Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Hi Praiano.....Can you help please???

What's the best way to get this down to pp = 700, and still give a nice smooth ride at say...Le Mans...even after adding 200kg of ballast, keeping the downforce the same and sticking with the stage 2 turbo, I need to limit the power to about 730BHP....is this the best way to go???
I know I'm not praiano, but.....
definitely not. Remove that Turbo first and look how much PP it has. Adding Ballast isn't a good way to decrease PP's and you should try to use the power limiter as less as possible.

Hi Praiano.....Can you help please???

What's the best way to get this down to pp = 700, and still give a nice smooth ride at say...Le Mans...even after adding 200kg of ballast, keeping the downforce the same and sticking with the stage 2 turbo, I need to limit the power to about 730BHP....is this the best way to go???

Hi, if you buy it stock , it is 697 pp. So if you want to use all the downforce ,you raise it to the max and use the power limiter to go back down to 700 pp... No problems. dr_slump is right too, better use first the power limiter than the ballast.
Have a good day.

:) I like the Mazda 787B tune buddy.Flyin round eifel supercar seasonal event($$$)and it handles great.
:cheers:
Pig is no stig
Hello my friend, thanks, yes i love this car too, ,top 10 GT5 cars for shure.

I'm sorry,i did not mean to make it sound like you were saying it was a bad car.I had been doing yard work when i replied.The sun has an effect on your brain sometimes :lol:

That Enzo runs great on Suzuka and Cape Ring...well i like it there :)

Didn't see this post first sorry, don't worry my friend,you are right, i love my Enzo too, so much that i 've give this name to my kid 15 years ago.
But i have an objective point of view when i talk about my cars, allways, it's faster than the 599 on le Mans, around 5 seconds, but when you do it repetitively running after the credits on seasonals events, it become boring due to the reactions of the car that need concentration to be corrected.
Concentation is allways needed to drive fast ,ok, but i prefer use my concentration with a better car for this track and loose 5 seconds per lap.:)
Most of the others races i do with the Enzo.👍
Have a good day everybody.

Thanks guys for your feedback regarding the Peugeot 908!! 👍

I will have to lose the turbo.

So it'd better to use max downforce and reduce the power, rather than leaving the downforce and keeping the power at 100%?

Am I right that the suspension, Transmission, LSD, Brake settings remain as 'your tune'??

Thanks guys for your feedback regarding the Peugeot 908!! 👍

I will have to lose the turbo.

So it'd better to use max downforce and reduce the power, rather than leaving the downforce and keeping the power at 100%?

Am I right that the suspension, Transmission, LSD, Brake settings remain as 'your tune'??

Right, better downforce than power, if you have to choose under PP limitations. I think the contrary only on Daytona... (Don't know very well for this track.)
All the rest stay the same, i've tried to make an "all around tune", but it's allways possible to fine tune for a special track or kind of race ,like endurance for example....

Right, better downforce than power, if you have to choose under PP limitations. I think the contrary only on Daytona... (Don't know very well for this track.)
All the rest stay the same, i've tried to make an "all around tune", but it's allways possible to fine tune for a special track or kind of race ,like endurance for example....

Thanks!!! :)

Awesome tunes Praiano, I all most have all of your tunes. The one I've been running for the past couple days is the ZR1(C6)09, love it. In Deep forest I'm running 1:02.xxx and in Trial Mountain 5 laps in 6:20.xxx

Awesome tunes Praiano, I all most have all of your tunes. The one I've been running for the past couple days is the ZR1(C6)09, love it. In Deep forest I'm running 1:02.xxx and in Trial Mountain 5 laps in 6:20.xxx

Thanks my friend, yes ,the ZR1 (C6) RM or not, is a very good car for every kind of tracks, from daytona to eiger. This is one of the first or the first RM car that everybody buy in the game, and this is the one they prefer also car,still after buying a lot of others cars during the progression. Top 10 GT5 for me...👍

praiano63
Thanks my friend, yes ,the ZR1 (C6) RM or not, is a very good car for every kind of tracks, from daytona to eiger. This is one of the first or the first RM car that everybody buy in the game, and this is the one they prefer also car,still after buying a lot of others cars during the progression. Top 10 GT5 for me...👍

Sorry :-) I'm running ZR1 (C6) RM, haven't tried the Non-RM yet but I'm sure I'll like it thanks for posting your tunes they are the best by far....:tup

Your Enzo was perfect for me on La Sarthe.I guess it depends on the driver.

I've got a 599 that i tuned up that runs almost identical laptimes as your Enzo,but in the end i prefer the feel of your Enzo to my 599,because i'm not too great of a tuner...well decent,but not great :sly:

Of course ,i'm not saying it's a bad car, but sometimes on the bumps at high speed, the Enzo have some nasty reactions and his braking capacity is lower than the 599. I prefer use the Enzo on others kinds of tracks that reveal his huge potential.

I have to say I am having more problems with the 599 than the Enzo. Praiano, your tune did not have the wing and I was getting bad wheelspin and rear stability issues. I put a wing on and it began to push. I tried to adjust to fix the understeer, but it is just not behaving very well for me. Not my favorite car at the moment...any advice?

I have to say I am having more problems with the 599 than the Enzo. Praiano, your tune did not have the wing and I was getting bad wheelspin and rear stability issues. I put a wing on and it began to push. I tried to adjust to fix the understeer, but it is just not behaving very well for me. Not my favorite car at the moment...any advice?

Hello my friend madmyk... The silver surfer surfboard have no fins at all , and it's the best board from the universes (all of them) .Who am i to fix a foil on his car..???!!! and the guy is pretty strong....so..
Okok ,i'm finishing a NISMO 270R ‘94 and i'll see this points you tell me. later my friend ...:)

NISMO 270R ‘94

nrburgringnordschleife1e.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1cp.jpg

This car is 6’50” at cruising speed on the ring ,at 540 pp (request) not so fast but safe. 10" slower than more performent cars same PP. If you stay on the road sometime, it can pay.

Tunned to the max.

Downforce 00/20

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 4111 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 340 km/h = 211,3 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2418
2: 1760
3: 1341
4: 1059
5: 0864
6: 0728

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 322 km/h = 200,1mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 502 hp
weight 1066 kg
perf. Points 548 pp

LSD Rear 10/30/05

Ride Height -35/ -30

Spring Rate 10.5/09.0
Extension 8/5
Compression 7/5
Anti-roll bars 3/4

Camber 0.8/1.0
Toe +0.08/+0.05

Brake Balance 4/5

tires R3/R3

Enjoy

about the mobil 1 the set up standard of the gearing is better than the one you recomend me from other tuner I test it in laguna seca

about the mobil 1 the set up standard of the gearing is better than the one you recomend me from other tuner I test it in laguna seca

This is the easiest part, if the rest is good,... and it must be for shure. MCT have allways top tunes.
Check the gears with my post about transmission at the beginning of my garage, it's very easy to fix.. Or ask MCT ..!!

Hello my friend madmyk... The silver surfer surfboard have no fins at all , and it's the best board from the universes (all of them) .Who am i to fix a foil on his car..???!!! and the guy is pretty strong....so..
Okok ,i'm finishing a NISMO 270R ‘94 and i'll see this points you tell me. later my friend ...:)

It is a beautiful car, no doubt. With cars this powerful, I sometimes have problems with throttle control and wheel spin. Lately, you and other tuners are providing good transmission and LSD settings that have made it more easy for me to drive these cars. This one is probably just beyond my skill. I am not used to spinning the tires in 4th gear coming out of a fast corner. It is too much for me.

but the arta gearing is not the same thats the problem

A gearbox is a gearbox ,is not a problem. Problem will be without it.

Do like this.

- set the max speed 20 kmh above the max speed you need.

-after this do like on the pic for a 6 gears gearbox.

-6 full right

-1 full left

-spread 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 the position showed on the pic.

Really nothing complicate and you'll have a perfect gearbox .

gearssettings2.jpg

It is a beautiful car, no doubt. With cars this powerful, I sometimes have problems with throttle control and wheel spin. Lately, you and other tuners are providing good transmission and LSD settings that have made it more easy for me to drive these cars. This one is probably just beyond my skill. I am not used to spinning the tires in 4th gear coming out of a fast corner. It is too much for me.

You are right, i let this tune too extreme, in my point of view it was the only way to let the car agressive, the way i like ,it's not easy to control the spin even with G27. but it's a challenge ,very technical also.
I would let it like this if at least it was fast. But it's not. I need to fight and stay very concentrate at te wheel for a gain of half second on Suzuka faster than stock settings. The sensation is fast , but the result is very bad.
I'm changing everything actually.
One more thing, i based me on the PD datas that give a weight repartition of 43/57 for 599. This is not logical for a FR car. I've set the springs basing me on a normal 55/45 to check and it's much more sane on track.The front grip comes back without + rear ride height, + front TOE.... I think i'm on the good way. But i still have a lot of work on it.

Thank you for all your tune setups. They improve A LOT on every car you have done! It's incredible!! Nice work buddy! ;) 👍

I like this review of the 599. Very funny, but explains how difficult the car is.

If you look at the other tunes, you will see how they believed the weight distribution and have more spring in the rear. As long as you keep thinking for yourself, you will be okay. If you start believing someone's weight distribution number should determine your spring rates, I will have to come down there and delete the spring calculator from your computer myself! ;)

Praiano, have you tried fiddling with a Nissan R89C RACE CAR '89? Car is a blast to drive with my sloppy tuning skills but im sure it'll do much much better with your expertise. Managed to get some over steer down but still has a wee bit i'd like to turn into grip.

Current setup:

Aero: 60/85

Tranny: 237mph

LSD: 15/35/10

Suspension:
RH: -20/00
SR: 15.6/14.3
DE: 8/5
DC: 7/5
ARB: 3:5

Camber: 1.5/2.0

Toe: -.08/-.12

Obrigado irmao, big fan of your garage!

I like this review of the 599. Very funny, but explains how difficult the car is.

If you look at the other tunes, you will see how they believed the weight distribution and have more spring in the rear. As long as you keep thinking for yourself, you will be okay. If you start believing someone's weight distribution number should determine your spring rates, I will have to come down there and delete the spring calculator from your computer myself! ;)

Tune Ferrari 599 OK...This is another car . My (your) spring rate calculator is allready deleted .Don't need to come here !! This car for shure don't have this 43/57 weight repartition, with stiffer springs front ,i gain 3 seconds on suzuka without the aero ,it's not a few, to be more stable and accessible, i've put an Aerofoil. But more power also with stage 3 = 855 hp----- it's a rocket, a space ship, the Silver surfer will approve . Just try it.

Praiano, have you tried fiddling with a Nissan R89C RACE CAR '89? Car is a blast to drive with my sloppy tuning skills but im sure it'll do much much better with your expertise. Managed to get some over steer down but still has a wee bit i'd like to turn into grip.

Current setup:

Aero: 60/85

Tranny: 237mph

LSD: 15/35/10 // 5/12/8

Suspension:
RH: -20/00 -25 / 00
SR: 15.6/14.3 13.5/12.5
DE: 8/5 9/2
DC: 7/5 8/2
ARB: 3:5 6/4

Camber: 1.5/2.0 1.2 / 0.8

Toe: -.08/-.12 -0.15 / +0.12

Obrigado irmao, big fan of your garage!

Hello amigo.
I'll do a quick test now with a borowed one and i tell you.
Um abraço.

Ok, it's not very good, the car is dificult, slow ... ido something to make it drivable (i test it with Racing hard ,it must be ok with soft)

Try the red setups.

Last edited:
The 599 is much better. It can surf now, carve the waves, ride the curl. I still need to come down there. This time to buy you many Caipirinhas.

220px-Caipirinha2.jpg

The 599 is much better. It can surf now, carve the waves, ride the curl. I still need to come down there. This time to buy you many Caipirinhas.

220px-Caipirinha2.jpg

That's what i'm talking about, just need a cachaça bottle... If not, vodka serve !!!
But remember : If you drive don't drink, if you drink don't drive... Take care.

Back