Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we still doing this Big Saloon car challenge? Almost on the edge of release here in Oz as only 1hr 18mins to 2008!

Edit: One of our large cars are released, the Walkinshaw SS. *Now waits patiently for MFT's*

Jaguar S-Type RL '02

630 bhp, 803 Nm, 1494 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 130 / 135
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 1.0
Toe: 1 / -1
Stabilizers: 3 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 6 / 9

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.735
2nd: 1.892
3rd: 1.460
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.844
Final Gear: 3.000

Autoset 11

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Tired with your S-Type R because it's too slow? We have just what you need, the S-Type RL. To be honest we couldn't quite work out the exact meaning of the "L" but you can decide it yourself, the choices are Lightened, Limited or Lightning. The car has lost 300 kilograms and gained some 200 bhp in the process of making it the fastest Jaguar saloon on the roads. Gone is the smoothly shifting gearbox, serious fast drivers know how to shift by themselves. The suspension is a cross between a reasonably smooth ride and cornering performance but the biggest changes lie under the hood. The four (and some change) litre V8 has received a significant power boost that enables it to run a standing kilometre in a bit over 20 seconds which puts it easily ahead a stock Zonda C12. Well, straight line performance doesn't tell that much. But this big beast also beats the Zonda around a race track. Supercar performance in a saloon body, here you go.

Reviews:

by Kurei
by viperpilot

Last edited:
Hello MFT.. It has been a while since I visited Gtplanet. Some time ago I lost my interest for Gran Turismo. But now it is back, and so am I. And what is better than a review as my comeback?​

ProtoMotors Spirra SC -04​

This is actually the reason why my interest came back.
It is surely the greatest car I have ever driven on my ps2. It is so much fun and it is fast :) Just how I like it! Ofcourse I used the MK I settings :) It is more fun that way..

Click for bigger picture

This Korean supercar was released in 2004. It has a 4,6 litres Mustang V8 which produces around 300 horsepower and weight something around 1200-1300 kg when stock. But this machine, The one tuned by the greatest, The MadFinn Tuners weigts less, has more power and can easily outperform the stock Spirra by several times.
The tuned Spirra has been fitted with new brakes, a new gearbox, a entirely new suspension, a big rear wing and a lots of tuning parts for the engine.
This new, tuned version weights 1096 kg, has 524 bhp and a torque on massive 814 nm.. That is not bad!
It does 0-100 km/h in 3,3 seconds and it has a topspeed on 310 km/h

The Spirra can easily compete with Ferraris and other more famous supersportcars. From a distance it kind of looks like the Ferrari F430 or maybe the 360. I leave you to decide. But from my opinion. I like this more.

Just looking at this wondercar is a joy. But driving it, My god, you are one step closer to heaven. But quicker than you rises to the skies, you may fall down to hell when pushing this car to much in corners. It's middle placed engine and rear drive makes this car very dangerous. To high speed will almost surely result in a spin and before you know it. You might be killed or if you are lucky, you will end up on the grass.

Click for bigger picture

The brakes are very good and if the pedal is pressed hard the car will stop in just a short distance.

Summary:
👍 Acceleration and Top Speed
👍 "Fun factor"
👍 Engine Sound
👍 Brakes
👍 Looks great

👎 Not compatible with NOS :(

Click for bigger picture

That's all for me.. Hope you enjoyed it..

Btw, Greycap, That Big Kitten seems great.. I might test it :)

Jaguar S-Type RL '02 Review

Well, I can say that the L stands for lethal and this is the Jaguar it claims to be, no house cats here. Turn in on this car is good, and for over 600hp wheelspin is very controllable and predictable, undoubtedly thanks to the large weight of the car and the gear ratios. The car has a really sturdy feeling on the road so that unless you veer off with too much speed or understeer you're not likely to crash. That said, veering off is a little more possible than you'd like, not in a pathetic way but the brakes a little weak and it takes a while to pull up and to get it around high speed corners you really need to pull it into shape using the brakes. Thanks to the brake balance this isn't much of an issue as the way it's set up you can turn and brake quite easily at the same time, just remember to brake that little bit earlier. In low speed corners you need to be very careful as it will always try to switch back to first which makes it very easy to spin the wheels (just like our Walkinshaw actually) therefore a carefully laid race line and a light right foot is essential for low speed corners. This car is only a fraction of a second behind the Walkinshaw (in my hands), so I hope we do this challenge. It could be very close fun racing.

Edit: You know I can't remember who I was talking to that one time, either Leo or Greycap, but it was suggested that not many reviews came in any more because everyone was playing GT5:P. We didn't think it was likely but apparently it's very true. You leave the GT5:P thread for 12hrs and all of a sudden there's some twenty new posts there, and they can't even tune their cars yet. There's always almost 3 times the amount of people there as there is here in GT4 as well. Who would have guessed eh.

Where's Leo's car guys, I suppose it will debut really soon and we have no idea what it is. My 2 cars are at AT that I wish to challenge you with, if you're still up for it.

PS- My 2 cars is slightly incorrect, dimplz and I worked together on the Walkinshaw Grip Car.

here is my review of the S-Type RL:

i really liked the performance of the car, the acceleration is great, and the brakes really work well for a car this size. but i noticed some understeer in long fast corners (i tested @ Suzuka), and this destroyed a bit the perfect first contact. and i noticed some wheelspin till 3rd gear after accelerating out of a corner, but maybe this was just my driving-style.
no hard feelings Greycap, the car is not bad, but it won't be my favourite!

viper

E55 MFT'02 "Dicke Bertha"

683 bhp, 970 Nm, 1585 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 10.0
Ride Height: 115 / 125
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: -2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 9

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.245
2nd: 2.094
3rd: 1.600
4th: 1.280
5th: 1.026
Final Gear: 2.250

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Meet Bertha, The East-Germany's Olympic wrestling champion from '72. She likes it hot and heavy, and she doesn't like to slow down once she gets her respectable mass on the roll. Be careful especially in the corners that come after straights, since that's the place where she likes to have sloppy seconds. Wear your seatbelt, and treat her well.. Otherwise you will find out WHY she is called "Big Bertha".

I'll probably give her a run, especially to see what my cars are/would have been (depending if we challenge each other) up against.

I have this feeling that only challenge would be top speed. I did my best, but let's just say that her charming body held the best results beyond reach.

And I agree
E55 MFT '02 Review
I'd like to say that you worked your magic on this one, and I was sceptical before I drove. I guess some things are impervius to magic. The one thing this car could do well was.................does top speed even count? Because compared to real top speed machines it still lucks out big time. Mercedes are just too heavy a car to consider for racing. Turn in is lowzy, brakes take a long time to pull this car up (oh no, look, a small animal on the road 3kms ahead, better start pulling up now.) And it still can't gain traction, it's reaching and grabbing in an empty bag labelled traction, no one told it that traction was moved to a vault up stairs. It understeers like there's more chocolate on the outer edge of the track for it to increase its weight with. I'm sorry to be so harsh, and considering I've liked every other car I've tested of yours (other than the R390, I'm still just a mortal) this car just doesn't pull any of my strings. I can see now why you guys weren't agreeing to my challenge, my cars were built with a different purpose in the engineer's minds and it would have been a mis-match. At least you know now never to pick another Mercedes again.;)

interesting choice Leo, i think i'll give her a ride..........maybe i can fascinate Bertha with my austrian charm *gg*

viper

yeah, you do that, Viper.. *rolls on the floor laughing* And new mercs unfortunately are modern versions of 60's-70's american muscle. lots of power, even more torque, intended for straight line speeding only.

E55 MFT'02 "Dicke Bertha" Review

I decided to ignore the hints given in the description and the scathing review of the car and find this cars character myself (I wasn't orignally going to test it myself given the high cost of the car). Particularly with this car I think it is important to give the stock car a thorough test. In the end I found the engine to be powerful but sedate; the handling of the car was barely average, with the brakes needing particular attention as well as a natural tendency to understeer. However I found the car was willing to turn, though once in the turn it proved to be a bit rubbish really.

Having now applied the parts and the setup, as a general overview the car has gained in power but crucially it has also lost quite a lot of weight. This prompted various thoughts but on a light hearted note, this car did remind me of a certain tv add :lol:

As soon as testing started I realised that the engine was transformed, not only was it powerful but now it was also lively. Braking was still somewhat weak but it had less of a tendency to encourage understeer. As for the slow and tight corners, the car was once again willing to turn its head but was now able to actually hold a line. However the engine, which was already capable of overwhelming the tyres in standard form, was even more capable now. Though thankfully the long lower gears gave it some chance to pull away, and as long as the car didn't clip any curbs, just a bit below full throttle in second was always possible.

After the straight the first corner proved to be nail-biting, particularly with the cars immense ability to pull through its gears (and tear through the air). Whilst the brakes were responsive, they were still a bit weak; however the brake bias and setup in general meant that it was balanced and felt as if the rear was actually giving some input into the process.

Into the next few corners the car needed gentle inputs to make sure it got round without losing too much speed and to reduce sliding. This was annoying at first but I suppose with each car you do have to do some adapting. At this point the suspension was giving more noticeably precise steering and a slight but ever present understeer. Although this wasn't great it was none the less a good improvement over stock.

Perhaps a problem exaggerated by the cars length, the car still had good turn, but once turning it appeared to have a large turning circle (unless at low speed) and the understeer meant that quick changes of direction weren't likely; however on the better laps the car was able to take the corners at quite some pace provided the right line was taken.

[In general the behaviour didn't change in the faster/longer corners, though obviously the whole turning circle thing was less of an issue]

Overall this car is an improvement over the stock car. The engine is now not only powerful, but also responsive and able to both climb up and drop the revs with ease. The suspension setup has given the car a much needed stable platform that has its weight held in place. Though the turning characteristics, such as the understeer, are still present but they are there in a much less/controllable form. This car had what I deemed a certain Russian efficiency to it. It wasn't particularly refined but it took full advantage of its power and generally good abilities to pull off some competitive lap times; ending the session in a 1'56.8 (there was more to come but I felt I had already seen what the car was capable of). One thing is for sure though, it'll definitely test a drivers abilities and this is a setup that won't make up for any weaknesses in that area!

Congrats on what I feel was a good attempt at getting a firm grasp on a tough car 👍; just a thought but perhaps it should be graded as "expert".

Pyrelli

Oh my. What else can I say? I'm thoroughly impressed by the amount of effort you put into that review! I appreciate it though. I knew that this car won't charm anyone with sweet handling, but crush, smahs and pulverize with the torque. as long as you keep it on third gear, everything is fine.. ish. :lol:

I knew that this car won't charm anyone with sweet handling, but crush, smahs and pulverize with the torque. as long as you keep it on third gear, everything is fine.. ish. :lol:

If its any cosolation to you, i personally think the car looks gorgeous ;) It would make an awesome V.I.P car!!!!!

But honestly its difficult to turn a big 5 door luxury cars into a ferocious racer, i think on the given circumstances, you did the best that could be done with that car.

^Ummm... Where is this fifth door of which you speak?

lol.

Also, I'm looking up how to get my hands on a Lotus Elan, so I may say a few things on that old tune of an old car in a while. I can't remember how to get it, though, and I know it was a pretty lengthy process (I've done it once before), so I may not drive it for a while.

so, here is my review of Bertha:

first the looks, the car looks great with the DTM-rims, and they really harmonize with the color of the car. i think the car has too much power, and too much weight. until 3rd gear you are hopeless lost in smoke, but going into every corner in 3rd gear, makes you slower around the track! after 3rd gear the acceleration is for such a great car really impressive. also there is some understeer in long fast corners (as mentioned in my Jaguar-review, i tested @ Suzuka). the car has too much weight for the brakes, they seem to be very stressed in some situations.
for me personally, the car felt faster than the Jaguar, and the laptime at Suzuka proved that to me. you did the best someone can do to such great, heavy cars, and for that effort, i want to thank you guys!

viper

I humbly thank you all for the reviews. I guess that this car was somehow under the radar, and I did my best to surprise.. but fat lady can only sing, not run.. :lol: I will try and come up with something more nimble next time.

Frozen - Great to hear that we were able to revive your interest in the game! Choosing the Mk I settings is a respectable decision but they definitely enable seeing the full glory of the car. It was one of my first seriously fast setups and to day the most dangerous one, that car doesn't tolerate a single mistake but throws you into the wall without questioning. Thanks for remembering our early work too! 👍

nd 4 holden spd - Thanks for trying out the big Brit! Most of the problems you've discovered are results of the higher than desirable weight - more than a hundred kg's more than your Holden. Sturdy is indeed the word, it's very predictable yet still quite fast for what it is. I assume that it has pretty similar torque figures to yours, with the extra weight compensating for the extra power. :)

viperpilot - Once more the Jaguar, two reviews of one car in such a short time is pretty exceptional! I fully understand that it's not your favourite, it's far from a sporty drive. The understeer in long corners stems from the huge wheelbase combined to the weight, the inertia forces beat the front tyres. And wheelspin will result in full throttle accelerations, easing up a bit will cure it. 👍

Guten tag, I just test drove your Nismo GT-R R-Tune, and i am very impressed. Cornering was very presice and understeer was controlled well. My lap at GVS was a bit slower than yours but still close. The gear ratios were tuned perfectly for GVS and its long straight. This car impressed me so much that i prefer it over my own setup. I am looking forward to more of your tuning setups. Great work guys.:)

A Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.6 Evo setup would be great!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back