EivlEvo's Tuner Review Thread. RUF Yellowbird 6 Tune Review Added!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 34 comments
EivlEvo
Welcome to EivlEvo's Tuner Review Thread!

Introduction

I've been a player since GT1, and a casual tuner since then as well. I've noticed that while there are a great many tuner threads, there are but a few review threads. I'm not here to step on anyone's toes, I'm simply looking to contribute to the forum. As such, I'm mainly interested in reviewing tunes that have yet to be reviewed, and perhaps if I'm able to develop enough credibility offer a contrasting or coinciding opinion on tunes that have already been reviewed.

The reason I elected to start my own thread was simply for organizational purposes. For some of the larger tuner threads, reviews get lost as they are rarely co-located with the actual tune they've reviewed. While personally the review is a bit more useful to a tuner than it is to a user, they certainly have their place for the user.

With all of that said, I plan on reviewing as my schedule permits, and I welcome any comments or feedback.

Format

Upon selecting the car to review, I will generally read through all of the tuner notes, and make a track selection based on their tune, or my abilities. The tune will almost always be compared to something, be it another tune, or the stock vehicle. The tune will be rated on a scale of 1-5, where 1 is the worst, and 5 is the best. An example of a 5, or "perfect" tune would look like this: 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 whereas a tune receiving a 1 would look like this: 👍 👎 👎 👎 👎

The tune will be posted in this thread, as quoted from the original tuner's thread, and will be followed by my review. A copy of my review will also be posted directly into the tuners thread, but as I've alluded to, those threads can become quite lengthy and finding a review for a tune can be rather impossible. Hopefully, this method will come across as a bit more organized. I will make the review as thorough as I feel it needs to be, and I would urge the end user to read it in it's entirety, though I will typically have some bulleted points to highlight my key thoughts.

Current Reviews

1. JG's Tune Shop: Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
2. Ronald6's Tune: Caterham Seven Fireblade
3. RUF Yellowbird: 6 Tunes Reviewed

Last edited:
Mitsubishi FTO Xtreme Touring Car
495 BHP @ 8000 RPM - 50 KGFM @ 6500 RPM - 980 KG

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

Base Model
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car - Aquired via Used Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
35/60

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.200
2nd Gear: 2.169
3rd Gear: 1.590
4th Gear: 1.221
5th Gear: 0.984
6th Gear: 0.830

Final Gear: 4.327
Max Speed: 300 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 23/31
Accelerayion Sensitivity: 24/28
Braking Sensitivity: 20/18

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
40/60

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-22
Spring Rate: 14.0/16.0
Dampers (Extension): 8/9
Dampers (Compression): 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5

Camber Angle: 3.2/2.4
Toe Angle: -0.15/-0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance: 9/7

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Miracle on 4 wheels. That is all that can be said. Not ideal for Daytonas or barely Nordschleifes, but on Deep Forest Raceway it's .3 seconds faster than a maxed out ZR1 RM. And that's saying something. And on top of that, it's a pleasure to drive. When I was done tuning this, I spent like 2 hours just lapping around Deep Forest again and again. Pretty much anybody can drive this.

Let me start by giving full credit to JG's Tune Shop for providing the tune for this Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car.

I should mention that I am a die hard Mitsu fan, after building an EVO V here in the US. To keep the review unbiased however, I should mention that I was never a fan of the FTO as a car. To me, it represents all thats wrong with Mitsubishi, and reminds me wholly of the FWD Eclipses here in the US market. A sports car at heart, castrated by the "reliability" of a front wheel drive system. Gran Turismo's tuners had the right idea by giving this car the "super touring car" dressings. Setting it up with a proper motor, and a proper 4WD system, and that is where JG's has taken over.

Considering the former rarity of this vehicle in the game, myGranTurismo.net still has it rated as a 5, I figured it would be a good tune to review for this shop. It's a very popular car, and now that more and more users are getting their hands on them, and presumably have the intentions of using them to race both A and B spec, this tune is right on the money with the demand.

I had previously owned this vehicle, using it myself with another tune on it for the JGTC races. The initial tune, done by another shop, was good... but not great, and since this is a review of JG's tune, I won't go into excessive detail about the good or bad of another shop's tune... it's just not my style. For a more user friendly layout, I've bulleted my thoughts.

Original "other shop" tune.
Tested on Laguna Seca.
Tires were the same racing softs.
Best time: 1:24.6..
  • The car pushed heavily under high speed braking.
  • The car had more of an understeer tendency when applying power after the apex.
  • When the car was really "flung in" it had a tendency to four wheel drift.
  • With cautious throttle control through the corner, it would hold a neutral line.

Mind you, I had applied this tune and enjoyed it's capabilities whilst going through my A-spec racing.

Moving on to JG's tune, I changed the oil and made sure I had everything applied the way that the tune specified in terms of gearing, suspension etc.

My first reactions driving JG's FTO STC around Laguna were not good. I felt that the car was handling very similarly to the previous tune which was odd because the tunes were quite different. The tune in general was setup with much more attention to detail as opposed to simply "quick tuning" the car which is what the previous tune had now appeared to be. I decided to let the lap times dictate the results before I passed judgement.

The first lap in with the JG FTO STC was a surprising 1:23.1.., a full 1.5 seconds faster :eek: so I began to pay closer attention. As the lap times continued to roll in, the clock was telling me all that I needed to know about that attention to detail. 1:23.024, 1:22.7, and 1:22.045 was the quickest I cared to muster. These times were interspersed amongst a dozen or so laps (mentioning for credibility's sake) with the quickest coming on lap 5. What I discovered with this car was that it was essentially a knife edge. If you elected to race conservatively and never really utilize the cars full potential, you might never know what this car is really capable of. It almost caught me in that trap as I was ready to fully shrug this tune off as not much better. However, if you have the stones to take it to the ragged edge, the car would push back all day long, but if you even THINK about taking it over the edge... see ya. The thing about that last bit... the "see ya" isn't really even a race ending spin, it's typically understeer that leads to an outside line departure, but since the car handles so well off road, it can be easily corralled back onto the track without dumping too many positions. :P

The bullets for JG's FTO Super Touring Car tune then are as follows:
  • The car provides TONS of grip, and for those brave enough to keep their foot into it, you'll be rewarded with significantly faster lap times.
  • For those who don't care to run a few practice laps in this car, I'm sorry to say JG, but I must say, look elsewhere. This car requires a bit of practice, but as I said, it will pay dividends.
  • Despite the tuner making some efforts to try to quell that heaviness under high speed braking, this car still pushes pretty hard under braking. This could perhaps be an ABS issue? I'm not positive, and that is the ONE thing that is wrong with this tune in my book.

When all is said and done, this is a great tune for a car that should've been built this way since the day it entered production. I'd expect that in the hands of a more capable driver, this tune could be 2 seconds quicker per lap at Laguna, and with some more time I might even get into it. This tune though has left me wanting more from this tuner. JG's thread is laid out very nicely and his tunes are very thorough. I would certainly recommend this tune and this tuner, and I can't wait to test out another tune.

JG's Tune Shop Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car:

👍 👍 👍 👍 👎

4/5 thumbs up.

Addendum to the original review to add a stock tune.

In driving the stock FTO I need to mention that I had already added the full spectrum of parts to this vehicle, including the chassis rigidity modification, as this cannot be removed, these times should be evaluated with a grain of salt.

The stock FTO STC was able to run times consistently in the high 1:24's on Laguna Seca. This was punctuated by a top time of 1:23.8 which was in my opinion, a near perfect lap for my abilities. To be sure I had given JG's tune a fair shake, I again added the parts and applied the tune and was able to nearly match my time from the original review of 1:22.045 with a 1:22.048. Some may look at this tune and say that adding roughly 50 horsepower and a FULL tune should net more than a ~1.7 second improvement, but I'll just remind you that my "stock" times were done with the chassis modification, and that this isn't a "stock" vehicle being turned into a monster. This is a full blown racing car, modified by the game designers to exist in their world, and THEN it is modified by JG's. Knowing that, I think dropping ~1.7 seconds off of the time is a true testament to the skill of this tune shop.

Original Review

Note: This tune has been updated since this review.

Last edited:
Caterham Seven Fireblade
253 HP @ 9600 RPM - 138 Ft-Lbs @ 9600 RPM - 369 KG - 625 PP
Tuned by: Ronald6
CaterhamSevenFireblade.jpg

Picture taken from google/photobucket.

Base Model
Caterham Seven Fireblade - Acquired via Used Car Dealership

GT Auto
Not provided by tuner.

Tuning Shop
All available mods.

Tires
Tested on Sports Hards, Sports Softs, Racing Softs. See review for details.

---------------------

Ballast
No Changes.

Aerodynamics
N/A

Power Limiter
No Changes.

Transmission
1st Gear: 5.025
2nd Gear: 3.773
3rd Gear: 2.907
4th Gear: 2.314
5th Gear: 1.913
6th Gear: 1.649

Final Drive: 3.270
Top Speed: 149 MPH / 260 KPH

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 25
Braking: 18

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-5
Spring Rate: 6.5/5.2
Dampers (Extend): 6/7
Dampers (Compress): 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 1.0/0.6
Toe Angle: -0.06/+0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/5

Driving Aides
Tuned with everything off including driving line. ABS: @ 1, Controller Sensitivity @ -2.

----------------------------

Stock Review

Here we have a favorite car from the GT community that is often left to sit and collect dust simply due to it's natural ability of getting you killed. That is, the Caterham Seven Fireblade. Bikers will know the Fireblade nomenclature from the Honda CBR900RR series. Polyphony Digital has left us to assume that this car uses the motor from the CBR929RR bike based on the year (2001) and the displacement (916cc vs. 929cc). One thing we do know, this car even in it's Fireblade trim from the factory is talking big numbers.

Polyphony Digital's PP System has this car rated at 560PP which puts it close to that of the Pagani Zonda C12S a car making better than 4 times the horsepower! The question is, how does this car handle itself on the track.

Track Test

The car we received from the tune shop was an all stock Fireblade with 9,617 miles on it. It was making 157hp @ 10500 RPM and 89 Ft-lbs. @ 9000 RPM.

Anyone who's driven this car knows what it's all about. Take everything possible out of a car, and see how fast you can make it go. This lightweight trademark of this car though, is it's greatest weakness. This is evidenced when you try to turn with a "normal" power application. The rear end steps out rather willingly, which is surprising considering the smoothness with which the power curve applies itself. I suspect this could be corrected by using proper downforce, or a well placed ballast sack.

In mentioning the smoothness of power application, I noticed that the power curve in this car is really anything but smooth, and it's punctuated with two power spikes at its peak RPM. I'm not sure if Caterham or Honda is to blame for this one, but a spikey power curve in a lightweight car is problematic to say the least.

The gearbox on this car is a total afterthought. Lapping around Deep Forest Raceway, I found that I never got out of 4th gear. After setting some respectable lap times, I decided to take this car to SSR7 and really open it up. I was able to get it to 150mph in 4th gear (just at the top of it). Upshifting to 5th gear slowed me a few ticks. This begs the question, was this gearbox tuned by Caterham, or their lawyers? What are the 2 extra gears for? OR, Are the gears set so long to help keep the rear end in check? If I'm not mistaken, the Fireblade model uses a live rear axle which seems insane for a car like this, though it might explain why the transmission is geared so high.

Lastly, this car has an uncanny ability to generate a "tank slapper" as we call it in aviation. Once the rear end has stepped out, it's rather controllable with power, even at stock, though just in that split second when you think that you've brought it back around to center, it steps right out the other side. The car seems as though it can do this endlessly, almost WANTING to be sliding rather than driving. This problem is further compounded by coming from the dealership on sports hard tires, as once they turn red, it will be nearly impossible to recover the car without coming to a full stop.

Stock Caterham Seven Fireblade Bullets and Times
Tested on Deep Forest.
All parts stock. Including Sports Hard Tires.
Best Time: 1:29.224
Pagani Zonda C12S: Ran a good 3 seconds quicker without trying at all.

• Its greatest strength is its biggest weakness. Weight.
  • It has surprisingly smooth power application, considering it's spikey power curve.
  • A 6-Speed gearbox on a car that tops out at 150mph in 4th gear.
  • Poor tire chocie and this car will be tank slapping its way straight to GT Auto for Chassis Repairs.

Ronald6's Caterham Seven Fireblade Tune Review

Enter Ronald6 and his Caterham Seven Fireblade. Ronald6 is clearly a big fan of this car judging by the switched and wins columns in the garage. That's what I like to see, a tuner tuning out of love rather than necessity, and this car needs just that.

His tune, which is listed above, was instantaneously evident. Without trying too hard, I was able to run a 1:28.306 on Sports Hards at Deep Forest. Though moreso than is revealed by the time, as it's only about a second quicker, is how the car felt. The stock Fireblade felt almost as if it needed to be willed around the track, and while I thought it was consistent with some practice, this car tuned by Ronald6 had direction. It was almost as if the car felt 1000 kilos heavier when it needed to, but then felt 150 kilos lighter when it needed to. I typically try to shy away from cliche's, but this car felt very planted and almost easy to drive compared to stock. Remember, we're talking about the Fireblade here.

Moving from the Sports Hards to Sports Softs, a tire choice much more suited to such a car, the times (as expected) fell drastically. Turning in a time of 1:24.162 without much effort at all. The biggest advantage from the tire switch wasn't surprisingly the ability to carry more speed. The car is still able to break itself loose at high speeds though, doing so on a couple of the higher speed corners along the back in 5th gear. That is evidence though of this tune being well done since that would be an aerodynamics issue more than anything else. Finally, I put the car onto some Racing Softs and ran a 1:20.271. I KNOW this car is faster, but I just couldn't muster up the time to prove it.

Ronald6's tune then. The car's transmission was sorted out into a usable piece of metal from something just there to occupy the driver while accelerating. The cars power was available when it should've been, and first gear was watered down in a good way to keep the car on track... literally. The tank slappers were still a problem on all but the Racing Softs, but that may just be a tendency of this car versus some others.

Ronald6's Caterham Seven Fireblade Tune Bullets
Tested on Deep Forest Raceway.
Best Times:
Sports Hards: 1:28.306
Sports Softs: 1:24.162
Racing Softs: 1:20.271

• A well balanced planted tune capable of consistently good track times.
  • A transmission that is useful instead of simply making the car weigh more.
  • Still has a tendency to get into a "tank slapper" on all but Racing Softs.

Overall this is a good tune. It takes a vehicle that should be a standout performer in GT and makes it so that it can be by almost any driver. And taking a car like this from an "expert driver only" status to an "any driver status" while adding another hundred horsepower is putting your best foot forward.

Now if only we could stop bashing our heads on the roll cage when we're driving out on the town! :dopey:

Ronald6's Tune of the Caterham Seven Fireblade:

👍 👍 👍 👍 👎

4/5 thumbs up.

RUF Yellowbird

30477c4e.jpg

This is going to be a review of all of the current pertinent tunes for this Yellowbird. Credit for the photo goes to No_OBsT33R.

Tunes included in this review are:

1. Budious of Deep Forest Tunery: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4860115&posted=1#post4860115

2. BlueShift: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150838

3. No_OBsT33R: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200971

4. dr_slump: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5236851#post5236851

5. praiano63: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5247428#post5247428

6. Adrenaline: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5248287#post5248287

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Methods
All of these cars were run in a 5 lap set around Deep Forest. The reason for running only 5 laps is because I was running so many cars, that I didn't want to become used to the car (you'll read more about this problem later). The tuners selected were selected to be run in a random order, and run on separate days. Deep Forest was selected because it is a track that I know where the hidden seconds are, and because it has a number of off camber turns, on camber turns, crests, dips, high speeds, high speed corners, low speed corners. In other words, it is a challenging track. All tunes were reviewed using the DS3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stock Times: 1:28's Cold. 100% stock + engine rebuild, chassis rebuild.​

Deep Forest Tunery

-------------------------------------

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87

The following tune of the RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 capitalizes on both of the newest features implemented in the 1.06 patch. I have used ballast to give the car a 50/50 weight distribution making handling more predictable. The new Nurburgring Edition now features a fully customized gearbox and tuned limited slip differential.

Updated: February 20, 2011 - Spec II - Nurburgring Edition released, featuring fully customized gearbox, tuned LSD, ballast in nose for 50/50 weight distribution, and a lower ride height.

Spec I - Pulled for complete refit.

Spec II - Nurburgring Edition
--------------
523HP/6200RPM
447FT-LB/5200RPM
1161KG (w/ ballast wt)
560PP
* Purchase at used car dealership
-------
GT Auto
-------
+ Oil Change
-------------
Tune Shop
-------
+ Weight Reduction 3
+ Chassis Reinforcement
* Ballast System:
@ Ballast Amount: 80KG
@ Ballast Position: -50
-------
+ Engine Tune 2
-------
!Note: You must first set Final Gear and Top Speed sliders to get the available gear ratio ranges in some cases.
+ Customizable Transmission
@ Top Speed: 224 MPH (will display 231 MPH at top when fully setup)
@ Final Gear: 3.000
@ 1st: 3.600
@ 2nd: 2.300
@ 3rd: 1.600
@ 4th: 1.200
@ 5th: 0.975
@ 6th: 0.825
-------
+ Customizable LSD
@ Initial: 21
@ Acceleration: 28
@ Deceleration: 23
-------
+ Fully Customizable Suspension
@ Ride Height: -12 F / -12 R
@ Spring Rate: 6.6 F / 6.6 R
@ Extension: 6 / 6
@ Compression: 7 / 7
@ Anti-Roll Bar: 4 / 4
@ Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
@ Toe: 0.00 / 0.00
-------
* Brake Controller @ 5 / 5
-------
+ Sport Soft
-------

Spec III? -

To start off, credits to Budious and Deep Forest Tunery for providing this tune to the community. Though this car is not "maxed out" I felt that because it utilized ballast it was a pertinent tune to be reviewed in this company. The problem is though, my test car had already been maxed out to test in the "Project Blackbird" thread. As such, my car is producing 214 more horsepower. This is clearly problematic in terms of AT LEAST the LSD and transmission settings for a car like this.

That said. I ran it on Racing Softs as opposed to Sports Softs. Not to "make up for the horsepower" but, all of the other cars are running on R compound tires, and I felt that this was the best I could do for an "even" comparison.

So then, how does a RUF Yellowbird tuned for 523HP handle 737HP? Well, great actually!

This car ran very similar to No_OBsT33R's tune. The only real complaint I have with it, is that it has a touch of snap oversteer. This could be because of the added power or modifications. The LSD and trans are obviously out of sorts, but even WITH that extra HP, this car still managed a best lap of 1:18.503 around Deep Forest and as you'll come to find out, that's rather quick.

I'm essentially going to plead with Budious to update this tune. Consider operating it at full mod, or convince the community that the car is faster with less horsepower. As soon as another Yellowbird becomes available in my UCD, I'll be giving this car a better run through at it's designed spec. Until then, Budious, feel free to make the car and tune available to me as I'd happily give it a fair shake.

Until then I'm going to refrain from offering my rating out of 5 thumbs simply because I'm testing the car under conditions that the tuner hadn't intended. But it's VERY promising.

BlueShift

Back to the shop

Cylinder : 3366 cm3
Power : 741 bph @ 6300 rpm
Torque : 825 Nm @ 6300 rpm
Transmission : RR
Weigth : 1080kg

Weigth-to-power ratio : 1.457

---

Like the A/C Cobra, this car is a tuning Everest !

So I'm not sure I made a good work or not, since it's a very uneffective car and a really hard to control car to drive. It's drifting. A lot.

This car setup is also a first attempt at using self-modelizing formulas, especially with spring rates and ride height, brakes and anti-roll bars.
Using these improved a lot the car so I think I found something usefull there but I need more tests. Unfortunuatly, these formulas use the true ride height, and the only way to find it was making the hypothesis that the stock GT4 car had the same ride height than the stock GT5 car. It will also won't work on car that we don't know the true ride heght (or it's hidden somewhere in the menus of GT5, I didn't saw)

Also, before a lot of you complains for the drifting car it is, you migth want to learn how the car performs in real life. Click here if you want to see the man with the bigest underwears in the world.

For this car especially, any input, comments, improvements or suggestions are very welcome.

---

All parts/oil change

Body/Chassis
- Dynamics (Front/Rear) : - / -

Transmission
- Top Speed : 440 km/h

Drive-train
Adjustable LSD (Front/Rear)
- Initial Torque : -/5
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/5
- Braking Sensitivity : -/8

Torque Sensing Center Differential (Front/Rear)
- Torque Split : -/-

Suspension
Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -11/-32
- Spring Rate : 9.0/13.5
- Dampers (Extension) : 3/2
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/5
- Anti-Roll Bars : 4/6

Wheel Alignment (Front/Rear)
- Camber angle : +0.0/-0.3
- Toe Angle : +0.0/+0.5

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 3/4

Drive aids
- ABS : 1
Else all off

Tires
- Racing Soft/Soft mandatory.

Tuning circuit
- Rome (~1'11)
- Suzuka (2'13.595)
- Deep forest
- SS R7 (~377km/h)

Tips
- counterturn OR accelerate. Choose.
- I wouldn't recommend changing her top speed, it helps keeping her on the road aswell.
- You may want to put ASM on to learn the car.
- Old school driving technics, like pumping accel while drifting or pumping brakes before a curve helps a lot. She's a really difficult car to control.
- I repeat : this setup is not perfect but it's definitly an improvement over the stock version. Combination of RR + high torque is quite a bad car ingeneer idea imo.
- I challenge you on Suzuka ! :) (I was using RH -15/-36 with 7.9/11.9 springs/no ASM but there was damper compression that hit the ride)

Back to the shop

Again, credit to BlueShift for making this tune available to the community. Unfortunately, this one needs to be dusted off a bit. The original tune was done in December of 2010, and updated the following February. Obviously, the game has made changes and I think BlueShift should consider looking into them. He does mention that this was one of his earlier tunes... so consider that.

All of the excuses aside... BlueShift has been able to put down some impressive lap times claiming a 2:13.595 on Suzuka. Unfortunately, I think BlueShift has "suffered" if you can call it that, from actually learning how to drive the car rather than letting the tuning improve the times. BlueShift is clearly a fan of underutilizing the LSD and this car is a prime example. The settings are very low, and the car will spin the R compounds in 4th gear at high speed while cornering. The car also has quite a lot of snap oversteer, it's unstable under braking, and is generally very Yellowbird-esque. This is why it ends up crossing the line backwards, sideways, upside down, or generally any other way than normally at Deep Forest and could only muster as near as makes no difference in this company, a 1:22+.

I'm not sure if BlueShift is using a wheel or not, and as has been evidenced by Adrenaline, this car is almost positively more controllable with a wheel. That said... the wheel doesn't come with GT5 and the DS3 does. I'd offer the constructive criticism (and a challenge) to BlueShift to go back to his tracks that he has his claimed times for, and see if he can replicate those times in a 5 lap set. I'd also suggest to leave the car alone for awhile and come back to it as I suspect most of the speed gained through this tune is gained more from learning the car, and less from the tune.

Sadly this car receives a 1 thumb rating. But happily, I hope that BlueShift revisits this tune as I'm confident it can be competitive.

👍 👎 👎 👎 👎

No_OBsT33R and Project RUF Blackbird Grip

NrburgringNordschleife_35.png

This Project is dedicated to Tuning a Driver Friendly '87 RUF CTR.

Intro

I'm in the process of Tuning a RUF Yellowbird into a track devouring Blackbird. I'm looking to deal with the crazy oversteer, while maintaining the CTR's ability to carve a corner with the tail end out. The 87 CTR is unfortunately a fundamentally flawed car. Well to be true, it's really the 87 Porsche 911 that is flawed the CTR just brings those flaws to a more plain view. The weight balance of the vehicle from placing the engine behind the rear drive axle has put much of the cars weight far too much to the rear of the car. This is not ideal and the car handles like a hammer being thrown. The heavy side always wants to go around the light side. With the added power of the RUF, those rear wheels don't have much of a chance. However the CTR has used this fundamental flaw to it's advantage. The CTR is highly "tossable" and will track the front tires relatively easy with the rear's smoking away. This makes for an extremely "fun" car to drive. At the same time it's hurting lap times, but who cares when they are fishtailing around the 'Ring.

30477c4e.jpg

I want to give this beast more performance around the track while getting oversteer in check, but at the same time retain that "Yellowbird" Character the CTR is known for.

0f515fe5.jpg

While still targeting a "Grip" Tune, what are the benchmarks I should go after? Hot laps around certain tracks with lap times under a accepted "fast" time, while maintaining good acceleration & top speed?

If so

What would be some good lap time targets etc?

I will keep the tune process updated here with how I'm tuning, what I'm doing and why etc. The goal is a contained FAST 86 RUF.

I'd also like to mention that so far the Yellowbird set ups I've tried have not done the cars ability justice IMHO. I've not tried them all so if there is a good one that you tried post it up, but no Tuners promoting their own Tunes please..

PROJECT UPDATE

DEMO VIDEOS

These are video demonstrations of the set up at work, they are ment to show the car's ballance and how much more composed the car is after being tuned up right.

Final Stages of Tuning at Eigar Nordwand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMx09pIJk8

A "Yellow Bird" becomes The "Black Bird" Grand Valley Lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvpaQbYExI

UPDATE SETTINGS RELEASED

0001-2.jpg

Thanks for checking out the project.

NrburgringNordschleife_37.jpg

No_OBsT33Rs tune is primarily responsible for bringing the tuning of the Yellowbird to the front of tuners heads. Without giving him more credit than he deserves, he simply started a thread entitled "Project Blackbird" that set out with a goal of tuning a "driver friendly" version of this car. I think its interpreted best as a car that can go as fast as possible for as many users as possible.

To do this, the thing that sets No_OBsT33Rs tune apart from all of the others except for Deep Forest Tunery's is that it uses ballast. No_OBsT33R elected to go with 50KG MORE than Budious chose to use on the DFT tune. Budious is claiming a 50/50 weight distribution... I'm not certain how weight distribution is calculated in game, but I'd imagine it'd be rather straight forward to get a rough estimate of the 50/50. Budious also elected to place the ballast all the way forward while it seems that No_OBsT33R has made an attempt at locating it closer to the front axle. (-50 vs. -47)

Adding the ballast does 2 things.
1. It adds weight, therefore making the car heavier than necessary.
and
2. It makes the car absolutely glorious to drive.

When I first lapped this "Blackbird" around Deep Forest I was able to put down a 1:19 and change on the first lap. The subsequent laps have all been in the 1:15's and 1:16's with a best time on Deep Forest of: 1:15.437. There is no question that this is currently the best tune available for the RUF Yellowbird to date for 98% of the GT5 community. However, it does NEED to come with that caveat of 98% of the GT5 community. Because simply put... if a user chose to spend some intimate time with this car, other tunes CAN be faster. I'm not certain that the 131 extra kilos eliminates THIS tune from having that same ability (ie: learn the car, come back, use this tune) though. Still... setting out with a project goal of a "driver friendly" Yellowbird, mission accomplished. This is THE driver friendly tune. The car is baby bottom smooth in it's transitions... probably one of the best tuned cars I've driven in terms of transitioning from grip, to drift, and back. It's just a pleasure to be able to chuck this car in, and be able to get it back without scuffing a bumper.

However, it's not without it's problems. He painted it black. :lol: Seriously though... I suspect this tune can still be polished up a bit, but I've had a VERY difficult time finding many faults with it. The advice I'd offer to No_OBsT33R would be to get with Budious over at Deep Forest Tunery and perhaps share some notes. It seems both tuners realized that the ballast was the answer, and (for obvious reasons) these two tunes felt the best. I think theres still some tweaking to be done in how much weight and where exactly to place it, hence why Budious and No_OBsT33R getting together would be a big thing for this car.

Ultimately, No_OBsT33Rs "Project Blackbird" is a FANTASTIC example of the breed.

5 Thumbs Up

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

dr_slump

BIG UPDATE! THE FINAL YB TUNE!
Ok, here's my tune.
The goal was to make it as fast and manageable as possible.
The result is a extremely easy car to drive and the laptimes are just unbelievable low.
Enjoy!

You need all tuning parts!
Cassis reinforcement is optional, but I recommend it.

Ballast:
kg : 0
Position : 0 (!!!)

Transmission:
Top Speed: 155mph/249kph
Final: 2.500
1st: 2.893
2nd: 2.065
3rd: 1.655
4th: 1.360
5th: 1.140
6th: 0.950
(A big thank to Adrenaline (and RJ?))

LSD
- Initial Torque : 8
- Acceleration : 17
- Braking : 11
(easy mode: 12/17/10)

Suspension
- Ride Height : -32/-26
- Spring Rate : 11.6/14.3
- Dampers (Extension) : 5/7
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/6
- Anti-Roll Bars : 7/4

- Camber angle : 2.2/2.4
- Toe Angle : -0.35/+0.30

Brakes
- Brake Balance 7/4

Tires
-Race Soft

Please give it a go and let me know how it is.

(all aids off, except ABS 1)

dr_slump's tune is currently the fastest "non-ballast" tune able to run a best of: 1:17.992 in the 5 lap set. It's worth noting that the first lap was a 1:19.050. This 1:19 target is roughly where most of the "fast tunes" seem to fall for me. This is either attributed to my driving style, or the fact that the tuners have picked up most of their time through learning the cars. Personally I think I could probably run a low 1:17 lap with slumps car, but I don't think that it has much more than that. This car feels the most like a "stock" Yellowbird. Meaning it has CLEARLY been tuned, but it retains the same "feel" as the stock car WOULD have, if it came from the factory with 737HP. This is a great achievement that shouldn't be overshadowed by the car being "slower".

In saying that, this car and No_OBsT33Rs are completely different both in feel and principle. While slumps tune is also smooth, it's not buttery smooth like No_OBsT33Rs.

For dr_slump I'll be passing along a rating of 4/5 thumbs because it is the fastest non ballast tune so far.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👎

praiano63

RUF CTR "Yellow bird" '87 SPEC 3/4 or 5 don't remember...

eigernordwandcourts.jpg

eigernordwandcourt1jk.jpg

azurt.jpg

Here we go !!

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 Fully tuned
670 ch
1091 kg
580 pp

Transmission:
1: 2738
2: 1935
3: 1430
4: 1105
5: 0885
6: 0732
Final: 3800 Adapt to the track .

- Top Speed : 335 km/h

Drive-train
- Initial Torque : -/08
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/24
- Braking Sensitivity : -/17

Suspension
Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -30/-30
- Spring Rate : 7.5/11.0
- Dampers (Extension) : 6/9
- Dampers (Compression) : 6/7
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/7

- Camber angle : 1.5/1.5
- Toe Angle : -0.35/+0.55

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 7/4

TIRES : R3 / R3

Drive aids;

Else all off ,
Thank you alls ,ENJOY (again)

praiano63's tune was similar to dr_slumps tune in that it felt like a "stock" Yellowbird. It's worth noting that praiano63's tune was updated just while I've been writing this review, which is good because I thought there was an error in the gear ratios prior to the update, but all is in order now.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to run this tune as fast as dr_slumps tune despite them feeling similar to me. The best I was able to run on the 5 lap set at Deep Forest was 1:19.487. This puts it "in the pack" with that 1:19 crowd, and since this review is thorough, I'll suggest the same "put the car down for awhile, and come back to it to see if you still like the tune" advice that I've passed on to everyone else.

This tune garners 3/5 thumbs.

👍 👍 👍 👎 👎

Adrenaline

Alright... I had some time with your tune praiano and I'm sorry to say, I think it was a step in the wrong direction from your previous tune. The second one you made worked the best for me so far. I found this one to be really hard to control overall. If it works for you, that's what matters, but my personal opinion was that your 2nd tune, was not only more stable, but faster.

I'd actually like a few people to try this following tune out.
This isn't the most recent draft, as I'm still working on that one with RJ, but this one is the progress I had made with slump, praiano and RJ's initial tunes, that I think combines the best of each.

AdrenaTUne

Ballast
If you like a more stable feel, put 0kg at -50.
If you want a neutral feel, put 0kg at 0. (Reset to default)
If you like a free feel, put 0kg at +50. (Feel free to find sweet spots in between)

Suspension
-31 / -18
11.8 / 14.0
9 / 6
9 / 8
7 / 3

Alignment
2.0 / 2.8
-0.70 / +0.50

LSD: 15/20/5 (If you want more conservative: 15/18/5, more on throttle oversteer: 15/22/5)

Brake Bal: 7/5

Transmission (In order of needed adjustment)
Final: 2.500 (This is my 'base' final, for shorter tracks adjust it higher, for example at Deep Forest you'll barely get into 6th)

I can not claim the above to be entirely of my own creation, multiple tuners helped adapt this tune from it's original version. I put a lot of work into it and put together what I feel is a solid tune that shares both speed and control, but the final draft is yet to come. I want to get some feedback from other drivers/tuners so I can ensure that the tune doesn't become too specific to my own style, before it's finalized. I want you all to be a part of the progress we're making as a group, so lets see what you have to say. Thanks guys.

I used the following 3 tracks to base this tune, and my best laps with this tune are included.
Top Gear Test Track 1:05.929
Grand Valley Speedway 1:48.878
Deep Forest Raceway 1:11.674

Last and certainly not least is a tune that I really didn't want to put in because I know that it isn't even nearly finished. My primary reason for adding it is to add the compliments to the tuner (as they're deserved) and get some of the feedback out there.

First, this tune feels the best hands down of the "non-ballasted" cars. It feels rock solid, and seems as though it will do what you ask of it. Still though I was only able to muster a 1:19.396 around Deep Forest. That said, I think this tune is capable of running dr_slump times as I like the way this tune feels much more than I do slumps.

That all said, I know that Adrenaline, who has been famously secretive about his tunes, has been consulting with Rotary Junkie on a tune for this car and frankly, I expect big things (no pressure). Hopefully in the near future, this tune will make it's presence known and will be a tune that is useful to the community who aren't intimately familiar with the car.

This tune only being preliminary will also forgo receiving a rating because I think that Adrenaline knows what I think of it already, but I'll leave you with a "stay tuned"... haha... get it! :crazy:

The TL;DR Conclusion

1. Fastest: No_OBsT33R.
2. Most user friendly: No_OBsT33R.
3. Tune that has the most left over potential: Adrenaline.
4. Tuners who will hopefully get to talking: No_OBsT33R and Budious (of Deep Forest Tunery)

If you made it the end... thanks. If you skipped to the end... thanks.

I welcome your questions, comments, or concerns.

***Addendum to this review including an Adrenaline Junkie "final" tune, and an update to pariano63's tune.***

Last edited:
You do know the mostly-sorta-kinda-final (waiting for more feedback from more people) Adrenaline Junkie tune is up now right? :P

You do know the mostly-sorta-kinda-final (waiting for more feedback from more people) Adrenaline Junkie tune is up now right? :P

Oh bloody hell! I didn't see it yet! Where did you guys finally decide to post it?

Well then, I'll be sure to have yours amended either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm excited!

Also. Damn you. :lol:

Great read, looks like you gave everybody's tunes a fair go and are going to run the adrenal/rj tune shortly.

Thanks for the good vibes. :) I'll be sure to revisit the YB to fine tune it some more. It was the first posted draft, hasn't had the benefit of multiple fine tuning sessions. I need to de-familiarise myself a bit first, then I'll work on it some more.

I'm also welcome to share notes and I'll let him know it's not 50/50 ;)

Good job, not just because I came out on top, but just well done.

"it's butter baby" :D

I think i've still a chance yes.
Look my thread ,i've edit it in MPH , it's easiest like this. Last minute ,i've change the LSD to Adrenaline LSD 15/18/5. That was exactly what my new tune needed, it's a blast at trial mountain 1.25 regular, 1.13 500 deep forest ,and Eiger is good also . Adrenaline have my TOE, i have his LSD>>.... life is fun..

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5247428#post5247428

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaactually he doesn't have your toe any more. ;) And that's not the LSD being used either. :P

This car let me mad. i can't sleep anymore. Anyway, he don't use -70/+50 , that's the upper part. But this LSD fit like a glove to my car.

Above everything ,the refit body and motor i've made at the shop increase my power 70 ch .i have forget to do that during all this time.

Now i'm happy, don't need to fix or change anything. i go to bed. I believe my set is good now.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaactually he doesn't have your toe any more. ;) And that's not the LSD being used either. :P

I did for the tune that's under my name, not the one we(you) built together.

As for the LSD, he's referring to the advice I gave him via PM to help get his LSD working better.

Thank you for the great review!👍
3. place is a lot better than I thought to end. DF(=:crazy:)+DS3=:yuck:

1. Fastest: No_OBsT33R.
2. Most user friendly: No_OBsT33R.
3. Tune that has the most left over potential: Adrenaline.
4. Tuners who will hopefully get to talking: No_OBsT33R and Budious (of Deep Forest Tunery)
1. ..........(ITEOTB)
2. Agree, by far the easiest!
3. ehhmm... yes could be.
4. :( (It's ok, really! :lol:)

Good job!

It's not over !!
I'm a big fan of my tune ! wait and see!!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201649
Noobster tune is very good and easy ,i agree..

Not over... yeah.
I think you can't say no_obst33rs tune is generally the fastest. (But I think his tune is the best for the most out there, cause it's the easiest and most balanced)
It depends on many factors: driving skills, DS3 or wheel, track (bumpy, flat), experience, driving style. If I would do a review (already done a couple feedbacks in the project thread) on a track like Grand Valley Speedway, the result would be quite different.

Not over... yeah.
I think you can't say no_obst33rs tune is generally the fastest. (But I think his tune is the best for the most out there, cause it's the easiest and most balanced)
It depends on many factors: driving skills, DS3 or wheel, track (bumpy, flat), experience, driving style. If I would do a review (already done a couple feedbacks in the project thread) on a track like Grand Valley Speedway, the result would be quite different.

I didn't say "faster" but good (driving) and easy . I drive with G27 and i can say my setup is also easy and very fast. Not this one that appear at the upper part of this page ,but the one of my tunes link , updated..
So, wait and see:nervous::) ...

I didn't say "faster" but good (driving) and easy . I drive with G27 and i can say my setup is also easy and very fast. Not this one that appear at the upper part of this page ,but the one of my tunes link , updated..
So, wait and see:nervous::) ...

Yes, but I wanted to show how it might differ when another one tests them. The easiness will probably be perceived the same, the speed is the tricky thing.
But everyone did a great job (tuners and reviewers)👍. It's just fair to compare them all by himself.

Yes, but I wanted to show how it might differ when another one tests them. The easiness will probably be perceived the same, the speed is the tricky thing.
But everyone did a great job (tuners and reviewers)👍. It's just fair to compare them all by himself.

You're right . Specialy this car , it's so sharp that it must be tuned for every or almost every track. That's why settings exist. For example my car is very very bad at gran valley, i can't do a fast lap without going in the grass. But it's 1.02 regular on Eiger // 1.59 on suzuka//1.25.500-26.000 on trial mountain // 1.12 forest.. but only eiger and trial m> are not giving a lot of work to be fast.
What we are looking for ,i's like the St Graal. Quiet Impossible.
I think we have to concentrate ourself on an only track tune for the next time.

Addendum to the RUF Review

Alright... while I was writing my full review a couple things happened.

1. Adrenaline and Rotary Junkie (Adrenaline Junkie) released their latest updated tune. and...
2. praiano63 released an updated tune using a new differential setting.

First up: Adrenaline Junkie's tune.

Trial isn't DF.

And according to Adrenaline we've got a mostly-kinda drivable setup at Trial... Mid 1:23s if I'm not mistaken.

-20 / -15
6.6 / 13.9
9 / 7
8 / 5
2 / 1

2.0 / 2.8
+0.15 / +0.25

17/19/8

Transmission (In order of needed adjustment)
Final: 2.500 (This is my 'base' final, for shorter tracks adjust it higher, for example at Deep Forest you'll barely get into 6th)

Brake balance at probably 7/4. Not quite entirely final yet I don't think but close. Ballast at 0kg, 0 position. Feedback from someone else would be welcomed in case Adrenaline is driving through issues on me.

Originally the thing I liked most about the AJ tune was that it had a solid controllable feel. Since making a solid consistent feeling car was one of the project goal's of "Project RUF Blackbird" (though not necessarily MY project goal) I wasn't surprised. The car, while obviously VERY capable of being fast, much like ALL of these cars here... simply wasn't all that remarkable posting an original time on Deep Forest of: 1:19.396.

With the latest release of the tune, I can easily report that the tunes are essentially night and day. The problem though is there WAS a stable slow car, and now there's a squirrelly... well... not squirrelly... wandering? fast car. Allow me to explain.

In driving the AJ car, the car INSTANTLY felt more dialed in. Despite not wanting to run the car last night since I had been driving another Yellowbird tune for most of the day, I couldn't wait. So I strapped in, and ran some laps. It made me giggle a little bit at how the lap times just kept melting off. 1:19, 1:17, 1:16 until finally I settled on a 1:15.311. Running a 1:15.311 on Deep Forest is currently the fastest time I've been able to put down in any of the Yellowbirds (or Blackbirds for that matter), but there's a caveat.

In most of my reviews you'll notice that I mentioned that I thought that most of the tuners were gaining significant times from simply putting in excessive hours on the car. Coincidentally, every tuner currently has their tune being the fastest, and I think that may have been the case with the AJ tune. I started today with putting in some solid laps in a variety of different cars to sort of cleanse my palette before moving back to the AJ car and one other updated version of the Yellowbird. Not surprisingly, my lap times reflected this as I was running higher than average lap times.

Cutting through my excuses and getting to some usable information... I think this car is better than the tuneset that I reviewed. I think that it feels just a touch less stable with it wanting to constantly wander around a little on straights. I tested it with both of my DS3's to be sure it wasn't controller related. It seems almost like torque steer, or an unstable toe setup. The cars gearing seemed slightly off, but I'm not really sure why, perhaps just the variation between the taller early gears and shorter late gears, or perhaps I've just become used to hearing the gearbox sound one way? The new LSD is very good and the car felt usable through turns. I think that it's biggest fault is that it has that tendency to wander around, which carries over into the turns.

Realistically, I think my initial review was spot on with the potential that this car has. I think this tune shows that it really can run some solid, fast, controllable laps and because it IS the fastest beating even the ballasted cars, I'll give this car the fastest award with an asterisk. That asterisk is that you need to learn the car, and that asterisk can really be applied to any of the other tunes as well, because I suspect if I had been testing a new dr_slump tune at that time, that IT would have seemed the fastest as well.

All of that in place, I'll leave this car with 2 things.
1. The fastest car award* with an asterisk. and...
2. A 4/5 thumbs award. The reason to shy away from the perfect 5 is because the car simply can't be bought, tuned, and beat all of the other tunes in here the WAY that No_OBsT33Rs tune can, AND I'm not convinced that in that WAY any of the other tunes couldn't be just as fast.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👎
* This car is the fastest of the lot, but I suspect that with enough time spent with any of the non-ballasted tunes they could all be just as fast. Sort of a take your pick based on driving style.

Secondly then, Pariano's tune.

RUF CTR "Yellow bird" '87 SPEC 3...

azurt.jpg

Here we go !!

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 Fully tuned
After a body and motor refit at the shop ,new power (70 ch more)
and now
741 ch
1091 kg
593 pp

km/h miles... never give the same..
So i've select miles on my game. it give this.
1- put the max speed at 199 mph
2- final speed at 3400 (this is for Eiger)

1st =2976
2=2190
3=1675
4=1335
5=1090
6=0924

i moove the final speed depending of track to have the maximum speed in 6 gear at max rpm on each track... and do a fine tune if necessary for certain long curves that need a high rpm to gain grip . That's all.

Drive-train
- Initial Torque : -/15
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/18
- Braking Sensitivity : -/05

Suspension
Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -30/-30
- Spring Rate : 7.5/11.0
- Dampers (Extension) : 6/9
- Dampers (Compression) : 6/7
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/7

- Camber angle : 1.5/1.5
- Toe Angle : -0.35/+0.55

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 7/4

TIRES : R3 / R3

Drive aids;

Else all off ,
Thank you alls ,ENJOY (again)

With an updated set for the transmission and a new LSD, and some apparent newfound HP. This car could only go one way, and that's up.

It's worth noting that in reading through this tune a bit more thoroughly, his vehicle is 10kilos heavier than mine. I suspect that one of the weight reductions was missed, or that it was perhaps left that way on purpose. If its the latter, it might be a good idea to post exactly which parts to buy in the tune. On that note, I found it interesting that he was running such fast times with a good amount less HP. This is one of the things that I had been suggesting all along, that perhaps this car was capable of being MUCH faster if it wasn't fully tuned? So perhaps Pariano may entertain that idea.

The tune.

Officially the first time around, I ran a time of 1:19.487 around Deep Forest, however with the new setup, I was able to get that time easily down to 1:17.244. This is a big improvement but the time only indicates half of the benefit. This car didn't impress me too much, it felt eerily similar to dr_slumps in the fact that it was a high powered car that felt "stock" in the way it handled. With the new settings though, it felt much more like Adrenaline's originally reviewed tune; stable, controllable, poised.

That said, I feel like this (along with dr_slumps tune) may be at a plateau. Both of the tunes feel very much like they've given all that they're going to give to 99% of the GT community. Can they be driven faster. Absolutely without a doubt, as I've seen it done. Will more tuning make them faster... perhaps. But, I'm not sure if more tuning will make them faster for that 99%.

With that, this tune can surely be brought up to dr_slumps level as it has technically posted a faster time. The difference in times being less than 7 tenths, I would normally say is huge, but in a car like the Yellowbird, it could simply be the difference between what you told the car to do and what it actually did. HOWEVER none of that should be a discredit to dr_slump OR praiano or ANY of the other tuners really. This car is a nightmare from the RUF shop's and these fine chaps have taken countless hours to make it usable for the community.

So the tune gets 4/5 thumbs.
👍 👍 👍 👍 👎

But the whole effort from the large crop of tuners that came together and worked through the bickering to bring a great car to the masses gets 5 thumbs up, and I'll give myself 5 cheesy faces for these remarks as well.

Tuners:
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

EivlEvo:
:dopey::dopey::dopey::dopey::dopey:

Just one last closing thought. This car's greatest weakness is the lack of downforce available for it.

Good. You're right, it still dificult to drive, noobster have found the set point.
But i didn't forget nothing for the weight. I don't know why, in Brasil i've buy a portuguese version of GT5 ??? don't know
For the power, i've driven a lot this cars those weeks, and it loose power. 70 ch. i realize it just when i went at the GT auto. I'm traveling and i play on a little 20" tv. With zoom it's dificult to see the numbers , that's it.
Thanks for the review and sorry for my english.
Cheers

praiano63
Good. You're right, it still dificult to drive, noobster have found the set point.
But i didn't forget nothing for the weight. I don't know why, in Brasil i've buy a portuguese version of GT5 ??? don't know
For the power, i've driven a lot this cars those weeks, and it loose power. 70 ch. i realize it just when i went at the GT auto. I'm traveling and i play on a little 20" tv. With zoom it's dificult to see the numbers , that's it.
Thanks for the review and sorry for my english.
Cheers

I think your English is fine considering it's not your mother tongue. It's when members can speak it and choose to pervert the language with slang like"mang" that's an issue.

Glad to see a wide variety of options for people looking for a YB. It seems if you want it we got it.

Ey meng whatchoo sayin' bout the way I talk? You wan trouble blad? :lol:

Front toe is likely the reason for the "wandering" on straights; neutral or toe-out would probably help it but hurt corner exit.

Oh the joys of tuning without touching the car.

Look at that, 1'11"939 deep forest Yellow bird. Only Fastdrenaline to go down this?? let's try!
On my wonderfull tv Daewoo 20". Some fog....tomorow i'll buy an HD downtown Paramaribo.
ybdfr.jpg

Praiano... thats fast. No doubt. And I believe that ALL of these tunes are capable of being fast in their own right. I typically try to review for a player that buys the car, likes it, mods it, tunes it, and wants to drive it.

The other reason why my times mean almost nothing in terms of another is that my times are my times. If I run the stock car and it runs a 1:30, and then I use someone's tune and am able to run a 1:00. That saves me 30 seconds. If the tuner is a better driver, and buys the stock car and runs a 1:20 and then tunes the car and runs a 0:50, it's still a 30 second time difference, even though they're faster.

Deep down inside though, I'm disappointed that I can't run anywhere close to your times. I mean... I think all of you are using wheels, and I'm on the controller, but seriously... 5 seconds! Is my driving really that far off the pace?

Lastly... never apologize for your english. I sure as hell couldn't speak Portuguese well enough to communicate on a message board.

Praiano... thats fast. No doubt. And I believe that ALL of these tunes are capable of being fast in their own right. I typically try to review for a player that buys the car, likes it, mods it, tunes it, and wants to drive it.

The other reason why my times mean almost nothing in terms of another is that my times are my times. If I run the stock car and it runs a 1:30, and then I use someone's tune and am able to run a 1:00. That saves me 30 seconds. If the tuner is a better driver, and buys the stock car and runs a 1:20 and then tunes the car and runs a 0:50, it's still a 30 second time difference, even though they're faster.

Deep down inside though, I'm disappointed that I can't run anywhere close to your times. I mean... I think all of you are using wheels, and I'm on the controller, but seriously... 5 seconds! Is my driving really that far off the pace?

Lastly... never apologize for your english. I sure as hell couldn't speak Portuguese well enough to communicate on a message board.

Hahaha. ok . Look , this diference between wheels and pads is very big when you're talking about cars like "Yellow bird" i don't know how do you do that. On G 27 you must be like a feather on throttle, floor your brake with an egg under your foot, and drive your wheel with 2 fingers each side only.
I know pads, since 2000 and GT1, there is a big diference.
Buy a wheel !! The only danger is that you can't sleep anymore after that.....

Nice laps praiano. My best was 1:11.2xx in the old thread, but that was with the very first edition of RJ's tune. I'd hope to break into the 10's with the current set up, but it could be wishful thinking.
At the advice of others I have taken time off from the YB, to come back later and see how it feels. Not to mention RJ hasn't sent me any new adjustments he wants to try yet.
I was planning on buying an Audi RS6 Avant, but audirs never posted any lap times, so I guess there's no point.
Maybe instead I'll hop in the YB and take it to Deep Forest.

EivlEvo, definitely get a wheel. Not because they're faster, but because the game is that much more fun with one.

Rotary Junkie
Ey meng whatchoo sayin' bout the way I talk? You wan trouble blad? :lol:

Front toe is likely the reason for the "wandering" on straights; neutral or toe-out would probably help it but hurt corner exit.

Oh the joys of tuning without touching the car.

Yeeehhh mang dats whut I b tawkin bout.

Shoot me!

We should list where each tune shines (track) so people know the track types suited to the tune. I spent my time finalizing my tune at Eigar, GVS, & Nurburgring.

Back