You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Everyone knows Honda and Rover had a partnership in the 80s-90s, and a bunch of Rover badged Hondas were sold in Europe, or some Rovers were equipped with Honda engines...

Meanwhile, in Japan:

hondacrossroad-1.jpg

og-honda-crossroad.jpg

You have no idea how much that is messing with my head.

Well than the following car will be the tipping point for you I guess, the truly horrible Alfa Romeo Arna ( basically a rebadged Nissan Cherry with an Alfa boxer-engine ), what the hell were they thinking?

AlfaRomeoArna_01.jpg

Here's a fairly obscure one.

The Lancia Megagamma concept, that paved the way for the modern MPV.
1149901.jpg

Well than the following car will be the tipping point for you I guess, the truly horrible Alfa Romeo Arna ( basically a rebadged Nissan Cherry with an Alfa boxer-engine ), what the hell were they thinking?

I reckon the Arna has potential though. It's mainly spoiled by the Nissan styling, so fixing that would be a good plan. Get some 1980s Alfa pepperpots on it, paint it racing red rather than that bloody awful beige, give it a contrasting black front lip spoiler and a black tailgate spoiler a bit like the Alfasud ti, and I reckon you'd be onto something. Give it some nice bolstered seats and a sporty little steering wheel and it might even approach something decent looking.

Of course, it'd still break down all the time, but at least it'd look more like an Alfa.

Slight correction, the WagoVan name was only used on the RealTime 4wd models, the regular fwd models were simply Civic Wagons.

wago.jpg

Not sure what it's officially called, but it's also known as the Honda WagoVan.
I had seen those as Civics... Civic wagons as said above... 👍

Possibly, or rather, Certainly one of the most horrible car on the road... or fish out of water...

You have no idea how much that is messing with my head.

:scared: :lol: i agree with you...

No wonder they named it the "Crossroad" ....

The crossroad between reality and a parallele universe!

Talking about Rover/Honda being partners...

I remember seeing back then the Honda Legend as a Rover (i dont know the name if it)... or actually a Rover badged car that is based on the Honda Legend.

I remember seeing back then the Honda Legend as a Rover (i dont know the name if it)... or actually a Rover badged car that is based on the Honda Legend.

That would be the Rover 800. It was part of a Joint Venture between Honda and Rover, basically Honda did the mechanicals and Rover did the styling. Others produced include the Honda Concerto/Rover 200, Honda Accord/Rover 600 and Honda Civic/Rover 400.

101040-500-0.jpg

Ah, the Mexican sports car. I wonder how that turned out.

aaah, this. It is still in development, as you may guess, economic crissis hit very, very hard here.

I have personally talked about it with the creator, Daniel Mastretta. He worked with my dad about 20 years ago before he left the design business and teetered over to develop and build his ultimate dream, the orange thing you see over there. I have seen sketches and actually seen a naked tub without bodywork. workmanship is incredible.

I have also seen the proto (the orange one in the pics) go. and go it does. It really sticks to the ground and even at more than 2 and a half kilometers above sea level, accelerates plenty fast for it's engine's humble origins (a VW four pot that, alegedly, will have a supercharger when they go for sale). It's a shame I could not be there when one of the magazines actually tracked it hard, but from what I heard the damn thing is as fast as an Exige on street tires. Quite an achievement.

I really really hope this car sees the light of day. Daniel Mastretta really deserves it. He has put soul and body and a quarter of his life into this car and is just inches from making it happen. I hope we will all see it.

EDIT: And so it won't only be about raving over the MXT, here is... the Veritas RSIII. What an amazingly risky design, and a M5 V10 underhood with a titanium exhaust. 540 or so horses. I WANT. It's like "Im going" *mounts savage fish*

epcp_1004_13_o+veritas_rs_iii+front_driver_side.jpg

link to European Car mag feature on the thing:
http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/epcp_1004_veritas_rs_iii/index.html

Last edited:
Only found this one in the wish lists for GT5. (all pictures here are from the internet, only put here as illustration)

Roadrazor sportscar: Danish 300kg, Hayabusa engine

Road_Razor_rear.jpg

Found 2 others: only seen in wish lists on GTPlanet.

Gardner Douglas GD T70 Spyder, a Lola replica

S7-video-Ring-folies-Gardner-Douglas-la-replique-sismique-55955.jpg

7130-102828.jpg

Fun Car Twintech

twintech-v.jpg

twintech_2.jpg

Last edited:
Only found this one in the wish lists for GT5.

Roadrazor sportscar: Danish 300kg, Hayabusa engine

Road_Razor_rear.jpg

That's not a car. That's an Assisted-Suicide Device.

At least you'll go with a big fat smile on your face.

I found this instead: Deronda G400

Before production started, the team of engineers at Autosport made a few changes in order to appeal to American drivers. The small 1.8-liter Audi engine was dropped, and a Corvette-sourced 6.0-liter V-8 took its place. To accommodate the much larger powerplant, the team stretched the wheelbase by five inches (increasing overall length by eight inches). The brakes were upgraded, and the suspension was modified to accept the new running gear. The finished product was called the Deronda G400.

From autoblog:
derondafd_13_opt.jpg

======================

Oups 2 others:

Secma F16 Roadster (in GT5 wishlists):

Pics from automotto:
secma_f16_roadster_005-1007_hWp4S_3342.jpg

GTM 40TR (I believe already discussed somewhere on the forum, as Factory Five Racing, but no pics yet):

Pics from Carmagazine:
gtm40tr_1_560px.jpg

==============================

Edit: I'm using Fastestlaps.com recently to look up some things and came across this:

SV 9 Competizione Corvette C6

Pictures from egmcartech.com:
sv_9_competizione_c6_corvette_real_main.jpg
sv_9_competizione_c6_corvette_real_005.jpg

Not clear if it is more then just some bodywork on a C6 Corvette, but a 1000 would be produced.

Last edited:
That looks like it's trying really, really hard to be an Alfa Romeo...

I do think they do not hide that, all they want to do is give Italian flare to the Corvette, inspired on the 8C Competitione.

I stay with the originals, but that is me. I just showed the car exists.

Like a very heavy handed attempt. At the back half at least. The front looks like a half-arsed effort to look like an RX-8 to me.

Oups 2 others:

Secma F16 Roadster (in GT5 wishlists):

Pics from automotto:
secma_f16_roadster_005-1007_hWp4S_3342.jpg

Spotted one on the Nurburgring Webcam a few weeks ago and at the time and had no idea what it was.
webcam2f.jpg

Found this while looking for supercar wallpapers earlier this week. It is the Covini C6W, an Italian 6 wheel supercar inspired by the 1976 Tyrrell P34 formula one car.
covini-sportscar.jpg

Back