GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
By the way, would it be possible to search inside GT Academy data files for tracks (especially) / cars / manufacturers leftovers? I still have it installed on my PS3.

Disassembling the game data files would have to be done with external tools, not by running the game in the PS3.
What I don't know if it's possible to copy or access the data somewhere or not, but I fear it's not possible.

By the way, would it be possible to search inside GT Academy data files for tracks (especially) / cars / manufacturers leftovers? I still have it installed on my PS3.

It depends of the size of the file and the data type and encoding,can you download it to usb and then to PC(maybe Linux will do the trick but we need the tools or formats to explore it),generally its like PC demos,you find the lists of all assets in a main exe(or PS3's equivalent of exe)file,of course if PD design the TT demos using just the necessary assets then is a complete mystery).

In any case I don't think that the TT could contain a track list,is possible but not logical, although it could be but that would be really really weird by PD.

If GT5 Prologue already included all track names and manufacturers from GT4 to GTPSP, then in my opinion it's possible that GT Academy, a quickly built up demo, could have all track names and possibily manufacturer names from the GT5 build it comes from. That would be interesting to find out, don't know if it's actually possible though.

If GT5 Prologue already included all track names and manufacturers from GT4 to GTPSP, then in my opinion it's possible that GT Academy, a quickly built up demo, could have all track names and possibily manufacturer names from the GT5 build it comes from. That would be interesting to find out, don't know if it's actually possible though.

How much is the file size?

Do you also happen to have a copy of GTPSP to hack for hidden tracks? :)
Or if you're able to find out if in GT5P there are track names hidden like in GTPSP (if you follow the links I previously posted) ?

Courses listed in GT PSP

09 - Tokyo Route 246
0A - Costa di Amalfi
0B - Grand Canyon
0C - Grand Valley Speedway
0D - Highspeed Ring
0E - Hong Kong
0F - Cote d'Azur
11 - Motegi Road Course
12 - New York
13 - Nurburgring_Nordschleife
14 - Chamonix
15 - Motegi Speedway
16 - Opera Paris
17 - Special Stage Route 5
18 - la Sarthe Old
19 - Seattle
1A - Suzuka
1B - Tsukuba
1D - Valencia
1F - El Capitan
26 - Apricot Hill Raceway
27 - Autumn Ring
28 - Deep Forest
29 - Fuji Speedway 90's
2A - Ice Arena
2B - Infineon Raceway Sports
2C - Laguna Seca
2D - Fuji Speedway 2005
2E - Tahiti Maze
2F - Swiss Alps
30 - Smokey Mountain North
31 - Citta di Aria
32 - Rome
33 - Trial Mountain
34 - Special Stage Route 11
3B - George v Paris

3C - Motorland
3D - Seoul Central
3E - Complex String
3F - Tahiti Dirt Route 3

40 - Midfield Raceway
86 - Cathedral Rocks 1
87 - Driving Park Gymkhana
88 - Driving Park Test Course
8E - Redrock Valley
90 - Pikes Peak
91 - Grindelwald

93 - Grand Valley East
94 - Motegi East
95 - Motegi West
96 - Cathedral Rocks Trial 2
97 - la Sarthe
98 - Suzuka East
99 - Suzuka West
B1 - Autumn Ring Mini
B5 - Cathedral Rocks Trial 3

I think I'm gonna join you guys on this stuff, this is very intriguing.

Just keep in mind that the name being in the resource file does not really mean the track will be in GT5 although it could be there. It could also be that they had plans to add certain tracks that just did not pan out for whatever reason.

Still it is interesting to see these and I hope all of them are in as well as a few others. The more the merrier :)

Still no Bathurst... most disappointing... there are a few tracks of noteworthyness that don't reside in USA or Europe, and to a lesser extent F1 tracks (either new or old) of Japan...

Looks like we don't get thrown a bone.

It's called Côte d'Azur because it's what the French Riviera is called. It's the name of the Southeast French coastline, Monaco and extends all the way to the Italian border.

PS - You should know how to spell in French considering it's one of your official languages. :P

I don't really care, I'm learning Spanish. French is a pain in the arse.

Ok, so what about the tracks have we figured out so far??? Could someone please sum up this page and the page before it for me?

Last edited:
Code:
20r60r
akasaka
apricot
assisi
autumn
capri
daytona
daytona_road
deepforest
eiger_short
fisco
fisco_old
fisco_slalom
grandcanyon
grandvalley
grandvalley_east
highspeedring
hongkong
icerace
infineon
infineon_nascar
kashiwa
laguna
lasvegas
london
midfield
mini
montecarlo
motegi
motegi_east
motegi_west
new_fisco
newyork
nurburgring
nursnow
oval
paris_rally
paris_tarmac
route5
sarthe
sarthe24
sarthe_old
seattle
seoul
smtsouth
suzuka
suzuka_east
suzuka_west
tahiti_maze
testcourse
trialmt
tsukuba
valencia
yosemite
yosemite_dirt
yosemite_dirt_mini
yosemite_dirt_short

What the hell is NurSnow?? Nurburgring Snow??

I think these are new cars?

Thats the second time I've seen something reffering to the Dome S102. There's a video where someone is playing on a GT5 Demo and they were driving it (interestingly, only from the Bumper cam) Seems like that car's chances of being in the game are more and more likely.

I don't really care, I'm learning Spanish. French is a pain in the arse.

Ok, so what about the tracks have we figured out so far??? Could someone please sum up this page and the page before it for me?

Spanish and French are 90% the same they just sound differnt, french is more Germanic sounding, in fact it was only due to the fact that i knew spanish from youth that i learned french in less than 6 months as a kid.

The track Costa Di Amalfi is also on the Cote D'Azur or Costa Azzuri.

Basically GT is at the most 60 days away so people here are trying to Colombo the situation and try to squeeze out some juice from severely dried up lemons, which at this point includes hidden data files found within GT5P and GTPSP games.

The list you saw (of 52 variations) was a hidden folder taken from GTPSP, which is serving as a sort of guide to unknown possible GT5 tracks.

Ah, so nur_snow is / was (I remember this resource name in GT4 too) just Chamonix?
Makes sense, it's the only circuit I didn't seem to see in the list.
Too bad :)

Yup, Sadly I think the most interesting one in that list is Smokey Mountain.
I haven't checked if that covers all GT4 tracks, but missing variations could be explained by some courses sharing the same unmodified assets.

Last edited:
Probably smtsouth is Swiss Alps in GT4. The list from GT5P covers all GT4 tracks, I've just checked.
Have a look at this:

smokey_mountain_south_165x168.gif
->
swiss_alps_165x168.gif

They share a similar layout, although the scenery is completely different.
I wonder if the inclusion of the North variation from GT2 in GTPSP (as a hidden resource) means that there will be a Swiss Alps North, or that if that Smokey Mountain will appear again in GT5.

Again, here are some interesting hidden resources in GTPSP:
Complex String
Grindelwald
Pikes Peak
Red Rock Valley
Rome (GT2 version)
Smokey Mountain North (actually playable in the game)
Special Stage Route 11
Tahiti Dirt Route 3 (actually playable in the game)

Last edited:
Whoa! Never knew that, cheers.
Was thinking of Smokey Mountain in GT3 but that was GT2's north track.

Green Forest was a similar layout too so they may have decided to roll them into a single track.

Last edited:
I assembled together all GT5P resources.
Variation names in Blue are confirmed for GT5.
Those in Dark Red are from GT4:

gt5phidden.png

Courses listed in GT PSP

Thanks! Could you please also post the resource names found in the data files?
In this was a list like the one just above could be made.

Last edited:
To hell with those old archaic "rally" circuits. PD start making some nice Point to Points like in RSRBR mod, mixed surface super narrow tight hairpins bumpy unpredictable. What rally stages should be like. Some of the roads in the German ADAC rally were barely wide enough for those mid-size compacts in WRC.

We know that point-to-point rally tracks will be included, and that cars racing on them will start staggered in time. Those tracks will be automatically and randomly generated each time with the Course Maker feature (in the Rally Mode, in a transparent manner to the user, obviously). So, it seems that proper rallying will be in GT5. What we don't know is if they will be narrow enough (like the steep Citta` di Aria section in GT4/PSP) and with enough obstacles, unpredictability and road irregularity that can be seen in real rally stages.

The old, "legacy" rally circuits would still work as "dirt" tracks, for car VS car competition, rather than competition against the time. After all even the confirmed Toscana "rally" track is not unlike them.

They're adding a lot of wonderful features to create a top class rally mode, but it looks like the tracks will still be closer to Rallycross than something resembling WRC. Of course we haven't really seen what it will be like yet, that's just my hunch.

Latest Posts

Back