Petition to remove Copy Protection on GT5 Saves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Lets have that removed.

Although there is a solution: If you are suspicious that your PS3 is going to crash and buy a new one, you can still use the data transfer option in the XMB. It will let you transfer even the copy-protected files.

The failures we had had no forewarning. Just worked and then died to YLOD, so the only answer is a backup game save on a USB key

If we can back up our games, what stops us from trading a car and then overwriting the save with the old data and duplicating cars?

If we can back up our games, what stops us from trading a car and then overwriting the save with the old data and duplicating cars?

They've already got the 1 gift per day limit there to dissuade such behaviour. It'd be possible, but slow. Anyway, who cares? I'm not gonna be jealous if the kid next door managed to get all 1031 cars within a week, I'm probably enjoying the game more than he is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for no protection on the saves. I was just putting it forward as a reason PD may not do it. It seems to me they have to unprotect the saves, but part of me knows they won't.

Kaz Tweets!

自分のセーブデータを他のストレージへバックアップする・・・12月下旬のアップデートで可能になります。

Updates will be available in late December to back up your saved data to another storage.

Kaz Tweets!

自分のセーブデータを他のストレージへバックアップする・・・12月下旬のアップデートで可能になります。

Updates will be available in late December to back up your saved data to another storage.

Woohooo....great news!! 👍

They've already got the 1 gift per day limit there to dissuade such behaviour. It'd be possible, but slow. Anyway, who cares? I'm not gonna be jealous if the kid next door managed to get all 1031 cars within a week, I'm probably enjoying the game more than he is.

What do you mean exactly? I've gifted about 20 items today from one of my new accounts to my proper account and have even traded with someone else. I've had no trouble gifting out and receiving them.

Just checked it and confirmed it's true!
If it is an update to save your files then brilliant because I'm starting to get worried about YLODs (I don't know what it means but sounds bad). Luckily I have a 500GB External Hard Drive to put it on

I agree. No copy protection. Rather lock the game save to the PSN account but not the PS3.

Exactly!

Why should we have to risk loosing our hard-earned levels, cars, credits, etc. in a game just because of a technical problem?

Backing up data is a primary rule – in fact, I would go as far as to say that the ability to back-up your own data is a basic right!

This issue should be addressed – and quickly!

Best news ever! I will be able to play properly without fear at last! Buying a new PS3 is nothing, redoing hours of GT5 is. Such great news!

sign me up, lock it to a psn id, ive got a launch 60gb ps3, i need insurance all my time wont be wasted WHEN i get the ****ing YLOD

I agree. Its dumb to risk so much time of hard playing customers to prevent what? Cheaters?

So you screw everyone else over to stop them? LOL uhhhhh bad idea. I couldnt care anyless if other peopel cheated. Sorry. Dont care.

I do care if i lose all my stuff.

I think it'd be great if it could be saved to your PSN, would save all the problems of not being able to access your data from other PS3's yet will still lock it to something and keep it non-transferable.

Oh yes PLEASE let this be true. Locked game saves is one of.. if not the WORST thing to ever happen. I'm still so confused as to why game makers are doing this on the PS3. About half of my games allow me to copy & backup my saves while other don't with absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. I thought it was a trophy thing but I have a lot of trophy enabled games which still allow me to back up my save.. it's pure evil that they lock it.

So the alternatiive is a game that is supposed to last for years just going bellyup on Tuesday afternoon because your PS3 crashed?

How does that encourage anyone to stick with a franchise fo ryears?

I want to be able to back up my data. I lost my data on GT5P (my fault for not backing it up I know), I had most of the cars. if i get far in gt5 and it happens again, It would not be a good thing.

So in 4 weeks max we will be able to back up our saves. That's so awesome.
And even more awesome fact that Kaz is actually listening our opinions/requests. He said there will be an option to turn off the HUD as well after some time, exp/money for online races too.
Thanks Kaz, you're the best. >__<

What about PS cloud? Couldn't sony setup something where you upload your saves to their servers for backup. It's still linked to your PSN and only you can DL it when logged into your account. This way you can have your saves on any PS3 but only when logged in to your account.

Since Kaz tweeted mid December for an update, the 3 weeks or so time span will give pd and Sony time to figure something out. Since it's pretty obvious that they are against hacker/cheaters, I'm sure they will implement another kind of lock into the patch but will give us users the ability to back it up onto another ps3 system. (hoping)*

I currently have a phat 60gb ps3 from launch with less than 400hrs playing time. Used to had a slim but gave it to my nephew as a present. :( I'm pretty decent into gt5 right now and I hope I won't get ylod anytime soon. Everytime the phat is on so is the fan right next to it. Lol Waiting patiently for the update just in case the phat one goes out on me. :scared:

Kaz Tweets!

&#33258;&#20998;&#12398;&#12475;&#12540;&#12502;&#12487;&#12540;&#12479;&#12434;&#20182;&#12398;&#12473;&#12488;&#12524;&#12540;&#12472;&#12408;&#12496;&#12483;&#12463;&#12450;&#12483;&#12503;&#12377;&#12427;&#12539;&#12539;&#12539;&#65297;&#65298;&#26376;&#19979;&#26092;&#12398;&#12450;&#12483;&#12503;&#12487;&#12540;&#12488;&#12391;&#21487;&#33021;&#12395;&#12394;&#12426;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;

yep, very good news! i am glad our petition did something and he noticed! i can finally enjoy gran turismo 5!!

i will buy the game and leave it sealed till the patch to remove the copy lock is released, if it is not then it goes straight back to the shop, but if he is true to his word the game stays yay!

I'm sure they will implement another kind of lock into the patch but will give us users the ability to back it up onto another ps3 system. (hoping)*

it will be PSN ID locked so only your account can use the save file! and you can backup to a usb pen drive! this is how it should have been in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back