Logitech G25 ADDs: G25 SLI

• Thread starter Aero-R
  • 16 comments
Aero-R
I've found today an interesting add for the Logitech G25, I've done some searches on this forum looking for threads where this could be commented already and I found nothing, so I fet I should share it with the rest of the GTPlanet guys and here we go...

Logitech G25's Shift Light Indicator

g25_full.jpg

You know, with the picture you realize what it's all about. 129'99$, carbon fiber, no Force Feedback loss, it's all here: http://www.cxcsimulations.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CS&Product_Code=LGSLI#

Unfortunately, it's just focused to PC, only PC sims' confirmed, not GRAN TURISMO or Playstation games. The same company, CXC Simulations, have also upgrades for this G25 SLI add, and they have another section for new adds for the G25 as different wheels. Take a look at the menu: http://www.cxcsimulations.com/products/accessories.html

With this kind of works for a steering wheel from other company, seems to be that Logitech G25 is one of the best choices for a steering wheel because of it's supported scene. We could continue using this thread to start talking about the adds for this G25 the different companies do. I've not the G25 or any wheel, I've always played GT by Dual Shocks, but I've used G25 many times at my friend's house so I've a bit of knowledge about this wheel anyway (I'm thinking about buy it as my first wheel but I should do some questions to you about stering wheels before, but that's for another thread :dopey:). I found this one on a spanish forum, and on the same forum I readed a comment talking about this is not the first add for the brilliant Logitech G25, but I couldn't found the first add they were talking about or even a name :indiff:

I really didn't know where to put this thread, I'm a bit new to this forum as user (not as viewer, I've years...) so I hope done it on the right place. Excuse my english if I commit some grammar faults.

This does look pretty cool (but a tad pricy). It looks as if Logitech is trying to turn the G25 into a customizable sim racing tool. All well and good except one issue: My G25 has proven to be vastly less durable than anticipated, certainly much less durable than my DFPs (which have remained faithful once you get a set of pedals that function correctly in the first place...).

For example:

1) Sequential shifter no longer functions properly, just the tiniest touch will shift up (stick down), while the shift down (stick up) in normal. Also, if you use it in this mode it will often get stuck in some mode wherein the paddle shifters do not work properly. It still functions properly in H-shifter mode however.

2) Flappy-paddle-shifters are becoming less and less responsive over time, with less "spring back". Occasionally it is necessary to physically bend them away from the wheel because they'll get to the point where they won't work properly. A small piece of stick-on closed-cell foam weather seal between the paddle stops and the paddles helps add the "spring" back into the paddle's release.

3) Wheel is quickly developing play in the shaft. Unlike the DPF this issue does not appear to be easily repairable.

So, investing a lot of money in G25 upgrades might not make a lot of sense if the wheel itself lacks durability.

Ouch, so my favourite steering wheel could not be a great choice to buy :ill:

My friend's one works at the first day but he's not using it everyday... so maybe seems to be that Logitech G25 is maybe not a endurance wheel.. :guilty:

First of all, I think this is not the thread for this. You should move it here or if you don't know how, a moderator would most likely help you out. :) As for the add-ons, its nothing new really. I've seen some other companies doing G25 add ons as well as this one. But somehow, its always have its flaws..... As a G25 owner myself, the G25 wheel isn't so bad once you get used to it. Sure the force feedback would be weak after a while, and the gearbox have some problems, but its really up to the owner to keep it in good condition. ;)

I had my wheel since July of last year, and until now my G25 still works wonderfully. :D Even though I may think i've wasted so much money on it, but to tell you the truth, its worth every penny. If you want an alternate wheel other than the G25, you can have a look at these:

Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel
Frex wheels

Although they might be expensive, but they are way better than the G25 for sure. 👍 But still, you can't beat the G25 for its relative cheapness...... (for a wheel with h-gate and 900 rotation)

I've had my G25 about 8 months & put in approximately 300 hours on it (About 100 hours using the paddles with F1:CE). I haven't experienced any problems with it. As far as I can tell it is still functioning as it did when new.

With those 19.995$ you can buy a black Chevrolet Camaro Z28 third gen. from 1992. 5'7L, and you still have money for a few improves for it and a dope exhaust. I prefer that, honestly :dopey:

With those 19.995$ you can buy a black Chevrolet Camaro Z28 third gen. from 1992. 5'7L, and you still have money for a few improves for it and a dope exhaust. I prefer that, honestly :dopey:

True but it'd hurt alot more if you stuffed that into the tyre wall on your first lap :ill:

This does look pretty cool (but a tad pricy). It looks as if Logitech is trying to turn the G25 into a customizable sim racing tool. All well and good except one issue: My G25 has proven to be vastly less durable than anticipated, certainly much less durable than my DFPs (which have remained faithful once you get a set of pedals that function correctly in the first place...).

For example:

1) Sequential shifter no longer functions properly, just the tiniest touch will shift up (stick down), while the shift down (stick up) in normal. Also, if you use it in this mode it will often get stuck in some mode wherein the paddle shifters do not work properly. It still functions properly in H-shifter mode however.

2) Flappy-paddle-shifters are becoming less and less responsive over time, with less "spring back". Occasionally it is necessary to physically bend them away from the wheel because they'll get to the point where they won't work properly. A small piece of stick-on closed-cell foam weather seal between the paddle stops and the paddles helps add the "spring" back into the paddle's release.

3) Wheel is quickly developing play in the shaft. Unlike the DPF this issue does not appear to be easily repairable.

So, investing a lot of money in G25 upgrades might not make a lot of sense if the wheel itself lacks durability.

Must be an isolated issue, especially regarding the shaft-play. The G25 has far more durable internals than the DFP, there is no way it will wear out even nearly as quickly as a DFP unless there is a batch-based manufacturing issue.

I have a very early model G25, and i've done serious, serious time with it (I run two modding teams, build physics, and compete in several leagues for rFactor/RBR). My DFP loosened very quickly in comparison, even quicker than my old MSFF did. In fact, just wiggling the G25 now, it doesn't show any sign of shaft-play yet. Paddles are fine too, but i usually reserve them for brake-bias.

It's not industrial-spec like an ECCI, Frex, or BRD, but for the money it is great.

That SLI would go great with my V8 supercars mod! Very authentic. :)

With those 19,995.00 you can buy a black Chevrolet Camaro Z28 third gen. from 1992. 5'7L, and you still have money for a few improves for it and a dope exhaust. I prefer that, honestly :dopey:

Sorry, but It think that this setup is worth a lot more than any second, third or forth gen. Z28 Camaro, trust me... :scared:

I dont think this is worth buying. Also @ panjandrum I have my G25 with almost 3 yearsnow and its got plenty of use over the years. My G25 still works just as good as the day I bought it. I dont have any of those problems youve pointed out.

But saying that I am going to buy a Fanatec wheel because from the reviews I have seen it is a much better wheel. There is no deadzone , its got better force feedback , it will work with my G25 pedals , its got two more motors for extra Force Feedback features the G25 doesnt have and it works with the PS3.

Back