Kazunori talking about mx5's,skylines..

• Thread starter sk0pe
  • 110 comments

sk0pe

(Banned)
sk0pe_420
And heaps more in this interview by Playstation Chronicle..
Kazunori-San answered a WHOLE bunch of community submitted questions, awesome stuff.

I can't copy and paste it in here as it's an online magazine(free no subscription,just click and open) and the only thing you can do is turn page or zoom.
The magazine is in the first post of the link, click the little big planet picture in the post if you have trouble figuring it out for yourself..http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3409863?start=0&tstart=0

Points covered in Interview.
- Working on premium cars and tracks
- Why many variations of some car's are included,thinks there are too many now.
- Memory restrictions for headtracking etc...
- Talks about tracks that were left out and says along the lines of "Midfield? Really you want midfield? Well it can be made. "
- Exactly why GT5 took so long.
- What makes an acceptable vehicle for use in GT,speed,style or cost?
- Says he wants players to be able to do endurance race's together via online etc.. and has wanted that from the start and he has been frustrated it hasn't been able to have been incorporated as of yet...
- Talks License fee's
- Says FIA and DTM were going to be included like nascar's premium glory but had to be pulled for time.

Also a bit more but have a read for yourself, it's a good read :)

Last edited:
Excellent article.
banana.gif

rotfl.gif

Last edited:
Finally, he admits there are too many useless variations of Skylines and Miatas. I'm a bit surprised to be honest. :lol:

Last edited:
Very interesting read, thanks a lot. 👍

I'm just sad that no one asked him directly about standard to premium conversions. Overall, a very nice and frank interview.

I like his answer about GT6. Even though his answer is completely inbetween, I'm almost certain it will not be released on PS3, which is good.

I'm surprised he now sees the problem with too many of generally the same cars, but lets hope he removes many of the ones that made no real impact.

you know, Mister Kaz. isnt the end all be all decision maker. If it was up to him we would of had a lot longer wait than we had (believe me i waited a long time for this game lol). Investors and Money speak more than actions, and rightfully so. I just hope in the future we can all experience GT series to be what it has always been. Although I hate to admit there are other studios that are trying to take the title for the best racing game out there. Its competition that makes the world go round. I do love "other" games for what they bring to the table...But i will always have a place in my heart for the GT franchise, for what its worth.

Ahh.. nice find! I can't wait to see what's in store (Though it will undoubtedly take a long time :ouch:) They should add Road atlanta, after all Panoz is in the game, and you can clearly see that it's a sponsor on front of the car (They own the track too I guess). Wouln't be too hard to implement. 👍

He seriously didn't realize there were too many MX5s until recently? There are over 20 variations of it ffs..

IMO you would need just one variation of the MX-5 for each year/engine cycle.

- x1 90-93
- x1 94-97
- x1 99-00
- x1 01-05 1.8
- x1 01-05 1.6
- x1 04-05 Mazdaspeed
- x1 06-09
- x1 10-11

I like his answer about GT6. Even though his answer is completely inbetween, I'm almost certain it will not be released on PS3, which is good.

I'm surprised he now sees the problem with too many of generally the same cars, but lets hope he removes many of the ones that made no real impact.

I really don't see what would be gained from removing any content currently in the game. You could do what I do with the MX-5's in the game, just ignore them once the events that require them are out of the way. I'm eagerly awaiting the additional cars and tracks. I hope Pike's Peak is released sooner rather than later!

Why is that a good thing?

Removing duplicates accomplishes nothing. Fixing the duplicates so that they have accurate specifications and actually drive as they do in real life fixes everything. The only exception to this is the GS300 Vertex and the 350z LM (possibly a couple more).

I don't like how they're still undecided whether the new premium cars and tracks will come as dlc or go over to gt6...who knows how long GT6 is going to take and if it were up to him he would've taken another 2 years?!?! dear god that's nuts

I think they would benefit a lot from learning and asking for help from other sony studios. Hope they'll do that for GT6.

madwi
I do love "other" games for what they bring to the table...But i will always have a place in my heart for the GT franchise, for what its worth.

I ahree with you, There isnt any other game i can think of where the company listens to the players and delivers at a fair rate. Good job kaz, GT will always be my top racing simulator (:

I feel he always talks about improvements as something that may not happen before GT6. Removing duplicates will definitely be that, Midfield will probably be that.

I don't like how they're still undecided whether the new premium cars and tracks will come as dlc or go over to gt6...

Well, the (online) article is dated Feb 23rd. So for all we know this interview could have taken place in late January. I'm pretty sure by this point, Sony know full well whether there's going to be DLC or not.

And the point of that is? Why should I buy a game, so that it can play itself, while I'm away? It doesn't make sense. :crazy:
So you can come home to have 3million CR waiting for you 💡
No, I didn't, but since I don't get much entertainment from watching a bunch of guys (and the occasional girl) turn left all year, I only watch the Watkins Glen and Sears Point races if schedule allows. :sly:
Lol. I live in Australia dude. Over here we can turn right ;), so NASCAR doesn't really interest me either :sly:

Back on topic. I hope DTM & FIA packs are added. More race series' = More fun :)

What would removing "similar cars" accomplish? If they're very similar one between each other most probably it also took little time to add them, by only adding/changing the small differences to the "base models". So it's not that removing the "duplicates" will allow more cars to be included. How come people never understand this?

What would removing "similar cars" accomplish? If they're very similar one between each other most probably it also took little time to add them, by only adding/changing the small differences to the "base models". So it's not that removing the "duplicates" will allow more cars to be included. How come people never understand this?

This.

It clutters up the game no end. If the way it has been done is so smart, why not have 2500 cars, including 580 Skylines, 167 GT-Rs, 367 MX5s, 192 s2000s and so on? It's so little work after all.

So you can come home to have 3million CR waiting for you 💡
Here's a more efficient idea, what about removing b-spec and at the same time cutting prices of all cars by 66%?

^^yea that would be better^^ :lol:

B-spec is TBH a total joke. I haven't done a single b-spec race since the update that made remote racing possible & I've progressed from lvl 21 to 35 without doing anything. I would honestly prefer bob to revert to his GT4 self and only take over when I'm about to fall asleep in an enduro. The space made by this would surely be enough for one premium car :sly:

It boggles my mind how a certain percentage of people don't understand this concept..
The same as "If we got rid of 50 standards we could have 5 more premiums"
-It's simply not the case,they modelled as many premium car's as they could possibly model since the time they decided to use them in-game.
(Which is not 6 years ago when they first started on GT5, the premium car's today were not envisaged 6 years ago and were discovered to be able to be used 3 years into the development cycle and there will be no need to remodel these for GT6)

But getting the chat back to the interview in question, if you read that thread i think you will find the interview is even as old as december or november 2010 because he apologizes for taking months or so long to print the magazine during the thread.
I think the DLC or not would definitly have been decided by now (imo) , and imo i think we will see tracks + cars for GT5, how many of each though is the real question.
The only instance i see no tracks or cars coming for GT5 is if GT6 is planned for PS3 within the next 18months. It's hard to say when GT6 will rear it's head, his comments about the lack of PS3 hardware are interesting, he seems disappointed like he has tried to make the game a certain way during development and then hit a road block and realised it's not acheivable on the platform and has had to compromise quite severely... just imo

Back