Renown Tuning Unleashed ™

Absolutely. I don't know what the psi values pertain to in the game, they seem to be just random values. And that goes for every parameter in the tuning section. It isn't as in-depth as it was in the original Shift, but it's nowhere near as informative or precise as it is in Forza. But anyway...here are a few pointers:

- When looking at the data you'll notice four circles that are relative to the available grip of the tires. When you start off the line, the rear tires' circle should enlarge, which is indicative to the amount of grip you're asking it to produce. The same goes when you're cornering and braking; all of that pertains to the weight that's being shifted to that respective side/end of the vehicle.

- If, when getting off the line or cornering the car exhibits oversteer, pay attention to the rear compounds - have they exceeded the limits of grip? Is the pressure too high or is it too low? If the rear compounds, while getting off the line or cornering (specifically cornering for this example), the rear circles are moderating between mid to maximum traction and right when it reaches the maximum the car spins...you need to decrease the rear pressure.

- The same applies for understeering. However, in either situation do not increase or decrease (yes, experiment with both. lowering the pressure isn't always the answer) the pressure too much as you'll essentially destroy any lateral grip, acceleration, and braking. Why? Grip, my friend. Grip.

Or, to be more exact - friction.

- Another thing worth knowing is even though tire pressures are critical to a vehicles behavior, it isn't a 'stop-and-go' solution. Aerodynamics also assist a vehicles behavior, and if you're oversteering and/or understeering then check those values as well. If you're oversteering, increase the front and rear. If you're understeering, decrease the rear (and front if you'd like to).

EDIT: If you need more let me know. I cranked that out with a mild headache, so it could be a bit wrong or confusing. :lol:

Can I please get a GT-R Spec V r35 set Up B Class I keep Getting Smoked By this Car I got it up to B 1499 But my set up is just Poop Ran a 1:05 at Road america But seen a 1:03 and i cant manage to get it any faster over 5 hours of test n tuning wont give up :ouch:

Its confusing, but not so It gives me an headache :D

The trick which I have yet to learn (padawan level) is to identify WHERE the problem is.

Example: I'm understeering? is it downforce settings, suspensions settings or flat tire? :D

Baby steps. I'm trying to mess around with values now and see what changes (it just takes time). Now I've found where to "check for tire pressure" tomorrow i'll dominate the world...

Thanks for your time.

PS: If I used 50 psi on my car tires it would be very close to come off the rim :D

No problem.

For those wondering, I'll be uploading 2 or 3 tunes throughout the night.

I have a doubt. Every tuner has his taste. When you do this tunes, is it for balance, little oversteer, speed...

I'm asking this because until now the work is way better than what i'm used to. This makes difficult to me not to like a specific tune.

Thing is, with so many people complaining about the steering and looking for optimal settings what should I expect from your tunes? Overall balance? Speed? Handling?

I'm the one using 100% wheel sensitivity so I'm way off what's around here and this might influence it for me. And I'll need to review the tunes based on your comments.

Mercedes 190 Evo 2:

Oversteers but in a very predictable manner. Perfect to learn throttle control. I needed to be very careful using the "rumble strips". Overall balance is good and it need a little adaptation - that chicane @London River...

I changed brake pressure to 10 because I find it a lot easier to control brake locks - no ABS.

Very fun to drive and the left turn to the last straight is perfect for powerslides in this car. Makes ME want to drift and that's a minus :D

[edit]

About fun... I gave the Caterham another go. Its growing on me and doing the hairpin (london river) powersliding using throttle control only helps on the feeling (did my best time so far with this car in that lap - 1:30:059.

I'll definitely keep this one just for fun rides even though its harder to control than the Mercedes...

[/edit]

Last edited:
Really, it depends on how the car responds with it's factory settings. In the case of the MP4-12C for example, that slides around and can get rather uncontrollable - my tune tones that eagerness down. It still has the tendency to act almost the exact same way when you power into a corner but I'm working on that. As for my personal preferences, it varies from car to car. with the SR3 RS I went in with the intention of edging it out even more than it already is. I'm generally quite the lead-footed racer whether it's a pad or wheel, so for the most part I'm tuning for maximum stability under such conditions. If the car is already easy enough to take care of, I'll work on increasing it's top end performance until I've unsettled it's original balance...in which case I'll dial it back until it's improved but without any compromises.

Ford Focus RS438 "Black Tri-star"

Note: The following upgrades were installed for this tune:

Engine - Cold air intake system, Merged header collector, Competition cams, Higher compression forged pistons, Pro street spec flywheel

Drivetrain - All

Forced Induction - Larger hot side A/R ratio

Suspension - Race coilovers

Brakes - All

Tires - Semi-slicks

Body - Kit 3, Competition weight reduction

PI Rating: C-998

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 46.00
R. Tire Pressure - 51.00
Brake Balance - 47.00
Brake Pressure - 10.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 26.00
Caster Angle - 9.00
F. Toe Angle - 24.00
R. Toe Angle - 20.00
F. Camber - 27.00
R. Camber - 25.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 3.00
R. Ride Height - 3.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 9.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 8.00
L. Slip Preload - 1.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 15.00
R. Downforce - 15.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 3.00
R. Sway Bar - 3.00
F. Spring Rate - 4.00
R. Spring Rate - 4.00
F. Bump Stop - 0.00
R. Bump Stop - 0.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 5.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 1.00

Drivetrain

Final - 5.00
1st - 0.00 [Actual: 12.40]
2nd - 1.00 [Actual: 7.85]
3rd - 2.00 [Actual: 6.07]
4th - 3.00 [Actual: 4.43]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.70]
6th - 1.00 [Actual: 3.39]
7th - N/A [Actual: N/A]

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Just to reassure those who have requested a specific tune, your requests (as it's just been proved) have not gone unacknowledged. Some I haven't gotten to yet, others I can't get to at the moment as I have insufficient funds, no thanks to the driver level credit rewards, or the lack thereof I should say. I'll be stocking a few tunes tomorrow and all throughout the week.

Just be patient, it's all I ask.

Hey T,

I tried your MP4-12C Works tune for the Nordschleife A series. You were right, the car is a bit on the understeer-y side. I'm assuming the effect was even more prevalent with wheel users, such as myself, because I was missing apexes left and right (though when I managed to actually nail one, the exits were quite nice, so that's good! :lol: ). I did a couple of things to help me with my driving style (and I don't have exact values because honestly, I'm in bed):

1. I brought down the steering lock to about 30. I understand the higher setting would be good for pad users, and wheel users who use 900-degree lock. I was using 700-degree, so you can understand the front end broke free rather easily.
2. My problem with understeer was entering the corner, so I did stuff with the brakes. I brought the balance a few notches toward the front, and I upped the pressure a few notches as well.
3. I upped the front downforce a notch or two, and brought the rear down a notch or two. It made it a little more twitchy on the exits, but nothing I couldn't handle.

I think that's all I did. Anyway, I was able to nail a decent lap on the Nordschleife with those subtle changes. Now, the AI in the actual race is a different story... :grumpy:

Anybody using a pad or 900-degree lock on a wheel, don't listen to a word I say. :)

For(d)gasm :D

First thing that comes to mind is that I know this car from somewhere and this is a good feeling.

Anyway, I went below 1:30 on the first lap made with your tune. From now on just assume its always London River :)

Push this car is easy and unfortunately there is not much room until the understeer kicks in...

Surprisingly the hairpin was not a problem at all.

In places like Glendale (if one don't care about lap times) one can go Ken Block style and have a blast :D

The brakes on this one are near perfect. Great feel making it simple to apply without fear even to correct some abuses :D

Its very good the way it is for flat/street tracks. I need to see it Works converted on GP tracks later.

The one thing that impressed me the most was the suspension work on this car and really shows what this game is made of in terms of FFB and dare i say, physics? Like I said above, 1st thing that comes to mind is a feeling of familiarity (I'm on my 5th Ford...) so I don't care how SMS did it. They did it right.

Terronium If you ever get your hands on a McLaren F1 works tuned you won't be disappointed.
It drives, Quite literally, Like a bat out of hell. It quite ludicrous and enjoyable.

Jaguar XKR Works Converted

PI Rating: A-1770

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 47.00
R. Tire Pressure - 42.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 11.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 28.00
Caster Angle - 10.00
F. Toe Angle - 19.00
R. Toe Angle - 20.00
F. Camber - 23.00
R. Camber - 24.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 2.00
R. Ride Height - 2.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 14.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 11.00
L. Slip Preload - 0.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 20.00
R. Downforce - 20.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 4.00
R. Sway Bar - 3.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 1.00
F. Bump Stop - 0.00
R. Bump Stop - 0.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 0.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 0.00

Drivetrain

Final - 5.00
1st - 1.00 [Actual: 9.72]
2nd - 2.00 [Actual: 7.08]
3rd - 1.00 [Actual: 5.49]
4th - 2.00 [Actual: 4.16]
5th - 1.00 [Actual: 3.48]
6th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.73]
7th - N/A [Actual: N/A]

Disclaimer: A bit of mild understeer but otherwise direct and very stable when cornering and accelerating.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

I'm taking a short break from the game as I'm on the verge of chucking either my PS3 with the game inside, or just the game, straight toward the nearest wall.

FWIW - Terronium I want to thank you for saving my game. I had all but given up on figuring out how to drive with a DS3 and then I found this post. I used your controller settings, learned something about tuning and then proceeded to race for 4 hours straight.

So thanks for providing me the much needed push over to the 'my GOD this game is GOOD' side of the fence!

FWIW - Terronium I want to thank you for saving my game. I had all but given up on figuring out how to drive with a DS3 and then I found this post. I used your controller settings, learned something about tuning and then proceeded to race for 4 hours straight.

So thanks for providing me the much needed push over to the 'my GOD this game is GOOD' side of the fence!

You're quite welcome. :D

Really looming forward to your setups. Especially controller settings.

When are you getting Fanatec GT2 with CSP? ;)

Really looming forward to your setups. Especially controller settings.

When are you getting Fanatec GT2 with CSP? ;)

If you mean pad settings I've already got those sorted out in the OP. If it's wheel settings you're referring to then, yeah, that's going to take a while as Unleashed refuses to detect my DFGT. As for the Fanatec I have no idea; don't you have to buy the wheel, shifter assembly, and pedals separately?

For some reason the links to the currently available tunes are not working correctly for me - just sends me back to the first post.

Anyone else having this issue?

Glad to find someone producing tunes for this game so I can learn as well! 👍

Terronium-12
If you mean pad settings I've already got those sorted out in the OP. If it's wheel settings you're referring to then, yeah, that's going to take a while as Unleashed refuses to detect my DFGT. As for the Fanatec I have no idea; don't you have to buy the wheel, shifter assembly, and pedals separately?

I know you have DS3 settings :)

The Fanatec wheels are sold a la carte. Which is good! If you have a G25/G27, the GT3rs (and assumably GT2) come with an adaptor to use those pedals. Or you can buy the basic pedals. Honestly, the ClubSport Pedals are the highest rated in the industry, at this price level.

If you don't want a shifter you don't have to pay for it and just use the included ClubSport Paddles. If you do buy the shifter, you get both sequential and H shifter. Although a ClubSport Shifter is coming this year.

I'm very happy with my GT3rs CSP with paddles. Having the ability to make adjustments on the fly has proven itself wonderfully many times! The T500 can't say that.

Because you are a multiplatform gamer, I HIGHLY suggest a GT2 with CSP and wait for the shifter. The add on shifters probably don't cost much.

Hi im looking for a tune for a 370z can you help?:)

Of course. I won't be getting back to the game until tomorrow though.

For some reason the links to the currently available tunes are not working correctly for me - just sends me back to the first post.

Anyone else having this issue?

Glad to find someone producing tunes for this game so I can learn as well! 👍

I'll look into it but I remember Jordan saying the links should work for everyone now, are you using the default 20ppp (posts per page)?

I know you have DS3 settings :)

The Fanatec wheels are sold a la carte. Which is good! If you have a G25/G27, the GT3rs (and assumably GT2) come with an adaptor to use those pedals. Or you can buy the basic pedals. Honestly, the ClubSport Pedals are the highest rated in the industry, at this price level.

If you don't want a shifter you don't have to pay for it and just use the included ClubSport Paddles. If you do buy the shifter, you get both sequential and H shifter. Although a ClubSport Shifter is coming this year.

I'm very happy with my GT3rs CSP with paddles. Having the ability to make adjustments on the fly has proven itself wonderfully many times! The T500 can't say that.

Because you are a multiplatform gamer, I HIGHLY suggest a GT2 with CSP and wait for the shifter. The add on shifters probably don't cost much.

Great. Now I have what, four options? Thanks a lot. :lol:

Any chance for a MAserati tune? Right now running a works/fully upgraded one, but don't really care if it's A or B and whether it's works'd or not.

I'm not taking any offenses dude, calm the down :) And I've read it all, Just want to know why London instead fantastic Nordschleife but it's your world and we all have to deal with it. So be it! 👍

I think Nordschleife is way much better, that's why Car factory's from all over the world goes to Nordschleife to test their cars, i mean sports cars and super cars and hyper cars. And because that track it's going to be in Shift 2 then i just thought you know 2 + 2 , we have game, we have track, we have cars, we have tuner so, you know 2 + 2 ... ;)

But that's just my opinion and i will keep it to myself. Maybe i will offer me as test driver for Nordschleife, but have to wait two more days to finally play and decide if Unleashed is as good as first one which completely blew my mind.

Thank you for explaining. I'll can't wait some good tunes for my favorite, AMG SLS

What he means is that whereas Nerd Burger is the standard test track, its not very practical. If am correct the test track they use has everything u need to test a tune wityhout spending 7-10mins at a time waiting to open up on the straight.
The london track they refer to has some good fast sections which are also followed by sharp turns, this tests the cars ability to get upto speed, and importantly, brake quickly and safetly enough to make the sharp turns. it also has narrow sections to test car reaction times around chicanes and quick corners

On GT5 i use Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 (No chicanes) for exactly teh same reason. it has teh epic straight followed by a nasty sharp turn

Back