Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
*a bloody good review*
I'm speechless. :bowdown:

The most thorough review of any car I've ever seen, topped up with first class pictures and captions to match! No doubt, you, sir, are an artist. I just don't have the words to use so I'll remain silent in awe. And begin looking for towels before my keyboard drowns in drool.

Speaking of the turbo brother of the GTHO... it's coming. Hurricane warning, I might say. I don't know how fast it is yet but I have a feeling that I'll invite you for a test drive when it's done, it just might have the small touch of sharpness that the GTHO is lacking.

Back to business then, you reviewed out my car, I owe you one in return. Anything interesting in mind? :cheers:

Damn, I hope that some day some of my cars will receive a review like that. That is a true masterpiece. 👍

Nissan R390/870GT '98

868 bhp, 1091 Nm, 1038 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
FC Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 8.0
Ride Height: 80 / 85
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 4
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 8 / 4

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.092
2nd: 2.151
3rd: 1.668
4th: 1.359
5th: 1.138
6th: 0.969
Final Gear: 2.500

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 70 / 85

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

You didn't know there are actually five Black Beauties in GT4, did you? Well, actually this fifth one is available only for those who really want to see it. For the ones with less faith there is a more ordinary looking blue model. And once you've seen it, you won't forget it that easily. No, this is a car to be remembered. It isn't extraordinarily powerful, not extraordinarily light. But there is something. And that's the combination of all its qualities. Snappy but smooth, blindingly fast yet comparatively easy to drive, the R390/870GT has it all. You can even drift it if you like, but to extract the best out of it you should be screaming forward at breakneck speed, actually faster than what any other road legal car is capable of. Meet the Carbon Creature and have a great time.

Reviews:

by EA11R
by ImprezaAddict
by Kurei
by Nenad

Last edited:
Damn, I hope that some day some of my cars will receive a review like that. That is a true masterpiece. 👍

I'm working on it!

Reading such a fantastic review got me inspired.

Greycap: Something tells me that the 5:th black beautie isn't in the game.. except for it's original blue colour.

The R390 (black version) is found in the Used Car Lot 2. Same week as the other black beauties.

I think what he meant by the 5th black beauty is the MFT tuned R390. LOL

The MFT car is based on the road car, smarty.

Which there is no black version of.

So it can only be seen by those who really want to see it.

Photoshop FTW!

I'm speechless. :bowdown:

The most thorough review of any car I've ever seen, topped up with first class pictures and captions to match! No doubt, you, sir, are an artist. I just don't have the words to use so I'll remain silent in awe. And begin looking for towels before my keyboard drowns in drool.
You are welcome, it's a pleasure to be able to give something back after getting such enjoyment out of your work :) But you are too kind. artist? no, just a former editor with too much time on his hands atm :sly:

Speaking of the turbo brother of the GTHO... it's coming. Hurricane warning, I might say. I don't know how fast it is yet but I have a feeling that I'll invite you for a test drive when it's done, it just might have the small touch of sharpness that the GTHO is lacking.
Sounds interesting, I must admit I've hardly driven the forced ford but I have a feeling that will soon change ;)

Back to business then, you reviewed out my car, I owe you one in return. Anything interesting in mind? :cheers:
Thank you, I'll send you a pm.

Thanks again, don't worry I will be giving you some feedback on a few of your cars soon, starting with a certain black beast! :D

wow.., you really dedicated yourself to playing GT4 and understanding each and every car in the game.., i am speechless, i cant relate to the setups of the cars.., wish i could do the same (i really, really, really, really want to), spending time tuning cars, perfecting their performance, the works of a true GT fanatic.., but, sad to say, i only play GT4 in a rental shop *sigh* ...,

this is like, THE best thread ever on the GTP forum.., two guys who have true passion on cars and dedicated themselves to the game that is Gran Turismo. i mean, who else would take time getting old cars, tuning them to perfection and show them to everyone?? just like what i saw in another reply here: these two Finnish men have patience and perseverance, traits of a true GT fanatic. incredible guys, keep up the excellent work.., i wish this thread would have the support of the whole GTP community.., 👍👍

You're too kind, mister. You're making shy and humble ( not to mention simple) Finn like me blush.. :embarrassed:

Rotary Junkie - Hit the nail right on the head there. Believe in the car hard enough and you'll have it. 👍

Brock5000 - Well, whatever you are, you have skill. The PM'ing is underway. :)

=drifting24/7= - The words like yours are what makes this thing worth doing. Thank you!

Well my review of the Mitsubishi Galant (both the Finn's car and with my tuning) has been totally ignored. :( But whatever. You guys have the most successful tuning shop here, good luck in the future.

Didn't I write something about it? Or did I just think about writing? Whatever, this has to be corrected.

If you did, i haven't seen it. Page 24/post 477 i believe. Normally, i wouldn't care, but i spent over an hour driving your car, and then "my" car, and comparing the 2 online when i coulda just been doing some races in gT4. Anyways, i appreciate your attention, and if you already commented (and i just am not seeing it) i stand corrected.

Well, it seems I just thought about writing. Apologies for that. :guilty: So I'll write now. 👍

First thing i noticed about the Finn car was how perfectly the gearing suits this track. You always have the right gear at your disposal, and rolling down the straight takes you into 6th gear towards the peak horsepower area perfectly.
Yep, that's one of the easiest ways to shave well over a second off a lap time. As the power is limited, it must be fully used.

I was a bit suprised at how you guys tune suspensions--mostly the way you keep the ground clearance so high. I'm not criticizing here..i'm just shocked. So many folks go "oh, just lower it all the way" so it's refreshing to see some tuners who aren't afraid of a higher ground clearance. Depending on which track i'm at, i'll sometimes have a car that sits higher than minimum, simply because i like the leeway i have if the track is bumpy or there's curbs i need to travel over. During races, i sometimes need to drive over curbs to get past stubborn Ai. 👍
Very low suspension tends to create a very stable car, and for me at least, stabililty equals understeering. Thus I prefer higher setups and against the common opinion, I also like the looks of the car better when it still looks like a car and not a frog ran over by an eighteen wheeler.

Other than a bit of understeer at the limit when going into turns (which can't be tuned out further anyways) i was impressed. I was especially impressed by the way your settings help the Galant to power-oversteer out of tight corners, even on all soft tires. I've had a bear of a time trying to get my cars (rear-drive or 4WD) to do this in GT4, and have finally resorted to using a combo of S3 soft tires up front with S2 medium tires rear (or the equivalent with other sets like S2's and S1's) to get more "power-steer", so it's awesome to see you guys have managed power-oversteer with settings alone. 👍 I've definately learned a valuable lesson here, and it's opened my eyes to new possibilties in GT4. :cool: I'm not playing around here, i really mean it--this will change the way i game at times! 👍
It's simple physics, actually. The stiffer rear enables the rear tyres to get overloaded during hard acceleration, thus losing grip.

That's the technical part, I think. Other than that, I can only appreciate your work comparing every little aspect of the cars to the smallest detail, even the bouncing when going over curbs. Your style is what we need here, sorry for this forgetting. I promise it won't happen again. 👍

Well, it seems I just thought about writing. Apologies for that. :guilty: So I'll write now. 👍

Yep, that's one of the easiest ways to shave well over a second off a lap time. As the power is limited, it must be fully used.

Very low suspension tends to create a very stable car, and for me at least, stabililty equals understeering. Thus I prefer higher setups and against the common opinion, I also like the looks of the car better when it still looks like a car and not a frog ran over by an eighteen wheeler.

It's simple physics, actually. The stiffer rear enables the rear tyres to get overloaded during hard acceleration, thus losing grip.

That's the technical part, I think. Other than that, I can only appreciate your work comparing every little aspect of the cars to the smallest detail, even the bouncing when going over curbs. Your style is what we need here, sorry for this forgetting. I promise it won't happen again. 👍

You're welcome. 👍 Yeah, i'm all about noticing details, and i've learned some stuff from you Finns.

Again, i really dig the way your car would gather a bit of slip if i punched the throttle out of a turn. I want to try one of your other cars in the future...and again compare it to the way i'd tune. I don't currently have a car i need you to tune, though..hope you don't mind if i just drive yours & compare. :)

and tomorrow, you all shall meet an old friend, that usually lives around highways and racing tracks. Some say that he's always right next to you, waiting for fatal error, and that he has made a succesful career as a singer in Bill @ Ted movie. But this time, He'll be here strictly on business, delivering previous fast cars to the other side ( except for R390/870GT). And he is..

20790.jpg

The Grim R34per! :scared::nervous:

Excellent! I was considering requesting a Nissan R390 that, you know, isn't an axe-murderer. Speaking of which...

I tested out the Korean road rocket and I would like to thank Leonidae for bringing me flowers ;)

That is all:)

Lol.

And what about MY review of the Old Spirra?

Pah, you don't like me anymore *goes in a corner and cries*

I, I almost DIED in that car... Mommy!

:lol:

Ah, it was nothing.

Lol.

And what about MY review of the Old Spirra?

Pah, you don't like me anymore *goes in a corner and cries*

I, I almost DIED in that car... Mommy!

:lol:

Ah, it was nothing.

ummm..💡 hey, I gots lollipops in my GT-R. want some?

j/k :lol:

Excellent! I was considering requesting a Nissan R390 that, you know, isn't an axe-murderer. Speaking of which...

I tested out the Korean road rocket and I would like to thank Leonidae for bringing me flowers ;)

That is all:)

say, EA11R.., your nickname.., did you get it from the Suzuki Cappuccino?? :)

Grim R34per

911 bhp, 948 Nm, 1294 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 106 / 106
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 6
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 5 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 1

Transmission
Gear Ratios
1st: 2.928
2nd: 1.877
3rd: 1.327
4th: 1.081
5th: 0.884
6th: 0.728
Final Gear: 4.100

Autoset 25

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 33

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

balance weight: 0

At first glance it looks like any ordinary GT-R.. But something isn't right. You can feel the presence of this car, and in the darkening night, you can almost see an aura around it. This car is vicious beast, faster than anything else. It diminishes even the almighty Godzilla, R32 GT-R that started the legend of unbeatable twinturbo monsters. This car is known as Grim R34per, and for a good reason.. Because you never know if it'll take you to the other side of the record time, or to the dark depths of hell. Development of this car took many lives, thus, treat it with respect.

Rest In Peace, and GodSpeed..

Leo

Get used to seeing that, people. Well, that is, if you plan on keeping up with this. (Just my bet. Leo is the GT-R Freak, it's an MFT car... It's got 900+hp.)

Well, let's say this. You are dead.

Hmm... Could that possibly be the reason behind the name?

You bet that's the reason. 👍

On the other hand, it can kill the driver too. You never can tell with these machines. My R-Tune in "only" the Red Devil, but the Grim R34per takes the victory by an infinite margin when it comes to deadly GT-R's.

Oh, and speaking of GT-R freaks... I don't think you know my background. ;)

Rotary, just to tell you the truth.. This car delivered 1'33 @ GVS on R5's. with R3's, it's about as fast as Godzilla is on R5's, meaning that it's capable of pulling sub 1'40s with ease.. and it keeps killing me, and even Greycap.

Man it has been forever since i posted in here, mostly due to school and what not, i haven't even played GT4 in quite some time either, maybe the Reaper is enough to spark my interest again.

I've always had an interest in unusual cars, or possesed, or w/e, because every time i see one, especially when people are hyping about it, i just have this inner voice that says "bring it on".

I don't know when i'll test it, or if i will, but either way once the motivation fully kicks in, you'll know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back