7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Haha, just a quick heads up can everyone add James' PSN id: Internet_User so you can race this evening! 👍

EDIT: Add's DarkPSI's PSN: DarkPSI84

As he is taking control this evening! :)

Mmm that was shortlived.

Had my worst quali session in a while, the fact i didnt practice at all and it was raining made it all the more difficult. Was struggling on my first two flyers but I got into the zone on lap 3 as i got to grips with the track, Was set for a 1:16, possible even a 1:15 on my 4th flying lap which would have put me upto P4/P5 but I spun second to last corner, I had time for one more lap but i got distracted by someone coming out of the pits and i just backed off completely. Qualified 10th, promoted to 9th as someone got a 5 place grid penalty. Abysmal

I dont know who it was who said i held him up in quali but i dont recall holding anyone up, I got out of the way every single time i could. Yes i havent raced with you guys for a while [as you noted] but im not stupid enough to forget to move off the racing line in quali on my outlap

Race, Had a great start picked up two places but then i got tagged as i was turning into the first corner, no idea who it was..Then on turn 3/4 AliT spun right in front of me and i had no choice but to smash into him head on. Cost me precious time as by lap 2, i was already down 8 seconds on DarkPSI who was comfortably in the lead. Chased down Kcheeb who was in 7th but i just couldn't get close enough to make a move. Lap 9, Outbraked myself into turn 3 and bam, into the wall, DNF

Shame as a podium wasn't out of reach.

Last edited:
Start: 10
Finish: 8

Ugh first off, I have to apologise to Jerry in the Renault. I just
plain underestimated how heavy my Lotus was from fuel, Prime tires,
and large brakes. Completely buggered up T1 for two drivers. No one likes to be the jerk who mucks up T1 and this race that was me, unfortunately.

yeVEY.png

The race was a bit of a disappointment, I could never keep my nose clean in several defending and overtaking situations during the race, though no foul play at all. The race was still a ton of fun, though. I remember one situation where Baumi27 was closing in on me, and Pipeslice was behind Baumi27 getting ready to lap both of us. I took the defensive inside line through the hairpin, and the two cars behind me got together as the went wide as I watched in my mirrors.

Baumi27 and I couldn't seem to stay separated from each other (fate?) and whenever we did battle we both lost time. Scrappy fights for sure, and at the end of the day it was some good, ugly racing because both of our back ends never seemed to want to stick to the track on the exits of turns. Synchronized oversteer.

I have to say the post-race "drivers meetings" after the final results table are always fun on the mics. Dark was gambling with taking that last chicane so close and it finally punished him with a time penalty. Such a close race, though, seemed everyone was pretty competitive.

~

Anyway let's get ready for everyone to have his feelings hurt next week, because we are heading to the blue-walled hell of Valencia. No run offs, no escape, killer oversteer on off-camber corners coming up :scared:

gGo03.png

Last edited:
Well what a race!

Grid Position: 7th

Well qualifying was okay I guess qualifying 7th in intermediate conditions.

Race:

Well I got a great start and I was up to 6th coming into the first corner however there was a few incidents and by turn 2 I was up to 4th! However as the race progressed I was down to 5th by my first pit-stop just ahead of kcheeb I pitted for Prime tyres and emerged in 6th. After Ken made his first pit-stop I was back in to 5th however Ardius was just ahead of me and he had lost his front wing which promoted me up to 4th place! I stayed there for the majority of the race and found a good rhythm with good pace until Mr Schumacher (Baumi27) Caught up with me and as I made a mistake on lap 28 going into Turn 2 he got past and I let pipeslice through (who was lapping me) as well I quickly turned my engine up in a bid to catch up with Baumi27 as I knew that he would have to let pipeslice through. In the last few laps Baumi seemed to back off slightly and having made a gap after he was lapped I quickly caught up and on the penultimate lap I got into his slipstream and went for the inside line however he moved across and went straight into my front wheel, I backed off and stuck close behind. Coming into the final lap I was still close behind him and coming on to the back straight I got very close but it wasn't close enough and as he went through the final chicane I mis-judged my braking point and went straight on, I was right behind Baumi27's Virgin coming over the line but I had no intention of taking the place as it wouldn't be rightfully deserved. But there was more drama to come as DarkPSI84 had gathered numerous penalties throughout the race and ended up 3rd with pipeslice being the eventual winner and Internet_User coming home in 2nd place, Congratulations guys and thanks for a fantastic race!

Finishing Position: 5th

Happy? Yes! :)

EDIT: Can I just add that on my last flying qualifying lap that Jerry was sitting on the racing line down the back straight doing about half my speed which ruined by best lap :grumpy:

Last edited:
Well I'm a little disappointed with that race it has to be said. Qualifying went ok, light rain was no problem for me and my mostly dry setup, so I simply decided to put in the banker laps and try both intermediates and full wets.
I ended up 5th only a few tenths behind teammate Baumi but I felt I could have managed 4th as I was on a much better lap at the very end of the session but I baulked at the last chicane when I found Mutu travelling very slowly on the racing line and in the braking zone for the chicane. Although I didn't hit him or anything (he was ghosted) it really put me off and I ended up invaldating the lap in the chiance.
Ah well.

The race start went great, got a good start and was up to 4th by the braking zone of turn 1 as Baumi got a slow start. However, I got caught out by a very cautious Mutu who braked much earlier than I expected and I accidentally shunted him. Fortunately, it didn't seem to affect him at all!
Baumi hung on the outside and ran wide in turn 2 which bump me slightly and I lost traction letting tombrooks have a run on me into turn 3.
I quickly recovered back to 5th after tombrooks ran wide in turn 6. From there on it became a straight forward race, building a decent gap from tom and slowly dropping behind Mutu who was 10 seconds ahead. I had my pit stop (although it was a buggy pit stop, where the game decided to spin my wheels all the way down the pit lane) and continued for a good 5 or so laps until...
I had a moment of missed concentration and lost the rear exiting the final chicane and futilely tried to keep it going. Which led to me taking my front wing clean off and dropping all the way to 9th after struggling around another lap and then pitting (with yet another bugged pit stop).

From then it was an intense race to try and recover as far as I could. I quickly and easily caught mikethehockeyfan but unfortauntely pipeslice was also quickly catching behind to lap us. I decided pipeslice was far enough behind for me to have a go at getting past mike into the turn 10 hairpin. mike went defensive and I went for the outside..meanwhile pipeslice decided to get stuck in on the inside too, so I kept wide on the exit. Pipeslice spun out and mike continued on ahead before pitting. Sorry pipeslice if you felt held up at this point, but I didn't expect you to try and get stuck in while me and mike were fighting. In hindsight I should have been patient and let you past but then again what happened next makes me perhaps think otherwise.

I moved onto catching kcheeb in 7th and somewhere along the way Ali_T pitted which promoted us both a position. Meanwhile pipeslice caught me again to lap me. I duly moved over at turn 2 and then went back into pace-setting mode. But pipeslice was all over the place in front of me and I was left with no choice but to avoid him and almost overtake him (and he almost pushed me straight into the wall at one point). I'm happy to let people past to lap me but I do have my own race going on and I don't appreciate being forced into the wall. If you are going to lap me, be prepared for me to unlap myself because I'm not going to hang about behind being slowed up.

Anyway, pipeslice quickly got going again and continued ahead leaving me to focus on my own race again. kcheeb spun and crashed somewhere putting me in 6th and I was only 15 seconds down from Baumi and tombrooks. Pretty much the rest of the race was spent bringing the gap down to less than a second by the finish line.

Gutted not to have had another lap to catch the other two and reclaim 4th and also gutted to have the mistake that lost me 4th in the first place.
Also, tombrooks committed a dodgy move at the chicance on the last lap where he simply ran wide through it, preventing any chance for me to catch him and letting him almost beat Baumi too. I don't know whether this was simply missing a braking point but being the last lap and that situation obviously makes me suspicious. I hope this isn't a regular occurence.

Qualified: 5th Started: 15th
Finished: 6th
Average race laptime: 1'15.xxx
Biggest mistake: Losing my front wing halfway through the race.
Favourite moment: Good race start, some generally good pace and I enjoyed battling back through the field.

Kind of pleased with my result considering the dreadful quali and dreadful start to the race. Only actually managed two flying laps in quali due and both were pretty rubbish, finished 9th but someone had a penalty so started 8th.

At the run down to turn 1 I accidently nudged into the back of kcheeb who seemed to have a slow start off the line, lucky it was fine and he carried on going straight. Then at turn one two guys spun out clipping kcheeb and sending him off track too. My only option was to cut that corner and kcheeb did the same. I came out infront of him but left him take back his position. Recieved a penatly off the game for illegal overtake though :(. As Jerry mentioned I spun out on turn 3/4 causing him to hit me into the wall which destroyed my front wing and put me in last place.
I decided to stay out on track even with a damaged wing as I was already down by 10-20 seconds on the guys just infront of me, so I took to lowering the wing setting for the back straight and raising it at the start of each lap. Managed to catch back up to the pack after a few laps and luckly for me I think it was Mike and someone else's battle which saw them both spin out of the final chicane gave me the chance to overtake them.

Kcheeb and Tom's pitting then allowed me to catch up with them as I started on the primes. I managed to get infront of kcheeb after he seemed to let me pass (maybe he thought I was Pipeslice or one of the front guys) and managed to build a gap which I then ruined on my in lap :(. After getting some nice options and a new nose I felt alot more comfortable and tryed to settle down. Managing to catch back up with kcheeb and I could see a battle brewing up like in our practice yesterday. Luckly and in a way unluckly for me he then pitted allowing me the easy pass. then I was more or less on my own for the final set of laps, just me and my ever increasing stack of penalties which was really starting to annoy me.

Dramatic race for me but was great fun nonetheless.

Well done to everyone too guys everyone seemed really quick and competative

Start: 10
Finish: 8

Ugh first off, I have to apologise to Jerry in the Renault. I just
plain underestimated how heavy my Lotus was from fuel, Prime tires,
and large brakes. Completely buggered up T1 for two drivers. No one likes to be the jerk who mucks up T1 and this race that was me, unfortunately.

Anyway let's get ready for everyone to have his feelings hurt next week, because we are heading to the blue-walled hell of Valencia. No run offs, no escape, killer oversteer on off-camber corners coming up :scared:

No probs Mike :) Valencia is one of my favorite tracks on the Calendar, Im in for next weekend if there's a free slot

EDIT: Can I just add that on my last flying qualifying lap that Jerry was sitting on the racing line down the back straight doing about half my speed which ruined by best lap :grumpy:

I purposely slowed down to let you through as i was on my outlap, im pretty certain i was off the racing line
There was no need for the mini outburst on Mic, not cool.

Last edited:
Gutted not to have had another lap to catch the other two and reclaim 4th and also gutted to have the mistake that lost me 4th in the first place.
Also, tombrooks committed a dodgy move at the chicance on the last lap where he simply ran wide through it, preventing any chance for me to catch him and letting him almost beat Baumi too. I don't know whether this was simply missing a braking point but being the last lap and that situation obviously makes me suspicious. I hope this isn't a regular occurence.

It was a complete accident I was too busy watching Baumi and ****ed up my braking point which meant I had no option but to cut the chicane however I went through it slow to avoid a 10 sec penalty

I'm willing to believe that it was a mistake its just I don't want to see too much of that on the last laps of races because it makes me suspicious.

I purposely slowed down to let you through as i was on my outlap, im pretty certain i was off the racing line
There was no need for the mini outburst on Mic, not cool.

I'm not looking to cause an argument and it's over now anyway but I was quite frustrated hence the mic outburst but I apologize if i'm wrong but from my point of view it was on my line, see you in Valencia! 👍

At the run down to turn 1 I accidently nudged into the back of kcheeb who seemed to have a slow start off the line, lucky it was fine and he carried on going straight. Then at turn one two guys spun out clipping kcheeb and sending him off track too. My only option was to cut that corner and kcheeb did the same. I came out infront of him but left him take back his position. Recieved a penatly off the game for illegal overtake though :(.

Yeah, had a really slow start, thanks for letting me back through. Bummer about the penalty.

Kcheeb and Tom's pitting then allowed me to catch up with them as I started on the primes. I managed to get infront of kcheeb after he seemed to let me pass (maybe he thought I was Pipeslice or one of the front guys) and managed to build a gap which I then ruined on my in lap :(.

Yeah I got confused and then mad at myself. I thought I was getting lapped, used the rear view more this race, but not when I should have :)

Managing to catch back up with kcheeb and I could see a battle brewing up like in our practice yesterday. Luckly and in a way unluckly for me he then pitted allowing me the easy pass.

I was being overtaken in turn 5 by a front runner and planned on letting them through on the straight. I started to slide on exit and got tapped, putting me in the wall, had to pit for a new wing and some options.

Will review my race and comment later.

Cheers everyone, some good battles out there.

I ended up 5th only a few tenths behind teammate Baumi but I felt I could have managed 4th as I was on a much better lap at the very end of the session but I baulked at the last chicane when I found Mutu travelling very slowly on the racing line and in the braking zone for the chicane. Although I didn't hit him or anything (he was ghosted) it really put me off and I ended up invaldating the lap in the chiance.
Ah well.

Yeah, I would have been at the end of qualifying screen at this point. I hate it when this happens.

I had my pit stop (although it was a buggy pit stop, where the game decided to spin my wheels all the way down the pit lane) and continued for a good 5 or so laps until...

dude, we tried to tell you about this in the lobby before the race started. It's a bug with the Force India. If you had changed cars you wouldn't have had this problem.

annoying I know.

Anyway, good race.

I managed 3rd on the grid with a 1:14.9 I think - with plenty of mistakes. I think I actually could have been on pole because I was on a stonker of a lap right at the end and was up on Dark going into the final sector. However I had caught up with AliT who I think may have been on a flier. Knowing I was on a fast lap I was a bit naughty and tried to get by him before the final chicane. I think I just about cleared him but I missed my braking point and cut the chicane ending my visions of pole. Oh well.

At the start I definitely braked too early for turn one so dont worry ardius about bumping me - it didn't really effect me.

From here on out I set about damage limitation, I knew Pipeslice and Dark would be faster than me but I was pretty pleased that I wasn't getting blown out of the water by Pipeslice. On the options I was only about .5 a second slower but a few mistakes, particularly at the hairpin meant that Pipe was about 8 seconds ahead of me at one point. This was all the more annoying because I think Pipe had a moment around lap 8-9 at turn 5-6 because he suddenly appeared in front of me and I was within 2secs of his rear diffuser!

This was short lived though because after the pit stops he was about 10 seconds ahead of me. From here, though, I sorted out my pace and was putting in some great lap times and slowly managed to bring the gap down to about 5 seconds between the two of us. I think Pipe was losing time in back markers.

Anyway, overall I was very pleased to be within 10 seconds of Pipe by the end of the race. He was definitely quicker than me when on his fastest pace but consdering I was being lapped by him two races ago, I was quite surprised.

Dark was insanely quick today - can't wait to see the video of you flying over that chicane.

well done to everyone else too, kind of gutted I missed all the action :) I think we are all improving as the championship goes on.

But pipeslice was all over the place in front of me and I was left with no choice but to avoid him and almost overtake him (and he almost pushed me straight into the wall at one point). I'm happy to let people past to lap me but I do have my own race going on and I don't appreciate being forced into the wall. If you are going to lap me, be prepared for me to unlap myself because I'm not going to hang about behind being slowed up.

I think these are a little harsh words as i made a genuine racing mistake.when i over took you i messed up my braking for the next corner causing me to go wide and then in eagerness to get going quickly i oversteered heavlily on the exit,a very common error.If this nearly put you in the wall then im sorry but it was never intentional.Also
if i make a big mistake after lapping you like i did, i would alsways expect you to overtake me back,and i would then have to re catch and overtake you again.

Qualifiying:

It was in the wet so it was always gonna be difficult.I knew from some posts Darkpsi was fast but boy was he fast.I managed a 1:14.2 i think
and Darkpsi did a 1:14.0 so it was close but i knew from my pace that he was very fast in a certain part.( the last chicane).

Race:

Got a good start was in second behind Darkpsi and was nt involved in any incidents with anyone at the start.It was apparent that DarkPsi was very fast from the start.I made a few minor errors on the first couple of laps letting him create a gap of 3-4 seconds.I monitored my pace with Darkpsi through every lap,and i could match him around most of the track but every time on the last chicane he would pull out atleast 0.5 sec on me ,which i just could not get my head around,i kept on saying to myself he must be cutting the corner ,and then it became clear at the end of race that Darkpsi had got 40 secs penalty for cutting corners and 10 secs for pitlane speeding.I know Alot of people like Montreal but for me its not that great, theres just to many corners that feel like they could be cut.Anyway theres not much else to say about the rest of my race just stayed in second counting down the laps,just the one issue with ardius but thats it.
look forward to next week.

I'm not looking to cause an argument and it's over now anyway but I was quite frustrated hence the mic outburst but I apologize if i'm wrong but from my point of view it was on my line, see you in Valencia! 👍

Its cool :) If i did slow you down like you say, I apologise.

See you all at Valencia. I love the track but dreading the run down into the first corner...can foresee a massive pile up

Hi guys,

thanks for this race. It was a thriller.
Shaggy you missed a highlight of the season. Could you please make the point tables?
I made the rest as you can see ;-)

First the results:

Qualifying Results:

1. 1:14:086 DarkPSI84
2. 1:14:229 pipeslice
3. 1:15:041 Internet_User
4. 1:15:660 Baumi27
5. 1:16:469 Ardius_
6. 1:16:895 mikethehockeyfan (+5 POS)
7. 1:17:979 kcheeb
8. 1:18:167 tombrooks97
9. 1:19:199 Ali_T
10.1:19:906 Jerry_ORUK

200611012321_qualiresults.jpg

200611012450_qualiresults1.jpg

Race Results:

1. pipeslice 44:41:639
2. Internet_User +9,7
3. DarkPSI84 44:15:539 (+50 seconds penalties)
4. Baumi27 + 1 round
5. tombrooks97 + 1 round
6. Ardius_ + 1 round
7. Ali_T +1 round (+70 seconds)
8. mikethehockeyfan + 2rounds
9. kcheeb +2rounds
10.Jerry_ORUK DNF

200611012728_raceresults.jpg

200611013354_raceresults1.jpg

Report:

Qualy:

Qualifying was wet. My first stint was on full wets and I was on pos 1 but pipeslice and Internet_User were just some tenths behind me, so I decided to gamble and made my last stint on slicks. And it worked! My first Pole Position this year!

Race:

I had a good start and in the next few laps I was able to gain a gap of about 10 seconds to pipeslice behind me. Unfortunately I braked to late in pits and so I got a 10 seconds penalty. Know I felt the pressure and knew that I must have more than a 10 second gap to pipeslice. So I was pushing really hard and was able to make 12 second gap. Cause of my agressive cerb driving in last chicane I got a 10 second penalty once i missed the chicane for the third time. After that the pressure was enorm as I knew i would need 20 seconds. So the game began and I cut two times turn 4. + 40 seconds and the game was over. Congrats to pipeslice and Internet_User. I have to realize that I was a little bit over the limit and after the race I got a briefing with the stewards ;-)

Best regards

DarkPSI

P.S. i recorded my flying qualilap and race. Upload follows

Last edited:
it was doable right at the end - good job Dark for realising that because it was too late before I thought of it

regardless i was on for breaking the 1:14s barrier in full wets thanks to one of the best laps ive done round Montreal (and some helpful drafting thanks to Ali) before I jumped a kerb

Yeah I was thinking I was way too smart for everyone and put Option tires on immediately when I saw the track wasn't completely soaked at the start of qualy. What a wasted lap, hahahah :D

wow Ken you are driving so much better that when you first joined - brilliant. Some great racing with Baumi at the end of the first video there.

Back