Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
I actually like the normal PMC shot a bit more....
But regardless of that, your shot destroyed the motivation of everyone who has and will post in this weeks PMC! lol:drool:

Awesome job, yet again!👍

Fantastic HDR! Like the angle, as well. Entries are very good quality too!

That may be the first time I've ever seen an HDR rework look less saturated than the non-HDR version. Very well done! 👍

Love this image! Is there some kind of tut that'd give me a similar effect or was this just frestyle?

It was freestyle using a selection of brush packs. Combine custom brushes with the clone tool and you can get some great effects!

That 500 picture is really nice! Great detail and tone. But seriously, how much 500's do you have? :P

I think I have 6, and my girlfriend has a pink one too. :lol: I'm going to do a huge montage of them all soon.

It was freestyle using a selection of brush packs. Combine custom brushes with the clone tool and you can get some great effects!

Ah Thanks:idea:! Never thought to use the clone tool in this way with a custom shaped brush:dunce:!

Thanks for the tip! :P

Hot Lexus HDR

Another HDR. A subtle HDR for a mad, flaming hot car! I decided to balance the subtlety of the HDR with some wild tones and an extreme angle to suit the styling of the car.

Click to enlarge

what colour paint

Realism

I've been playing around with trying to get realistic shots lately, some have worked but some have been a bit too artificial looking for my tastes. Here they are anyway, all at full size:

gtr1d.jpg

scooby1cb.jpg

scooby2m.jpg

scooby3cx.jpg

The shot of the GTR above was also a rejected 2.0 entry:

Click to enlarge

Here's the final 2.0 entry:

Click to enlarge

and my 2.0 Week 15 entry too:

Click for full size

Let me know what you think 👍

Haven't stopped by here in quite some time but I really like the Supra shot.

Nice angle, color blend is seamless, and I can't stop staring at it. :D

I think there is just a certain amount of.. weird shadowing that doesn't really help shooting cars in the shadows in GT5 for a realistic feel. It's like the artificially added light when there is darkness? I'm sure you know what I mean but shooting in the shadows is difficult to get good results.

Great shots otherwise 👍

Not bad Mog, it is tricky though to get proper realism out of GT5 most of the time. I think they work fairly well though. But really the games not quite at the right level yet to achieve ultra realism.

Tell me your secret to getting so good pics :(

Fantastic shots, Mog 👍

Last edited:
Mog love the GTR and Supra shots, definitely going a long way to achieving realism.

Trying out a new style!

As you may have noticed, my avatar and gallery logo have changed to something a bit more modern and up to date. I'm still figuring out what to do with my image signature but I'm sure I'll get there in the end. For now, here's my PMC Week 17 entry:

Click to enlarge

Last edited:
I like the preview image and the image itself! Cross-processing is kind of hard to work with. :crazy: Maybe you could put a tiny border around the preview image?

Thanks c_f! I'm trying to go for a minimalist look with it at the minute, but I'm also working on something else that suits my style a lot more so it might not stay!

EDIT: Decided to change it after all. I didn't want to get too fancy.

Last edited:
Back