CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Competition: Week 28 (WINNER: Seconds)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 26 comments

THEME: Gimme Fuel, Gimme Fire

• [URL="http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/gmaniii/Ziggedzag%20Designs/NrburgringNordschleife-7.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk28.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by tonilleshusband:

"I cannot take credit for this one - Gtuned gave me such a fun theme for my first tournament
round I have to pass it on. Not only that, I'm sure Gtuned would like to participate.
Backfires, the lovely pyrotechnics we all love to see shooting from a car's exhaust.
Make 'em big or make 'em pretty. Or both."

CARS: Any flamethrower
LOCATIONS: Any toasting location
PHOTOTRAVEL: ...Negative!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: None

rulesclassic.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
deadline.jpg

Any reasons why I didn't make the poll? Seriously like to know... :)

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/986/deepforestraceway19.jpg

Your's was definitely one I was torn about. I loved the sheer epicness of the flames and the perspective you found of them. I loved the bokeh effect of the background and your choice of car. What took me the other direction was the reflection. It had a bit of a weird, low res look to 80% of it which was a shame because it really takes a large part of the focus of the image. Other than that, I really like the idea and drama captured. It's a good shot, I just only had 25 slots available.

Should anyone else like feedback I am happy to let you know my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Voted for fido's entry. Great lighting and composition, plus I'm going through a I LOVE VIPERS phase again. :dopey:

All these 908's shouldn't of even made the poll :crazy:

I'm quite surprised there were so many 908 shots. But since one of them is leading, seems like they're going home with the crowd.

It was rather boring and poorly framed to be quite honest.

But I still think none of the 908's should of made the poll seeing as they're diesels but still backfire... :odd:

Maybe it was.... but also there are a couple of photos that have pretty boring and small flames and they made the poll.
No problems, maybe other day :D

It was rather boring and poorly framed to be quite honest.

But I still think none of the 908's should of made the poll seeing as they're diesels but still backfire... :odd:

Was about to say something about how it's impossible for a diesel to backfire...

Woah, I actually thought I'd make the poll for this one since I was pretty satisfied with my shot.
5809358575_ea750acf50.jpg

I guess I'll have to step up my game :)👍
My vote goes to the gorgeous red S7

I feel I have to point out that with recent events I have discovered that 2 out of the 5 votes for my entry may not be legit - "martin81 & maxells22" seem familiar....ie: one and the same person, so I'm not sure if it matters because I'm not in the running to win by a long shot but it kind of taints the overall poll.
I don't think the person concerned made the poll themselves so it appears to be a bit of vote spreading going on.
Is it possible to retract these votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back