Renown Tuning Unleashed ™

What's is the best drag car?

The Speedhunters R32 is fantastic for quarter mile stints, as is Rado's Scion. The Huayra (you have to adjust the ratios, otherwise it'll top out at 211) is good as a beginner car for standing mile as you can get it up to 260+, from there go with the Veyron, Rado's Tc, the Viper, or the CCX.

Those are just the ones I've tested thus far...but as of right now the Veyron is the be-all end-all.

Speaking of the Veyron, the Works Conversion handles like an absolute POS. The rear end steps out all the time (as if it wants to do nothing but drift) and it feels absolutely weightless. The only good thing about it is it's steering sharpness and general inability to oversteer (you can countersteer too easily). For the time being, I'm going to refuse filling this particular request until I've had some time with it. If I can reconcile the problem I'll make note of it, if not then you won't be seeing it here. At least not from me.

It's like the E46 M3 from the first Shift all over again.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06R GT3

PI Rating: A-1590

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 41.00
R. Tire Pressure - 42.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 11.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 18.00
Caster Angle - 12.00
F. Toe Angle - 19.00
R. Toe Angle - 22.00
F. Camber - 32.00
R. Camber - 35.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 2.00
R. Ride Height - 2.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 6.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 5.00
L. Slip Preload - 0.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 10.00
R. Downforce - 10.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 5.00
R. Sway Bar - 3.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 0.00
R. Bump Stop - 0.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 1.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 1.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 1.00

Drivetrain

Final - 6.00
1st - 0.00 [Actual: 10.00]
2nd - 1.00 [Actual: 6.42]
3rd - 1.00 [Actual: 4.89]
4th - 1.00 [Actual: 4.06]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.36]
6th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.73]
7th - N/A [Actual: N/A]

Disclaimer: Fastest lap at London River: 1:18.939 (Q).

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Speaking of the Veyron, the Works Conversion handles like an absolute POS. The rear end steps out all the time (as if it wants to do nothing but drift) and it feels absolutely weightless. The only good thing about it is it's steering sharpness and general inability to oversteer (you can countersteer too easily). For the time being, I'm going to refuse filling this particular request until I've had some time with it. If I can reconcile the problem I'll make note of it, if not then you won't be seeing it here. At least not from me.

So if I'm reading this correctly you're stating you would rather have cocktails with Darkos or attend a book reading with ZZTopBosco than tune the Veyron :)

That's really odd, because I find the handling very predictable and controllable.

And apparently I'm not the only one.

http://shift2.wrecord.com/statistics.php?t=3

What does it being at the top of some random leaderboard have to do with anything? It does 250+ stock, 271+ with the works, and 300+ with the drag upgrades. It's nothing but straight line speed and aided acceleration; it's easy enough for me to obliterate the current world and regional records for London River with the Veyron but that still won't change it's apparent weightlessness and eagerness to drift around any and every corner.

The rear end sways like it's fastened to a rolling cart, the steering is so responsive to the point where it actually feels floaty, and it has a general inability to oversteer unless you hop a rumble strip when entering a corner. It's not a matter of it being predictable and/or controllable (I've even said it was) it's the simple fact it's useless for anything but speed. Having the works package on really only emphasizes the characteristics the stock car already has, it doesn't really improve anything. The stock Veyron is a little bit better but still a POS in the same regard, IMO.

Thanks for the Z06R GT3 👍

Now thats better.

Its a surprise on how neutral it is while sliding and how easy it is to control with only the throttle. The front still drags a bit but nothing that can be avoided by letting the engine do its work while turn in and around a corner.

Using the throttle to oversteer a bit if I go a wide though means losing A LOT of time in this car because of its slooow recovering. That redline takes an eternity to reach or it does not rev enough :ouch:

I expected this car to behave along the lines of that SLS we took around Spa but it handles well in a predictable manner. I still cant just throw the car to a corner or the front drag I mention shows up. Not unexpected with that huge engine placed in the wrong place :D

Its the slowest car in GT3. Maybe I just don't know how to drive it better but for now this is my opinion on the car.

While I'm at this, i'll now say something about the Alpina . Last time I drove it seemed different for better.

Maybe, like the Gallardo and others, had its data changed after the patches making the tune a bit off. And with the Alpina its just not the gearing but also the handling. That front seems to have a will of its own. Its like the way I expected the 'vette to be actually, but it turns out its the opposite :boggled:

T12, just a quick thanks for your great tunes, I have used a lot of them and they have really made a big difference in making NFS S2U more enjoyable!!!!!

I do what I can. :D

With the Veyron out of my hair for the time being, I'll be able to take care of a few older requests, like the F1 and works SLS.

What does it being at the top of some random leaderboard have to do with anything? It does 250+ stock, 271+ with the works, and 300+ with the drag upgrades. It's nothing but straight line speed and aided acceleration; it's easy enough for me to obliterate the current world and regional records for London River with the Veyron but that still won't change it's apparent weightlessness and eagerness to drift around any and every corner.

The rear end sways like it's fastened to a rolling cart, the steering is so responsive to the point where it actually feels floaty, and it has a general inability to oversteer unless you hop a rumble strip when entering a corner. It's not a matter of it being predictable and/or controllable (I've even said it was) it's the simple fact it's useless for anything but speed. Having the works package on really only emphasizes the characteristics the stock car already has, it doesn't really improve anything. The stock Veyron is a little bit better but still a POS in the same regard, IMO.
Well I wouldn't say it's any "random" leaderboard, they've been producing consistent "top times" since the U2-era, with some of the best anti-cheating software available. Most of these guys are "professional" gamers. A quick look at the thread's beloved London River has the Veyron [in the hands of these guys] clocked at 1:02, that's 10 seconds quicker than just about everything to date in this thread, and I'm sure you consider yourself a pretty damn good driver. I'm producing similar times to you, but I'm nowhere near these guys. While not definitive, this is the go-to site for fastest no holds laptimes anywhere.

Regardless, I understand. Setting records and hotlapping is all about speed, not really balance. Handling and balance can be compensated by skill for the most part, but speed is all up to the game. Generally you're looking at 0 downforce cars, with as much physics/rule-abuse as possible without actually playing outside the limits of the game.

So Veyron aside, good to hear the F1 is in order. Requested that one a while back heh.

How about one for the GT3 RS?

Well I wouldn't say it's any "random" leaderboard, they've been producing consistent "top times" since the U2-era, with some of the best anti-cheating software available. Most of these guys are "professional" gamers. A quick look at the thread's beloved London River has the Veyron [in the hands of these guys] clocked at 1:02, that's 10 seconds quicker than just about everything to date in this thread, and I'm sure you consider yourself a pretty damn good driver. I'm producing similar times to you, but I'm nowhere near these guys. While not definitive, this is the go-to site for fastest no holds laptimes anywhere.

Regardless, I understand. Setting records and hotlapping is all about speed, not really balance. Handling and balance can be compensated by skill for the most part, but speed is all up to the game. Generally you're looking at 0 downforce cars, with as much physics/rule-abuse as possible without actually playing outside the limits of the game.

So Veyron aside, good to hear the F1 is in order. Requested that one a while back heh.

How about one for the GT3 RS?

1:02, huh? Somewhat of a challenge accepted. :mischievous:

And there's a tune for the RS already. Check the OP. No there isn't, my mistake.

McLaren F1

PI Rating: A-1660

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 45.00
R. Tire Pressure - 42.00
Brake Balance - 47.00
Brake Pressure - 11.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 15.00
F. Toe Angle - 21.00
R. Toe Angle - 19.00
F. Camber - 25.00
R. Camber - 27.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 2.00
R. Ride Height - 4.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 12.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 9.00
L. Slip Preload - 0.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 8.00
R. Downforce - 8.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 4.00
R. Sway Bar - 2.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 10.00
R. Bump Stop - 10.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 0.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 0.00

Drivetrain

Final - 4.00
1st - 2.00 [Actual: 8.44]
2nd - 3.00 [Actual: 5.49]
3rd - 2.00 [Actual: 4.51]
4th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.60]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.98]
6th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.34]

Disclaimer: Fastest lap at London River: 1:17.197 (S); once I'm able to put a comfortable lap together I see this doing at least a 1:14.7xx easily.

T-12 thanks a million for the McLaren F1 tune!

Just in time for the Retro boss challenge!!!!

You remembered that I asked, awesome!!!!!!

...and thnx for the GT3 Corvette as well, will be putting that to good use very soon.

Your work is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Most of those sub 1:06 times require riding the outside of the hairpin. There could be some e-braking occurring in the last section of the track as well.

That's always been the quickest way around London River.

But that doesn't make their Norschleife, RA, Spa, Silverstone, etc etc times any less impressive.

Ford GT40 Mk. I

PI Rating: C-905

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 45.00
R. Tire Pressure - 46.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 12.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 12.00
F. Toe Angle - 21.00
R. Toe Angle - 22.00
F. Camber - 32.00
R. Camber - 35.00

Stance

F. Ride Height - 3.00
R. Ride Height - 5.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 10.00
L. Slip Decceleration Lock - 10.00
L. Slip Preload - 0.00

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 3.00
R. Downforce - 2.00

Springs

F. Sway Bar - 5.00
R. Sway Bar - 2.00
F. Spring Rate - 2.00
R. Spring Rate - 2.00
F. Bump Stop - 7.00
R. Bump Stop - 7.00

Dampers

F. Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 2.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00

Drivetrain

Final - 5.00
1st - 2.00 [Actual: 9.59]
2nd - 2.00 [Actual: 6.07]
3rd - 2.00 [Actual: 4.29]
4th - 2.00 [Actual: 3.54]
5th - 2.00 [Actual: 2.68]
6th - N/A [Actual: N/A]

Disclaimer: Fastest lap at London River: 1:25.765 (Q).

The GT40 ain't even B Tier? Man that's a major disappointment. Thought it would be at least 1,200ish in PI. :grumpy:

Can someon, if possible, give a shot to a fully upgraded but no works converted murcielago, the lambo from the LE. I'm having some troubles driving it.

Thanks, no hurry.

Just took the Gallardo GT3 to race around Spa at night and I struggle to keep the car on the tarmac. Plus the last 2 very fast lefts weren't so fast - can't use 5th there - and the car was all over the place in that same corners. I took those corners faster with the SLS when we were there for the WTC...

After an hour trying to finish a lap without destroying the car I tried to tune it a bit. So I softened the swaybars (5->4) and lower everything in the drive train hoping to get top speed faster... right...

The handling is a bit better now but I still can barely use the 4th gear in full let alone the 6th.

After the last patch its definitely a different car but for the worse so, before I go insane because of this, I'd like a review of this particular tune when possible

Thanks in advance.

Oh, wow. What happened here...I forget to upload the other tunes or something?

Just took the Gallardo GT3 to race around Spa at night and I struggle to keep the car on the tarmac. Plus the last 2 very fast lefts weren't so fast - can't use 5th there - and the car was all over the place in that same corners. I took those corners faster with the SLS when we were there for the WTC...

After an hour trying to finish a lap without destroying the car I tried to tune it a bit. So I softened the swaybars (5->4) and lower everything in the drive train hoping to get top speed faster... right...

The handling is a bit better now but I still can barely use the 4th gear in full let alone the 6th.

After the last patch its definitely a different car but for the worse so, before I go insane because of this, I'd like a review of this particular tune when possible

Thanks in advance.

Will do.

Back