Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
I love the first two shots, for a mix of reasons. With the two main reasons being:

*I love the Ginetta Cup.
*Composure

Well... the right use for tilt-shift on the second photo! And like the first one!

You have no idea how much it annoys me when people use the tilt shift filter for normal photos :lol: Thanks for your feedback

I love the first two shots, for a mix of reasons. With the two main reasons being:

*I love the Ginetta Cup.
*Composure

Thanks for visiting Jamie!

Wow, thanks! To be honest, I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near as good as a lot of the members on here but I'm glad people like my work :)

A natural response from a Winner. I'm not flattering you, that's the truth.

Name some other members that you feel are better than you at photography.
I personally would like to know so I have a direction to go when I want to look at good photos. There is just too many galleries at GTP right now.... I know of you, Atlop, TVR&FF, Suzq, Swiss, Cod, and a few other pre-GT5 members.
No offence to other photographers out there, IMO I'm seeing a ton of photos that aren't as good as others (be it cropping, composition, lighting, lack of a focal point, etc).

These are the galleries I often go to for inspiration off the top of my head:

Sejtur
Bram Turismo
GPR
SVX
TVR&FerrariFan
krakozyabr
sixtoes
GT5Photographer
RetroGiant
Sprite
atlop
Gtuned
Revolution
SlipzStrem
chromatic9
Fyshokid

I probably missed a few out but those are the ones that spring to mind. As for being better or worse, I'd say that for genuinely exciting ideas and sheer volume of updates without losing any quality, all of those above have me beat!

I think you're far too modest Mog, for me you're in my top 5 best on here. Whether it's to do with me liking your style personally I don't know but even with the small updates you do, they are always great and very well presented.

Just overall quality and approach and finish is quite professional in my mind. But I can see where you're coming from as I often don't think much of myself either especially when there's a handful of talent seemingly always putting out class stuff.

Wow that brought out Mog the photographer rather than the Editor ,Simply brilliant and the use of blur is something that I will definatley learn from 👍

You are too kind and too modest my friend. Your work with colors and composure, your vision of car and vision of colors matching perfectly the composition and the car itself are incredible. Your shots make me always think "Ha! That's how this car should be done!"

Many of the locations and cars I want to photo make me stuck... I simply don't know how to make a really interesting shot, inspiration is an interesting thing. But you did it perfectly (If everyone saw the ad of Fiat 500 with your photo of it I think the sales growth would be unbelievable) and your gallery is always pleasure to look at, because I know I'll find here some perfect, unique and classy stunning work! Thank you, I didn't think i deserve mentioning inthis list and keep it up! You're defenitely one of the best here and I'm very eager to see more works from you! 👍

Last edited:
Ahh that's very flattering Mog! :embarrassed: I already said in an update that I was really inspired by your Gallardo shot, but it's not only that one. Alot of your pics are very perfectionist, and I really like that. With alot of pics I think something like: "how can he get those colors out of this game??" And also, your editing skills are really advanced. You manage to get very natural colors and not overdoing it like I feel I do most of the time. It looks really controlled. I guess that is where our styles differ the most hehe. :crazy:

You're too modest Mog. Easily one of the best galleries and very classy edits. I just hope you keep going. 👍

And, I don't belong on that list, but thanks.

I think as a community, we all take inspiration from each other in some way or another. Which in the end is a good thing, seeing how it spurs everyone on to improve.

A huge thankyou to everyone who has visited and for all of the compliments! I'm finding my way a lot more in GT5 now and I'm enjoying photomode more and more.

With that in mind, here is what would have been my 2.0 entry:

2.0 Retro 'Entry'

Click to enlarge

Thankfully you can't enter to give the rest of us lot a chance :sly: Love it Mog you have got the whole Retro thing to an Art .

Nice. The faded colour tone is perfect, as is the composition. I rather like the way the pavement fades to black towards the bottom of the image. I'll have to get to work for this week's 2.0, see what I can come up with for Vintage :)

Wow Mog, I'm speechless. You actually go to my gallery for inspiration? Thank you so much!

This update is amazing, too. I like how you've captured the leaves falling.

Great Procession on the Mach 1. Haha I think the competitors should be relieved you're not entered. :scared:

You're way too modest Mog, thanks for the credit, but I get just as much inspiration from you as you do from me haha

I love your retro entry so much. It's kinda like a manga cover involving Yakuza. Totally badass!
Too bad you are the theme picker, or you will destroy the competition again :P

Ginetta update is nice, i think the miniature shot is pretty funny. The colours on the GT-R are indeed verry cool, all white 'n red, pretty cool!
(Plz visit if you have the time)

What kind of car is that? :P

Nice job. Love the processing.

Thanks C_F, it means a lot coming from someone as 'veteran' as you!

Thankfully you can't enter to give the rest of us lot a chance :sly: Love it Mog you have got the whole Retro thing to an Art .

:lol: It pained me to not be able to enter!
Thanks for the feedback, I love doing these retro style shots.

Nice. The faded colour tone is perfect, as is the composition. I rather like the way the pavement fades to black towards the bottom of the image. I'll have to get to work for this week's 2.0, see what I can come up with for Vintage :)

Thanks Rev! The location seems to work well with fading darkness and light.

SVX
Wow Mog, I'm speechless. You actually go to my gallery for inspiration? Thank you so much!

This update is amazing, too. I like how you've captured the leaves falling.

I gather inspiration from many places, including other galleries. Yours is one of them. 👍

Great Procession on the Mach 1. Haha I think the competitors should be relieved you're not entered. :scared:

You're way too modest Mog, thanks for the credit, but I get just as much inspiration from you as you do from me haha

Thanks for the kind words! It's good to see that people can inspire each other in this forum.

Awesome picture for your 2.0 Entry!

Thanks Pointguard!

I love your retro entry so much. It's kinda like a manga cover involving Yakuza. Totally badass!
Too bad you are the theme picker, or you will destroy the competition again :P

I actually stumbled across that look by accident! The leaves falling definitely help it, I think. It's bizarre for such a car to fit in at that location.

Ginetta update is nice, i think the miniature shot is pretty funny. The colours on the GT-R are indeed verry cool, all white 'n red, pretty cool!
(Plz visit if you have the time)

Thanks Ghertel, I will try and visit soon, I've been stupidly busy lately unfortunately. :(

Alfa 8C Simplicity & Recent Contest Entries

I decided to take my pearl white Alfa to a beautiful photo spot. I hope you like it, I've been very busy lately and have only just had time to take these shots!

Please click to enlarge

BONUS!Alfa Romeo 8C Wallpaper (2mb file, 3000 x 1688)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Rejected 2.0 & PMC Entries

2.0 Advanced - Click to enlarge

PMC - Click to enlarge

------------------------------------------------------------------

Final 2.0 & PMC Entries
I feel like these both improved over my originals.

2.0 Advanced - Click to enlarge, it's worth it with this one!

PMC - Click to enlarge

That Alfa shot :crazy: That's very beatutiful.. I wonder, how do you keep that great quality with all that editing in color balance and stuff. My pics allways gets a bit ugly in places when I apply some of modifications. Even when I open the pic with PS, it says that picture is damaged or something like that. Weird. Anyway, you are much better than me and I enjoy visiting your gallery. Keep it up, man ;)

That Alfa shot :crazy: That's very beatutiful.. I wonder, how do you keep that great quality with all that editing in color balance and stuff. My pics allways gets a bit ugly in places when I apply some of modifications. Even when I open the pic with PS, it says that picture is damaged or something like that. Weird. Anyway, you are much better than me and I enjoy visiting your gallery. Keep it up, man ;)

Thanks! I too get the 'Damaged Data' Photoshop message, but it doesn't seem to affect my images in any way so I'm not too concerned really. As for the compression in photos with modifications, it's all about subtlety.

Making major changes to the contrast and the colour balance will result in issues (blocky areas and bad textures) and so will trying to lighten areas that aren't light. I adjust my images by using multiple layers and adjusting them very carefully using tiny amounts of adjustment. Colours are edited using about 6-7 layers of adjustments, each one very subtle and barely visible. When complete though, the effect is clear. It also helps that I applied the '2x magnification' setting in Photo Travel to that shot, to render it in a huge size giving me a file size well above 2mb!

I'm also experimenting with a new technique that really makes the cars 'pop' and appear more realistic. It's all about lighting and again, subtle adjustments that make a big difference overall. If you have any particular questions about any of the images please feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to reply. Thanks again for visiting!

Right, that's what I thought! I always change things a bit drastically. However, I will certainly try your technique with subtle changes! I was always a bit in a rush with these GT5 pics, so didn't think about causes of pics damage. Thanks for your advices! And goodluck with your new technique. I believe it will bring us even more awesome pictures! 👍

Yes, Alfa is amazing. And I don't have this "corrupted data", but for the first steps of editing I use Lightroom and only then Photoshop.
About your effects technics - I see grain, desaturation, contrast, color range, clarity, vigneting. But I'm not sure about how you do that smooth color of the car... is that glow or smth else?)

Yeah, the Alfa is truly gorgeous. The picture looks like it is an oil painting. not the texture of it, but the colors. It's not realistic in the sense you can't see those colors in the real world with your eyeballs, but it's a representation of life, interpreted through a painter. That goes with most of the other edited stuff you do.

I hate car posters, I think it's a cliche. but that alfa is a photo taken in a game which borderlines art and I would gladly put it on my wall. big fan here.

Latest Posts

Back