Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Loving both of the Charger shots. I think I'm going to do a wallpaper series. 👍

*Has been inspired* :D

I love the wallpaper one. It shows lots of detail and I like how mean it looks.
Nice to see you put time to do motion blur. I think you should blur the reflection as well and I don't think it is too hard to accomplish.

Just had the chance to check out your gallery for the first time (after reading your comment in mine, I had to come see your work), and I am seriously impressed. That's an amazing sky in #18, and the pair of shots in #43 show a real solid understanding of graphic design elements. I love how you're not afraid of portrait mode, either - not a lot of folks use that aspect to their advantage. Excellent work on the motion blur in #82, and I appreciate your explanation of how you did it as well. And you're spot-on about adding a touch of noise - I've seen it in yours, and Revolution's shots, and it makes the images look that much more real. I'll have to give it a go - though probably not with my HDR work. :)

Looks great!

That Charger looks really Fast&Furious 👍

That's exactly the look I was going for!

Loving both of the Charger shots. I think I'm going to do a wallpaper series. 👍

*Has been inspired* :D

I'm glad I could inspire someone with so much talent!

I love the wallpaper one. It shows lots of detail and I like how mean it looks.
Nice to see you put time to do motion blur. I think you should blur the reflection as well and I don't think it is too hard to accomplish.

I did try a bit of motion blur on the reflections but I've yet to find a method that looks realistic enough for me to use in a whole photo!

Just had the chance to check out your gallery for the first time (after reading your comment in mine, I had to come see your work), and I am seriously impressed. That's an amazing sky in #18, and the pair of shots in #43 show a real solid understanding of graphic design elements. I love how you're not afraid of portrait mode, either - not a lot of folks use that aspect to their advantage. Excellent work on the motion blur in #82, and I appreciate your explanation of how you did it as well. And you're spot-on about adding a touch of noise - I've seen it in yours, and Revolution's shots, and it makes the images look that much more real. I'll have to give it a go - though probably not with my HDR work. :)

Thanks for taking the time to return the feedback! The graphic design elements are probably showing through due to how long I spent doing my degree in it! I ended up with a BA (Hons) in Advertising Design but haven't really put it to use in the industry yet :( As for portrait mode, I absolutely love using it. Compositions just seem a lot nicer using portrait!

Really like the way you caught this one Mog.

As for the Challenger. One word.

Stunning!

Hehe, thanks! I do love my Challenger!

That looks amazing. Looks like there's a hint of grain filter in a few of your shots, but it's not overly done and gives it a vintage photograph look. Nice touch. 👍

Thanks, I do apply a grain filter to a lot of my photos, I feel that they look a little too 'rendered' without it!

To the tunnel....

This shot actually has a little bit of HDR editing carried out on it, albeit very subtle. I tried to keep the car looking as natural as possible though.

Click to enlarge

Thanks! I was very pleased with my first visit to that tunnel :lol:

Bonus Christmas update!

Merry Christmas my fellow GTPers! Another HDR photo, again very subtle but I really like the effect it gives the photo. I think doing it this way works a lot better than going OTT about it!

Click to enlarge

and incase people miss it, here's the photo from the previous page;

This shot actually has a little bit of HDR editing carried out on it, albeit very subtle. I tried to keep the car looking as natural as possible though.

Last edited:
Wow Moglet. That's all i've got. Brilliant.

I'm curious though. You seem to be using low amount of noise in your photos. Why is that? I think i read somewhere on this forum that noise gives the photo a more lifelike appearance but when i look at real photographs i rarely see any noise.
I'm not criticizing your work, i'm just curious at your thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:
Those two shots are quite beautiful Mog!! The one at the tunel has a great camera, good depht of field 👍

Happy Holidays :)

To the tunnel....

The best kind of HDR is the HDR you can't tell is there. Very well done, Moglet - looks like something I'd see in a TV commercial!

The first shot still gives me a hint of HDR-ish (the halos around the shadows), but the second images is brilliant and as sixtoes said, subtle, almost non-existent HDR, is in fact the best HDR to look at. Well, being a night/interior/dark shot helps at this effect.

Hope you had a great Christmas! Both shots are stunning and edited to perfection! Last shot could easily be in a magazine or a still from a car commercial!

Wow Moglet. That's all i've got. Brilliant.

I'm curious though. You seem to be using low amount of noise in your photos. Why is that? I think i read somewhere on this forum that noise gives the photo a more lifelike appearance but when i look at real photographs i rarely see any noise.
I'm not criticizing your work, i'm just curious at your thoughts on the subject.

I tend to use a low amount of noise in my photos because without it, the photos from the game can look a bit too artificial and rendered. I need to cut down on using it a bit but if you look at a real photo, there are imperfections and areas that are noisier than others due to the way a sensor works. The noise I use isn't meant to replicate real life, it's just used to give the image a bit more 'messiness'.

NTX
Those two shots are quite beautiful Mog!! The one at the tunel has a great camera, good depht of field 👍

Happy Holidays :)

Thanks, I decided to show the entire tunnel instead of making it fade out like most people tend to have done. :)

The best kind of HDR is the HDR you can't tell is there. Very well done, Moglet - looks like something I'd see in a TV commercial!

Thanks sixtoes! Looking back, it does look a little like an advert :lol:

The first shot still gives me a hint of HDR-ish (the halos around the shadows), but the second images is brilliant and as sixtoes said, subtle, almost non-existent HDR, is in fact the best HDR to look at. Well, being a night/interior/dark shot helps at this effect.

Those aren't halos around the shadows, they are areas where the light is beaming through the trees and causing lighter sections than the shadows! It does look a bit like a halo effect though....

Hope you had a great Christmas! Both shots are stunning and edited to perfection! Last shot could easily be in a magazine or a still from a car commercial!

Thanks RG!

I like second shot ;)
It looks very real

Thankyou for your feedback :)

Revolution's Lambo

A huge thankyou goes out to Revolution for gifting me such an awesome machine! As promised, I took it straight out for a photoshoot;

Click any thumbnail to enlarge it

Some old standard model polaroids I found lying around...

Click to enlarge

Really nice pics.

If it's not a secret, how do you get that polaroid efect? I came prety close after changing the photo to multichannel in Photoshop but then I could not save it as a Jepg. I'm guessing you're maybe just messing with the image adjutments variations settings. I dont care about the noise.

Last edited:
Lovely lambo shots and I adore the polaroids! The images themselves look perfectly dated! I maybe would have grunged up the polaroid itself to complete the look and not be so perfectly white and clean, but that's extra work, not needed really. My favorite would have to be the top right countach shot. The tone and muddy noise is perfect. I seem to be using that word a lot when describing your shots lol.

On post 111, that first shot of the Lamborghini (lucky guy!) is gorgeous - where was that shot? The lighting is just sublime. (I can see just a hint of texture, but nothing in the reflections give away the spot...)

I love your use of noise and desaturation (not to mention the cool Polaroid frame) for your standard model shots. There are so many vehicles that I'd love to shoot - but so far, I've only worked with premiums... I think you've given me a little inspiration! 💡 Besides, it'll give me a break from my 5-shot bracket, 4-car HDR composite monstrosities!! :crazy:

Ooh, supercool. Lovely work - They've all got a dark, moody feel to them, suits the Lambo I think :) My favourite verde ithaca really pops too, love what you've done with it :) First picture especially is great!

The polaroids are cool too, I love the old 500. My uncle has an old Cinquecento in white, it's an awesome little car!

I truly am a fan of all your artwork, since GT4, through your real world photography and now GT5. The Lambo pictures are gorgeous and these Polaroid ones are really well represented, they look so old. Really amazing stuff. 👍

Those aren't halos around the shadows, they are areas where the light is beaming through the trees and causing lighter sections than the shadows! It does look a bit like a halo effect though....

I know there are light spots beaming around the trees. It is the front shadow block I was talking about (inside and around the car shadow).

Woah haven't been on ther forums for a week and wow some good stuff is going on. Very nice work on the C63 mog, love it.

The Gallardo looks sweet, I like the first shot best. And the polaroids are really good too, they look funny but in good way if you know what I mean. Nice way to mix things up. 👍

Back