Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
review of the BMW M5 CSL:
a really nice car, better than stock but also with some issues: acceleration is great, but you have to survive the wheelspin in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear to enjoy it. there is also (for me personally) a lot of understeer while entering corners. otherwise the handling is great, you can drift the M5 easily and the drift-control-ability makes this car a really enjoying ride.

review of the BMW 120i M-Sport:
a nice little pocket-rocket with a great handling, also very driftable like the M5, but with a bit less understeer. the brakes work fine and won't let you down. but i think the gearing is a bit too long, and the acceleration suffers from that, so it's not that fast out of corners. but for a hatchback a really nice car!

viper

thanks for the reviews! you know the drill..

And today is a great day.. sun shines even here, it's bit cool weather, I'm armed withpan of coffee.. so those who have been waiting for setups, today is the day when I'll deliver!:sly:

Are we allowed to know what's coming up? Or are you waiting for requests?

Because I'd reaaally like a setup for the GT-R Concept LM Race Car, winnable at the dream car champ in the extreme hall.

I've been PM'ing requested setups today. I have to ask from Greycap whether we should start making racecars from request.. this far our policy has been no race/drift requests, as you can see on the first page..

It just doesn't get much attention, that's all.

And judging from previous experiences, it would become more then epic.

By the way, it doesn't cost anything. It's actually profitable.

By the way, it doesn't cost anything. It's actually profitable.
Very true, in the case of that car. The nightmare scenario (which with my luck is the one that will happen) is that shortly after it's been delivered we'll get a handful of people here of which one wants the BMW LMR, one wants the Pescarolo '03, one wants the Pescarolo '04, one wants the Toyota GT-One and one wants the Nissan R390 racer. And they'll all say "that one guy got a race car, so I have the right to get one too". The credits in this game come easily but not that easily.

I guess.

You could always make an insane DTM racer that wins everything in three races.

You could also provide a catalogue of the cars you have in your garage.

Another option-only prize race cars can be requested.

Review of the MFT Z-486 SC'03

To start off, I have to say this is one of the best cars I have driven in a long time. I dont think I've ever beaten a +10 race, until I tried with this car. The combination of speed and handling it gives allowed me to win the race by a landslide. I could have easily won races against better cars. For the amount of power it has, the suspension doesn't have problems holding the car to the track. It cornered nice and fluid. my only complaint was the tire wear. Now, dont get me wrong, I get this problem with most cars, because I tend to drive like a mad man, and miss a lot of apexes, and try to make up for it mid turn, thus killing the tires. The acceleration was nice, and the grip superb. Even with my mad0man driving, I didn't veer off the track. I have no other complaints of this car. I don't care what Clarkson things, the car belongs in Sub-Zero.

Last edited:
Very true, in the case of that car. The nightmare scenario (which with my luck is the one that will happen) is that shortly after it's been delivered we'll get a handful of people here of which one wants the BMW LMR, one wants the Pescarolo '03, one wants the Pescarolo '04, one wants the Toyota GT-One and one wants the Nissan R390 racer. And they'll all say "that one guy got a race car, so I have the right to get one too". The credits in this game come easily but not that easily.

Another way to please everyone-slowly buy every LM racer, and post a setup for each. Then you won't get any requests.

Lotus MotorSport Elise 260RS '99

I expected quite a lot from this car, but maybe I expected too much. This car is fast on straights, but when you come to a high speed corner with this machine you wanna have your seatbelt on. The rear just wants to go sideways, atleast if you hit the breaks. I had huge problems to keep it under control in high speed corners, the rear always wanted to go on it's own path, so maybe this car is too much for me :)
And also for my taste, the steering input was a bit too sensitive which made it a hard to drive.
In low and medium speed corners the car worked quite well. There was no unwanted wheelspin on corner exits, so you can just slam the pedal to the metal.

I completely agree with that-it's almost like the wing has no effect whatsoever.

Actually it does have effect. I turned the rear downforce to 30, and it helped to decrease the oversteer on high speeds, but it also made the car understeer more on lower speeds, and so messing up the original setup.

It's more that wings have more effect at high speeds, and therefore the car feels like it;s acting without a wing.

Wolfsburg Coupe QC Turbo'49

And another small review.
First of all I like this little car very much. It's is easy to drive and to keep in control. Ofcourse it is a bit under powered having only some 80hp, but it is enough to beat a Celica on snow. (Well, Celica is a few kilos heavier :) ) Yes, I wanted to try this car on snow on and put snow tires under it. The same "easy to drive" experience happened as it happens on tarmac. Very easy to control for a RR. I would be nice to see how car would behave if it be possible to take some more power out of to the boxer engine.

Review of the MFT Z-486 SC'03

To start off, I have to say this is one of the best cars I have driven in a long time. I dont think I've ever beaten a +10 race, until I tried with this car. The combination of speed and handling it gives allowed me to win the race by a landslide. I could have easily won races against better cars. For the amount of power it has, the suspension doesn't have problems holding the car to the track. It cornered nice and fluid. my only complaint was the tire wear. Now, dont get me wrong, I get this problem with most cars, because I tend to drive like a mad man, and miss a lot of apexes, and try to make up for it mid turn, thus killing the tires. The acceleration was nice, and the grip superb. Even with my mad-man driving, I didn't veer off the track. I have no other complaints of this car. I don't care what Clarkson things, the car belongs in Sub-Zero.

I totally agree. I really suck in the corners, but in this car, it really doesn't matter. The tyre wear wasn't really a problem for me though. Really is one of the best cars to tune, and this one is probably the best tune on the net.

Thanks for the reviews! you know what to do. I'm working hard to get these requests done, some of them are.. er.. late. :scared: and no, it's not because I got PS3 and GT5P, not at all :embarrassed:

Sauriini - Thanks for taking the old red pocket rocket for a spin! It's indeed one of the most tail happy cars I've made but it can be used as a weapon... overcook it into a corner and you can just slide the speed away. In skilled hands it can take faster corners without braking, using the lateral grip as a brake instead. Not the fastest way by any means but very fun and flashy looking!

About our recent silence, one of the reasons is explained above and another one is a sudden lack of motivation. Having said that, one car just came back from the test track and after a couple of minor tweaks it might well be one of our best releases ever when fun factor is considered. It's coming.

review of the Audi TT-S '03:
first of all, the tuned car is a LOT better than the stock version. the acceleration is sooo much faster, thanks to:
~ more power
~ less weight
~ closer gear-ratios
the steering is very sharp and the brakes are unbelieveable. during my first laps i was often braking way to early, because i never thought that the car would stop so fast. i noticed some light understeer, but otherwise it's a perfect handling car. i really like it and it reminds me a bit of the Z-486 SC, but during my tests, the Z was about 5-10 seconds faster...

viper

Hello again Greycap and Leonidae I was feeling like test driving some cars. So I have two reviews for you.

Toyota WedsSport Celica GT300 '03 -

Trans and brakes:
I found the Brakes and gearing to be very good on the WedsSport.

Suspension:
The Celica is very good at all points of the turn and is nuetral mostly. But I would like the car to have a little more front end grip. As it feels like the front tires are scrubbing to much cause you to use more steering input though the turns than you should.

This is a very easy car to drive with not bad habits and I like it. It would be a super car for doing a endurance race. My best lap time a Grand valley was a 1'47.430.

R.E Amemiya RX-7 GT300 '04 -

Brakes:
I found the brakes on the RX-7 to be very good with a little rear bias that is very controllable. If you like to trial braking in to the turns you will need to remember the rear bias as it can put the rear end out if you over do it.

Trans:
The gearing on the R.E. is just Ok. But it seems not to pull through the turn as will as it should. I tried lowering the Auto setting and readjust the gearing to move the RPM's up through the turns and it worked out great(changes below). My best lap time at Grand Valley with listed gearing was a 1'48.124. After the change the lap time dropped to a 1'47.548.

1st: 3.429
2nd: 2.500
3rd: 2.015
4th: 1.657
5th: 1.380
6th: 1.162
Final Gear: 3.608
Autoset = 7

Suspension:
The Amemiya is excellent at all points of the turn and has a small amont of oversteer. This oversteer allows to adjust the car anywhere in the turn with the steering without having back out the throttle.

This suspension set-up on the R.E. Amemiya RX-7 are great even with the listed gearing. I like driving this car alot and if you tighten up the gearing it even better. Thanks MFT.👍

Nice to see that you still drop by, Stidriver! I will try out these adjustments you suggested and apply them on the actual posted setup if the change in the time with my poor driving is big enough.👍 you know the drill.

I did a review on the GT300 cars. So I have to give the GT500 a try out.

Tom's Woodone Supra GT500 '03 -

Braking:
The Supra is very good under braking with control.

Trans & Diff:
The setting for both are very good for the power and chassis set-up.

Suspension:
The Woodone is very good is at all points of the turn with a slite understeer. This understeer is not a problem as long as your not later at the turn in point. If you are later backing out of the throttle a little is all that is need to bring the car back on line slowing you down just a little. I also find that when the front brakes away. It's does so very slow and smoothly making recovery for the understeer easy.

This is a very good set-up for Tom's Woodone that is easy to drive fast. It's a keeper as is in my view, but put in a little more front end grip and it would super. My lap time at GVS was a 1'37.924.

Nissan Motul Pitwork Z GT500 -

Braking:
This Nissan has very good braking all around and you can move the car around under them.

Suspension & diff:
The Pitwork Z is excellent at all points of the turn and is mostly neutral. But It can oversteer at the exit of the turn if you over drive the car. The Z will spin the rear tires at Grand Valley in two places if your on the throttle to hard. The 180 after the uphill (turn 6) and the chicane (turns 14 & 15). I tried changing the diff setting for the initial to 5 and Acceleration to 20. This lower the amount for wheel spin I was getting in the two porblem areas making my lap times more consistent. But change did not make for faster overall lap time.

Trans:
The gearing and final drive are good. They look odd at first but they do work. The only caveat is you can't short shift from third to fourth because it will killing your acceleration by put you out for the powerband.

I like this set-up for the Pitwork Z. The car will reward you with fast lap times if your driving is "on". My best lap time was a 1'38.086 at GVS.

review of the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII SE:
THIS car rocks! it's such a great performer, with a superb handling, great acceleration, nice driftability and the brakes are spot on!
it's so nice: you can drift till the curb and then you just plant your foot on the gas and the car stabilizes from the drift and rockets out of the corner - amazing. and that all without downforce, that's even more unbelieveable!
a really really great car!

viper

Hello Leonidae and Greycap, I know about this thread now for almost one year, but have registered by now (Leo knows the details about this..) and want to review the IMPREZA VI Coupe R '99 "Frost"

First of all thanks for adding more power to the car 👍 . It accelerates fast and the brakes are very good. There's no wheelspin in first gear, too. The car handles good and you are able to brake late, because of the endless grip. First I was braking way to early, but after some laps at GVS I learned to handle the car :P . I noticed understeer, but it didn't matter, because it was minimal. The gearing is for my taste nice, too.

Total laps on GVS: 36
Best lap: 1'47.756 (Lap 21)
Total laps on Autumn Ring: 11
Best lap: 1'13.978 (Lap 7)

All in all: A great car in which you can make cars with more power look slow :mischievous:
10/10

Best wishes. S-Line Audi Fan

P.S. Expect more reviews :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there again!
I'm going to review a further car and now it isn't only a car.. It's something special.. The Nissan R390 870GT '98.

I bought a blue Nissan R390 Road Car and wanted something special to do to this car. I decided to travel to MFT, Finland :dopey: .
I met Leonidae and Greycap and I explained them, how I want my car to be tuned. They understood and went to work on this project immediately. They tuned engine, suspension, brakes, gearbox and every other part of the car. Actually they put original black NISMO-rims on it 👍 .
After one week they called me and said "Your car is ready. You can come to take it for a ride". I arrived at their big, luxury tuning garage :eek: . They showed me my car and I couldn't believe my eyes.. "They made a Race Car out of a Road Car", I thought :scared: . They showed me all the new components they've installed to the car. I invited them to come with me to Grand Valley Speedway..
The next morning, I got into my car and put the seatbelt on. "I'll need this", I thought. I was nervous.. "What can I expect? What's going to happen?", I asked myself :confused: .
I put my foot on the gas pedal and.. Immediately the car pushed me into the seat and was accelerating so enormous fast out of the pit lane.. :drool:
I drove up to the first corner and then.. What a surprise: The brakes are so good, wow, impressive.. I went on through the other corners.. The first laptime was 1'33.356. It was fast, but.. I wanted more, I went on with driving this fast car.. I knew a faster time is possible.. I floored it so much I thought I won't survive this drive, but: nothing happened, the car is controllable. You have such a great feeling when driving this car.
Fast acceleration, very good brakes, no under- or oversteer, good balance, everything perfect. This car fits to my driving style very well :mischievous: .

Total laps on GVS: 47
Best lap: 1'32.936 (Lap 37)

10/10

Thank you Grey, thank you for making such a great car and a great feeling in a car possible. Big thanks to Leo for the help, too :) 👍

I wish you only the best. Go on like this, excellent work there ;)

S-Line Audi Fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back