind of got excited, then i looked in there and i saw this wierd sedan with 315 horsepower. i then said to myself "wow, that car is a waste of money, who would buy that." Now i feel like a complete :dunce:. i never knew this car had this kind of potential. it is actually a fun car to drive, i took it to tsukuba and drove 10 laps, each lap was quicker than the last, it was like the car got better and better. i finished with a lap time of 0'53.061. i should have done this sooner. nice job with the tuning:tup:
This is the longest post i have ever typed, but oh well. I just finished driving the dodge charger super bee and what a blast that was. I was a little hesitant to tune this because i wanted to leave it stock. Then i just said who cares and tuned it to the required settings. this car is so much fun. i was fishtailing out of turns, flying down the straights, and cruising through corners. most of you are probably saying, what a liar, its a muscle car, it cant do that. well, this one can. my fastest lap time a tsukuba was a 0'53.371! you guys need to do more muscle cars like this.

You know, naturally it's not my business to tell people how to test drive our cars but I would really appreciate running some "real" courses, for me Tsukuba is just an overgrown RC car circuit. Too slow, too flat, too... nothing. It just doesn't let the cars use their full potential, only low speed cornering is put to a test.

i only go there because so many people brag about how fast they got their tuner cars around it. i wanted to prove that any car can pull a fast lap their ex.dodge charger. if you want to test somewhere else just let me know.

Understood, you have a PM with more explaining.

Anyone else going for the track tonight? :)

TVR Griffith 500 Blackpool '94

553 bhp, 708 Nm, 932 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 6.5
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 3 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.873
2nd: 1.873
3rd: 1.418
4th: 1.133
5th: 0.930
Final Gear: 3.150

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 35
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 15

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Forget the SL65. It's heavy. Forget the S2000. It lacks torque. Forget the 350Z. It's just uninspiring. And enter the Griffith 500 Blackpool. It has everything you'll need. In the shape of a lightweight ballet dancer this British road rocket packs the punch of a heavyweight boxer, causing havoc among the luxury Mercedes usually thought to be the ultimate convertibles. The big V8 at the front provides more than enough power to propel the light fibreglass body forward at breakneck speed and the suspension has been beefed up to cope with the greatly increased forces, the result being a really fast hairdryer. Not for the faint-hearted though, it has a tendency to show that it's still the unforgiving Griffith it has always been.

Reviews:

by crimson_menace
by Dark Elite
by Frozen
by Pyrelli
by Rotary Junkie

Last edited:
Grey, nice choice with the TVR. I just happened to have recently received a setup for the T350C.

I would imagine its fair to say that both D.E and myself have a slight attachment to TVR's, the car having been bred in Britain.

Looking forward to giving it a good run ;)

Pyrelli

I shall release my TVR later today. and after few more legendary beasts, I might release yet another TVR roadster..

Mad Finntuners: TVR Griffith 500 'Blackpool'

Seeing the 'Expert' badge attached to this car should really have been cause for a deal of trepidation as I took it to El Capitan for my first test - especially as I've been away from GT4 for so long. However, leaving the aftermarket parts in the garage while I took a couple of familiarisation laps, I got used to the feel of things quicker than I'd expected. Shouldn't be an unfair test, then, being let loose on the tuned version.

With the Mad Finntuners' specifications applied to the car, the acceleration is quite simply staggering. For a road car with 'only' 550bhp to reach 180mph on the relatively small straight here is phenomenal. However, that's nothing compared to what happens when you force it through the first bend without even easing off: despite being a TVR, it doesn't kill you, and despite the huge speed, it doesn't understeer - the handling at high speed is impressive to say the least.

The brakes, too, are mind-bending - only a car this light can slow so dramatically - you really can leave your braking as late as you like. As for the behaviour under braking, well, if you put much lock on until you've finished braking, you're going to suffer a very snappy response from this car... But what kind of headcase starts turning when braking from 180mph in a car with over 500bhp per ton? Yes, it will bite you, but only if you do something very silly. In fact, it should be like this - that way, you learn what's acceptable in such a massively capable car, and what isn't.

The turn-in is remarkable - there is a lot of weight up front there, but you cannot feel it at all; this car's nose just sniffs out corners and darts into them. Being able to hold it on-line with the throttle isn't a fine art with this car - it comes almost naturally. Despite its rating, and the reputation of TVRs in general, this is an easy car to drive extremely quickly...
A point emphasised by the way it's capable of going over the Capitan Corkscrew flat-out in third gear. Pulling the nose right into the ground before the crest, braking into third gear and then simply aiming the car into the corner with your right foot against the bulkhead is enough to bring a smile to anyone's face, and for thinking that you've just drifted a 'fearsome' Blackpool beast in excess of 100mph, it takes very little effort.

This is a race car through and through.
Yes, alright, if you mess it around, it isn't going to put up with you. But you could drive it for lap after lap and, so long as you stay within its limits - which are way, way beyond those of any comparably powered opponent - you will love it. I certainly do.

Can I think of anything wrong with it? Actually, no. And that deserves congratulations. 👍

DE

TVR Cerbera CS'97

585 bhp, 696 Nm, 994 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 3.0
Ride Height: 105 / 115
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 8 / 6

Transmission

NOTE: First do auto-set, then final gear ratio and finally actual gear ratios

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.730
2nd: 1.771
3rd: 1.256
4th: 0.946
5th: 0.770
Final Gear: 3.200

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 25
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

It started as a regular TVR, but after a humiliating loss to a German 4-door sedan, the annoyed owner delivered it to our little workshop and gave us free hands. The already light car was stripped to bare bones, parts being replaced with ones that were made of lighter and stronger materials. The engine was completely rebuilt from scratch and fine-tuned to racing specifications. The suspension is fully adjustable as well, aimed more for multiple G cornering than getting eggs from the grocery. Topping out at north of 180mph, only very few selected manufacturers can challenge this car as it is, and most of them are from Italy, near Maranello. This car was reborn as the Cerbera CS, and it eats German muscle for lunch and American muscle for dessert. And before you go, don't forget to take some extra Pirellis with you.

The Dodge Viper SRT10 R/T is awesome and fun to drive. I have tried to tune the viper myself but i never could find a setup I really like. Mad FinnTuners Co. took care of that for me.

Thanks

Good luck with that... ;)
Yes, I actually posted here...

DE

Many hours tested the car this weekend at Grand Valley Speedway, I guess it's return to the buyer/yourself either it's the car for you or not, either it meet tour driving style or not. I need hours to adapt and so far the best time I can get is 2'09.121. I tried to adjust the suspension and the gear, and I can get 2'08.569 easily (oh boy, still 0'0.002 sec behind MFT - but already tired to test more, next weekend will the best time to test again). But for me the point is not to beat MFT's time. For me is how far I need to re-setting the car to meet my driving style and so far I don't need much to re-setting MFT's car 👍 (no worries if I void the warranty, I'm rich in GT4 world :sly:)

Hmm, I smell the presence of TVR's :lol:.

Now that I'm no longer trapped in the middle of the Formula GT series, I have the freedom to have a go at things like this again. I've ever been a fan of the marque and have used TVR's as much as possible throughout my GT 'career'.

I'll be interested to see how the Mad Finn 'solutions' compare to my own. The only problem will be that a straight comparison will be impossible as I normally do not use Wings, Weight Reductions or Race Tyres (it's usually Ballast and Sports/Normal Tyres on my cars in the 'everquest' for A-Spec results :embarrassed:).

i managed to find time to test the TVR, so i will get started right now....
Just finished the TVR, it may not be completely finished, but this car is heading the right direction, and it is heading there quickly! it launches out of the corners well, not too much under or oversteer, it feels pretty solid. my TVR could learn a little from this one. I can't wait to test the finished product. Nice job.

it actually is a finished product. I tried few hints that Greycap gave me after testing the settings, but they made the car far too restless and were just like .5xx faster.

It does (or actually, did) say that, true. Leonidae hadn't finished testing my ideas by the time he posted the setup and the note just got left there.

Ok, here is my review:
Promotors Spirra​

Wow, I didn’t even know that this car exist…but ok here we go:
To be able to judge the tuning made on the car, I have to test the car in stock, and I must say that the car spins a little too much (in stock). After comprehending the comportment of the car in stock, I jumped to the car tuned with the settings shown. I must say I am very impressed by the tuning applied here, and wow, a drifting super sport car. The car has an OK behavior in the road, it can pull perfect and awesome drifts and the brakes also help this happen. It isn’t although a suitable car for tiny spaced roads like the RING, due, off course, to the drifting aspiration it haves. In overall, I rate this car an 8.1/10.👍

Now that I have tested and rated the car, I think I have the right to request a car.
I want to give you guys a little challenge:mischievous:…I want a drifting Mazda RX-7 Sprint R Type A ‘02

But I want that car to pull controllable drifts, and I want it to drift naturally, without the help of the E-Brake or the brakes or the help of anything. Are you guys up for the challenge? Oh and, if possible, with no Turbo or NA (and of course, no AIDS).:sly:

:cheers:

First, thanks for the review! 👍

Second, forgive me if I misinterpreted your post but you sound more eager to give us a seemingly impossible mission to complete than really willing to get that car. You've even admitted yourself that it's very hard to make that car drift and finally resorted to mixing tyres and ballast to achieve your goal. We don't need tricks like that and the car will undoubtedly be delivered, if only just to show that we can do it.

The first post has been edited, concerning the requests.

say, is the turbo only tune-up that's no-no? It would help if you'd give more specific info, like wing or not, N3/R3 tyres, LSD, no LSD, racing suspension or not.. You get the point, right? One can't put up a fight without knowing details..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back