Indy 500

• Thread starter DomTec
  • 0 comments
Dom
Completed Indy 500 this morning, driving the MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V I’ve ended up with a total time of 2h 21min 01.95 sec. Although rather boring to complete, the race produced some interesting stats:
Average Speed: 219.29 mph (!)
Total Fuel Consumption: 575 Liter / 159.89 (US-) Gallons (Refueled a total of 505 Liters & Estimated 70 Liters after the race)
Fuel Economy: 71.47 L:100 km / 3.29 mpg (I hope no Greenpeace activist is going to read this…LOL)
Fastest lap time 38.621 in Lap 170
Power loss during race: 16 BHP (1007 BHP before, 991 BHP after the race)

I’ve chosen the 88C-V because (in my opinion) it is a good compromise between being speedy and relative comfortable to drive. Although the FGT can lap faster, it also comes with a very “nervous” handling, not suited for endurance racing. I also opted for a conservative setup with a bit of extra downforce, improving the cars’ handling in the process, but compromising the top speed due to increased drag.

Although I’m quite pleased having toped the 200 mph in average barrier, I’m wondering whether a slower but less thirsty car would have achieved a faster overall time. Any experience?

Back