Renown Tuning Unleashed ™

Now if only I knew how to tune a car properly...
ussr, care to share your tune? for the sake of thread completion? :P

I'll present to you Porsche 184 - Road America Flayer. Winner of WTC 3 Second round in Road America Track. Lap time 1:48:975 but when i cross the Finnish line and pushed hard, i had green 00:00:050 on first Split time and when i cross second split time i had green 0:00:350, but i pushed to hard and crash badly. Could not repeat those split times and i had to submit 1:48:975 as my final lap time. But car is capable to go even faster 👍

Porsche 918 Spyder Concept Study; Works Converted

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 35.00
R. Tire Pressure - 65.00
Brake Balance - 30.00
Brake Pressure - 13.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 32.00
Caster Angle - 5.00
F. Toe Angle - 25.00
R. Toe Angle - 25.00
F. Camber - 10.00
R. Camber - 16.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 1.00
R. Ride Height - 2.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 0.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 10

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 14.00
R. Downforce - 15.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 6.00
R. Sway Bar - 6.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 2.00
R. Bump Stop - 2.00

F. Damper Fast Bump - 5.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 5.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 1.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00

Drivetrain

Final - 2.00
1st - 2.00
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 2.00
4th - 1.00
5th - 2.00
6th - 2.00
7th - 3.00

This tune is to use only on Road America Track, and was not tested on any other track!

Well i'm continuing my series of B-tune with the Murcielago.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640 (SV) "14.00 Rating Nostalgia"
For those who think racing with a Works-Murcielago isn't smart enough.

PI Rating: B-1499

Upgrades:

- Programmable mapping
- clutch disc feramic
- Race differential
- Fully adjustable transmission
- Adjustable race suspension
- Dual master cylinder
- Competition Brakes
- Body kit stage 3
- Competition weight reduction

Tune:

Tires and Brakes:

F. Tire Pressure - 45.00
R. Tire Pressure - 35.00
Brake Balance - 40.00 (Abs Off approved)
Brake Pressure - 5.00 (Abs Off approved)

Alignment:

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 19.00
F. Toe Angle - 20.00
R. Toe Angle - 15.00
F. Camber - 10.00
R. Camber - 15.00

Stance:

F. Ride Height - 1.00
R. Ride Height - 1.00

Differential:

L. Slip Preload - 5.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 20.00

Aerodynamics:

F. Downforce - 16.00
R. Downforce - 16.00

Springs:

F. Sway Bar - 8.00
R. Sway Bar - 8.00
F. Spring Rate - 5.00
R. Spring Rate - 3.00
F. Bump Stop - 30.00
R. Bump Stop - 30.00

Dampers:

F. Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 6.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 6.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 5.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 5.00

Drivetrain:

Final - 0.00
1st - 0.00
2nd - 0.00
3rd - 1.00
4th - 1.00
5th - 2.00
6th - 2.00
7th - N/A

Some laptimes examples:

6,42.866 on the Nordschleife (Q+) (Top Speed Reach at 300 Kph)
2,18.669 on SPA (Se+)
1,15.741 on London River (Pr)

Comments: The tune need some practice to be tame due to the huge amount of grip the car get in comparison to the habitual powersliding Murcielago. You must take chirurgical raceline to be fast (unlike the Gallardo which still very fast while being a little lazy). You will have to fight a bit more than the Gallardo with your steering wheel. Mastering the car is really rewarding and really fun, but it is fast and doesn't steer like a motorized soap!

I'm going to try to find all the good B-car of the game and get the rights tunes, to allow players to compete each others with different cars at equal performance (as possible). Because online B-bracket racing full off the same car, is boring.

And because you don't ask me yet: no, the 1499 rated Ford GT can't compete, completly outperform by the top B-cars :indiff:.

Don't think I'll be uploading any more tunes until later in the day. I can't concentrate for spit right now.

Hi! im new here. i got a hold of the tune for the works converted gallardo, and thanks to you i have a nice scion tc won from the time attack series sitting in my Shift 2 garage. now onto business: i was wondering if i could get a tune for the works converted chevy corvette (z06) as well as maybe a drift tune for an E30 M3 that has every upgrade available besides a body kit and works conversion? sorry if you have done either one of these already :/ there were alot of pages to the forum.... Lol

ussr are you sure the tyre pressures are correct? Are the rear ones 65? :confused:

Yes 👍 Rear tire pressure set to 65 gives me so much needed slide in few corners.

I understand that to avoid Over-steer i need to lower pressure, but here i wanted to achieve something different. Track required some power slide so i forced mu 918 to do so. And final result was well you saw it :)

Gumpert Apollo, Version 2 Works Converted

PI Rating: A-2354

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 41.00
R. Tire Pressure - 38.00
Brake Balance - 48.00
Brake Pressure - 9.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 16.00
Caster Angle - 18.00
F. Toe Angle - 21.00
R. Toe Angle - 21.00
F. Camber - 23.00
R. Camber - 25.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 0.00
R. Ride Height - 2.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 13.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 9.00
L. Slip Preload - 0.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 5.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 17.00
R. Downforce - 17.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 4.00
R. Sway Bar - 6.00
F. Spring Rate - 3.00
R. Spring Rate - 3.00
F. Bump Stop - 2.00
R. Bump Stop - 2.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 0.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 0.00

Drivetrain

Final - 4.00
1st - 1.00 [Actual: 11.25]
2nd - 2.00 [Actual: 7.96]
3rd - 2.00 [Actual: 5.45]
4th - 2.00 [Actual: 4.26]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.59]
6th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.84]
7th - N/A [Actual: N/A]

Disclaimer: Practically the same disclaimer as the NW (non-works) Apollo, however, it can be pushed a lot more than in it's stock form, the rear doesn't break loose unless you're driving like a maniac, carrying an inordinate amount of speed through a corner. It's still very demanding to get a smooth quick time from it and is more than capable of smoking anything else in it's path, especially once the compounds have enough heat (grip). Fastest lap at London River: 1:09.171 (Q+), fully capable of at least a 1:07.3xx.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Damn:ouch: I just sold my Apollo works, couldnt control it al that well with my tune (it was better than stock but still)

Off to bed I might try this tomorrow, I need a good time attack machine 💡

Jimmy_apex,

Very nice 640 B-class tune. What are the other top B-class vehicles? Or is it one of the best? I've not really been doing too much playing around with the B-cars, mainly C and A.

Terronium-12,
I like this Gumpert Apollo tune. Handles very nicely.

Terronium-12

I have a question thats been bugging me, if you would be so kind to answer...
About camber angle - theres + and theres - but the higher the value (positive) the more negative camber? Im really confused because of the +/- and because most tunes have more camber (higher value) on the rear wheels when (in race cars) it is usually the other way around....

Terronium-12

I have a question thats been bugging me, if you would be so kind to answer...
About camber angle - theres + and theres - but the higher the value (positive) the more negative camber? Im really confused because of the +/- and because most tunes have more camber (higher value) on the rear wheels when (in race cars) it is usually the other way around....

Camber is one of those things that when understood properly it can make you nervous as it affects the mannerisms of the car: camber, toe, caster, and tire pressure are some of the most critical adjustments one can make to a car. Camber is, you could say, the Yin and Yang of tire deformation, grip, cornering, and acceleration - you use too much and you'll destroy the overall balance and it will almost definitely favor one side of the car...meaning it'll trail toward one side and act as ballast. Use too little and you won't have enough balance to do anything properly. And you have to keep in mind that camber is entirely dynamic, it changes from positive to negative and then negative to positive every time you turn for a corner, every time the suspension jounces and rebounds.

I tend to stray off into multiple tangents every time I explain camber to some degree or another, but to keep it as simple as I can; in the game it explains camber in a very simplistic fashion - use less front camber to decrease understeer (meaning you're actually increasing positive camber as you're using more of the contact patch and allowing near equal load on the shoulders of the tire). And for oversteer it's the same thing, use less camber on the rear tires for much of the same reasons explain previously. I can't give any concrete answer as I haven't the slightest idea of how Unleashed calculates anything. The figures seem to be entirely random. Possibly so the game can compute them easily (something ///M Spec alluded to in another thread) so I'm not sure how to correlate a real figure with the in-game figures, but that's basically the gist of it. I handle it as simply put as it is in the game but you still have to know how to 'feel' for the problem. Knowing when there's too much camber, or toe, or not enough. Alternatively, you have to know how to feel out for other problems such as the differential hindering steering responsiveness, or having too much or too little downforce.

Read a few articles or such about camber, caster, toe, and tire pressure. Because it's really too much for me to simplify into such a short post. This is a bit more inspiration to try and write up (another) tuning guide and tutorial though.

Last edited:
Camber is one of those things that when understood properly it can make you nervous as it affects the mannerisms of the car: camber, toe, caster, and tire pressure are some of the most critical adjustments one can make to a car. Camber is, you could say, the Yin and Yang of tire deformation, grip, cornering, and acceleration - you use too much and you'll destroy the overall balance and it will almost definitely favor one side of the car...meaning it'll trail toward one side and act as ballast. Use too little and you won't have enough balance to do anything properly. And you have to keep in mind that camber is entirely dynamic, it changes from positive to negative and then negative to positive every time you turn for a corner, every time the suspension jounces and rebounds.

I tend to stray off into multiple tangents every time I explain camber to some degree or another, but to keep it as simple as I can; in the game it explains camber in a very simplistic fashion - use less front camber to decrease understeer (meaning you're actually increasing positive camber as you're using more of the contact patch and allowing near equal load on the shoulders of the tire). And for oversteer it's the same thing, use less camber on the rear tires for much of the same reasons explain previously. I can't give any concrete answer as I haven't the slightest idea of how Unleashed calculates anything. The figures seem to be entirely random. Possibly so the game can compute them easily (something ///M Spec alluded to in another thread) so I'm not sure how to correlate a real figure with the in-game figures, but that's basically the gist of it. I handle it as simply put as it is in the game but you still have to know how to 'feel' for the problem. Knowing when there's too much camber, or toe, or not enough. Alternatively, you have to know how to feel out for other problems such as the differential hindering steering responsiveness, or having too much or too little downforce.

Read a few articles or such about camber, caster, toe, and tire pressure. Because it's really too much for me to simplify into such a short post. This is a bit more inspiration to try and write up (another) tuning guide and tutorial though.

Thank you very much for the info...
I didnt make myself very clear, Im sorry... the thing is I know what camber is (sort of - now I know a little more) and how it should affect the car IRL, what I cant seem to understand is - in the game the bigger the positive value the higher the negative camber angle??????? I know they made up those values - its impossible to have 30 degrees of camber angle, but I never know what to do when adjusting camber because I dont know if to them positive values mean more negative camber....:ouch:

Thank you very much for the info...
I didnt make myself very clear, Im sorry... the thing is I know what camber is (sort of - now I know a little more) and how it should affect the car IRL, what I cant seem to understand is - in the game the bigger the positive value the higher the negative camber angle??????? I know they made up those values - its impossible to have 30 degrees of camber angle, but I never know what to do when adjusting camber because I dont know if to them positive values mean more negative camber....:ouch:

If you want it to be simple: + is negative camber (the bottom of the tire, the contact patch, is being angled further away from a neutral position. - is positive camber (the bottom of the tire, the contact patch, is being angled toward a neutral position; meaning more of it is being used). Venturing toward the extremes on either end of that spectrum disrupts grip, braking, and acceleration.

Don't let that confuse you though (pay specific attention to what's in the parentheses) because quite frankly - is -, and + is +.

Nissan GT-R (R35) SpecV JCW Edition

PI Rating: A-1660

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 40.00
R. Tire Pressure - 37.00
Brake Balance - 48.00
Brake Pressure - 14.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 8.00
F. Toe Angle - 21.00
R. Toe Angle - 19.00
F. Camber - 26.00
R. Camber - 31.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 2.00
R. Ride Height - 3.00

Differential

L. Slip Preload - 3.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 10.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 11.00
R. Downforce - 11.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 5.00
R. Sway Bar - 4.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 2.00
R. Bump Stop - 2.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 1.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 1.00

Drivetrain

Final - 3.00
1st - 2.00 [Actual: 11.28]
2nd - 1.00 [Actual: 8.90]
3rd - 1.00 [Actual: 5.80]
4th - 1.00 [Actual: 4.62]
5th - 1.00 [Actual: 3.81]
6th - 1.00 [Actual: 3.13]

Disclaimer: This thing understeers like a pig. Fastest lap at London River: 1:15.143 (P).

Pretty please if you get the chance to do a tune for the Porsche 911 GT2 Works Converted....would be GREAT!:)

Well T-12 I'm trying to tame one of the most iconic and hard cars to tame since Shift 1...: The Carrera GT.

It is works converted...to the works converted Championship in level 15,or something.

But I think that getting the job done may require more expertise and patient that I don't have.:ouch:

But probably I could do it with a little help...;)

@ FuriousDemon

Thanks for your feedback (could you tell me if the car is easy to drive, if the car is stable or has some oversteering or understeering and what is your controller)

Well, i haven't test all the car which can be used in the "B" bracket, but as far as i know, i can tell you the Murcielago is the 3rd best one after the Gallardo and the ZO6 (ZO'6's tune coming tomorrow). Next car i will test: 911 GT2, 911 GT3 RS, Viper. Cars i can actually tell you that they can't compete at the top B-level: Ford GT, Audi R8, Audi TT (It will certainly be a good choice for drag races).

What about a Works converted EVO IX? My tunings are close, but some of my friends have some pretty sweet setups and wont tell me how they did it. Help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

tlm
Pretty please if you get the chance to do a tune for the Porsche 911 GT2 Works Converted....would be GREAT!:)

Yes.

Well T-12 I'm trying to tame one of the most iconic and hard cars to tame since Shift 1...: The Carrera GT.

It is works converted...to the works converted Championship in level 15,or something.

But I think that getting the job done may require more expertise and patient that I don't have.:ouch:

But probably I could do it with a little help...;)

And yes.

Hi everyone!

Can someone post lamborghini murcielago LP640 Works converted setup :-)) that will be sweeeeet :-D

Keep up the good work!!

Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro "C-Class Special"

PI Rating: C-994

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 47.00
R. Tire Pressure - 41.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 4.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 8.00
F. Toe Angle - 20.00
R. Toe Angle - 22.00
F. Camber - 29.00
R. Camber - 35.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 4.00
R. Ride Height - 4.00

Differential

L. Slip Preload - 0.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 10.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 9.00
R. Downforce - 9.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 3.00
R. Sway Bar - 4.00
F. Spring Rate - 1.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 2.00
R. Bump Stop - 2.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 4.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 3.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 4.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 3.00

Drivetrain

Final - 3.00
1st - 2.00 [Actual: 9.07]
2nd - 1.00 [Actual: 7.16]
3rd - 1.00 [Actual: 5.52]
4th - 1.00 [Actual: 4.46]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.61]
6th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.94]

Disclaimer: Install the following upgrades only: Cold air intake system, Drivetrain (all), Race coilover suspension, Brakes (all), Body kit 3. Fastest lap at London River: 1:25.087 (Q).

If you want it to be simple: + is negative camber (the bottom of the tire, the contact patch, is being angled further away from a neutral position. - is positive camber (the bottom of the tire, the contact patch, is being angled toward a neutral position; meaning more of it is being used). Venturing toward the extremes on either end of that spectrum disrupts grip, braking, and acceleration.

Don't let that confuse you though (pay specific attention to what's in the parentheses) because quite frankly - is -, and + is +.

Terronium-12, Do you mean (- is +) and (+ is -)? You are explaining it very well and it makes better sense now. If I use the tire temp telemetry will I be able to see the temp change on the edges of the tire with the camber change?

Your LP560 GT3 tune is very good and Your tunes are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Terronium-12, Do you mean (- is +) and (+ is -)? You are explaining it very well and it makes better sense now. If I use the tire temp telemetry will I be able to see the temp change on the edges of the tire with the camber change?

I was also confused about it. By increasing + you add more negative camber (and vice versa). It does not make sense as you would expect more - means increasing negative camber, but in this game it does not. It works backwards

Last edited:

Your LP560 GT3 tune is very good and Your tunes are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Warning: From hereon out, it might get confusing.

No. I meant it exactly as I put it, but look how I worded it in the parentheses. Don't you see the parallel I was aiming toward? Positive camber moves the top of the wheel toward the front springs (or, alternatively it moves the bottom away from the front springs). Negative camber moves the top of the wheel away from the front springs (or, alternatively it moves the bottom toward the front springs).

I think I understand. I was looking for the simple answer to a complex situation. There is no true positive camber, only neutral to negative camber in Shift 2.

I still have a question about looking at the telemetry to see the camber changes. Will I see the three tire temps react to the camber change?

I am using your 911 GT3 RSR tune as a starting point on the 911 GT3 R. I know this car can snap oversteer if I'm not careful. If you are making a GT3 911 tune, I will try it out. Thanks for your time.

I think I understand. I was looking for the simple answer to a complex situation. There is no true positive camber, only neutral to negative camber in Shift 2.

I still have a question about looking at the telemetry to see the camber changes. Will I see the three tire temps react to the camber change?

I am using your 911 GT3 RSR tune as a starting point on the 911 GT3 R. I know this car can snap oversteer if I'm not careful. If you are making a GT3 911 tune, I will try it out. Thanks for your time.

You should be able to, absolutely. The temp graphic monitors heat (grip) on the contact patch and both shoulders of the tire.

Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro, Version 2 Works Converted

PI Rating: A-1998

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 46.00
R. Tire Pressure - 41.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 8.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 19.00
Caster Angle - 9.00
F. Toe Angle - 22.00
R. Toe Angle - 23.00
F. Camber - 30.00
R. Camber - 35.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 1.00
R. Ride Height - 3.00

Differential

L. Slip Preload - 0.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 12.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 18.00
R. Downforce - 18.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 5.00
R. Sway Bar - 2.00
F. Spring Rate - 0.00
R. Spring Rate - 0.00
F. Bump Stop - 1.00
R. Bump Stop - 1.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 4.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 3.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 5.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 0.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 0.00

Drivetrain

Final - 4.00
1st - 1.00 [Actual: 9.00]
2nd - 2.00 [Actual: 6.85]
3rd - 2.00 [Actual: 5.29]
4th - 2.00 [Actual: 4.26]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.52]
6th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.87]

Disclaimer: Fastest lap at London River: 1:11.133 (P).

Back