Aliens

• Thread starter Exorcet
  • 2,385 comments

Is there extraterrestrial life?

• Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (non carbon based)

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon based)

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon and non carbon based)

Votes: 82 10.8%
  • Yes, and they are humanoid creatures

Votes: 39 5.1%
  • Yes, and they are those associated with abductions

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, but I don't know what they'd be like

Votes: 379 49.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 151 19.8%
  • No, they only exist in movies

Votes: 47 6.2%

• Total voters
I really don't think the intelligent life we may find would look anything similar to "Greys". It seems to me that they are an elaborate hoax made with human imagination, and I'm not just saying that for the sake of it. We are biased in the fact that we arose as sentient creatures with bipedalism, and the fact we have eyes, a mouth, a nose and ears all on our face as an adaptation from sea life. A sentient species that evolved from a long line of land-based life could be very well different. Hoaxers have to make aliens that seem familiar to us and seem to convey human emotion on their faces. If instead we encountered an "alien" more like an octopus, we would have less to relate to, and we wouldn't have a frame of reference for immediately identifying intelligence. (even though we know that octopodes are quite intelligent)

Science-fiction filmmakers encounter the same problem. Many directors and make-up artists do want to create something truly alien in their stories, but are constrained by the human audience that want to see something they can touch and relate to. Bipedal aliens in Star Trek are an excellent example of this. Filmmakers have to work on a fine line; the alien must not be too difficult to comprehend, but not too human either.

Here are a couple of examples of more extreme forms of life: Life based on the silicon atom, and life that evolved entirely in the atmosphere of a gas giant. However extremely unlikely they are, they are undeniably intriguing.

I don't know if this has been asked before in this thread but waht about USO's? It seems that these crafts are reporded throughout history. Columbus made one or several entries in his log about things he could not explain.

Maybe they come from Atlantis or reside in the Bermuda triangle. :scared: :P

There are a lot of video clips on youtube which show interview with aliens by the American military. A person called Victor smuggled a video out of area 21 which shows an alien being interviewed. Some ex military personal whom were stationed at these secret bases came forward claiming that the US government have been working together with Grays.

Is Obama going to stop the so called cover up and reveal everything?

I don't know if this has been asked before in this thread but waht about USO's? It seems that these crafts are reporded throughout history. Columbus made one or several entries in his log about things he could not explain.

Maybe they come from Atlantis or reside in the Bermuda triangle. :scared: :P

There are a lot of video clips on youtube which show interview with aliens by the American military. A person called Victor smuggled a video out of area 21 which shows an alien being interviewed. Some ex military personal whom were stationed at these secret bases came forward claiming that the US government have been working together with Grays.

USO's and UFO's are cut from the same cloth. No reason to be scared. Incidentally, the phenomenon can operate in solid rock, as well as air and water!

A good portion of the UFO/alien legends are concocted by military and intelligence operatives for reasons of their own.

These legends serve a purpose, and will not be ended any time soon.

USO's and UFO's are cut from the same cloth. No reason to be scared. Incidentally, the phenomenon can operate in solid rock, as well as air and water!

A good portion of the UFO/alien legends are concocted by military and intelligence operatives for reasons of their own.

These legends serve a purpose, and will not be ended any time soon.
Me scared, nah, I'm never scared. LOL

So what you're saying is that some of these legends are .... merely legends?

Which is a good book to read about this subject?

Me scared, nah, I'm never scared. LOL

So what you're saying is that some of these legends are .... merely legends?

Which is a good book to read about this subject?

At one time about 20 years ago it was estimated that some 15,000 books had been written and published on the phenomenon. I can assure that most are rubbish! So it depends on what your aims are as to where to begin your study. If you would like to be somewhat thrilled and scared, as well as thoroughly entertained and educated, you can do no better than reading virtually any title by John A. Keel. Likewise, Dr Jacques Vallee is guaranteed to both educate and thrill. I have an extensive bibliography available on all aspects of the phenomenon.

Studying UFO's is like three blind men trying to examine an elephant. No individual is likely to come up with the totality of the truth.

Last edited:

I doubt it. And I have several reasons.

1. If news of the existence of life on other planets were to be released to the public, mass panic may ensue, i.e. people running to the nearest Lidl/Tesco/Wal-Mart/supermarket to stock up on goods and then spend years in nuclear bunkers.

2. I know this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the military may want stuff like this kept secret from the public, to prevent mass panic or because they're still investigating these UFO sightings and perhaps the debris from the supposed UFO crash in New Mexico in '47.

Well we lack any evidence that life exists on those planets/moons. However, that doesn't mean that our solar system (aside from earth) has been ruled out regarding life. Mars could have subsurface liquid water for all we know - so there could be life below the surface, and there might have been life at some point on the surface. Europa (one of Jupiter's moons) could have life in the ocean that is believed to exist beneath its surface. Europa exists in a high radiation, high tidal force environment which provides some heat for life to develop from. Another prime target is Enceladus (one of Saturn's moons). Enceladus was recently discovered to be erupting ice particles into space. This leads to the strong possibility of a subsurface liquid water reservoir. Heat measurements from the fissures indicate that the internal temperatures might be sufficient for life.

So there are plenty of places we have left to examine in our own solar system. But nobody expects to find little green men.

I don't think aliens are little green men. But good explanation, nonetheless. I actually hope that someday we fnd something out there because it would be sad knowing that the intelligient life forms we are couldn't even find another planet. And I don't think the creatures that are out there look like us, each planet has its own conditions in which any iving beings would have to evolve and adapt to. And no, other beings aren't abducting us, that's probably just a sign of being too wacked out to understand reality. Its just the number of hoaxs is too large for me to believe.

2. I know this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the military may want stuff like this kept secret from the public, to prevent mass panic or because they're still investigating these UFO sightings and perhaps the debris from the supposed UFO crash in New Mexico in '47.
... or to control the public and back engineer the technology if aliens are in fact - youtube mentioned this - working together with the America military.

Working with the American military? Humans have no problem with inventing new and creative ways of killing each other by ourselves, we don't need aliens to help us in that regard. What we do need is a way to get off this ball of rock someday. That would be a far larger priority than any form of advanced weaponry, I would think.

Of course it may be possible that we have discovered aliens, and that they are humanoid shaped, and that they are willing to share information with us, and that the millitary doesn't care about faster-than-light travel and only wants big bad boom-boom weapons... but would be a bit hilarious for words. And a little bit disgusting.

Last edited:
Working with the American military? Humans have no problem with inventing new and creative ways of killing each other by ourselves, we don't need aliens to help us in that regard. What we do need is a way to get off this ball of rock someday. That would be a far larger priority than any form of advanced weaponry, I would think.
Yep, that's what I heard, saw on a few youtube videos.
I didn't mention anything about weapons. Back enginering the alien technology doesn't mean creating weapons. If this is really happening, the aliens wouldn't allow the American military to create weapons.

Yep, that's what I heard, saw on a few youtube videos.
I didn't mention anything about weapons. Back enginering the alien technology doesn't mean creating weapons. If this is really happening, the aliens wouldn't allow the American military to create weapons.

OK. I'll agree with that. :)

What I've heard on the youtube videos is that the aliens are supposedly helping the Americans to develop very fast space craft and other technology. To give them inside in other things like reincarnation. According to the aliens - if the cooperation or interviews of aliens is true - reincarnation is a fact.

What I've heard on the youtube videos is that the aliens are supposedly helping the Americans to develop very fast space craft and other technology. To give them inside in other things like reincarnation. According to the aliens - if the cooperation or interviews of aliens is true - reincarnation is a fact.

I think were all getting slightly paranoid now, kikie...

Wait, Youtube? I don't believe anything I see on that sight! Last night I watched a video where a guy talked about how to cook babies. YouTube's rubbish.

*Goes running to his secret bomb shelter that no one knows about* oops now you all know.

Alleged alien-nonhuman skull, DNA tested and therefore called non-human, the shape is also way off, I find it exciting but it seems far too good to be true, because when humankind finds out it's not alone, I guess all the shi... like war will be history, forever, I hope at least.:sly:

Nine planets in the solar system, and god knows what out there beyond our solar system. Who in their right mind could be so naive as to believe Earth is the only one with intelligent life?
I do think there is ET life out there, and that they have paid us a visit in the past.

I think he's talking about Niburu. :lol:

Eight because Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore I believe, and it's not Niburu, it's Nibiru, planet of the crossings (crossing "us" every 3600 years, the home planet of the snake-gods of the "sumerians"-you know the old highly developed, but "extinct" civilization (B.C.)). The "sumerians" called their gods the Annunaki, which is supposed to mean sth. like: the ones coming from heaven to earth. Well, that's at least what I read.:P

I do think there is ET life out there, and that they have paid us a visit in the past.

Would actually fit the story of the Annunaki. I also read that pretty much all other highly developed, now extinct civilizations had gods coming from heaven to earth, teaching them wicked things, like agriculture, mathematics, astronomie. The "sumerians" are said to have been able to predict a solar eclipse 50 years in advance, they were allegedly also the first ones to have all the basics of our civilization, not only maths, agriculture and astronomie but also laws and courts.
Another fascinating fact, yes this time fact, is that they had also some religious texts, which tell stories very very similar to the ones of the Bible.
One of that is now in the British Museum of ...sth. I do not remember anymore.
Again, stories I heard of, read, I do not insist that this is all true, or even some of it.

Edit: Sorry for double-post.

Would actually fit the story of the Annunaki. I also read that pretty much all other highly developed, now extinct civilizations had gods coming from heaven to earth, teaching them wicked things, like agriculture, mathematics, astronomie. The "sumerians" are said to have been able to predict a solar eclipse 50 years in advance, they were allegedly also the first ones to have all the basics of our civilization, not only maths, agriculture and astronomie but also laws and courts.
Another fascinating fact, yes this time fact, is that they had also some religious texts, which tell stories very very similar to the ones of the Bible.
One of that is now in the British Museum of ...sth. I do not remember anymore.
Again, stories I heard of, read, I do not insist that this is all true, or even some of it.

I have met Zecharia Sitchin. He is a very nice, educated, literate, humorous and entertaining little old man.

The extra-canonical Book of Enoch gives lurid details of extraordinary beings revealing forbidden technologies to men.

The old Egyptians had a light bulb. Must be alien influence.

We have all seen drawings or photos of what appears to be something looking like a giant light bulb in bas-relief on an old Egyptian wall. Egyptologists call it something else, of course. History tells us it was thousands of years later when Franklin, Faraday, Maxwell, Kelvin, Edison, et al, developed electrical technology. Even so, the Old Kingdom Egyptians must have had something very clever to light their intricate underground workings and subterranean artwork. Modern archeologists have been unable to light the sinuous tombs and passageways with modern mirrors reflecting light from the surface, and neither have they discovered traces of soot from burning torch lights.

It must be repeatedly emphasized that there is currently no acceptable proof or evidence of alien interference with humanity despite suggestive ancient literature and images. What we are left with, of course, is a grand mystery that still needs answers. Are you the bright lad with the right answers? I don't have them, but my guess is that the ancient Egyptians were in fact able to acquire and share knowledge in ways unfamiliar to modern humans.

If the Egyptians had a light bulb you would find evidence of it archaeologically. A drawing on a tomb wall isn't evidence because it could be anything. The Egyptians loved to combine symbols to means something.

I want it to be a light bulb. I like the idea of aliens helping out the Egyptians.

Let me have this one at least.

You discredit an entire civilisation and human ingenuity when you say they couldn't have done it without help from intergalactic travellers.

Aliens could have very well visited ancient Egypt or other advanced civilisation and that's what the "gods" are often referred to but they didn't build the stuff for them. In Egypt you had a huge working population that could only work half of the year when the Nile wasn't flooded, what are you going to do with them? Have big public works projects...that's what.

And no I'm not going to let you have it, you are welcome to think that way but I'm going to point out why that way of thinking is bad.

My opinion on aliens, not 100% sure though. I'm still a bit sceptical, sometimes at least.

• They have been visiting the earth, hence all the Gods
  • They are still visiting the earth, hence all the UFO/USO sightings :scared:
  • They have helped old civilazitions and are still working with the Americans at area 21. :sly:
  • 100% sure that aliens genetically engineerd the man like apes that roamed the earth, hence the missing link. 💡
  • The Bermuda traingle and the Asian counter part are alien basis. :sly:
  • The Aztek cities are copies of alien cities. :)

• 100% sure that aliens genetically engineerd the man like apes that roamed the earth, hence the missing link. 💡
Not sure I understand what you mean here - are you suggesting that early hominids were intelligently designed?

Not sure I understand what you mean here - are you suggesting that early hominids were intelligently designed?
The link between man like apes and modern humans are aliens, not evolution.
Aliens 'engineerd' us that's why they are still coming to earth, to see how we are doing.

The link between man like apes and modern humans are aliens, not evolution.
Either you are joking, or you're making a very bold claim... one that certainly requires a vast amount of evidential support to be taken even remotely seriously. It depends what you mean of course, but if you are saying what I think you are saying, then the evidence is monumentally stacked against you.

Latest Posts

Back