Aliens

• Thread starter Exorcet
  • 2,385 comments

Is there extraterrestrial life?

• Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (non carbon based)

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon based)

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon and non carbon based)

Votes: 82 10.8%
  • Yes, and they are humanoid creatures

Votes: 39 5.1%
  • Yes, and they are those associated with abductions

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, but I don't know what they'd be like

Votes: 379 49.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 151 19.8%
  • No, they only exist in movies

Votes: 47 6.2%

• Total voters
I think Tom Cruise knows the answer to all this. :sly:
I think he's too busy with his day job.
article-1271324834086-092428E7000005DC-624561_636x481.jpg

Yeah, but you'll have credibility in your claim if:

a) You're actually an alien
b) One of your distant parents is an alien
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
a) I'm from alien origine. With 'I' I mean 'the spirit'. Many, many years ago I came to this planet in my original form. We (me and others) genetically engineerd the human ancestors into modern man.
Suddenly I died and I (= spirit) reincarnated into a human body. I became more and more human after each reincarnation.

And here I am, stalking GTP as a psychologically 100% sane human being. :D

I've always been interested in Archaeology and palaeontology as long as I can remember. One time my class, I was about 10 - 12 years old went on a field trip to a museum in Brussels. There was huge section devoted to archaeology. I was so intrigued by the Egyptians, Roman and other civilization that I stayed behind. There was a teacher that noticed my interest and me staying behind, that he gave me a private tour. He was a history teacher. I also remembered that I couldn't stay away from the frescos and the mummies. When I was about 12 years old, I started to read about paleontology. I also went to a museum in the US and another museum in Brussels were dinosaurs are displayed.

I also used to read a lot about mysteries, e.g. Atlantis, humans disappearing, Bermuda triangle, aliens ofcourse, ghosts (spirits) reincarnation, cosmology, time paradoxes, the paranormal, GT5, medicine (I also started to read medical books when I was not older than 14). I had to stop because I began to know too much about the human body and illnesses. It wasn't healthy. I even got interested in molecular biology. I'm not saying this because famine is a molecular biologist. I never pursued this because I was/still am too stupid. My thesis in high school was about the destruction and excavation of Pompeii. It was the best thesis of all the classes in high school of my year. :embarrassed:

Everything went downhill with me when people (even a teacher) started to insult, abuse, call me names on a daily basis for years. Where-ever I went, I had to undergo these abuses.

Many years ago, scientist talked about the missing link between early hominids and the modern human. As I was interested in aliens, I started to think; what if they came to the planet earth and genetically altered these early hominids to create an intelligent human being.
I can't remember when but I read a book from Erich von Däniken and I believe he said something similar in his book.
Ofcourse there is no evidence at all that this happened but I can't shake the idea; what if ..... . I always thought that this could be the solution for the missing link. Stranger things have happened.

Ok, I'm trained in archaeology and in all my years of schooling if I would have ever made mention ideas like that I would have been laughed out of the department. I used to have ideas like that but as soon as you take a couple of courses in the subject you see that your thoughts are misguided. I even wrote quite an extensive paper on the subject for my capstone class which allowed me to get my degree. It was actually called "Aliens Made Us Do It?" and it looked at alternative theories to the building of megaliths of the ancient world...mainly Stonehenge.

And sweet baby Jesus, Erich von Däniken? I suggest burning anything written by him as reading it may be hazardous to your health.

But the missing link? Pick up any book on palaeoanthropology and you can read about the human ancestral fossil record. There are bits missing but it's not as incomplete as people make it out to be.

I am the evidence.

;)

YOU are slightly crazy. :)
If you think you're an alien, then send me pictures. You know they're somewhere...in your attic....yes that little box over there....you might want to check it.....HOLY CRAP THER'S A GREEN HEAD IN THERE!

How could you scare me like that, kikie?

And sweet baby Jesus, Erich von Däniken? I suggest burning anything written by him as reading it may be hazardous to your health.
I know, I know.
He has no credibility what so ever. I didn't know that at the time I read that book. I only found out afterwards.

GT_Prologue5
YOU are slightly crazy.
smile.gif

If you think you're an alien, then send me pictures. You know they're somewhere...in your attic....yes that little box over there....you might want to check it.....HOLY CRAP THER'S A GREEN HEAD IN THERE!

How could you scare me like that, kikie?

Some of the aliens visiting earth are my cousins! Yeah. :mischievous:

Look, I made a self portret.

Last edited:
I have met Zecharia Sitchin. He is a very nice, educated, literate, humorous and entertaining little old man.

The extra-canonical Book of Enoch gives lurid details of extraordinary beings revealing forbidden technologies to men.

I am very intrested to know where and when you met him, and what you discussed. About the Enoch-book, which is supposed to be a part of the older Bibles, yeah I also read about that, it was very interesting.

The link between man like apes and modern humans are aliens, not evolution.
Aliens 'engineerd' us that's why they are still coming to earth, to see how we are doing.

Also read about that, actually the source said that the "Greys" told some repr. of the US Gov. back than in the 50's or 60's I believe, that they actually engineered us out of humanlike apes. That would explain why some 20.000k years ago or so I believe man came out of the caves and started to built houses, worldwide.
But than again I read A LOT negative stuff about this alleged alien group of "Greys", and that they really like to lie, on top of it they're supposed to be pretty bad at it.

Last edited:
Funny humans with your little theories, sure we had some input in creating the current model but long lost our interest as the basic material we had to work with was flawed from the beginning.
We only occasionally drop by when invited to discuss intergalactic politics with dolphins and are forced to watch with disdain what we mistakenly created ages ago......I mean really, what was the great Milf ( our leader at the time, don't laugh as apparantly it has gained a new meaning ) thinking?

Funny humans with your little theories, sure we had some input in creating the current model but long lost our interest as the basic material we had to work with was flawed from the beginning.
We only occasionally drop by when invited to discuss intergalactic politics with dolphins and are forced to watch with disdain what we mistakenly created ages ago......I mean really, what was the great Milf ( our leader at the time, don't laugh as apparantly it has gained a new meaning ) thinking?
You won't get far with a space ship that's stuck in 1st gear.

Can we get back on topic and discuss this in a more interesting manner?

I am very intrested to know where and when you met him, and what you discussed. About the Enoch-book, which is supposed to be a part of the older Bibles, yeah I also read about that, it was very interesting.

Back in the early 90's, when I had read all of Sitchen's Earth Chronicles then published, my wife and I attended one of his lectures at the Seattle Center. He spoke on the Sumerians and the Annunaki, and we chatted with him briefly after the lecture on these subjects.

Nothing you have read about The Book of Enoch will prepare you for actually reading it. It devotes several chapters to the activities of the Nephilim, whom we encounter briefly in Genesis for only a few tantalizing lines.

My edition is 1 (Ethiopic Apocalypse of ) Enoch, translated by E. Isaac. It is found in Volume 1 of The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha, edited by Charlesworth. This volume is favored by Biblical scholars, and is not cheap. The knowledge and insight you acquire from actually reading this will amaze you and your friends for the rest of your life. Read it!

Note: The Book of Enoch was not included when the recognizable modern Bible was decided upon at the Council of Nicea. Yet it cannot be doubted that the Book of Enoch was one of the most important of all Judeo-Christian literature and testaments before 325 AD. For instance, if we can regard the Dead Sea Scrolls found at Qumrun as a sort of ancient biblical library, then due to the sheer number of well-worn copies of Enoch found in the scrolls, it was by far the most read and most popular book of the time.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

My edition is 1 (Ethiopic Apocalypse of ) Enoch, translated by E. Isaac. It is found in Volume 1 of The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha, edited by Charlesworth. This volume is favored by Biblical scholars, and is not cheap. The knowledge and insight you acquire from actually reading this will amaze you and your friends for the rest of your life. Read it!

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini
Read what exactly. I'm interested.

Read what exactly. I'm interested.

Read the Book of Enoch. Also read anything you can get by Keel or Vallee.

The Book of Enoch is reputed to be the first ever book written in the first person. E.g., "I was there", "I saw this", "He told me that", etc.

Last edited:
You won't get far with a space ship that's stuck in 1st gear.

Can we get back on topic and discuss this in a more interesting manner?

Sorry for a rather lame attempt to be humorous, I'll leave you to carry on discussing this topic.

My opinion on aliens, not 100% sure though. I'm still a bit sceptical, sometimes at least.

• 100% sure that aliens genetically engineerd the man like apes that roamed the earth, hence the missing link. 💡
  • The Aztek cities are copies of alien cities. :)

Dotini, what do you think of the two things I wrote down in a previous post (see above (quote))? If you don't want to comment on that, I respect that. You can always PM me if you have an opinion.

That was funny.

Dotini, what do you think of the two things I wrote down in a previous post (see above (quote))? If you don't want to comment on that, I respect that. You can always PM me if you have an opinion.

Dear Kikie, it's great to have opinions on controversial subjects like aliens and the origins of man. It's even better to be able to substantiate them. Unfortunately, alien enthusiasts cannot substantiate theories that aliens are responsible for genetically engineering man, at least not yet. Most of those with the required knowledge and skills are still stuck debating about God and Darwin. Your idea is attractive and appealing, attractive like a girl with short shorts, tight top and ugg boots. Better get to know her a bit better before you marry.

It's true some Aztec cities are constructed with an intimate knowledge of the stars, planets and their motions. The pre-Aztec city of Tenochtitlan in some ways appears to mirror the layout of our solar system. However, don't you think it would be more prudent to attribute these buildings to humans, as Joey D sagely suggests, at least until some real evidence or proof of alien engineering is available?

In conclusion, I think its best to study controversial ideas carefully before shouting them from the rooftops as facts. Once you've made a mistake and lost your credibility with your peers, its hard to get it back again.

Respectfully yours,
Dotini

In conclusion, I think its best to study controversial ideas carefully before shouting them from the rooftops as facts. Once you've made a mistake and lost your credibility with your peers, its hard to get it back again.

Respectfully yours,
Dotini
In that case, I won't post in this thread anymore.

Back in the early 90's,...
Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Thank you for the information.

Btw. it's nice to see that some people here actually CAN talk about such an "outworldly" topic, with a truly open but at the same time skeptical mind, I'm actually surprised a bit because I "tried" to talk with my parents or my very best friends about that and the result was that...let's say 10% were willing to to listen to it but really none of them sees the "importance" behind all this stories and information that can easily be found on the internet (and yes I am absolutely aware of the fact that every crackhead can think a storie up and sell it as true, but there is such a HUGE amount of information from rather credible persons from politics or the military or science, which really seem to "fit" when combined to a single greater picture (altough there are several theories completely contradicting each other)).

In that case, I won't post in this thread anymore.

Kikie, there is no reason to stop posting in this thread. After all, you can share your ideas and learn new ones here in a friendly environment. You have a good imagination and great enthusiasm. All that's required now is more study and practice expressing yourself.

I'd like to confirm that aliens likely do exist on other worlds. Also that UFO's (and other mysterious phenomena) do exist on this one. No one has ever successfully explained them. With more study, you might be the first one to do so. Now is not the time to give up.

Respectfully,
Dotini

Kikie, there is no reason to stop posting in this thread. After all, you can share your ideas and learn new ones here in a friendly environment. You have a good imagination and great enthusiasm. All that's required now is more study and practice expressing yourself.

+1, crazy ideas bring progress, however you have to express them appropriately.

I also like the idea of Aliens experimenting with species on earth, genetically modifying them to come to a more entertaining species like humans. In this case we will not have to fear the aliens like Stephen Hawkings stated, but they will protect us, their precious toys. If you do not develop these kind of crazy ideas, you will not look for proof of them.
Any research is generally good, OK 90% does not deliver, but some deliver insights they were not looking for at all.

Fear that the proof of Darwin for me is most convincing at the moment.

Also that UFO's (and other mysterious phenomena) do exist on this one.

I think discussed before on this forum: UFO, unidentified flying objects, will always exists until they are identified, does not have to be of alien origin, it could be military experiments, natural phenomena, simple partial views or aliens ...

It is clear that we have now a lot of knowledge, but it is also clear we still miss a lot of knowledge (e.g. deep sea species).

For those adventurous enough to contemplate life without water or carbon, there's this:http://iopscience.iop.org/1367-2630/9/8/263/fulltext

Abstract. "Complex plasmas may naturally self-organize themselves into stable interacting helical structures that exhibit features normally attributed to organic living matter. The self-organization is based on non-trivial physical mechanisms of plasma interactions involving over-screening of plasma polarization. As a result, each helical string composed of solid microparticles is topologically and dynamically controlled by plasma fluxes leading to particle charging and over-screening, the latter providing attraction even among helical strings of the same charge sign. These interacting complex structures exhibit thermodynamic and evolutionary features thought to be peculiar only to living matter such as bifurcations that serve as `memory marks', self-duplication, metabolic rates in a thermodynamically open system, and non-Hamiltonian dynamics. We examine the salient features of this new complex `state of soft matter' in light of the autonomy, evolution, progenity and autopoiesis principles used to define life. It is concluded that complex self-organized plasma structures exhibit all the necessary properties to qualify them as candidates for inorganic living matter that may exist in space provided certain conditions allow them to evolve naturally."

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Now here is another scientific study of the life-like properties of plasma created in the laboratory.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4174-plasma-blobs-hint-at-new-form-of-life.html

"Physicists have created blobs of gaseous plasma that can grow, replicate and communicate - fulfilling most of the traditional requirements for biological cells. Without inherited material they cannot be described as alive, but the researchers believe these curious spheres may offer a radical new explanation for how life began."

"A distinct boundary layer that confines and separates an object from its environment is one of the four main criteria generally used to define living cells. Sanduloviciu decided to find out if his cells met the other criteria: the ability to replicate, to communicate information, and to metabolise and grow."

"He found that the spheres could replicate by splitting into two. Under the right conditions they also got bigger, taking up neutral argon atoms and splitting them into ions and electrons to replenish their boundary layers."

"Finally, they could communicate information by emitting electromagnetic energy, making the atoms within other spheres vibrate at a particular frequency. The spheres are not the only self-organising systems to meet all of these requirements. But they are the first gaseous "cells". "

"But perhaps the most intriguing implications of Sanduloviciu's work are for life on other planets. "The cell-like spheres we describe could be at the origin of other forms of life we have not yet considered," he says. Which means our search for extraterrestrial life may need a drastic re-think. There could be life out there, but not as we know it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I have read a work of science fiction, The Black Cloud, written in 1957 by the noted physicist Sir Freddy Hoyle.
From the wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Cloud

Plot
"In 1964, astrophysicists on earth become aware of an immense cloud of gas that enters the solar system. The cloud, moving to interpose itself between the sun and the earth, could wipe out most of the life on earth by blocking solar radiation and ending photosynthesis. A cadre of astronomers and other scientists is drawn together in Nortonstowe, England, to study the cloud and report to the British government about the consequences of its presence.

As the behaviour of the cloud proves to be impossible to predict scientifically, they come to the conclusion that it might be a life-form with a degree of intelligence. In an act of desperation, the scientists try to communicate with the cloud, and to their surprise succeed in doing so. The cloud is revealed to be a superorganism, many times more intelligent than humans, and who in return is surprised to find intelligent life-forms on a solid planet."

Plausibility
"Using a computer model of molecular dynamics, an international team has discovered that, under the right conditions, particles of inorganic dust can become organized into helical structures. These structures can interact with one another in ways that are usually associated with organic compounds and with life. Not only do these helical strands interact in a counter-intuitive way in which like can attract like, but they also undergo changes that are normally associated with biological molecules, such as DNA and proteins, say the researchers. For example, they can divide to form two copies of the original structure. These new structures can also interact to induce changes in their neighbours. And they can even evolve into yet more structures as less stable ones break down, leaving behind only the fittest structures in the plasma. 'These complex, self-organized plasma structures exhibit all the necessary properties to qualify them as candidates for inorganic living matter,' said the lead researcher. 'They are autonomous, they reproduce and they evolve.'" The research, published in the New Journal of Physics 2007, was carried out using a computer model of molecular dynamics. [1] "

From the foregoing it ought to be abundantly evident that intelligent alien life in the form of plasma is a real possibility in the imagination and researches of physicists. Since 99% of the visible universe consists of plasma, it's a wonder that it's considered the fourth state of matter and not the first! Since plasma is omnipresent, one might be forgiven for wondering if it's not also omniscient and omnipotent!! And is it really so very alien if plasma phenomena such as some UFO manifestations and other peculiar apparitions are to be seen virtually any day on Earth? As President Ronald Reagan once publicly mused regarding aliens, "And yet are they not already here?"

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Now here is another scientific study ...blah...blah...blah...

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

I thought this was supposed to be a discussion with people expressing thier own open opinions, not for some to slate the opinions of others.

The last few pages all I've seen is an obsession of knowledge, trying to push it into the minds of others.

Yes I believe in aliens, yes the Aztec cities could have some alien connections, yes there may be aliens on this planet today....I'm almost certain Famine is one of them...

I also think the Book of Enoch is mostly full of crap.

Back to the question in the OP...

Do you think there is extraterrestrial life out there?

I thought this was supposed to be a discussion with people expressing thier own open opinions, not for some to slate the opinions of others.
Then why are you doing it, may I ask?

Not that I see anything in Dotini's posts to substantiate your criticism, but it is perfectly acceptable to have an opinion on someone's opinion... if you choose to post your opinion, then you should (but are not compelled to) be prepared to defend it. Frankly, in an esoteric and light-hearted thread such as this, I do not see the need to start slighting the character of someone who takes the time and trouble to make interesting posts.

Then why are you doing it, may I ask?

Not that I see anything in Dotini's posts to substantiate your criticism, but it is perfectly acceptable to have an opinion on someone's opinion... if you choose to post your opinion, then you should (but are not compelled to) be prepared to defend it. Frankly, in an esoteric and light-hearted thread such as this, I do not see the need to start slighting the character of someone who takes the time and trouble to make interesting posts.

I apologise if my post showed a little negativity. Though I found this....

...sarcastic and insulting because Kikie viewed different opinions.

Again if anyone thinks I am out of order in expressing my own opinions I apologise.

I apologise if my post showed a little negativity. Though I found this....
...sarcastic and insulting because Kikie viewed different opinions.

Nope, look, kikie posted this:
The link between man like apes and modern humans are aliens, not evolution.
Aliens 'engineerd' us that's why they are still coming to earth, to see how we are doing.

He makes it sound as if it would be fact, which it isn't. I think it's absolutely ok from him to post like this because I know it's only his opinion or sth. he believes in, BUT as Dotini pointed already out you should make clear you're posting YOUR OPINION, again nobody's really wrong here, just little missunderstandings.

It astonishes me that more folks here at GTP have not seen them in person. But, to see them, you must be outdoors, usually at night. Perhaps our demographic of game-playing, beer-guzzling young party animals does not make for the best set of night watchmen.

You know what? I often read on the internet it's easy to spot UFO's many many times and every time I thought that is nonsense. Than, some years later I saw a formation of red-glowing spheres in the sky, moving fast, I got interested. Now, EVERY TIME I go out, I'm looking at the sky in the night and ALMOST EVERY TIME I see sth., which I would qualify as an UFO, points which look like stars but moving extremely fast sometimes at a very high altitude and sometimes disappearing in sight by flying too high up. I know sounds stupid for the most guys here but if someone has an explanation for these sights I have almost every time by looking at the night sky for some mere 10-15 minutes and sometimes less, than go ahead, I would like to hear it.

Last edited:
Of course aliens exist, it would be impossible if they didn't. to think that we are the only intelligent species in the Galaxy, let alone the universe! would be very self centered of us. Our Milky way galaxy alone contains more than 100 billion stars, and there over 100 billion galaxies, so do the math on many stars there and how many can contain life. odds are, there should be a extra terrestrial planet that contains intelligent life more intelligent than ours.

There is a scale called the Kardashev scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale
That lists the three type of civilizations than can exist in a galaxy, not really pointing out about the possibility of life but a good read either way.

Anyways, i need to go to bed but I will be back tomorrow to finish discussing this with you guys

Back