Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
show me a thing that isn't off the mark in this game. (btw, Z06 is better to drive than Viper in GT5P, but far from being good to drive)

I think PD made the Z06 just a little too taily in GT5:P. It's not quite realistic when it snap oversteers at high speed, normally WOT corners. Same with a number of other RWD cars too, but some don't suffer it much at all.:odd:

A thing that isn't off the mark? The track modelling?

You noticed?

The only "race" vehicles that sound like "proper V8s" are 1960s-era. Why don't the 1960s cars get that, you say? Well, we're tuning them as we can NOW, not then. The 60s race cars on the other hand... Go listen to one!
I'm not sure to who this was specifically aimed (if it was me I'm a bit confused as I fully agree) but absolutely correct, the best and the most powerful V8 sounds are found in the C2 Corvette racer and the GT40. The Mopar muscle cars also do quite well under heavy load at low revs. Modern V8 engines sound very little like those ones with their smoother and cleaner sound, both in the game and in real life.

Much of it is due to the flatplane crankshaft as opposed to the crossplane model, it lacks the stereotypical V8 rumble but can be made lighter with no heavy balancing weights and is used in most racing engines today. Come to think of it, a V8 with a flatplane crankshaft is (very) basically thinking two inline fours working in unison and thus produces quite a similar sound to that combination too. Sure, they can roar too, but I bet there isn't an engine with a displacement of some five litres or more that doesn't when fitted with suitable silencers. The sheer volume of exhaust gases does the trick.

Building on this information it might be possible that the PD people screwed up with just the crankshaft design, fitting the racing exhaust changes the sound from that of a crossplane design to that of a flatplane design. At least that's how it sounds like.

So, well, here comes some reviews i said i would do.

First will be the esprit.
It's the first car i tried when i got a tv back.

It's been quite some time since i last played gt4. So i expected the worse.

Well, what kind of fool i am? I mean, expecting the worse of a mft tune. Yeah, like that could happen.
Anyway, this car might not be the most powerful. Of course not. But still. You get insane sensation. Like you go realllllly fast. But you're not that fast. Well, in fact, for a car that old, you are.
But this car is kind of... Well, a british NSX. I think that's a way to put it. Like this Lotus was the car Honda's engineer based their concept on. Mid engine, kind of powerful car. But more user friendly than the original.

Honda achieved that. Contrary to the Lotus, it doesn't go ballistic when you have to brake hard when you are going really fast. But you don't get the feeling of "Yeah, i'm driving a british (then, it's of course a stylish) car that is kicking everyone ass".

You're looking for a new challenge? Then this car might be it.

Then, the Shelby Cobra. I will compare it to the brilliant car Leonidae set up for me, because i think it's a good comparison between the british and the american cars.

So, the Shelby. Excellent car. Really. I mean, if you try the non tune one first, and then this one, you will be wondering "the hell? Someone must be joking, they can't possibly be the same car". Because you get a wonderful car that is efficient, really efficient, and crazy fast too. Like a race car. A true one. But a friendly one, that can accept all kind of drivers, which is quite surprising. A car that could have been mass produced in fact.

On the other side, we have a heavier, and less powerful AC. Well, if i had to choose, i would go for the AC.

Because driving the AC is like dancing. But please, not with everybody. You are waltzing with the Queen of the United Kingdom. Yes sir, no joking. You have to treat her with all due respect and dignity. You have to be humble when driving it. This car is a concentrated of all UK.
With this lady, you have to listen to her. You let her lead the dance, because she obviously have more experience than you. And of course, you are a mere commoner. So behave. Listen to her beautiful voice (i can't thank you enough leo for not changing the muffler). Be patient. You have to. If you hurry and are late, she will not make it up to you, and you will be screwed. So behave.

And the Shelby is more of a modern girl. "Yeah, whatever, it's fine". There is a lack of manner. Brake late, no problem. If you behave, it's like the lady will ask you "what, you impotent?".

Two different philosophies. Really different.

Like a girl with a unique body, but a mind you can easily find, and a beautiful lady, with her mood.

I don't mean any offense with this comparison.

PS : Thank you so much for this wonderful car Leo. Of course, the other one is amazing too, i didn't think it could do like this ^^

Well.. Actually, I'm going to publish that "Queen of England" as you called her. I just decreased the front camber by .5 degrees, since it felt bit more controllable then. Indeed, this lady will need respect, and tomorrow ( it's 11:42 and our time zone is GMT+2.. or was it 3? :odd: ) I will deliver the setup for everyone to try. After that, we might keep a little ( and well deserved ) vacation from publishing cars (we will complete the customer requests though, so no worries in that department).

We'd appreciate if the reviews would keep flowing, but GT5P seems to have caused a "slight" decrease in that department. We do know that people do come and go through our little tuner garage, maybe snatching a tune or two, and forget to review them in exchange.. :guilty: :irked:

Please, dear customers.. Reviews mean better tunes for you in future. And no "Yeah the car was good and I want full powered speed 12 on n1's kthxbai" reviews. Try to be creative even if English grammar/language isn't your strong point. We've put our sweat, experience and patience in these cars. And we will also continue that when GT5 comes out, if we manage to keep others interest towards GT4 and our tunes up.. That's when certain old competitors that currently are cementing their foothold in GT5P need to start worrying.. why? remember what happened in The Winter War. :mischievous:

68ajoi.jpg

MFT Shelby Cobra-Review

I will get this started. The Shelby Cobra, in stock form, is a car that makes small children cry, a car that makes teenage boys weak at the knees, a car that makes environmentalists violent and is the leading cause of heart problems with the elderly*.

Quite frankly, the MFT tuned Cobra is even better. This car is quite possibly what caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is the car that made T Rex run for its mummy.

I'm not joking.

This is a car that needs to be treated with respect. It is fantastically fast, handles surprisingly well and stops on a pin, but if you mistreat it, you will die. Lose concentration for a second, you will die. Scratch your nose, you will die.

During my testing at Laguna Seca, what seemed to be the spiritual home of the Cobra, I was surprised at how well the whole car was set up. For a car with such ground breaking torque and horespower, the car actually gripped and steered. The gearing was perfectly suited to the track, with the RPM easily being able to stay in the power band of the huge cam.

As long as the RPM stayed above about 2000, the big Shelby pulled harder than a 14 year old schoolboy. All the way until redline, the power just seemed endless. The speed was phenomenal.

However, the car retains the typical Cobra trait of lift off oversteer, a problem that unless corrected quickly, can, and did, lead to many sandtrap excursions, steaming brakes and many pairs of pants changed.

But if all this is kept under harness, the Cobra is an awesome car. I'd hit it.

*Facts may be slightly exaggerated.

We'd appreciate if the reviews would keep flowing, but GT5P seems to have caused a "slight" decrease in that department. We do know that people do come and go through our little tuner garage, maybe snatching a tune or two, and forget to review them in exchange.. :guilty: :irked:

Please, dear customers.. Reviews mean better tunes for you in future. And no "Yeah the car was good and I want full powered speed 12 on n1's kthxbai" reviews. Try to be creative even if English grammar/language isn't your strong point. We've put our sweat, experience and patience in these cars. And we will also continue that when GT5 comes out, if we manage to keep others interest towards GT4 and our tunes up.. That's when certain old competitors that currently are cementing their foothold in GT5P need to start worrying.. why? remember what happened in The Winter War. :mischievous:

68ajoi.jpg

Don't get too excited, GT5:P has dropped in garage popularity too. Not that they don't use my tunes, I know very well that they do, but not many people aren't up for reviews any more, which turns guys like you and I into a dying breed........ sort of.:sly:

PS- I'm not worrying.:sly: Remember the ANZACs? Err, I don't have stats on them. But remember them?

According to wikipedia, 10700 Anzac soldiers died in Gallipoli/Istanbul in WWI.. but they were outnumbered attackers, Our guys were defending against invasion with slightly outdated equipment ( cannons from 1800's for example ) whereas Soviets had modern equipment, manpower and supplies to back them up. They just didn't expect that our troops would jump on skis and attack from the snowy forests in their white camo uniforms.. Which created the legend of Belaja Smert(sp), "White Death".

Then again, cocky soviets thought that they could reach border of Sweden in two weeks or so.. they even had the parade orchestras with them, and instructions to behave correctly when arriving to the border.. :lol:

According to wikipedia, 10700 Anzac soldiers died in Gallipoli/Istanbul in WWI.. but they were outnumbered attackers, Our guys were defending against invasion with slightly outdated equipment ( cannons from 1800's for example ) whereas Soviets had modern equipment, manpower and supplies to back them up. They just didn't expect that our troops would jump on skis and attack from the snowy forests in their white camo uniforms.. Which created the legend of Belaja Smert(sp), "White Death".

Then again, cocky soviets thought that they could reach border of Sweden in two weeks or so.. they even had the parade orchestras with them, and instructions to behave correctly when arriving to the border.. :lol:

And keep in mind also that the ANZACS attacked from a beach, while the Turks attacked from their comfortable cliffs. They spent months on that beach, it wasn't pretty. (War never is :()

Nah, it's a "whatever keeps the discussion going" thread. :P

The next one isn't THAT mad but continues the line I began with the small flags on the Shelby, and takes the concept a bit further. You probably know what "a bit" means in our case...

Ace Cobra

576 bhp, 759 Nm, 1114 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 1
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 11.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 103 / 93
Bound: 8 / 2
Rebound: 10 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.2
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.100
2nd: 2.053
3rd: 1.475
4th: 1.140
5th: 0.930
Final Gear: 3.540

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 25
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Once upon a time, there was a modest little British roadster called AC Ace. Fitted with tiny engine from factory, the performance was rather modest, yet suitable for British B-roads. But Automotive Deities had plans for this car.

Enter Carroll Shelby and Ford 427 big block V8. This insane American shoehorned this behemoth of an engine into the tiny engine bay, upgraded the chassis etc, and called it a day, calling his creation Shelby Cobra.

"Blimey!" thought the Brits, and vanished into their shed in the backyard. They used the same recipe, but instead of just making the chassis stiffer, they also upgraded drivetrain, suspension and still managed to keep it thoroughly British. In other words, it does handle the corners gracefully, where as Shelby's monster was rather unsettled and nervous around them. It also has slight bump in power to negate the slightly heavier structure. When all this is added up, we have a car that glides in a playful manner around bends, devours straights and sounds like an earthquake. What is it called? it's Ace Cobra, and only the truly skilled can get the most out of it.

:eek:

1:42.424!? I must give that Shelby a run sometime!

The Ace Cobra looks sweet as well.

By the way, that's a beautiful Demotivator, Leonidae. I love it.

DuoMaxwell - Regarding the old reviews. Thanks for those! The Esprit is a tough one to make pleasant for everyone, killing the oversteer means killing the spirit of the car and in most corners the speed too. It's still that old creature of the eighties, just made to be as good as it can be without a total transformation. And the Cobra, well, it changed from Mr Hyde to Dr Jekyll... providing you're within its limits. Go over them and Mr Hyde comes back with an axe in hand and you're very dead. And lacking some vital parts.

spauldj3800 - Also regarding the old review. Thanks indeed! I'd say the fourth paragraph pretty much nailed it, it's a true "white knuckles" car and all hell breaks loose - as does the tail - if you don't give it one hundred percent all the time. It's probably quite close to the real racing Cobras in the handling area, I doubt they were free of the lift off problems either. But they were fast and so is this one, and after all it's a lot more interesting to drive when you can't rely on the car to do your job. :D

EA11R - To be honest, it can go even faster. I clocked 1'42,221 when a supercharger was fitted and could still better my sector times but it was so hard to keep in check for an entire perfect lap that I went back to the NA tuning, and even it can be faster still but the same problem arose. Someone more skilled than me will break into 1'41, no doubt.

About the cars, yes, our one man graphics department has been working long days to produce the unique looks. The tool used is Corel Paint Shop Pro X, and apparently the job is done well enough. :D

*pours some liquid Schwarz(tm) into the thread.* That should keep this up and running for a while.

So, here is a little review of three of your big muscle cars:
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71,
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 and
Swiss Masterpiece '70.

Before I start, I have to apologise for the length of this report/review/comparison. Hopefully you find some interesting information from this...

My first quick test was with Cuda, and after a few laps on GVS it was clear that the car needs some special treatment with the gearbox. The insane amount of torque peaks roughly between 3000rpm and 5500rpm. To get the best out of the cars performance, one needs to change gears way before the "red zone". It can sound weird, but even though I couldn't make a clean lap on my first three-five laps, I was really positively surprised by the way this monster behaves on a race track. On my first test day with this car, I couldn't get a time below 1'47 on GVS.

At this point, I also ran some racing tests which gave confidence in what this thing was capable of... :sly: Now I had already set my eyes on a couple of similarly intimidating lumps of metall in the MFT-hangar.

After the positive experience with the Cuda, I decided to get the Charger from the New York 200 miles. After a very hard 200 A-spec point race I was delighted to see my new charger on the screen. Now I had the car AND the money to tune it. The setup looked quite familiar from the Cuda, so I thought it would be nearly identical to drive... yeah... it wasn't. The ride is kind of sharper and even more racy than with Cuda, and the torque hides behind much higher revs. The main difference between these two cars is that the Charger is alot more forgiving while entering, going trough and out of the corners. My skills were good for just under 1'50 on GVS.

The last one of the three monsters is an evil piece of a ship wreck made by Leonidae. I had the base for the Swiss Masterpiece in my garage already, so I went straight to business. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was supposed to tune the suspension! What the... I had a number of Greycap's creations in my garage, so I expected a similar pattern on the approach... "oh well", I thought, "this will be an interesting comparison". The first impression on the track is: "oh my... it's kind of... friendly?". Everything felt pretty decent: Power, Gearbox, even the suspension... It felt remotely similar to the Charger, but I had to find out more details of the differences between all the three cars. Before heading to my race test, I clocked an easy 1'48 on GVS...

What would be a perfect racing test for these american legends? The All American Championship, of course. It will give a quick overview of the cars' behaviour on different tracks. The early tests with Cuda were very encouraging, but there was on little issue: The tyre wear. :nervous: In a fear of being kidnapped at night from my bed, I didn't even dare to change to harder tyres, so all the cars used R3:s in every race.

Because the Cuda was tricky to drive in some conditions, I decided to start with the Charger. There were some pretty scary cars in the lineup(Team Oreca etc.), so I thought it would be best not to underestimate my opponents, and qualify.

Race 1: Seattle. Qualifying, an utterly easy pole position. Now I just had to bring the car home in the lead. If only the tyres would last... They didn't. On laps 4/5 and 5/5 the tyres were all gone/"red"... With insane caution I managed to bring it to the finish line 3rd, about 13.5 seconds behind the Esperante GTR-1.

Race 2: Infineon. Pole. The tyres workes a bit differently, so I was able to fight for the victory to the end with Esperante. A small mistake on the last lap sealed my destiny to become second. The winning margin of the Esperante was in the end only 4.2 seconds.

Race 3: New York. Another easy pole position. It sure seems that if tyres last at all, I'll be fighting for my first victory with this car. The two laps consisted of just overtaking and being overtaken by the Esperante, which is sure quick on the straights... The track seems to be gentle on the tyres, so I manage to pull a gap to the Esperante. In the beginning of lap 4 I already dream of the victory and the 103 A-spec points for the race. In the last circular corner something went wrong... i spun! The tyres were perfectly okay! This didn't drop me last, but it sure was the most bitter 2nd place in a long time.

Race 4: El Capitan. :dunce: Guess what? Pole position. At this point it didn't really make me feel better, because I knew that the tyres would fail me on this track. The weight of the car is too much, and the lap 4 is 20 seconds slower than lap 3, resulting in 4th place. ”This track is going to be a nightmare for the Swiss Boat”, I thought...

Race 5: Laguna Seca. Pole. The 5 laps is too much for the tyres and I have to settle with 5th place.

In overall Championship standings I finnished 3rd, with 21 points, just 2(!) points after Team Oreca but 29 points after Esperante.

As I climbed into the Swiss Masterpiece, I started to think about how a car this heavy can handle those races, in which even the less powerful Charger was demolishing the tyres? The answer was even too obvious but insane at te same time... 💡 Pitstop? In a 4-5 lap race? :dunce: Allright... With this car I chose not to qualify, because compared to my pitstop plan, it wouldn't make a big difference. 80 A-spec points for a race if I win...

Race 1: The first two laps prove me right. On the first straight I overtake two cars, in the first corner two more. This sure feels a bit quicker than the Charger I tested earlier... A pitstop on lap 3 drops me 5th, which is my final position. A ford GT40 gets owned by a musclecar that has to pit every other lap... hehe.

Race 2: Experimental pole position, with a 8.3 second gap! :scared: Pit in on lap 2. Screw up in the last lap ---> 6th... The car felt very good on this track. With harder tyres it would certainly be a race winner. It amazes me how this car can shred tyres apart one lap bedore Charger(which is heavier!)...

Race 3: Decided to try without a pitstop. First 3 laps fighting with Esperante. 4th lap, the tyre problem strikes! Forced from the lead to 2nd place... Like with the Charger, New York seems to be gentle on the tyres.

Race 4: Doomed from the start. A 4 lap race with a pitstop... This car feels miraculous in some corners of El Capitan, but the strategy is good for only 6th place .

Race 5: A daring plan: no pitstop. Somehow I manage to save the tyres with cautious driving and finish 2nd! It appears that it actually IS possible to finish a 5 lap race in this car with these tyres.

Final points from the championship: 16. 4th place. Not bad! I only had about 5-6 laps of testing with this car before the championship.

Okay... The last one. 440-6. I remembered it eing very fast, so I decided not to qualify, and drive a bit more carefully than the other two.

Race 1: WIN!
Race 2: WIN!
Race 3: WIN!
Race 4: WIN!
Race 5: WIN!

The only thing that I remember noticing while the first race was on: ”This Cuda... doesn't... like... these... JUMPS!” Braking just before jump is... umm... not recommended? Strangely, the Charger was very stable under braking, even before and after jumping in Seattle. Other than that, well... The Cuda owned the All American Championship! The tyre life was JUST enough to bring the car home in first place.

So... Enclosure? Well. Allright. I'll put you out of your misery.

Charger: A surprisingly ”sporty”, almost nimble feeling. The sharp steering makes it feel like a race car. Sufficient power, that enables (with proper tyres) victories in All Amercan Championship. As a sunday ride, with no racing in mind, this is a very good piece of american muscle. 8.5/10

Swiss Masterpiece: Feels almost like cheating to drive around in a car this nimble, but which has these spacial dimensions... A bit quicker than the Charger, and with proper tyres, this would have without doubt pulled off the same result as the Cuda. This one feels te most like something I would tune for myself, so it feels kind of nice and safe. It was the only one of these three that I could keep on the road on my first test lap on GVS. A pleasant and fast package, and the suspension made sens after all: this one didn't take so much air from the bumps. 9/10

Cuda: The most torque and the least weight of the three... result? One insanely fast muscle car! The feel is very different from the other two: Some kind of gliding feeling trough the corners, as if the engine was behind the seat instead of the front. This kind of slippery feel makes it also more daengerous... the torque may come as a surprise at first, but after a few test sessions this car reveals some of its potential... and a LOT more is yet to be discovered, but not by me... they'll need someone much braver for that task... With harder tyres, this one would give podium finishes in the real circuit tours, something that is hard to achieve even in a JGTC-car. 9.5/10

"oh my... it's kind of... friendly?"

Swiss Masterpiece: Feels almost like cheating to drive around in a car this nimble, but which has these spacial dimensions... A bit quicker than the Charger, and with proper tyres, this would have without doubt pulled off the same result as the Cuda. This one feels te most like something I would tune for myself, so it feels kind of nice and safe. It was the only one of these three that I could keep on the road on my first test lap on GVS. A pleasant and fast package, and the suspension made sens after all: this one didn't take so much air from the bumps. 9/10

You just described my tuning style in a nutshell.. :lol: feel free to request and I'll deliver.. and thanks for the amazing and biggest review for a long time!👍

I don't bother to quote anything, would need far too many quotes for that. But big thanks indeed! 👍

My tuning style seems to be nailed too, sacrificing some of the friendliness for absolute speed as seen on the 'Cuda. It takes some superb mental balance to get the most out if it, if you hesitate even the slightest bit your time will show it. If you don't, you'll crush a lot of higher class cars as seen here. :D

The Charger on the other hand could probably be made even better still, or at least driven faster. It has the weight as its enemy, killing everything from acceleration to the tyres. Then again it has the best muscle car (non-Shelby) engine available which fortunately helps somewhat.

As a whole the review is the largest we've seen, especially when the work behind it is considered. The bluebirds were telling me something of a "big review" but they didn't get it quite right as the result was more along the lines of a "huge review". A comparison gives a lot of interesting information about the strong and weak points of each car, much more than when the car is just driven alone. Something about the capabilities of these piles of iron ore tells the model range they took on, and won. So much for muscle cars being hopeless on track!

But once more, thanks for the review. Should there be a need for anything you might like, give me a shout and I'll respond.

Well.. we've spent our little break well, and came up with new ideas.. Keep an eye on this thread, because something useful and challenging will be coming to your way shortly.

Speaking of that "useful and challenging", it's time to release the first car of ours that was aimed to be used in certain races. Its counterpart will see the light of day a bit later and be built with the same principles. Two cars with modest power figures featuring no frills handling and optimized for hard sports tyres. You've guessed it, these ones are road going endurance racers built with easy and predictable handling characteristics in mind. If you have to complete one (or more) of the following...
  • Laguna Seca 200 miles
  • Nürburgring 4 hours
  • Motegi 8 hours
  • Tsukuba 9 hours
  • El Capitan 200 miles
  • New York Streets 200 miles
...but have no car to do it in, your problem is mostly gone. Both cars have been tested by both of us to be capable of bagging those races on S1 tyres (R1 for Laguna Seca) without overwhelming difficulties. New York might get a bit challenging if you screw up in the twisties as the power may not be able to pull you out of trouble when exiting the corners. Then again, the handling characteristics probably won't allow you to make any really spectacular mistakes.

Rolling out the first one.

Toyota Supra TRD300'97

303 bhp, 370 Nm, 1232 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 1
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S1 / S2 / S3 / R1 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 11.0 / 10.0
Ride Height: 110 / 110
Bound: 10 / 4
Rebound: 10 / 6
Camber: 2.3 / 1.2
Toe: -3 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.647
2nd: 1.805
3rd: 1.390
4th: 1.130
5th: 0.945
6th: 0.813
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 25
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Inspired by multiple endurance racing series in Europe that allow reasonably modified roadcars to participate, Toyota took one of their most iconic sportscar and turned it into a weekend racer.
Base for this car is a low-mile, freely breathing 4th generation Supra from '97, that is lighter than its force fed brother and less likely to devastate its tires when coming off the line. In order to reach their goals, Toyota gave the task to TRD, which in turn contacted a powerhouse called Tom's, a well known Toyota tuner. Since some of the European countries don't allow modifying the chassis of the car, the car was kept quite mild on the outside. The only indication of improved performance would be big brakes from TRD and larger lightweight rims, and a lowered suspension.
Since this car was supposed to be driven to the race and back, a regular H-pattern gearbox with custom gears was installed, accompanied by a lightweight flywheel and triple-plate clutch. An electronic brake controller was installed on the race-inspired dash, that adorned the otherwise rather spartan, rollcaged interior.
The engine wasn't forgotten either. With a bunch of well-considered modifications, the output was brought up to 303bhp and 370nm of torque, and it's more willing to rev and push the car forwards than the regular unit. For different events, Toyota delivers three sets of road-legal tires and one set of DOT-approved long-lasting slicks.

That Supra looks great, I'll have to see if I can get some time to test it this weekend

Just so I know, what model Supra is this ?

I got some Supra's laying around, I'll try it out when I have some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back