Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Guys, talkign about F1 in GT gives me a thought. You know how Sony Liverpool made the F1: Championship Edition game right? Doesn't Sony have the license still? But the Liverpool team is going to work on something else, I have read. Maybe PD is going to take that license and plop it into GT?

Guys, talkign about F1 in GT gives me a thought. You know how Sony Liverpool made the F1: Championship Edition game right? Doesn't Sony have the license still? But the Liverpool team is going to work on something else, I have read. Maybe PD is going to take that license and plop it into GT?
Hmmm, interesting to think about, but I'm sure if that could be done. For Sony Liverpool to do that, I would think they have to get a blessing from SCEE, at least that my take on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gran-Turismo-5-...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For those of us who haven't ordered GT5P yet...found a deal. $39 for the HK version.

I personally didn't order from Play-asia since they charge $5 more and shipping was same (or difference of $2 more on eBay), and the fact that they say Jan 2008. Playstation HK site says Dec/07. And the fact that I do read Chinese renders the Japanese version to not be an option for me.

I know it's kind of a stupid question, but ... is Prologue going to have LAN racing? I know it was supposed to have, but reading the official stats that surfaced the other day, I don't see any LAN racing modes mentioned in there!? :scared:

one thing i find odd is that in the london race the race car (integra) is screaming it's tires off whilst all the "other" cars are not so much as giving a chirp??? wuts up with that? :)

Only 12 cars in that race. :(

Edit: Another thing I've been thinking about. Does the fact that both the F430 and 599 are in prologue mean there's a good possibility of more Ferraris in the final game?

Only 12 cars in that race. :(

Edit: Another thing I've been thinking about. Does the fact that both the F430 and 599 are in prologue mean there's a good possibility of more Ferraris in the final game?

Only 12? Its a short track, it would be too cramped with 16 i feel.

And the fact the 599 and F430 are in prologue means just that, the F430 and 599 are in prologue. I dont think anyone knows whats going to be in GT5 yet.

Thats like saying, oo the new GT-R is in prologue, that means theres a good possibility of a few more skylines? :P

GRAN from TURISMO 5 Prologue Supports G25 Clutch. :D

Much thanx to Apex at Neogaf for spotting this one.

Manual gear set of G25 Racing Wheel
(generic web-translator below)
Only 6 grade manual gear modes it will be able to use the clutch pedal. The ON/OFF of clutch function after each lace starting the place where there is a possibility of changing with the fact that it presses the button, after setting with the ON to, like the manual gear of the thread car it steps the clutch pedal and the gear swi phu thu must fabricate. Clutch pedal fabrication and the gear swi phu thu if the case where the timing of fabrication does not agree does a gear fabrication and N (nyu thu lel) becomes the condition. It steps this case clutch pedal and Eg there is a possibility of putting in the fabrication which it will count the gear again with the fact that it does.
When departing initially, the engine su thol from the hazard which it avoids the initialization of clutch function is becoming always the OFF. The tea cup one case which in the automobile which is recorded in game is not the clutch pedal by the thread car (example: The Nissan the GT-R) clutch function becomes invalid. And poem khwel syel swi phu thing the button becomes the former wife rum retrogression function from mode.

http://www.paperboots.net/2007/12/12/gt-5-prologue-x-g25-racing-wheel/

It's definitely Fuji. Comparing this shot to the ones they have the track on the website, the clouds are a lot more detailed too. I think they might be talking about the tracks in the game and showing some Fuji F1 footage in the background. I doubt F1 cars are going to be Prolouge, though it might be a screenshot of GT5.
Could it be a GTTV image?

Only 6 grade manual gear modes it will be able to use the clutch pedal. The ON/OFF of clutch function after each lace starting the place where there is a possibility of changing with the fact that it presses the button, after setting with the ON to, like the manual gear of the thread car it steps the clutch pedal and the gear swi phu thu must fabricate. Clutch pedal fabrication and the gear swi phu thu if the case where the timing of fabrication does not agree does a gear fabrication and N (nyu thu lel) becomes the condition. It steps this case clutch pedal and Eg there is a possibility of putting in the fabrication which it will count the gear again with the fact that it does.
When departing initially, the engine su thol from the hazard which it avoids the initialization of clutch function is becoming always the OFF. The tea cup one case which in the automobile which is recorded in game is not the clutch pedal by the thread car (example: The Nissan the GT-R) clutch function becomes invalid. And poem khwel syel swi phu thing the button becomes the former wife rum retrogression function from mode.

Kinda badly translated but I think I get the jist of it, and as a result of this information.

**** YES!!!

great to hear buying that g25 last month is worth it (really i would have been happy with it even without clutch support though)

It sounds like you will be able to stall the vehicle from that desription, which is sweet. If so then how would you start it back up afterward?

At least they are sligtly better, the thing that bugs me most right now is the hand animation, the driver doesn't rotate the wheel the full 900 degress.

They do sound better yes, just something about it just.:yuck: I do agree on the driver animation. I also noticed a couple times that he didn't reach for the shift lever fast enough during a shift.

http://loot-ninja.com/2007/12/12/hands-on-preview-gran-turismo-5-prologue-ps3/

heres a hands on review that says theres more cars in game than anounced thus far

bWhen the game ships, it will include approximately 70 cars and 5 reversible tracks, including Daytona. Like all Gran Turismo games, you’ll have to progress through the races to unlock most of the cars. There won’t be any license tests in Prologue, but will make it into GT5 when the full game is released. There will be more car tuning than what’s found in Gran Turismo HD, but nowhere near the amount you’ll find in the full GT5. There will be no damage modeling in Prologue, as Polyphony Digital didn’t have enough time to dedicate to making it work perfectly.

b

I couldn't understand any of it. Other than the clutch won't work for the GT-R.

I was referring to this quote:"Clutch pedal fabrication and the gear swi phu thu if the case where the timing of fabrication does not agree does a gear fabrication and N (nyu thu lel) becomes the condition."

It sounds like you will go into Neutral if you stall it, perhaps.

They do sound better yes, just something about it just.:yuck: I do agree on the driver animation. I also noticed a couple times that he didn't reach for the shift lever fast enough during a shift.

I wonder how the shift animations can be fast enough when I choose manual transmission, the game can't know when I'm going to shift?

I wonder how the shift animations can be fast enough when I choose manual transmission, the game can't know when I'm going to shift?

They can delay the shift action and animation to fit together. He had it right on the straightaways, just a little slow when there was a lot going on.👍

Back