Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,588 comments
Today I've seen a Bentley Arnage on my way to school. No photo, sorry.
Last august though, there was a wedding (I think) in my neighbourhood and a group of interesting cars were there:
http://img843.imageshack.us/i/img1348v.jpg/ - later, two white Phantoms drove (no photos, sorry)
Lately, I've seen R8 V10 Spyder driving with roof down (late November)

Auto Union 1000 S Coupé (post facelift)

au1000s.jpg

au1000s2.jpg

Wow, awesome!!! I once found two of these abadoned and neglected but those were DKWs, as Auto Union never made it here. They were pre-facelift also, a bit older than these, and they are some of the rarest cars I've ever come across in Mexico, having only ever seen those two. I never knew they were also sold as Auto Unions!

Highlights from Friday and today.

Friday:

DBS:
DSC02835.jpg

F430 Spider:
DSC02839.jpg

E-Type V12:
DSC02841.jpg

Brooklands:
DSC02844.jpg

Defender:
DSC02845.jpg

Today:

Maybach 62 downtown:
DSC02847.jpg

Raptor downtown:
DSC02850.jpg

R8:
DSC02852.jpg

Aston Martin Lagonda:
DSC02856.jpg

MC Sport Line:
DSC02858.jpg

SuperSports:
DSC02860.jpg

2 GranTurismo's:
DSC02861.jpg

Arnage:
DSC02865.jpg

458:
DSC02868.jpg

Rapide:
DSC02869.jpg

Brooklands:
DSC02844.jpg

Is it just me or does the chrome grill surround look a bit out of place on the car? Outside of the mirrors, there is no chrome on the rest of the car and because of that, the chrome grill surround looks odd.

This is also probably the first picture I have seen of a Bentley with the Flying B hood ornament.

I never knew they were also sold as Auto Unions!

The cars from the 1000 Series were the only ones directly branded as Auto Union.
The DKW you saw was propably the predecessor DKW 3=6. They look almost the same.

Second post in this thread, hope you all like it :sly:

This was a day trip to London last month, only just got round to posting...

Mercedes CL63 AMG

IMG_0334.jpg

Bentley Flying Spur

IMG_0332.jpg

Bentley Arnage Red Label

IMG_0331.jpg

Maybach 57S

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

IMG_0326.jpg

New Camaro on foreign plates, same car spotted in two different places!

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Rolls Royce Phantom

IMG_0318.jpg

Another Bentley Flying Spur

IMG_0317.jpg

Ferrari 355 Spider I think?

IMG_0313.jpg

New Jaguar XJ L

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Another Rolls Royce Phantom

IMG_0311.jpg

Porshce Carrera 4S

IMG_0303.jpg

Audi R8 V10, Bentley Continental GT

IMG_0342.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder

IMG_0336.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni :drool:

IMG_0335.jpg

And finally, a brand new Aston Martin Cygnet. On display in one of the many front windows of Harrods department store :crazy: First one of these in the thread maybe?

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

^That is so anti-Aston Martin.

I saw an open Morgan today waiting in a bottleneck traffic jam.
It was actually caused by it since the cars in front didn't start when the green turned on but instead where gazing it.

^That is so anti-Aston Martin.

I saw an open Morgan today waiting in a bottleneck traffic jam.
It was actually caused by it since the cars in front didn't start when the green turned on but instead where gazing it.

Indeed it is, but they've made it because of a new piece of legislation saying that car manufacturers have to have an average CO2 out put of xxx amount. (I don't know what it is..) You can't buy one unless you already own an Aston as far as I know.

Companies like Bugatti get away with it because they are owned by VW.. who make small, economical, less polluting cars like the Polo and Golf etc.

Aston only make expensive highly polluting cars so they had to offset that somehow. I think I'd have preferred an electric DB9 than this to be honest, it'd probably be very popular in Hollywood much like the Prius!

It's funny isn't it? At the end of the day we may have negligible effect on the rise of CO2 as some recent studies show and the whole global warming being a natural progression.

If I was Aston Martin I'd start a new brand for economical cars such as that Cygnet for not dilluting the established name. Now, with that econobox sporting the Aston badge, ouch!

Some stuff from the last two weeks. It's taken me awhile to get it on here.

12/15:

360 Spider at the local Sam's Club:
DSC02877.jpg

12/18:

MC Sport Line:
DSC02882.jpg

F430 Spider:
DSC02883.jpg

Viper:
DSC02885.jpg

SLR:
DSC02887.jpg

Drophead:
DSC02888.jpg

Real deal F355 Challenge:
DSC02893.jpg

12/19:

512M and NSX:
DSC02899.jpg

ZR1:
DSC02900.jpg

Gallardo:
DSC02901.jpg

Daytona Replica:
DSC02903.jpg

Rolls Royce Coupe:
DSC02909.jpg

Defender 90:
DSC02910.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but the 512M looks huge compared to the NSX.

DSC02899.jpg

that's some couple...

ok, lets post a little stuff, now that I have some time.

First off this little early Bluebird Datsun that lives nearby work, the thing is nicely appointed with a low stance and red steelies, and it's for sale... pity I dont have any money now...
020.jpg

121.jpg

Near work I also caught this Copa Mustang race car in a trailer... these things were fiberglass over a tube chasis as you can clearly see, and wore Windsor power, they were cool to wacth but the series did not last long...
118.jpg

A 1969 Mustang I barely managed to catch, as when I finished taking these pictures the guy took off. I could get a picture of it going.
123.jpg

124.jpg

Check out the twin-Webber arrangement of this thing. The rest of the car is cool with BBSs, euro taillights and that freaking blue.
129.jpg

a nice 5.0 Mustang ragtop with black wheels. Believe it or not, certain late-model Fox bodies are rare here because they were never sold officially in Mexico, and no ragtop models whatsoever.
134.jpg

sad but true, one of the rarest cars I have ever found in here, a Yugo! I've never seen one since.
136.jpg

Check out all the custom stuff in this poor F100 Panel that was receiving some bodywork when I got the picture. late-model front bumpwer, VW Bug overfender turn signals and THOSE taillights. I never saw how it came out, but it was bad enough already.
139.jpg

A pretty well preserved Renault 12 Routhiere in awesome blue and with the bulge on the hood, which, as far as I remember, meant that the car had some extras... but I dont really remember what was it. A 2-liter engine, maybe?
albarrada002.jpg

Under that tarp lies a 1955 Chevy with side pipes and reversed chrome steel wheels.
albarrada003.jpg

How do I know? I latter got a picture of it unwrapped. Sad shape.
albarrada01.jpg

This 1957 Chevrolet picukp sports subtle ghost flames in the hood but has been abandoned for the best part of six years.
albarrada036.jpg

In fact, it is now sitting in it's frame, with no wheels or tires to speak of.
albarrada0037.jpg

I really like this model year Monaco (1974 I think) with the retractable headlamp doors. This one was pretty decent but who knows if the vacuum mecanis of such doors still works... or if it even still has them. These things are incredibly plush, it's like you're riding in a cloud. Scary in the corners, too.
albarrada004.jpg

A crashed 1964 Dart that is otherwise in good shape. These cars are a rare sight in here, but I dont really know why. As far as I understand, they sold pretty well.
albarrada006.jpg

random 1969 Galaxie wagon... these things are common here, but not wagons. It seemed pretty restoreable, it's a pity these cars dont bring the same interest level as the earlier cars.
albarrada009.jpg

Let's see a bit of rice, this poor custom-crapped Fiest was thumping some crap music that made me look it's way. When I pointed the camera the guy saw me and waved hi... I wonder if he knew I was laughing like a maniac inside...
135.jpg

what you did not know is that VW and BMW merged in the mid-00s to produce this thing. That, or the guy just bough one of those ever-popular (sadly) BMW grilles from Automagic for his stupid Pointer/Gol. The rest of the car is just as bad.
138.jpg

This thing made me smile. From a distance it looked quite serious, but once you came closer the thing just fell on it's knees. The crowning touch are the Civic wheels.
albarrada008.jpg

here goes. Some more soon.

Specter Wereks GTR, ZR1, Z06

IMG_0001-28.jpg

New Focus

IMG_0003-24.jpg

CRZ

IMG_0004-31.jpg

New Charger

IMG_0005-21.jpg

Rolls that hasn't moved in years, my dream rally car :D

IMG_0007-17.jpg

STi

IMG_0010-15.jpg

Roush F150 all decked out in Red Wing colors

IMG_0011-5.jpg

Miata with a hardtop

IMG_0013-6.jpg

Yeah the new Charger's have been revealed already. For that to have camo and big wheels, it's probably an SRT.

Some stuff from yesterday and today:

Yesterday:

BRG Vantage:
DSC02930.jpg

R8 V10:
DSC02931.jpg

Tonight:

Vantage Roadster:
DSC02932.jpg

Gallardo Superleggera with a missing badge:
DSC02933.jpg

Drophead:
DSC02936.jpg

Testarossa:
DSC02939.jpg

I know I'm not going to get believed for this...

But I saw a Ferrari 330 P4 outside our local gas station a few weeks ago, I'm imagining it was a replica, though it sounded and looked like the real thing, so it could've been.

Spotted in Bramhall - UK.

I'm going to start this post with the rarest car I've seen on the road, an Ascari Ecosse. Only 17 were made, and it is believed that there are only 9 or 10 left. I have spotted this exact car before (I think I mentioned it in this thread sometime last year) but I didn't have a camera with me.
carspottingcoffs001.jpg

carspottingcoffs002.jpg

carspottingcoffs003.jpg

Next up is something at the complete opposite end of the scale, an Alfasud. The surprising thing is that it hasn't rusted away yet, especially as it is in a coastal town.
carspottingcoffs004.jpg

This lovely Thunderbird almost caught me by surprise when it drove past
carspottingcoffs007.jpg

Almost missed out on this Jaguar XJR Convertible, however I was lucky that my new camera takes massive pictures.
carspottingcoffs005.jpg

Anyone for rice? This CRX Del Sol had Mugen badges, but I'm not sure exactly what part of the car was tuned by Mugen. It definately wasn't those rims though.
carspottingcoffs006.jpg

A Pulsar GTI-R parked outside McDonalds. The rims, as with the Del Sol, completely ruin the looks of the car.
carspottingcoffs008.jpg

Back