7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

This is how I'm trying to approach the races and I think I've made progress.

You've definately made great progress kcheeb, in my first few races me and you always finished either one position ahead or behind of each other. Now I've noticed your much more consistent and cautious and in the last 3 races you've finished well above me.

I'm not sure what it is about catching someone that causes my brain to slip up. For me, I think it's as much a lack of experience as anything else. Once you've been in the situations a few times, it becomes more comfortable. I'm hoping at least :-)

I think when it's just the open track I get into the grove and don't really think about it I just drive and my laps are consistent but soon as I catch up to someone I snap out of the grove and the nerves kick in and then the mistakes pile in.

GTP 7th F1 World Championship - Round 11 - Germany

11germanyencmyk300dpi.jpg

Weather - Brief shower at the start of qualifying, otherwise dry

Qualifying Results:

Pole - DarkPSI (Benetton) - 1:14.395 (10 pts)

2nd. - Pipeslice (Jordan) - 1:14.515 (8 pts)

3rd. - Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) - 1:14.603 (6 pts)

4th. - Baumi27 (Brawn)- 1:15.677 (5 pts)

5th. - Mutu20 (Tyrrell)- 1:15.718 (4 pts)

6th. - pj-gm (Brabham) - 1:16.461 (3 pts)

7th. - AliT12 (Brabham)-1:16.538 (2 pts)

8th. - kcheeb (Hesketh)- 1:17.008 (1 pts)

9th. - Tombrooks97 (Jordan)-1:17.757

10th. - MikeTheHockeyFan (Benetton)- 1:18.780

11th. - Jerry786 -1:19.113

Race Results:

1st. Shaggy Alonso (Tyrrell) (25 pts) = 4m03.507s
2nd. DarkPSI (Benetton) (18 pts) + 10.2s
3rd. Pipeslice (Jordan) (15 pts) + 16.6s
4th. Mutu20 (Tyrrell) (12 pts) + 62.4s
5th. pj-gm (Brabham) (10 pts) +75.4s
6th. kcheeb (Hesketh) (8 pts) + 1 lap
7th. Baumi27 (Brawn) (6 pts) + 1 lap
8th. AliT12 (Brabham) (4 pts) + 2 laps
9th. Tombrooks97 (Jordan) (2 pts) + 2 laps
10th. MikeTheHockeyFan (Benetton) DNF
11th. Jerry786 DNF

Qualifying:

So we move from one great historic track to another great historic track, Hockenheim. Home favourite DarkPSI seemed bullish about his chances, myself rather less so. It's a track that I enjoy, but i've never really excelled there, in any game. Though it has a really nice crescendo feeling to the lap when you enter the stadium section, ride all the run off on the final corner then launch your car into the fast right hander at the start of the lap - epic.

As the qualifying session started, I left the pits for my first 2 lap banker run and the rain started spitting. Mindful of this, I wanted to put in two proper laps without silly errors. My first was a solid 1:15.1 banker which was quickly out done by Pipeslice who was just behind me on track with a very fast 1:14.6. My follow up lap felt good and was enough to slot in behind Pipeslice and infront of Dark who did a 1:14.9, however this was not representative of his true pace.

The rain stopped, and whilst on my next run, Dark put in an eye popping 1:14.3 which I knew surely had me beaten. I put in a lap 0.150s up on my previous to go ahead of Pipeslice temporarily, before he found another tenth and usurped me again.

For my final run, I knew something special was required in order to beat Pipeslice, never mind DarkPSI. I changed the weight distribution slightly for a more aggressive lap and it seemed to be working for me as I was a further 0.150s up at the end of the second sector, but I got a little ragged into the final sector when I came across tombrooks97 on his in-lap and I failed to improve on my time. Although theoretically I could have gone faster, I had already broken my PB at this track and as Senna once said, stringing together your perfect lap is as futile as trying to tie your shoe laces completely evenly - if you gain time somewhere then you lose out somewhere else almost inevitably. The fact was DarkPSI and Pipeslice just had more raw pace than me. Congrats to Dark on a stunning performance, he really kicked ass in that session 👍

Race:

In practice for this race I had been very happy with my pace on the option tyres - consistent and error free. But the primes were a totally different story - the turn in was poor, the rear slippery (I could take turn 10 flat easily with full fuel load on the options, but had to lift on lighter fuel with the primes bizarrely) and they were causing me to over drive and make mistakes. I decided that if I found myself in clean air I would try a 2 stop race to minimise my time on the primes and to use the full grip of the options, which start off a full 1.2 secs per lap faster in my estimation than the prime, at least in my hands.

I got a good start, about equal with Pipeslice as both of us homed in on DarkPSI. Dark was pushed wide at turn one by Pipe and I profitted as well as I sailed up the inside and took a defensive line into turn 2 to secure my position. I briefly caught a glimpse of Dark getting tagged by pj-gm. Agonisingly this put him right down the order and he'd have a tough job fighting back to the front.

I tried to exert pressure on Pipeslice and I knew that if I could just stay with him there was every chance of winning the race. He was driving pretty hard and nearly lost it completely when he skidded across a bit of gravel at the tricky Mobil 1 Kurve - this put me literally on his gearbox but I couldn't get past into the Sachs Kurve as he held the inside line and blocked my approach. He settled down shortly after that though and the gap stabilized at in and around a second, both even in the first sector, him usually faster in the 2nd and me faster in the third. This carried on for a few laps until lap 6 where we both approached the other home favourite, Baumi27 who had a difficult start to the race and was a lap down. He moved off the racing line but Pipeslice moved to the right as well and got stuck behind him, so I just stayed on the racing line and took the both of them.

I was proud of being able to consolidate this gap at a second over Pipe as he's a phenomenally fast driver and I knew it'd be a tough job to beat him on raw pace alone, and he was faster than me in qualifying no doubt. Towards the end of our first stint, I was gradually able to edge out a tenth or two on him and I was getting the impression Pipe's set-up was maybe taking more out of his tyres than mine. We both pitted on lap 11 for fresh rubber, and since I was in the lead I decided to go with the 2 stopper and fitted some fresh options, while Pipeslice's lollypop man was half asleep and lost him about 3 crucial seconds in the stop giving me breathing space to build a gap. I started pulling roughly a second a lap on him on my faster rubber. I got the impression that perhaps Pipe was pushing too hard to match my pace, possibly unaware that I was on options and this led to him making mistakes as before I knew it, our time differential wasn't registering on screen anymore and I'd probably cleared the length of a pitstop between us so that I could pit again and hopefully remain in the lead.

Indeed, I pitted for primes on lap 23 and emerged 7 seconds clear of Pipeslice who remarkably had a feisty DarkPSI on his tail who had fought his way through the field to third. I felt vindicated on my two stopper because my pace in the final stint was barely any better at all than Dark's, who's primes were about 11 laps older than mine. In fact he was still faster than me in the first sector of the lap - this is where he was destroying us all in qualifying too. Incredibly, after his disastrous first lap, DarkPSI did find his way past Pipe and moved up to second. My fuel consumption was higher than i'd anticipated and I had to turn the engine down on lap 32, and still ran out of fuel out of the final corner but the gap was enough to maintain the win.

All in all, a very pleasing race from my perspective, I managed to keep a consistent pace and avoided any big errors which is what's required in order to win against these guys. It's worth noting from qualifying just how much the field has closed in on us. Down to 8th place there was a spread of 2.5 secs which is a lot closer than it used to be. kcheeb's quali lap was quite good in my book but it still left him that far back which shows how intense the competition is. AliT12's pace has improved massively since he got his wheel but as ever ultimate pace isn't everything and, kcheeb drove a great race to finish ahead of him. Tombrooks97's lap time in qualifying probably just shows how he got left a little bit behind by not being able to get in much practice vs his competition - like everything in Formula One, if you don't move forward you get left behind.

Race Footage
Courtesy of kcheeb:

kcheeb's race:

Hockenheim Qualifying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7frk9e9W1A
Hockenheim Race Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0yZOlC9ajQ
Hockenheim Race Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG59AtINNeU

And here are the tables:

The Championship Tables (As of round 11):

Drivers Championship

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 318 pts
2nd. DarkPSI - 270 pts
3rd. Pipeslice - 191 pts
4th. Baumi27 - 180 pts
5th. Mutu20 - 167 pts
6th. Tombrooks97 - 66 pts
7th. kcheeb - 53 pts
8th. Ardius - 44 pts
9th. MikeTheHockeyFan - 43 pts
10th. AliT12 - 41 pts
11th. Upuaut - 36 pts
12th. NumbPhase - 34 pts
13th. pj-gm - 24 pts
14th. DOUQA - 19 pts
15th. Jerry786 - 12 pts
16th. Shark33 - 3 pts
17th. Manios22DC - 2 pts
18th. jordy7777 - 2 pts

Teams Championship

1st. Tyrrell - 485 pts - Shaggy Alonso, Mutu20
2nd. Benetton - 313 pts - DarkPSI, MikeTheHockeyFan
3rd. Jordan - 272 pts - Tombrooks97, Pipeslice, Jerry786, Shark33
4rd. Brawn - 226 pts - Baumi27, Manios22DC, Ardius
5th. Hesketh - 108 pts - kcheeb, NumbPhase, DOUQA, jordy7777
6th. Brabham - 101 pts - Upuaut, AliT12, pj-gm

Last edited:
You've definately made great progress kcheeb, in my first few races me and you always finished either one position ahead or behind of each other. Now I've noticed your much more consistent and cautious and in the last 3 races you've finished well above me.

Thanks Ali, I've started to recognize a mistake situation and minimize the damage. Now to learn how to reduce the mistakes and get faster :)

I think when it's just the open track I get into the grove and don't really think about it I just drive and my laps are consistent but soon as I catch up to someone I snap out of the grove and the nerves kick in and then the mistakes pile in.

This is exactly what it feels like to me. In most other activities I've been involved in, the more you experience the situation, the more comfortable you get with it. It's a matter of learning from them I suppose. And having fun 👍

Great race report Shaggy, well done as always!

Now on to Hungaroring, where I should have another good result. It should be a close race, but traction matters more than anything else, so make sure you guys dial some soft rear springs into your setups ;)

Hesketh, your days are numbered, Brabham is coming :mischievous:

Last edited:
Shaggy, I won't be driving on Sunday. Have a great race everyone, wish I could be there!

That's a shame, was looking forward to maybe meeting you on track again. Why not?

I've readjusted my driving style quite a bit, and it's given me quite good results, in fact even better results than ever before. At some tracks I may be something like a second faster now. I've even managed to take half a second off my previous PB at Monaco, now i'm standing in at a 1:12.6, from a 1:13.2. That's irrelevant, and I won't be getting as much at hungary, but it's a track I like, so i'm hoping that I can stick myself ahead of Mutu20, whose the closest person to me on pace at the moment, but about half a second off. The Renault feels good at Hungary, so hoping to get 4th or above, and given the track being very hard to pass on, it's not impossible if you manage to get ahead at the start.

Hi guys,

after having some training sessions this week in hungary I have to say that i underestimated this circuit in past.
It's a real technical circuit and without doubt one of the best in the game. I have to say that finding the right car ballance for every sector is really challenging. I know adjust my balance perfectly to sector one and epecially sector three as a compromise to only good balance in sector 2. In sum it results in my fastest laptimes here.
Same for you?

Bye

DarkPSI

That's a shame, was looking forward to maybe meeting you on track again. Why not?

I'm caddying for my brother in his club championship. I love going out there with him and competing and getting to see some awesome golf up close. Wish the timing was different.

If someone can convert what time you will will be racing on Sunday to MTN, I can see if I can fill a seat

Hey fission, that's 13:00 or 1:00 p.m. mountain time.

Hi guys,

after having some training sessions this week in hungary I have to say that i underestimated this circuit in past.
It's a real technical circuit and without doubt one of the best in the game. I have to say that finding the right car ballance for every sector is really challenging. I know adjust my balance perfectly to sector one and epecially sector three as a compromise to only good balance in sector 2. In sum it results in my fastest laptimes here.
Same for you?

Bye

DarkPSI

Yup, its the ultimate circuit that really shows the meaning of "setup is about compromise". I've found a decent setup that compromises all of the circuit really, its not particularly brilliant in any sector but overall it produces fast and consistent laptimes with some nice stability. You could tailor a setup to take any one of the corners much better, but it would make other corners and sectors much more difficult and/or slower.

I've definitely found sector 2 the most difficult to find the right setup, but this circuit is for the most part about giving the car as much turn-in as possible while trying to keep it stable. A lot of the corners are quite slippery which makes the setup even more difficult, sometimes it might seem faster to run a more stable setup when its usually better to simply adapt your line or car control.

I feel I've got a good compromise, and it sounds like I've gone the same direction as you Dark, though I've sacraficed a little speed from sector 1 and 3 for some in sector 2..as much as I can anyway.

Even though I think Codemasters have made this track way way more slippery than it should be (compared to other circuits in the game), I still very much enjoy driving this circuit. Its a shame that overtaking and racing action is difficult here, but thats usually the case with circuits which are more technical (Singapore, Monaco, etc). Mistakes are going to be the main factor in creating overtaking chances here, though as always the run on the start/finish straight is an opportunity and turns 1,2 and 3 give some room to battle.

Its going to be crucial in the race to avoid getting on the throttle too early in several corners and then spinning - broken front wings are all too easy as the barriers might not seem far away, but they can become close if you make the wrong mistake!

Last edited:
Aww, but the Renault is great around Budapest :D

But I know you LOVE Renault, so i'll switch with you 👍

Dammit ,this really sucks

Qualified 6th for the third time in my 3 races. Race was a DNF doe to being disconnected.

Just as I said "expect rain", we were all surprised to see the track soaked for qualifying. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good lap in, and ran out of time in the last few minutes when the track conditions were a lot better, so was 7th. Ardius got a 5 place penalty, so he started at the back and I moved back to my long time familiar position, 6th.

In the race, I got an ok start, but Ardius rocketed to turn 1, past everyone, and took out both Dark and pipe. I luckily avoided this, as well as Baumi, he making a mistake shortly after putting me up to 2nd for the time being. My own mistake meant that I was now back behind him, but stayed glued to him, with Internet_User chasing. Dark and pipe both recovered form their offs, and quickly got by the 3 of us and left us for dead in the chase of Shaggy. A mistake by Baumi meant I was once again back ahead, now in 4th, and I started to put in some quick times, increasing the gap a little, because Baumi and Internet_User were battling it out behind me. Now time for pitstops, Baumi went in first on lap 9 I believe, Internet_User went in on lap 10, and I followed their lead by going in on lap 11. Baumi got the jump on me, because of a sub par in lap, but I came out ahead of Ardius, who was holding up Internet_User. I now proceeded to chase Baumi down to see if I could pressure a mistake, and it eventually worked, and put him at the back of the Ardius train. Now, with the prime tyres working very well for me, I was now able to put in some fast, consistent times and increased the gap to the 2 behind me. Ardius pitted, and I was thankfully still increasing the gap slightly, I guess I was handling the primes better than Baumi was behind me. The gap was up to 4 seconds, when, poof. Disconnected from the server. I am bitterly disappointed with that, it'd have been my best drive all season so far, and would've been my highest finish so far. Nevertheless, great race Baumi and Internet_User, hoping to meet up on track again with you guys.

Many apologies for the turn 1 mess! I can't believe I did that and I'm especially gutted because I managed to hit both title contenders Dark and pipeslice and then triple that because its the second time for Dark to be taken out on lap 1! :guilty:
To explain myself - I got another good start off the line and was on the extreme-inside of the track alongside PJ. I chose this line because akmuq was on the outside (after starting from 7th), PJ was in the middle and the only space left was the inside. I then prepared to brake for turn 1 and attempt to keep my advantage against PJ...however, due to being on the extreme inside of the track and with 5 or 6 other cars covering the track, I suddenly realised I couldn't see my braking point (the distance markers on the left hand side of the track). By the time I had realised I wasn't going to be able to see my braking points I could only estimate my braking point (I think it was 150m but obviously I only guessed!)..and I hence got it completely wrong. I braked as hard as possible and locked up doing so, sliding flying past Baumi and into the corner just as Dark, pipeslice and I think Mutu were going through it. I don't know if my wheels went on the grass or not, now that I think back on it, they probably were (as I moved even further right to avoid slamming into the back of Baumi) which only made it worse. There is no excuse, my fault and I'm deeply, deeply sorry for it.

Anyway, I'm totally gutted and extremely sorry for that mess! I hadn't planned on making such an insane lunge and I'm normally pretty careful with my braking..especially for turn 1. So I hope no one feels it was personal or intentional.

Anyway, back to my post-race thoughts, qualifying went pretty dreadful to be honest. I had practiced in rain conditions before the race and wasn't really surprised or disappointed that it was a rainy session. I think I'm more disappointed in my lack of speed in those conditions, the setup I had was able to pull 1'20 laps fairly easily in the dry and I was interested to see where that would put me against everyone else. Instead I only managed a 1'24 on full wets, after I had experimented with inters, slicks and full wets throughout the session. I also have to apologise again here for destroying Mutu's front wing when I got completely in the way on one of his laps while I was struggling with slicks, I tried to keep off the racing line but I couldn't move fast enough without spinning out to avoid him. This is what netted me a 5 place grid penalty for the race and hence I started 8th.

The race after turn 1 went pretty well actually. I didn't make any huge mistakes and just a few minor little slides. Unfortunately, everyone seemed to have much faster pace than me (again, disappointing) so my consistencey wasn't rewarded so much here. I'm very happy though to have completed a race distance without any major mistakes and not making the stupid error I made at Valencia. I had a great battle with Mutu pretty much all the way to lap 30 as he made tons of mistakes everytime he got past me! I also briefly fought Baumi too and wasn't too far off PJ before he disconnected. 4th was achievable today if the others had made more serious mistakes but on speed alone it seemed I was only ever going to finish 7th.

Overall, mixed feelings. On the one hand I'm gutted to have caused such a stupid and very disruptive accident at the first corner. I pride myself on having a very clean racing record and very rarely taking people out, so it hurts a lot to make a mistake like this. But on the other hand I had a very consistent and clean race after turn 1, made no mistakes and had a lot of fun defending from Mutu.

Qualified: 6th Started: 8th (5 place grid penalty for destroying Mutu's wing/blocking him)
Finished: 6th
Average race laptime: 1'23.xxx
Biggest mistake: Turn 1 completely missing my braking point and taking 2 of the main contenders for the championship and for the race victory! Gutted! :guilty:
Favourite moment: A great fight with Mutu (even if it was more due to his mistakes rather than my speed), making little to no mistakes for the entire 35 laps after turn 1.

The most action packed, frustrating, disappointing and possibly the most fun race I've had to date.

I was hungover, tired, hungry, sun burnt, grumpy and unpracticed when I sat down at the wheel come 8pm. As a result I drove like **** lol.

Qualified poorly. I managed one lap which was relatively mistake free but by no means fast. Was good enough for 5 thanks to a last minute lap from Baumi.

The start was pretty ridiculous. As has been covered Ardius came into turn 1 very hot and took out me, Dark and Pipeslice. The rest of a race was a blur of mistakes, swearing, battling with Ardius and Baumi, swearing, 2 or 3 laps which I would class as good and then more swearing.

On reflection, Dark taking me out on the penultimate corner may have affected my race more that I realised. I know Dark and Pipeslice are quicker than me, but Hungaroring is hard to pass at and even though I qualified well down, I felt my race pace would actually be quite good. He should have waited after he punted me but I can understand his frustration. Idk, I'm prepared to let it go because I ended up having a shambles of a race anyway but had I been on form I would be more pissed for sure.

In reality, this put me last I think, or at least 2nd last The rest of the race fell into an incredibly frustrating pattern. Catch up with someone/make a mistake, catch up with someone/pass/make a mistake. Rinse, repeat. Had some great battles during this however, with one of my best overtaking manoeuvres to date on Ardius at 13. No idea how we didn't crash here - I was absolutely flat.

Anyway, with about 6 laps to go I got clear of Ardius for the umpteenth time and had about 8 seconds between me and Baumi. I think I put in my best lap around this period with a 1:20.5 or something on worn primes. Baumi was struggling for grip and I managed to catch him with a few laps to go. The funny thing about my fastest lap is that I can't even remember doing it - far too many times in the race I was focussing too much on being fast. I was pushing far too hard.

My fuel gauge actually went red on the penultimate corner of the penultimate lap but luckily Shaggy had lapped me so I didn't have to worry about not finishing.

Terrible race by me but a lot of fun too in hindsight. The age old mistake of not enough practice...

Last edited:
Thanks for the race reports guys, as ever interesting to read back on how everyone else's evenings panned out.

Just thought i'd mention something that I should have said after the race, Ardius's dive bomb into turn 1 is totally uncharacteristic of him and thus he should be given the benefit of the doubt over this, without question. He's always been a fair racer, and i've raced against him over the course of about 2-3 years now. Anyone can have a brain-fart into turn one and forget to brake, i've done it before. Sometimes the consequences just make it seem so much worse than what is usually just an innocuous mishap.

Had some great battles during this however, with one of my best overtaking manoeuvres to date on Ardius at 13. No idea how we didn't crash here - I was absolutely flat.

Ah yeah, I almost forgot that. You finished the move into turn 14 if I remember right?
I think we were side-by-side in pretty much every corner of the track at some point! You were really fast in the second sector, you always caught me in turns 6 and 7 even when I had a second or two cushion. It seemed I generally got better drive out of turn 14, 15 and 16 though as I always seemed to keep up or catch up slightly in the last sector.

God I was terrible. I just didn't have enough practice and seemed to miss every single apex, even if I was going 10 miles an hour I probably still would have missed it.:ouch: Then on lap 7 or 8 I had just spun and then it told me I disconnected. Now that did surprise me, I only disconnect when I'm having a good race.:odd: First time I diconnected in ages.

Wish I could have joined you today, sounds like it was a good race. With a little adventure thrown in.

My brother finished 5th, not too happy about it, but there were some good signs for his game rounding into shape.

Looking forward to this Sunday!

Just a short report from me.

Qualy
Managed second place 0.2 behind shaggy I thought I could have got pole on my last effort but oversteered onto the main straight,but regardless I was happy with result.

Race
Got a good start was careful going into turn 1 darkpsi was going around the outside so I slowed to avoid hitting,then ardius hit me hard which pushed me straight into darkpsi taking us both out.i came out in last place,so I got the hammer down and got back to second place.i know catching shaggy was probably out of the question now because of the start,and looking at the timings i would gain in the first sector and he would gain in the second so it was kind of a stail mate.i decided to do a two stop strategy which clearly was a mistake as come end of the race I was a pit stop time behind the leaders so I won't be doing that again.my main goal for this week was to be more consistent which I did I still made far to many mistakes but much better than before.i know I have the pace to stay with shaggy but he has this amazing ability to do very fast laps every lap,where as my mind wonders half way through the race and my pace suffers,so this is an area that I need to work on.

As a side note.i know its not everyones cup of tea but what's the views on 100% races its something I would love to do,tyre wear and stops would be more accurate im thinking of this for f1 2011 as this is shaping up to be something special.

Hi Guys,

first congrats to Shaggy for winning on a very technical circuit. I have to say that he would really deserve the championship title, his consistency and speed is awesome. I will try my best in next races, but I also know that hockenheim and now budapest were crucial points for the championship battle.

Second I want to apologize to Mutu20 for punting him. This video catches the situation really 1:1 unless it was turn 14 on Hungaroring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URyH9KGy8NY

In this situation I made an irregularity and didn't let Mutu20 pass me afterwards. This wasn't ok from my side and I really want to give back Mutu20 his deserved 3rd Place in race. Overtaking is quiet difficult on Hungaroring and Mutu20 had a good chance for staying in front of me.
So my 3rd place doesn't feel good, but 4rd does. Please set me on 4rd in Results Shaggy, thanks.

Now the report:

Qualifying:
Surprise, surprise it was raining. After leaving the pits I quickly realized that it wasnt too wet, so that dry setups work better than wet setups. So I couldn't set a pole time, cause I was on wet setup, but knew that there was some more time gaining possible. Unfortunately I also realized that the dry setup was very difficult to handle, also in light wet conditions, so i made a few mistakes and in result I was lucky to stay on 3rd place.

Race:
This race my plan was to bring pressure to bear on shaggy and pipeslice. I know that pipeslice is always very fast in the beginning of a race (with heavy car) so I felt quiet comfortable behind him, knowing that he would try to catch Shaggy in the first few laps, and perhaps I could be the lucky man when thy race against each other.
I had a good start and was able to drive left side from pipeslice. He had the inner line so I choosed a wide line for turn1. It worked well from my point of view and after accelerating out of turn 1 suddenly a big punt from behind occured. OH NO i thought just the same issue like in hockenheim. I dont blame Ardius as I know things like that can happen and he always drives very fair. Nevertheless I was really angry about having so much misfortune, just after the issue in hockenheim. Now I knew that bringing pressure to bear on shaggy was impossible (I had to realize later that this thought was wrong from my side, the old rule "never give up" would have been the better thought).
So I was rushing through the field with a lot of angriness due to my misfortune. This leads to my first penalty for breaking too late and cutting the chicane.Of course I still was driving fair but very aggressive which leads in the situation already mentiones with mutu20 (1:1 video above). As I already said big apologies to him and he fully deserved 3rd place in this race.
Cause of this issue pipeslice could get past me and we were both trying to catch Shaggy, which was nearly impossible as you can imagine. Than suddenly pipeslice go to the pits quiet early, which surprised me. I got a little bit out of rhythm then, cause I was thinking if its a good idea to stay on my options now, as I knew that pipeslice could have gone on options again. So I lost some time to Shaggy in this race part due to these thoughts which cost some concentration. I decided to set the strategy more related to Shaggy and stay out as long as he would. This plan cost me about 4 seconds in the last 2 rounds before pitting, Shaggy's options really were amazing without doubt a result of his driving style and setup. Nevertheless I was looking forward for the session on the primes as I knew that my setup was tweaked for primes. And yeah it worked, apart of my 10 sec penalty for driving to fast in pitlane (ok better than a Drive through). I could really win time on shaggy and also (which surprised me) on pipeslice, who should have been on options this time?
My car really felt wonderful and I could push quiet well and consistency was easy. Another fact was that Shaggy seems to make some little mistakes there, but of course I knew that with my 20sec penalty the game was over. But to bring pressure to bear on racers ahead is always fun if it works you know! :-)
After pipeslice pitted again, I knew that I need 20secs in front of him to stay on pos2. And than damn. Next cutting of the chicance (so 30seconds penalty in sum now). Well it wasnt my day.
Afterwards a good 2nd place was possible, the issue at the start made my driving style too agressive.

Now I'm looking forward to SPA, a real driver circuit. Here I have the feeling that someone could declass the whole field...

See you there

DarkPSI

P.S.: I also would like to drive 100% races like pipeslice said. Its much more realistic

Last edited:
Back