Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cars are very similar so no big harm would be done but I'm not sure if the concept can take the exact settings. For the best results, use the showroom model. The warranty doesn't cover the concept. :P

Renault Clio V6 F1 Edition '03

442 bhp, 478 Nm, 1190 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 100 / 110
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.896
2nd: 2.036
3rd: 1.593
4th: 1.301
5th: 1.093
6th: 0.937
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 25 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Small, stubby, and oh so much fun. This Clio is the answer to the dreams of every hot hatch geek as it brings back the legacy of the immortal R5 Turbo. While the power is "only" 442 bhp and the weight is as high as 1190 kg this car feels like a go-kart, eager to turn in with the slightest movement of the wheel and changing direction so rapidly that you'll lose count of the corners, they are all mixed up in one continuous flow. It's not meant to be the fastest car around, not the grippiest car around, but certainly one of the most fun cars around. The car is a speed drifter par excellence if the driver lets it do its job freely, and it will probably make even the most serious driver smile. Just a great car for having a good time.

Reviews:

by Belisario93
by Frozen

Last edited:
great, after i test one of your cars you can try my viper gts, it did 1'49.288 around grand valley speedway, but i didn't try it on any other tracks yet so the settings might not be perfect

I'm planning to build the first generation Viper myself, in a bit different speed class though... I'll be aiming to about 1'41 with it when it's ready.

By the way, my memory seems to be failing me... did you ever request a car from us? :confused:

Sweet! ! !the Mad Finns finally create a Clio! I was tempted to ask for a Clio in response to my review, I'm glad I held out and I cannot wait to get this Hot Hatch out onto the track.

Well, I'd ask that you guys test a car of mine, but I don't want to create a buildup. I'd been thinking about it, but never asked. And I need to re-decide what I want tested.

Here's my review of your Renault Clio V6 F1 Edition '03

I've recently bought myself a Renault Clio V6 in order to transform it to a real racing car that easily can blow the mind out of those Japanese driving muppets.

But what to do? I'm not good at tuning the car myself so I start looking on the web for a tuning company that can make my dreams come true.

I searched for a few hours until I found what I was looking for.

The Mad FinnTuners Co.

Immediantly I sent them an email with my phone number and my request, A couple of days later they called me and accepted my request.
We decided to team up at the entrance of the famous Grand Valley Speedway.

A few hours later they started to transform my Clio with a racing suspension, a lot of performance parts for the V6 engine, new brakes, new gearbox and a full customisable lsd.

Soon it was ready to be driven on the cirquit.

And there we go. The car was ready and I slowly drove out on the straight.
The car accelerated good and I was very pleased as I entered the first corner.

But I got surprised.. I lost the control and even before I know it the wheels where on the sand.
When I realised what really happened, the first thing crossing my mind was,
-Oh my god! Are they trying to kill me?

But soon I was out on the road again to give the car another try.
In the next curve I was very careful and the car smoothly did as I wanted.
I decided to drive faster and push the car, but just a little.. I didn't want to end up like in the first turn.

After a few good curves I realised that this car isn't ment to drive like my other cars. I tried to take the following curves in different ways to find how this car wanted to be driven.

It didn't take long before I knew how to do and when I did, The car was amazing to drive.
When I went out on the long straight I happily waved to the Finns and speeded thru the finishline to enter my second lap.

This lap went much better and I was pleased with the car now when I realised how to drive it.

I passed the finishline in my second lap in the time of 1:48.

Thanks for the great settings.

Edit: Sorry if my english is bad.

Thanks for the Frozen! 👍

Yes, the car can be a bit treacherous if one tries to drive it like a fully stable grip racer... lift off, turn in and floor the throttle would be the correct way of handling it, with the tail hangingly freely on the side for half of the time. It sounds like you got the hand of it, hope you'll have many entertaining moments with it!

And nothing alarming to be complained about in your English. :)

The Stock NSX-R are impressions are quite good, so I'm looking forward to your settings with great excitement! Unfortunately I will be occupied untill sunday afternoon, so you can expect the review on or around sunday evening/monday.

And today, I shall publish the first car out of three car series. These cars possess a performance that will make higher class vehicles look ridiculously slow. First one is dedicated for pure RWD driving pleasure. Second one gives you a glimpse of older vehicles performance potential and last one will utterly destroy anything else with such ease that it looks like magic.. :mischievous:

Stay tuned.. ;)

Hmmm.... 1. 89/91 *insert name here*
2. 1970 or 1971 *insert name here*, perhaps?
3. *insert name here* V-spec II Nur? Or the '09 'Line? (Ha, only Gamespot/Gamefaqs members will get that)

Let's just say that the fastest car did 1'33.xxx @ GVS on R5's, and wasn't much slower with R3's..:scared:

i will gladly test the extremely fast one, but i have a baseball game so it may have to wait until this afternoon or evening, but i will definately test it.

Let's just say that the fastest car did 1'33.xxx @ GVS on R5's, and wasn't much slower with R3's..:scared:

wow, that is fast. Let me guess...daimler motor carriage (nah, just kidding).:P

Hmmm, to be that fast must be an MR…hmmm….what car could it be?:scared:

hemisport15 - No need to hurry, the top model won't be out until next week at earliest.

LdS - Actually, it isn't MR... but we also have a ridiculously fast MR car coming to accompany it. :sly:

Gekko Jr.

448 bhp, 480 Nm, 1071 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 5.0
Ride Height: 115 / 115
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 5 / 6
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 4

Transmission

Note! First set Autoset, then final and last gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.338
2nd: 1.609
3rd: 1.190
4th: 0.960
5th: 0.790
6th: 0.670
Final Gear: 4.500

Autoset 14

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Well balanced, yet tail-happy rascal. This little reptile will bring out good performance and quick laptimes. Despite being on the low side on power, Torque and light chassis and advanced Super Hicas 4WS-system will keep you flying through all sorts of corners and hairpins with ease. Buckle up, and prepare for sore neck since if you know what you're doing.. Because you will be watching out of the side window most of the time.

In the far east, a great power is awaken... and during the following weeks it will show the rest of the world what fast road cars are all about. Beware Europeans, beware Americans. You're doomed as soon as the Godzilla rises again.

i'll test gekko jr. it looks really cool. right now i am experimenting with a 1001 horsepower nsx- r lm roadcar.

ahh the godzilla...won three consecutive ATCC titles with Mark Skaife and Jimmy Richards from 89 to 92...great car with 620+hp...great handling

Hmm I think I know what car who will "destroy anything else with such ease that it looks like magic.."

Could it be...... Nope won't tell ^^

But I can give you a review of it any second.. Even now..

Tut tut, let's not spill the beans yet. and I can tell you already that it's not Gekko Sr.. No, sir, it's something faster. :eek:

Wow, Leo, a Skyline. Does look ridiculously fast from the black color mean stance and the wing. I'll test it out :)

Greycap: WTF? :P I can imagine what you're gonna bring.

Really, I got 2 cars that come to mind with "fast" and "powerful." And they're Nissans?

Here's my review of the Tvr Griffith 500 Blackpool.

After my succesful choice of tuners for my Renault Clio
I once again decided to give the Mad Finns something to do.

I was recently in England and got my hands over a Tvr Griffith 500.
The colour was some kind of silver yellow pearlscent and it was to me only a piece of junk.. But it was cheap.

When I got back in Sweden I directly called the Mad Finns and had a long conversation with Greycap.
We once again decided to team up at Grand Valley Speedway.

The Finns are very polite and after a cup of coffee they went to the pit-garage to change my car from the very bottom.

A couple of hours later they were done.
To me, the car looked almost the same as before except from a rear wing and new rims.

I jumped in my car and slowly drove out on the long straigt.
After a minute of half throttle I pressed the pedal down and the engine responded immediantly with a great acceleration.
In the first curve the car drove smoothly with no signs of understeering.
After half the corner I pressed the throttle and WOOAAA, I once again got surprised. But this time I liked it. The car kind of drifted thru the rest of the curve. My smile was huge as I passed the 2 following corners perfectly at a high speed and drifted thru the 4:th turn with ease.

This was me. It felt like the car and I melted together to one piece.. In harmony I passed corner after corner as my smile only got bigger for every time.

After one romantic lap I decided to push the car to get a good laptime.

The car did exactly as I wanted and I was really pleased with a laptime of 1:44.

Great job on that car.. Really

Sorry if my english is bad.

You seem to be becoming one of our best customers! 👍

I still think I should have had tea before we built your car, I was feeling sick for the entire time but managed to get the job done. Coffee just doesn't suit me. :P

Again, thanks for the in-depth review! Good to hear we're meeting your expectations, the work done hasn't been for nothing. I'm sure you will like the upcoming cars, I'm going to prove that even bricks can fly with their own power...

Oh, and still nothing to worry about in your English. :)

Can I request settings here? If yes I beg youfor settings to TVR V8S '91.

you need to test one of our setups first. I also happen to have settings ready for that car, it will be published sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back