Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! You lot really don't know how to take a joke. Jesus, i have never heard such miserable and serious people. Bunch of sad 45 year olds.:lol:. And whats the name of the person whos working on shift? He will know my friend.

Last edited:
Wow!! You lot really don't know how to take a joke. Jesus, i have never heard such miserable and serious people. Bunch of sad 45 year olds.:lol:. And whats the name of the person whos working on shift? He will know my friend.
Don't care about your "friend". You said you worked for EA. Prove that.

Point 1 of the AUP

AUP
You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Continue to post lies. Get banned. Simple.

HaHa. I dont see anyone arguing.
Please don't double post. We really do have an edit button.

EDIT: Tell you what. Why don't you email me from your company EA email address? The guy working on Shift who posted here did...

EDIT: Tell you what. Why don't you email me from your company EA email address? The guy working on Shift who posted here did...
Whats his nickname?
Would like to know if i saw him posting here.

total off topic but :
There is some people here not from US, UK or AUS.
Some of us are French (me), Spanish, ...
So you can blame people for grammatical errors but not too much.
Ok ? :sly:

ah super un français! :dopey:

i hope kazu had finally the Porsche licence, it is really what misses...

Really? I didn't know EA was so relaxed on the Spelling, Capitalization and Puncuation of its members.

There's always the chance that people will punctuate badly on purpose. The only difference is that this is a forum, though, and it's strictly forbidden to write that way.

It's funny how the post he made where he said he was 7 and had never played GT is more believable than this one... :dunce:

He also claimed that he didn't know about GT. Why would he be called GT5_Veyron, then? :confused: Lies after lies.

Last edited:
I looked around a bit and couldn't find anything, though I'm sure this has been discussed.. maybe somewhere deep within this theread..

Now that VW/Porsche have straightened things out (and VW owns Porsche), VW has immediately commenced in correcting what they feel are Porsche brand mistakes - things like the Cheyenne and Panamera.

Perhaps they will correct Porsches uber mistake of virtually barring their product from the single most important car-related game on earth? Wrangle a contract or two?

Wow!! You lot really don't know how to take a joke. Jesus, i have never heard such miserable and serious people.

And you decide to cover up your lies by calling it "A joke". Clearly, you haven't read the AUP. Must be pretty sad yourself to make such claims and then cover them up with that excuse.

GT5_Veyron
Bunch of sad 45 year olds.:lol:

sumbrownkidProfile.jpg

RACECARProfile.jpg

Mclaren.jpg

DaveAProfile.jpg

daanProfile.jpg

Exactly who's 45 now?

Last edited:
I thought this was the Porsche thread. Anyways if Porsche is not in the game, hopefully we willget them in a download.

^^ Was about to say that. Little off-topic is okay, but when you start to get personal it just becomes annoying.
I looked around a bit and couldn't find anything, though I'm sure this has been discussed.. maybe somewhere deep within this theread..

Now that VW/Porsche have straightened things out (and VW owns Porsche), VW has immediately commenced in correcting what they feel are Porsche brand mistakes - things like the Cheyenne and Panamera.

Perhaps they will correct Porsches uber mistake of virtually barring their product from the single most important car-related game on earth? Wrangle a contract or two?

Who knows, but I'll whip you with a stick if you manage to get my hopes too high and cause a big disappointment ;P

I hope that VW gets rid of the Cayenne and Panamera models. It doesn't do Porsche history of sports cars any good.

I hope that VW gets rid of the Cayenne and Panamera models. It doesn't do Porsche history of sports cars any good.
As much as people think that, the truth is that those 2 cars are cash-cows. Cayenne sales have risen for the 2009 model year, while 911's actually dropped.
In March, the 250,000th Cayenne was sold. This meant that Porsche sold somewhere around 35,700 Cayenne's a year since it's introduction.

And as of August 2009, 2,699 Boxster/Caymans, 4,641 911s, & 5,389 Cayennes have been sold for this year so far in the U.S.

Today's economy no longer cares about history. It's about covering an entire market, & that's exactly Porsche is setting to do with the sports car market.

that will never happen.. Cayane is Porsche's most profitable car

I think VW is thinking about ending the Cayenne because something about not wanting in-house brands competing with each other in the same segment.

That and improving Porsche's overall fuel consumption of the entire range.

Edit: I looked up Wikipedia and read that VW will end the Cayenne model in 2016. Take in mind that this is Wikipedia I'm talking about here (Though more often then not it came out more honest then false for me). I'll try to look for other sources.

Edit: better source: http://www.autoobserver.com/2009/08/porsches-off-message-models-axed-in-vw-takeover.html

I think Porsche should go back to designing sports cars & supercars, though making 4x4s was a good idea at the time.

Porsche should shift the manufacture of the 911 to Mexico, too. Drive up profits.
(sarcasm)

(No offence to my hombres in Mexico)

So you probably know that I wrote an e-mail to Porsche some time ago, asking why they don't appear in Gran Turismo 5. Much to my surprise, I actually received an answer today:

Porsche contact
Dear Mr. XXX

thank you for your e-mail from 19th of August and your encouragement about our commitment in the area of computer gaming, which we are happy to answer. Please excuse our belated response.

In general we concede with you [editorial note: as in me saying that Porsche can't afford to not be in Gran Turismo anymore]. But for about 10 years by now, there has been an exclusive cooperation in the area of entertainment software between Porsche and Electronic Arts. The, the prelude was the Porsche-only version of 'Need for Speed'. This cooperation still exists, and in the meantime, there has been a multitude of further mutual projects.

As for all of our cooperation partners, we are interested in a durable and good partnership. That involves meeting decisions which, from the outside, might not reveal themselves instantly, such as the decision to not be featured in 'Gran Turismo'.

We hope to have helped you with these short background informations and remain

with best regards
XXX XXX

Porsche contact

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back