Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Liking the angle.
Stepping back a bit, I *love* your GT-R portrait from post 18 - brilliant work, looks like a press shot! I must create a custom track for myself to try, Tuscany is so very picturesque!

Since I can't stop changing the colour of my Fiat 500 in this game, I've decided to make a little update of it. The car was originally Bossa Nova White, with gold wheels. It was then painted Midnight Purple with the same gold wheels, before I gave it this striking paintjob! I finished off the look with off white wheels and I'm finally happy with it. No doubt it'll change again soon though. Or maybe I'll start collecting different colours of 500....

Orange

Click to enlarge images

Love the color on it! Has a nice "sunburst" feel to it. What is that location again and how do you unlock it? I've been wanting that one for a while. Always gives a nice realistic look.

Love the color on it! Has a nice "sunburst" feel to it. What is that location again and how do you unlock it? I've been wanting that one for a while. Always gives a nice realistic look.

Thanks RG! The location name I can't remember, but you unlock it by completing the Japanese Classic Car series in the Beginner section. It produces some very nice lighting and casts great reflections on the cars too. 👍

That orange Fiat is hot!! On the 2nd shot, great details all over. The exaust and the rims are looking good!! Love the colour tones too, and the lightning is on the spot 👍

well done buddy :)

Very nice work. I need to get around to unlocking that location... first I need a car to actually do the series.

If memory serves me correctly don't you own a real 500?

Again with you and the 500? :lol:

I'm liking the orange (as well as the pictures themselves) I need to pick one of these up.

Nice shots of the 500. I particularly like the first one, the colours and vibrancy work really well.

Hehehe I love the little titanium racing exhaust. :P
Nice colours too, some of the best shots I've seen out of that location!

Very nice work. I need to get around to unlocking that location... first I need a car to actually do the series.

If memory serves me correctly don't you own a real 500?

I do yes, it's in my signature! That's why I'm so obsessed with it in this game! :lol:

Again with you and the 500? :lol:

I'm liking the orange (as well as the pictures themselves) I need to pick one of these up.

Yup, another 500 update! It was the first car I bought after picking my starter car! Thanks for the feedback :)

GPR
Nice shots of the 500. I particularly like the first one, the colours and vibrancy work really well.

Thanks! I wanted to keep the car looking funky :)

Nice touch on the lighting adjustments. 👍

Thanks, I think they suit the location quite well.

Hehehe I love the little titanium racing exhaust. :P
Nice colours too, some of the best shots I've seen out of that location!

Hehe yeah the exhausts are brilliant! I want them on my real car!

Muscle

2.0 Advanced Week 4 entry:

Click to enlarge

And a bonus wallpaper for you, it should be big enough to be resized to fit every screen unless you're running a monster system!

Like I said on my entry post, I absolutely adore the 2.0 shot! Takes me back to the days of GT4! I remember seeing a few motion photo travel shots that PD released but that feature was scrapped I guess. Great job on both shots Mog!

Holy photomode batman! That is one awesome phototravel shot. The angle, colour, crispness and of course motion blur is all top notch.

How did you achieve the blur, if you don't mind me asking. My guess is two shots comp'd, can't see how else really.

Anyway well done sir, yet again a quality post.

GPR
Holy photomode batman! That is one awesome phototravel shot. The angle, colour, crispness and of course motion blur is all top notch.

How did you achieve the blur, if you don't mind me asking. My guess is two shots comp'd, can't see how else really.

Anyway well done sir, yet again a quality post.

Thanks! The blur was done by using the same method as used in the GT4 days. I selected the car, created a new layer with it on, then made another layer using the background from around the car.

I then used the surrounding buildings and kerbs to draw 2 red lines to the vanishing point and dragged vertical and horizontal guides to that point. I then selected the background layer (the one with the car cut out of it) and used the selection tool to select the top half of the image above the vanishing point.

I then applied Radial Blur set to 10, Best quality and 'Zoom'. I repeated this on the bottom section, tidied up the car edges and merged the layers back together.

Voila! Blurred background. :)

Thanks! The blur was done by using the same method as used in the GT4 days. I selected the car, created a new layer with it on, then made another layer using the background from around the car.

I then used the surrounding buildings and kerbs to draw 2 red lines to the vanishing point and dragged vertical and horizontal guides to that point. I then selected the background layer (the one with the car cut out of it) and used the selection tool to select the top half of the image above the vanishing point.

I then applied Radial Blur set to 10, Best quality and 'Zoom'. I repeated this on the bottom section, tidied up the car edges and merged the layers back together.

Voila! Blurred background. :)

Sweet, thanks for that. I half figured out the process in my head but didn't think about radial zoom blur (even though I am familiar with that filter), now that you've pointed it out it makes ovbious sense.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with next. :)

Very nice entry, your classic style and quality.

Thanks! I was a bit worried about getting photos looking right in GT5 since everyone else was doing super sharp and clear images but I think this latest update combines that with more of my traditional style.

I mentioned in the 2.0 thread, but that photomode entry is great! So clean. :)

Thanks Rev! :)

GPR
Sweet, thanks for that. I half figured out the process in my head but didn't think about radial zoom blur (even though I am familiar with that filter), now that you've pointed it out it makes ovbious sense.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with next. :)

It's one of those things that you might not even consider at first but it works very well! I believe in always trying to do something new, even back in the GT4 days that was true. I'll continue to try new things in the hope that they will work!

I like the lighting in number two.

Thanks for the feedback, I was pleased with the lighting too, it's a great location for any car.

Back