Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I must insert a few comments on the Griffith as well.

As I had a fairly quick and powerful Griffith sitting in my garage, with a moderately modified version of the stock Rover 5 liter V8 putting out about 450hp and a lightened body, the release of the MFT Blackpool version forced my hand to bring it back out of storage. With such a good power weight ratio in spec, and millions at my command due to a few successful runs in the DTM with the ABT/Mallender Racing Audi TT-R, the relatively low cost of upgrading made perfect sense.

Well, I had the crew here in Michigan set to work while I drove my Cougar XR-7 all the way to California to run a few laps at Laguna Seca and Sears Point, and arranged to have the TVR delivered, as it was never road legal in the first place. The stock bodypanels were replaced by carbon fiber lookalikes, the MFT engine and trans were swapped in, replacing my mild build and Toploader +1 transmission, the rear differential was regeared and set up to MFT's specs, a wing and chin spoiler were attached, then they set up the suspension to MFT specifications and shipped her down.

I pulled out onto Laguna Seca, and putted around the course at about 70-80 mph and noted a want to stic through the corners. Just before the final turn, I stopped and set the shift light to a conservative 6 thousand RPM, launched smoothly, pulled second, and nailed it just before the corner. Pulled it down to first under braking, lit the tires to rotate it around the corner, flicked second, third, fourth, across the timing lights, and into fifth. Came up on the first corner, stabbed the brakes, brought it down to 60 mph in second, tapped the brakes again, down to 55, pulled first, rotated it, yanked into second and I was off. The lap was uneventful but FAST despite multiple mistakes, overbraking, and overcorrecting. The next lap, still shifting at 6 grand, was to be the fastest I have run at Laguna Seca for the time being. I brought it around, pulled into the pits, and while I let the TVR cool I took my Cougar out. I came back in after a few laps of tire roasting fun, fired the TVR up again, did another slow-paced warmup lap, stopped in the same spot, and set the light for 7k. Higher would be wasteful, as power peak is at 5500rpm, albeit falloff is very slow. The car wouldn't stop getting quicker!

Overall, it's neutral, a hint of off-throttle understeer, but nothing alarming, and I didn't have to spend time tunign it! British RWD converibles: Nothing is better, especially not if said 'vert is a TVR.

Oh, and I thank Frozen for the idea of an extremely in-depth review, and the guys at MFT for sending me the bits I needed to build it rather than make me pay them through the arse to ship it to Finland, have them build it, parts AND labor, and ship it back.

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while...the internet has eluded me for quite some time now. Anyways...

The MR-2 G-Limited tuned by Leonidae looked especially juicy, so I looked up the used car market FAQ and waited for the day my lovely mid-engined car would arrive. Today, I spotted it: a 1997 Toyota MR-2 G-Limited in the best color available: Super Red II. (Have I voided the warranty yet?) I decided to forgo(sp?) the Subaru wheels for the clean look of the BBS selection.

Before I applied the tunings, I wanted to see how the stock MR-2 performs around Trial Mountain. In a word: terribly. The weight transfer after braking hurls the rear end sideways throughout any turn, without the power to keep momentum, the gearbox makes promises that it does not keep, the tires seem to always be working their hardest-even in straightaways(?)-and left foot braking does stop the oversteer, but it slows the car down to the pace of Henry VIII.

100 horsepower, 140 kilos, one gear, and a whole lot of tuning later, it began to behave.

The oversteer problem is all but gone; the forward weight transfer in braking subdued, the only oversteer now is the result of the staggerred camber. It is never sudden, and now that the car has got enough power to push through a turn a bit sideways, the over actually speeds the car up. But there is no understeer, either! While hurling the car through TMC at mach 5, I always got the feeling that the car was becoming more and more agile as I drove on; I kept asking 110% of the car and it kept giving just that! The power/handling ratio on this car is perfect: The lovely Japanese sportscar loves to flatter you as it simply cannot misstep in fancy dancing. The power makes sure braking is never applied too early and never overwhelms the chassis, and the handling propels this car to move unimaginably quickly, considering the numbers involved here. I highly dislike (extremely)high-performance and racecars for the simple reason that they are not cars, but land rockets. This car slipped under my radar with it's relatively low power figure and lack of downforce, then completely changed my attitudes towards moving at psychotic speeds. The car's limits are as approachable as that of a Toyota Camry, yet as terrifyingly high as that of only the best sportscars. This car feels like it has much more acceleration and agility than its power and weight should allow, but not so much that it is terrifying. The car's limits are tuned so that I don't have to spend my time with throttle control and avoiding surface irregularities, and I can focus on micromanaging my timing, steering angle, and apex placement. I believe this car's speed comes in it's relative lack thereof.

Absolutely brilliant, Leonidae! 9.5/10

(The single reason it is not a 10/10 is that I couldn't overboost it to 493+ hp, enter supercar cup, then demodify and still win. But I guess the MR-2 GT-S is too heavy for this car's mission to drive through Wal-Mart at 115 mph. Oh well...)

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while...the internet has eluded me for quite some time now. Anyways...

The MR-2 G-Limited tuned by Leonidae looked especially juicy, so I looked up the used car market FAQ and waited for the day my lovely mid-engined car would arrive. Today, I spotted it: a 1997 Toyota MR-2 G-Limited in the best color available: Super Red II. (Have I voided the warranty yet?) I decided to forgo(sp?) the Subaru wheels for the clean look of the BBS selection.

Before I applied the tunings, I wanted to see how the stock MR-2 performs around Trial Mountain. In a word: terribly. The weight transfer after braking hurls the rear end sideways throughout any turn, without the power to keep momentum, the gearbox makes promises that it does not keep, the tires seem to always be working their hardest-even in straightaways(?)-and left foot braking does stop the oversteer, but it slows the car down to the pace of Henry VIII.

100 horsepower, 140 kilos, one gear, and a whole lot of tuning later, it began to behave.

The oversteer problem is all but gone; the forward weight transfer in braking subdued, the only oversteer now is the result of the staggerred camber. It is never sudden, and now that the car has got enough power to push through a turn a bit sideways, the over actually speeds the car up. But there is no understeer, either! While hurling the car through TMC at mach 5, I always got the feeling that the car was becoming more and more agile as I drove on; I kept asking 110% of the car and it kept giving just that! The power/handling ratio on this car is perfect: The lovely Japanese sportscar loves to flatter you as it simply cannot misstep in fancy dancing. The power makes sure braking is never applied too early and never overwhelms the chassis, and the handling propels this car to move unimaginably quickly, considering the numbers involved here. I highly dislike (extremely)high-performance and racecars for the simple reason that they are not cars, but land rockets. This car slipped under my radar with it's relatively low power figure and lack of downforce, then completely changed my attitudes towards moving at psychotic speeds. The car's limits are as approachable as that of a Toyota Camry, yet as terrifyingly high as that of only the best sportscars. This car feels like it has much more acceleration and agility than its power and weight should allow, but not so much that it is terrifying. The car's limits are tuned so that I don't have to spend my time with throttle control and avoiding surface irregularities, and I can focus on micromanaging my timing, steering angle, and apex placement. I believe this car's speed comes in it's relative lack thereof.

Absolutely brilliant, Leonidae! 9.5/10

(The single reason it is not a 10/10 is that I couldn't overboost it to 493+ hp, enter supercar cup, then demodify and still win. But I guess the MR-2 GT-S is too heavy for this car's mission to drive through Wal-Mart at 115 mph. Oh well...)

*Bows* Mad Finns are always eager to please you with unexpected performance. As you quickly noticed, it helps a lot when you adapt to the cars natural behaviour, instead of adapting the car to your liking.
I'm glad that yet another customer found our settings satisfying their needs, and thus, you're yet again allowed to pick up a car you like and let us tune it to the specifications you desire, perhaps that more power-oriented MR2 GT-S you mentioned..? 👍

*Bows* Mad Finns are always eager to please you with unexpected performance. As you quickly noticed, it helps a lot when you adapt to the cars natural behaviour, instead of adapting the car to your liking.
I'm glad that yet another customer found our settings satisfying their needs, and thus, you're yet again allowed to pick up a car you like and let us tune it to the specifications you desire, perhaps that more power-oriented MR2 GT-S you mentioned..? 👍

I don't need any cars set up right now, so I will wait. Actually, I thought it was only one custom car per customer? After complimenting Greycap's Seat Ibiza Cupra R, he set up an AE86 Levin for me. I definitely don't want to get what I want (or don't, as the case may be) through deception.

Also: I noticed someone mention that the Protomotors Spirra setup currently posted is a revision to an original, much more bloodthirsty, setup. What is the more dangerous setup? I've heard the car described as an axe-murderer, and would love to experience it in its purest form. Just wouldn't feel right, you know?

The purest form, eh? Spirra's original settings required extremely high skill level and lots of driving before one got used to the way it handled. even on most simple and novice-friendly tracks it randomly decided to spin when you made slightest error. That car made me sweat much more than my original RUF did. :nervous: But, if you want, Greycap will probably send you the original settings. I'll bring flowers to your grave. 💡 :lol:

Because of the popularity of the original settings, I've updated the Spirra setup post with them too. 👍

The changes weren't so huge when it comes to the number of them but the difference is definitely noticable. If the "Mk II" is a crazy axe murderer, the "Mk I" is a paranoid chainsaw killer. You have been warned. :P

Because of the popularity of the original settings, I've updated the Spirra setup post with them too. 👍

The changes weren't so huge when it comes to the number of them but the difference is definitely noticable. If the "Mk II" is a crazy axe murderer, the "Mk I" is a paranoid chainsaw killer. You have been warned. :P

Thanks! I tested the Mark II a while ago, and it only misbehaved to me when I drove over curbs. The car was impressively fast, and that is a bit of skillful tuning, but I tried it out because I wanted a challenge. I'll try these alterations today or tommorow.

I still have no idea why most people describe a car as heroically unstable, and I find it perfectly manageable.

"Heroically unstable" is the misjudgement of the year, when talking of the Gen II. but first version.. well, even I had my hands full with that car on DS2, not to mention G25..:scared:

To be honest, the moment I saw your beautifully executed 'shop' of the NSX, I was sold. I had to drive one of those!:P

luckily, I remembered myself there was still a brand new NSX-R concept, waiting for me in my garage.:)

So I took the car out for a ride.
After a couple of laps, I was astonished. This car handles great, and is really fast. It got me times as good as my RUF (500 Bhp+-) and my Evo VI(also +-500 BHP)

And now I applied your settings...

Oh boy! That's all I can say really. It's a dream setup. I can't find anything wrong about it. It's so extremely stable, breaking distances are very short, it's extremely fast, what could a customer want more?

The only bad thing I could find was the loose tail when you're braking hard from high speed. But that's not something I worry about, because it's easy to adapt to.

You guys certainly satisfied me, very good job!

The car I would like you guys to tune, will soon arrive here: Pagani Zonda C12 '00 on sports. Do what you like to do, just make it a pleasure to drive.;)

All the following is based on my own driving style.

For time attack, whatever makes the car rip through the corners as fast as possible is favourable. Usually this means grip, but some cars and some corners necessitate high speed drifting to reach the best possible performance. Our Spirra is a great example of a time attack car, it is blindingly fast over a single lap but doesn't suit racing as it can be a handful to drive.

For racing, one also has to consider the need for constant lap times and try to minimize the tyre wear. This pretty much takes out all drifting, it would cause such high tyre wear that it isn't economical to use. Our C740R is a great example of a race car, fast but still docile to drive without a tendency to surprise the driver.

Drifting is slower than grip or grip/drift over full laps, while it can be used to gain an advantage in certain corners it will lose more time in the rest of them. Our TRD Trueno is our best drifter, despite the low power.

So do you tune cars for specific races? Or is this more for time-trials and stuff like that? Or is it just for a certain "feel"? just curious.

The cars you see here are built to be good all-round ones, fitting many different courses, situations and driving styles. The request cars are tailor made for the wishes of each customer, if someone wants an agile Integra to win the Clubman Cup then we'll build it, if someone wants a Stratos on R1 tyres and full power we'll build it. :)

The cars you see here are built to be good all-round ones, fitting many different courses, situations and driving styles. The request cars are tailor made for the wishes of each customer, if someone wants an agile Integra to win the Clubman Cup then we'll build it, if someone wants a Stratos on R1 tyres and full power we'll build it. :)

I see. Well, i'll do an experiment then. This should be interesting since i feel pretty confident as i tune my own cars. Right now i'm in the middle of the 1000 Miles! events...actually i'm about to tackle the last race tonite at Sarthe. I'm in the habit of using substandard parts (rather than the best ones) because i feel that the cars in the 1000 Miles! are running mostly stock, except for tires and power ups.

So i've got a Ginetta G4 equipped with

semi-racing suspension (i dont have a full-custom one yet as i just explained i feel it's overkill, and i only had 4,000 credits before i started the 1000).
racing brakes (but no controller)
single-plate clutch
sports flywheel
road tires (N3) tho i switch up to S1 hard sports when i let Bob take over in the pits
stock gearing (no racing tranny. i used close gearing at Paris and Monaco)
1-way differential
car wash before race at Sarthe? yes.
oil change before Sarthe? no, but i may add some power...not sure yet, i'll have to see how qualifying goes.

no carbon shaft
no traction controls :rolleyes:
no wings
no weight reductions
no rigidity refresh
oil change before the race at Nurburging, but none since then (91 bhp). But again, i may add a small bit of power after i qualify.

....i think that's everything. So basically this is an easy tune for you guys...only the suspension is presents a variable. Wanna see what you would do at Sarthe....and how much of a difference it would make. IF you want, you can even substitute your own parts (like add full-custom parts) and later i'll take what you've chosen and see how your car differs from mine. 👍 :) But for now, how about you just tune with the parts i've listed above?

Before we will fulfill your request, let me point you at the Post Number 11 that has also been mentioned on the 1st page of this thread.

...Every visitor who tests our setups may ask for one setup for a car He/She has and wants to be tuned to best possible performance and handling...

...Keep in mind that this will happen only if you test one of our setups and give us feedback. If you want us to adjust a car for a certain online race at GTP, you have to ask from the judges and organizer of the race, if it's okay to use outsider team to set up the car for the particular race....

I think I made my point clear.👍

You make it sound so damn negative. :P Well, we have to be. If there weren't the rules we would be drowning in requests without getting half the feedback we get now. And those rules are the same for everybody, it doesn't matter if you're a newcomer, a Premium member or a site administrator. If we let one requester slip, the others would follow the suit and we would be in trouble again. That's the way it goes but I'm sure you understand! 👍

You make it sound so damn negative. :P Well, we have to be. If there weren't the rules we would be drowning in requests without getting half the feedback we get now. And those rules are the same for everybody, it doesn't matter if you're a newcomer, a Premium member or a site administrator. If we let one requester slip, the others would follow the suit and we would be in trouble again. That's the way it goes but I'm sure you understand! 👍

Yeah that's fine. I read your first post before i posted here, but i neglected to read post #11, so i didn't know about the additional rules and stuff. In any event, i'm done with the 1000 Miles now, and that means i have just over $750,000 at my disposal. :embarrassed: I'll check out one of your cars tonite and drive it and stuff, then i'll get back to you. :)

..hmm. That 1970 Mitsubishi Colt/Galant looks enticing. I already drove one of these before in alot of races so i can check it out...

Plus I would rather see a slowly growing group of well-tuned cars than a plethora of cars with minor tweaks to a formula that has been applied to them. The Mad Finns do a great job, I have tested almost all of their cars now, and while some(Spirra the Mad Spinna :P) are beyond my skills(no wheel) it is obvious that the tuning that is put into them is from an experienced team.

Nismo GT-R V-SpecII R-Tune '02

510 bhp, 528 Nm, 1294 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Displacement Increase
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 120 / 130
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.115
2nd: 2.143
3rd: 1.614
4th: 1.317
5th: 1.112
6th: 0.945
Final Gear: 3.700

Autoset 12

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Is there anything for a Japanese car enthusiast that can beat a Nissan GT-R? Yep, the Nismo version of it. The V-SpecII R-Tune is the finest version we can get our hands on (excluding the ultra rare Z-Tune) and it definitely lives up to the hype. The car may not be the most powerful among tuner cars, neither is it one of the lightest. But it's one of the most pleasant to drive. This big monster will make driving at high speeds look so easy that it's hard to believe, even flat out driving on the holy Nürburgring feels like a Sunday cruise. The car is very predictable and the limits are high, but when they are exceeded there is nothing to stop the chain reaction. Look out, people. The Red Devil is on the loose.

Reviews:

by EA11R
by Evtim

Last edited:
Just about no idea and less than zero interest towards that guy, the Red Devil is only pointing to the car here.

TXR3: Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. Fun game.

I just find the similarities striking. In fact, I think the thing was a NISMO R-tune with the knife on the hood, same paint and all, but I could be mistaken.

R34, red, fast, named Red Devil... See my point?

Anyways, my name comes from that game. I swapped rotaries into anything I could.

Well, mad Finns, we got lucky. Came home early today and the house computer is free so i'm posting a bit early. These are the settings i used for my version of the 1970 Mitsubishi Colt Galant, but don't worry cuz i also drove "your" car, too.

Springs: 5.3 / 4.0 kg/mm
Ride: 119 / 133 mm
B. Damps: 5/7
R. Damps: 2/8
Camber: 3.3° / 1.4°
Toe: none
Stabl: 4/6

Brakes: 13 / 7
LSD: 15/24/5

Gears: Auto 5
1st: 2.666
2nd: 1.900
3rd: same
4th: same
5th: 1.080

Final drive: 2.850

Wings: same as Finn's (30/20)
Tires: S3/S2

So i went ahead and bought, tuned, and drove the Colt. I'm not sure if
i'm supposed to take it to a certain track, but i chose my favorite for
technical testing: Grand Valley Speedway.

First thing i noticed about the Finn carwas how perfectly the gearing suits this track. You always have the right gear at your disposal, and rolling down the straight takes you into 6th gear towards the peak horsepower area perfectly.

I was a bit suprised at how you guys tune suspensions--mostly the way
you keep the ground clearance so high. I'm not criticizing here..i'm
just shocked. So many folks go "oh, just lower it all the way" so
it's refreshing to see some tuners who aren't afraid of a higher ground
clearance. Depending on which track i'm at, i'll sometimes have a car that sits higher than minimum, simply because i like the leeway i have if the track is bumpy or there's curbs i need to travel over. During races, i sometimes need to drive over curbs to get past stubborn Ai. 👍

I tend to tune dampers & stabilizers in a similar manner as you guys, with extra front-camber 👍 so your front setting of
2.5° front/ 1.0 rear suits my style.

Finally, the wing, limited-slip, and tires. The wing and limited-slip i notice
are obvious attempts to limit both inside lift/wheelspin (which
lightweight rear-drives are often famous for) and understeer, so my
tuning was similarish to yours. I differ heavily with tires, tho...i
usually mix 'em...as you can see i used soft tires up front and medium
ones in the rear...but i'll get to that in a minute.

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS-----------------------------------------

Other than a bit of understeer at the limit when going into turns
(which can't be tuned out further anyways) i was impressed. I was
especially impressed by the way your settings help the Galant to
power-oversteer out of tight corners
, even on all soft tires. I've had a
bear of a time trying to get my cars (rear-drive or 4WD) to do
this in GT4, and have finally resorted to using a combo of S3 soft tires up front with S2 medium tires rear (or the equivalent with other sets like S2's and S1's) to get more "power-steer", so it's
awesome to see you guys have managed power-oversteer with settings
alone
. 👍 I've definately learned a valuable lesson here, and
it's opened my eyes to new possibilties in GT4. :cool: I'm not playing around here, i really mean it--this will change the way i game at times! 👍

COMPARISON----------------------------------------

Comparing your car to my car...mine power-oversteers as well, however
in a sloppier fashion. Depending on what race i'm in, i actually
prefer to have a car that's a tad sloppy (especially older ones)
so i'll use your ideas for some races, but i'll keep my ideas for others (where being "perfect" isn't so crucial.

Now the tranny. I'm in the habit of "pretending" the older cars in the
game are limited to whatever transmission types were available from
their time period. In other words, if i install a full-custom tranny in
a 1964 Pontiac GTO, i'll dial it so that i'm only using 4
gears
instead of the available 6. Yes, i know nowadays it's
possible to install a 6 in an older car, but i prefer to game this way
for 2 reasons:

1. It feels more authentic if i have a gearbox in conjunction
to what was available at the time the car was on the market.

2. If i installed 6-speeds in all my cars after buying the FC tranny,
they'd all start to feel the same....like "Gran Turismo" cars. I'm
having trouble explaining this in print, so i hope you know what i mean. It's like you buy a car, you get the tranny all set up perfect, now it shifts like all the race cars you already have in your garage...like a GT car. Sometimes i want some variety...

So anyways, i lowered the final drive of my Mitsubishi Galant so that
i'd only have to use 5 gears, then i raised the 1st, 2nd, and 5th
gears so it would be more compatible to some of the corners & the long straight of Grand Valley. :)

Your suspension settings are high, and i would use a raised suspension
for some tracks (like Seattle) but at Grand Valley i lowered it. I also
reversed the springs so that the front-end is stiffer, and changed the
front dampers (bound & rebound) so that under power the car wouldn't
understeer (not that it did with your settings....i'm just telling you
how i'd normally set up my car). Actually, MY car understeered no more or less than yours. I put a bit of extra camber up front so the front tires would "catch" slightly later and i also wanted to get the steering to not be so grippy in faster turns.

The way i set springs & brakes differs from the Finns, and here's where i believe the bulk of your power-oversteer advantage exists (when compared to my car on its mixed tires). I also tuned my limited-slip's initial & accel settings a bit stronger than yours, but in reality i didn't have to. Your's suited my style fine, too. I was just merely keeping with my own habits here.

I'm in the habit of driving over some of the red & white grids on the
side of the track, so my car bounced a bit more than yours, but not so
drastically that i lost time or anything.

Anyways, there you have it...a review of the Finn Mitsubishi Galant compared to the Parnelli Mitsubishi Galant. :cool: :cheers:

So, I pulled the Spirra out and ran the old settings; her, my impressions:

Gymkhana testing: Just a test of reactions and maximum grip, nothing more.
The old Spirra feels good here, lots of grip and a willingness to rotate the tail on-demand. Let's see if our paranoid chainsaw serial killer friend can cope with a few rough, hilly tracks. El Capitan and THE RING.

El Capitan testing: Finds how easy the car will get upset at hillcrests and gives you an idea how it will corner on the 'Ring is some sections.
You ask this car for forgiveness, and it asks you to define the word forgiveness. Then it tells you "that sounds boring." Sure, cars can't talk, but they can show it through their actions. El Capitan is a creepy course (for me) in almost any car, though. On to the 'Ring!

Nurburgring testing: Touted as the ultimate test, if the car can remain happy throughout a lap, it IS good, no questions asked.
Well, the car scares the hell out of you, and it gets upset at the slightest mistake. However, that is the fun of this car. Making it get around the track cleanly is a better challenge in itself than the AI can ever provide.

I like it, it's a bit sharper than the new one.

I was a bit suprised at how you guys tune suspensions--mostly the way
you keep the ground clearance so high. I'm not criticizing here..i'm
just shocked. So many folks go "oh, just lower it all the way" so
it's refreshing to see some tuners who aren't afraid of a higher ground
clearance. Depending on which track i'm at, i'll sometimes have a car that sits higher than minimum, simply because i like the leeway i have if the track is bumpy or there's curbs i need to travel over. During races, i sometimes need to drive over curbs to get past stubborn Ai. 👍

They're right you know- the thing about ground clearance is, if the ground isn't perfectly smooth (read: nurb) and if you're going insanely fast (at the nurb :scared: ) the car is going to be constantly working the full range of the suspension, and extra travel is exactly what's going to let it cling to the road. I absolutely love the Nurb for that, so many places where the road twists around while also dropping away or bouncing you violently, it's my favorite torture test ever. Ground clearance is actually the only way to maintain composure on such a track at speed. I know this because my current project is the RUF BGT with stage 4 turbo :)

Something I'm finding is that a stiff sprung but soft shocked car can corner well and be smoother than a soft spring/moderate shock combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back