AdrenaTune ~ GT500 Nissan GT R

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 151 comments
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car

You nailed it. Fantabulous. This is a dream setup. The enter balance, and mid corner balance under braking or throttle are so stable, fast and smooth it feels as if you are driving a slot car. Throttle response mid corner gives unlimited grip and confidence. The exit balance is near perfect. On the exit the rear sometimes would become a little lose when I applied throttle. This is where driving style comes into play. Anyone who tries this tune or any other tune should realize you will need to play and adjust the settings to suit your driving style, not the tuners. One shoe does not fit all.
Your lap times are just beyond my driving skills. My best at Deep Forest was only a 1:04.665. I am not even going to tell the other lap times. This is a great tune and I am sure the highly skilled drivers (which I am not), will agree. Look forward to your next tune.
I do have one problem, I just passed up the Viper in the UCD. Wish I had bought it.

The loose on exit is something that definitely still exists and seems to be what I consider a natural ghost in this car. I couldn't get rid of it, without sacrificing something far more important. So, I had to slightly discipline my throttle control. Once you get comfortable with the car, you can really use it to your advantage though. Through the early center of the turn, when you're only on the brakes about 10-20%, overlap with the gas pedal probably 5-10%, by applying a small amount of gas, sooner in the corner, you can help the car turn, while you're still slowing down, and really roll through the center exceptionally well. It also keeps the RPM's up and makes accelerating on exit, a lot less exaggerated, so far less likely to cause any issues. You're absolutely right though, this little habit of the car can be a deal breaker for some people.
Glad you liked the tune, great review, thanks!
P.S. Make sure the ride height numbers are positive, not negative. That would make the condition worse.
Other possible tweaks to help resolve this, Lower LSD Accel to 12 or 11. Increase rear ride height, or lower front ride height by 1, maybe 2. Increase rear toe, to 0.05. Lower rear spring rate by .4.

Last edited:
Did you shortcut the last corner on Trial Mountain for that laptime if I may ask?
I just can't believe you are as fast as I am with the R390 GT1 Race Car. Amazing.

I could not really find out if your tunes are fully modded or just partially modded.
Only relevant for some of the cars, but would be nice to know this before I try them out.
Thanks in advance.

Just saw you post laptimes of others driving your tunes and I haven't written here, that I gave the FTO tunes some more laps, because of learning curve issues... so 10 more laps with the default settings and your tune:

default: 1:21.063
Adrenaline: 1:17.780 👍

If you do such a great job with the Viper Oreca, them I'm very happy!

Did you shortcut the last corner on Trial Mountain for that laptime if I may ask?
I just can't believe you are as fast as I am with the R390 GT1 Race Car. Amazing.

I call my friend "fastadrenaline" for this reason. Can believe ,the guy don't need shortcut. hahaha ! Yes he's fast , but to modest to say it like this, that's why i permit myself to say this for him....
Sorry for that. Cheers.

Ride height positive. I just assumed you meant negative. That is what I get for assuming. I changed to positive and what a difference. The kick out of the turn is now more manageable. The gas breaking style will take some time, but i sure do appreciate the tip. I was able to drop 3/4 of a second from my previous times. All the suggestions you mentioned i had tried, just not to your numbers. Made me feel good i some what knew how to correct the issue. thanks again

Stock, best in 10 laps: 1:15,335
The car handles pretty good, a lot of grip, good turn in, slight tendency to understeer midcorner, but oversteering on exit in 3.,4. and even 5. gear. Because of that it was hard to get the car to the limits and put down a clean lap. First clean lap and best lap with stock settings was 1:15,335.

Settings, best in 10 laps: 1:13,466
Big improvement, no more understeer in midcorner and it's way easier to hit the throttle when exiting a corner, though oversteering was still present in 2. gear and sometimes even in 3. gear, but that's just what happens when you have 700+ horses i guess. It was easy to get down several clean laps in a row and the way this car corners now is flat out amazing.
After 10 laps I'm happy with my best time, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. But more importantly I am REALLY happy with this tune, it turns a fast but hard-to-handle car, into an even faster and easy-to-drive car, that you can really enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to the Oreca, too sad it doesn't have the old red/white/blue design :(

@ brx1: No short cutting. All my laps posted are 'legal laps' within the restrictions of GT5's offline practice mode. And I put every single one of those limits when it comes to setting my times.

@ Rekve: All of my tunes are maxed out on Racing Softs. I use to have it in the original post, but I must have forgot to put it in when I updated. I will have a 'medium' tune coming up after the Viper, for probably the VW Nardo Concept.

@ Basilea: I'll update your new time, thanks.

@ Praiano: I appreciate your kind words.

@ SGETI: Yeah, they're definitely positive. This car seems to bottom out at stock ride height. Raising it up seemed to add some suspension travel and really seemed to make it more comfortable to drive. The difference of reverse rake, to positive rake, while minor, is noticeable. -5/-6 to +5/+6 is the difference of having the front of, to the rear up. Small, but as you confirmed, the Lap times tell the story! 3/4 of a second is a huge deal.

Stock, best in 10 laps: 1:15,335
The car handles pretty good, a lot of grip, good turn in, slight tendency to understeer midcorner, but oversteering on exit in 3.,4. and even 5. gear. Because of that it was hard to get the car to the limits and put down a clean lap. First clean lap and best lap with stock settings was 1:15,335.

Settings, best in 10 laps: 1:13,466
Big improvement, no more understeer in midcorner and it's way easier to hit the throttle when exiting a corner, though oversteering was still present in 2. gear and sometimes even in 3. gear, but that's just what happens when you have 700+ horses i guess. It was easy to get down several clean laps in a row and the way this car corners now is flat out amazing.
After 10 laps I'm happy with my best time, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. But more importantly I am REALLY happy with this tune, it turns a fast but hard-to-handle car, into an even faster and easy-to-drive car, that you can really enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to the Oreca, too sad it doesn't have the old red/white/blue design :(
Another great review, and some very nice lap times! I'm really glad to hear you guys are liking these tunes, because I've put a lot, and I mean a lot, of time and effort into every single one.
Make sure, brx1, that you used positive ride heights, not negative. That could be part of the oversteer issue you've mentioned.

All of my tunes are maxed out on Racing Softs. I use to have it in the original post, but I must have forgot to put it in when I updated. I will have a 'medium' tune coming up after the Viper, for probably the VW Nardo Concept.

I thought so, just wanted to be sure. I suppose it also includes rigidity improvement? :dunce:

+50 is to the front of the car and will add understeer / Tight condition.
-50 is to the rear of the car and will add oversteer / Loose condition.

I was under the impression that +50 was towards the rear of the car and -50 towards the front. Can you please clarify for me? Thanks.

I thought so, just wanted to be sure. I suppose it also includes rigidity improvement? :dunce:
Yup, I find it to make the car more consistent over long periods of time, leading up to a chassis refreshement from GT Auto. But I have experienced that Chassis Reinforcement adds a minor amount of understeer in some conditions. I've tuned the cars with it, but you're more than welcome to try the tune without it first, add it, then re-test and report the differences you personally felt. Would be interesting.
I was under the impression that +50 was towards the rear of the car and -50 towards the front. Can you please clarify for me? Thanks.
Ummm, to the left is front, to the right is rear. I'll turn on my PS3 and double check which way is -/+, but I have a hunch you're correct, so I'll update the OP.

Some would have said the same of the FTO as well ;)

The Oreca Viper is easily my favorite car in the entire game.
Not only is the older Viper body style drop dead gorgeous, but I also feel that it is the sexiest sounding car in all of GT5. If you see me online, 9 times out of 10, you'll find me in this car. I've castrated it to get into HP or PP limited races and I've also entered as an underdog in rooms with much higher limitations, than the car can reach. I've put Minolta's, GT One's, C9's, R10's and even a few FGT's to shame with this beast. The tune sheet will also be the best looking so far.
On another note, it'll be the second tune that Rotary Junkie had a hand in... He set the Tire Pressures for me ;)
Here's a little preview:
previewcth.jpg

I would hate to have to go against that car. lol.

...someone's desire to pick fights with literally anybody in this sub-forum ends here. The staff are getting incredibly tired of this, especially the added personal attacks that are usually poorly tacked on to a weak argument.

Continued baiting will see a lot more than deleted posts - it's nearing vacation season, after all.

You have the stage, Mr. Adrenaline 👍

I know you mentioned your Elise tune was no good for the online seasonals. But just so you're aware, I aced the Elise one with your tune. Ehhhh.... maybe eagled it. Had to get the power to weight just right.

HKS CT230R
tunesheethks.jpg

*First place in the HKS230CT Shootout

Test Tracks
Deep Forest Raceway: 1:07.320
Top Gear Test Track: 1:02.424
Tsukuba: 50.xxx
Grand Valley Speedway: 1:43.xxx

User Lap Times
Top Gear Test Track - 1:03.518 - Onboy123
Top Gear Test Track - 1:07.117 - C-ZETA
Nordschleife - 6:28.xxx - C-ZETA
Autumn Ring - 1:09.918 - Will27

Online Adjustments
In progress

User Feedback
Well, I think it’s ****ing fast, ****ing scary and ****ing good fun. By fast, I mean a 1:03.518. On my 2nd lap. This thing has become a wild animal. Properly mental. Even looser than RKM’s car, even faster, and feels like it’s completely lost its sanity. I’m not joking, my hands were shaking and sweating when I was finished with it. And that’s not even as fast as it could go. ****ing hell! This car needs you to give it your all. When you drive this, you do not give it a half arsed effort. You concentrate. Hard. Because this is so much looser, every bit of your concentration will be spent on keeping up with this thing’s cornering habits. And all the time you have to remember that this car will not tolerate mistakes. It’s a fine line between hyper-loose oversteer and race-ruining understeer. I’m left speechless when it comes to the performance it now has. What this is, is a car which takes all the points from RJ’s CT230R, the looseness, the wild speed, all that, and turns it up a notch.
My god! It actually feels like the steering is connected to the car! Mild oversteer in the first half of the corner, followed by mild understeer on exit. My only gripe is the feel of the transition between off to on throttle, in the mid corner, the car snaps from the over to understeer to quickly.
Holy **** the CT230R tune probably couldn't be any more perfect...turns an already great time attack car into an ABSOLUTE beast. Very impressed.
Tried your CT230R tune...result is absolutely no handling problems anymore. The one problem with the CT230R is gone, and it's now made it an absolute speedfreak.

Last edited:
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca

Tune_Sheet_Viper.jpg

*Originated as an RKM tune that RJ did as a favor to me. Since then I've spent months tweaking it to perfection. This tune was born, raised and built online. Hands down my favorite car in the game.

Test Tracks This car has been to just about every asphalt track there is, I'll slowly add online lap times, as I run them.
Trial Mountain: 1:12.270

User Lap Times
Monza: 1:43.xxx - RodeRuner1967

User Feedback

i tried it on my acr viper and it was good just a little loose which i figure the extra downforce from the race viper will make it awesome
It handles like a dream, it has little to no oversteer and is very easy to control.
The gears are even perfect, there is little delay between shifts.:)👍
Awesome tune, thanks.

With a tweek to the ride height and a tad to the LSD, my Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca at 600hp and 650pp, is almost at a 1:42. Hit a very low 1:43.
Your set-up with a couple changes (to suit my driving style), made me have such a freaking grin on my face it almost hurt.:) "YOU ROCK MAN" 👍

ur an excellent tuner. ur viper tune is flawless. its been my favorite car since gt3, and u just made it so much better. i would always loose it on elevation changes, especially on the ring. now it handles and is balanced great. thanks for the tune! 👍👍👍

ICEYOU
Your Viper Race car handles like a God!

Last edited:
why the 2 final gear ratio's
just wondering none of your others are like that

So my 6th gear could be leet.
The 2 finals is just a method of achieving alternative individual ratios that would be otherwise unobtainable.

So my 6th gear could be leet.
The 2 finals is just a method of achieving alternative individual ratios that would be otherwise unobtainable.

oh ok
i've never heard the word leet what does that mean

nice tune i don't have the team oreca but i tried it on my acr viper and it was good just a little lose which i figure the extra downforce from the race viper will make it awesome

Leet means, elite. Its actually written as 1337. its known as "leet speak", just a geeky way of spelling words using numbers to replace letters, 3 is e, 1 is l..etc.

Leet means, elite. Its actually written as 1337. its known as "leet speak", just a geeky way of spelling words using numbers to replace letters, 3 is e, 1 is l..etc.

I waited to hear back from you before I finalized things, but couldn't wait any longer :(
As you can see, I made quite a few changes from when we last spoke, all for the better I believe, let me know how the two compare for you.
As of Monday, I'll be back on a quality internet connection without a bandwidth cap, so I'll be able to get back into the online racing world again. 👍

Have you tried it? That's just the top speed on the top speed bar, not the actual top speed of the car……

Did you set the second final gear? Those numbers can only be achieved if you follow the stages…

Latest Posts

Back