WrongGear "Mag" Pictorials - new WrongGear Reloaded coming soon

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 187 comments
Thanks for kind words from all of you.
I'm writing down new issue right now, so it will be online in around 20 minutes :)

@zar831: I edit my photos, but don't use HDR (except old race Honda).

6069552638_e829b56473_b.jpg

This time we have smaller issue. Too bad I recently have no time for driving or taking pictures.

Head 2 head
Polish police
In Poland police doesn't have cool cars like Germans with their 911, or Italians with Gallardo. Most common undercover police car with speed camera in Poland is Opel Vectra. Not so thrilling to be honest. Was that a good choice or is there any alternative?

We've chosen something similiar. Almost exact same power. Also big. 100kg lighter but 100 torque less. Will Honda Accord Euro-R beat old policeman?

Even bus stop would beat Vectra! Car is horrible. Massive understeer, way too long shifts. I really tried to find something good in this vehicle, but jus couldn't. Ok, you can put at least 2 bodies in boot, but polish policemen won't shoot anybody, becouse they're afraid of lawsuit.

Honda is way better. Really nice ride for big fwd sedan. Better breaks, better tranny, overall just better. And also it doesn't look like Quasimodo. This car would be so much better choice for men in blue than Opel. But maybe Vectra is faster? The Sztig decided to test it. Some say he only eats bigos, and that he have sold his three kidneys on ebay. All we know he is The Sztig.
Well, no surprises here. Honda was 1,5s faster, and Vectra ended on last place of our board. Do you think Polish police decided now to buy some better cars? Now they bought some Alfas 159. Great choice when you're looking for reliable car.

Supercar fest
Ferrari, I'm an idiot
I've alwas considered that California is baby Ferrari for flashy girls, and guys that use make up. Also it's not most appealing Ferrari on the market. I had to see myself is it that bad.

Boy, I was sooo wrong. This car is just phenomenal. Perfectly ballanced, fast, and very, very fun to drive. It's so damn easy to drive that even ape could safely powersilde with it. Be aware that going sideways in photo below didn't end with spectacular crash. Controlled fun - that's what Ferrari California do.

The Sztig decided to take it for a spin around our test course. Result was really impressive. You'll find it at the bottom of this issue.
Ferrari California is a must have. When you ignore that ridiculous back it is brilliant car. So I have to say, I'm sorry Ferrari, I'm an idiot and Cali is great!

Drift corner
Not so feminine
Yeah, yeah, MX-5 is car for girls. So what? I just love it. Properly tuned it's flying sideways, but short wheelbase isn't so easy to control. Call me queer, I don't care. I want a real MX-5.

Party on Ibiza?
Party? Funeral maybe. Seat Ibiza is so dull, that after few laps you'll gonna pass out. I can't find one good thing in it. Also what the hell is with this paint. Day - black, night - purple. Too bad it doesn't change it's attitude at night as well.

Sports season
Racing cardboard box
Big racing sedans? Count me in! I've decided to take something older, as I love those blocky looks of old DTM cars.

It turned out that Alfa 155 is great car. I was able to win whole series without any new parts or better tires. Great control, oversteers only when you want it. Perfect for the job. And just look at it, it's gorgeous as Peta Wilson. Ok she have horse face, but I still like it :D

And now our lap times board. We've added times of California, Vectra and Accord.

5890885058_378770afc4.jpg

1:28,219 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '10 Pooooooower
1:29,667 Lamborghini Murcielago SV '10 Whoa!
1:30,619 Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 Razor edge
1:32,103 McLaren MP4-12C '10 Tricky but fast
1:32,323 Saleen S7 '02 Wild and fast
1:32,908 Ferrari California '08 What the hell?
1:33,879 RUF CTR2 '96 Faaast but not fun
1:34,391 BMW M3 GTR Road Car '03 Astonishing accuracy
1:34,520 Aston Martin Vanquish '04 Glued
1:35,403 Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 Hard to manage
1:35,705 Maserati GranTurismo '08 Hard to manage
1:36,106 Mercedes E55 AMG '02 Powerslide!
1:36,159 RUF 3400S '00 Pure pleasure
1:36,402 Audi RS6 '02 Heavyweight monster
1:36,566 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 Nervous but fun
1:38,402 Autobacs Garaiya '02 Oversized kart
1:40,035 TVR V8S '91 Controlable fun
1:41,731 Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 Funny boat
1:44,233 Ford Focus ST '06 Predictable
1:45,103 Honda Accord Euro-R '02 Very good for big FF
1:45,174 Fiat Coupe Turbo '00 Nice car, yup
1:46,575 Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03 Understeering cow

That's all. All opinions are welcome. See you next time.

Last edited:
Dude, your english grammer is just so effin' funny.
I love it!

The Photos are great, and the text written in your grammer are just hilarious!
I lost it as soon as I read "...Even bus stop would beat Vectra!"

Just priceless! :D

Just brilliant once again - always the best read on GTPlanet and arguably amongst the very best photos too. 👍 👍 :drool:

Thanks. It really cool to see that you like it :)
I'd love to test Merc Evo II, but the one I have is tuned with some parts I can't remove. When I get stock one I will for sure test it.

Thanks. It really cool to see that you like it :)
I'd love to test Merc Evo II, but the one I have is tuned with some parts I can't remove. When I get stock one I will for sure test it.

I can give you one, I have two 0km stock, 0/0

I can give you one, I have two 0km stock, 0/0

Great. I'll send you FR in few days. Sadly, I don't have time now to make new issue, but you gave me nice idea.

Next time: WrongGear - Three Pointed Star Special :)

I hope I'll be able to put it online next week.

Great. I'll send you FR in few days. Sadly, I don't have time now to make new issue, but you gave me nice idea.

Next time: WrongGear - Three Pointed Star Special :)

I hope I'll be able to put it online next week.

I'm online right now, building money from the RCT seasonal (I want to buy all the OCD cars I currently don't have hahaha, which will cost me around 12500000 Cr lol)

Ever considered photography career Abraxas? Those shots are absolutely fantastic. The magazine is very funny and I can spot a bit of Top Gear between the lines haha, great work man!

Thanks again guys.

NascarManiaco99 - I've sent you FR ;)
Naqluz - I'm not that good in real photography :)
el fayce - SLS will be featured in upcoming WrongGear Special

Thanks again guys.

Your Mercedes was sent, take good care of it (not really lol, I have another anyway hahahaha)

Last edited:
Thanks again guys.

Naqluz - I'm not that good in real photography :)
el fayce - SLS will be featured in upcoming WrongGear Special

thanx

iam just happy because i like this car :dopey:

6102961959_8bc2eb5328_b.jpg

Tonight. SLS is going sideways. 190 Evo II is going sideways. And CLK is going sideways.
Please welcome german enginering at it's best. Mercedes-Benz special!

Head 2 head
European muscles
Two biggest three pointed stars of them all. Lighter but less powerful SLS and drop dead gorgeous SLR. In terms of feel and joy they are quite similar. You clearly can feel heavy front in both of them, and it takes some time to get used to driving them fast. Strangely SLS feels heavier, and less balanced, but not much. What really shocked me was that SLS was faster in drag race than SLR. You could clearly see that gearbox of SLS was way faster.

Driving these Mercs for the first time is strange. You really don’t feel how fast you are driving, and it can end on a tree. Slow in, fast out is a key to use their enormous power.

When Sztig was doing test laps, we couldn’t tell if he is fast or not, maybe because he was spinning out at almost every corner. Later it turned out that he wasn’t aware that he enters corners so fast and couldn’t correct it in the middle of corner.

So which one was faster on our test road? Some say that he keeps tiny pet cow in his house and he is unable to tell apart hippo and elephant. All we know he is The Sztig. After many laps it turned out that they are almost exactly the same in terms of speed. So which one is better? I prefer SLR. It’s more balanced, and prettier, but there is one tiny factor against it. Price. So if you care about your money, SLS is really for you, if not decide yourself.

TwoFace
I’m pretty sure that Evo II has never been on sale in Gotham City. Otherwise Batman would sack his ridiculous jetcar for this badass.

Old Merc drives as it looks. It’s pure evil. Problem is it’s really really bad. You get in it, drive to first corner and bang it tries to kill you. You’ve heard so much stories about how great it is, and now you are wrapped around lamp post. Trying to feather the throttle doesn’t make things much better. And after few nervous laps you know what is wrong. Tires!

What monstrous idiot put it on comfort softs? Tyre change and we have new car! Still tricky, but fun. Still tries to kill you, but only if you push too hard, and not every time. If your driving style is “pedal to the metal!”, go find yourself something easier. This one is demanding, but also rewarding you with fun and excitement.
On our test track we had to use stock tires. That’s our rule, so it didn’t end spectacular, but with sport hards Merc was 3 second faster.

Drift corner
Senior citizen
I always thought that Mercs were for older people. Interior made of few trees and cows, calm and dignified exterior and that’s all. My friend once took me for a ride in his CLK 350 on a mountain road. Suddenly I had to change everything what I was thinking about that brand.

Big engines, rear wheel drive, what else do you need to have fun? Yeah, they sometimes look kinda old and boring, but look at Sean Connery, he is 130 years old, and still is a badass.
CLK 55 is great base for drifter. I’ve tuned it to around 460HP and it’s still easy to manage around corners yet have power to go through them like hell.

Sports season
From bottom of hell
Most people like to experience something extreme from time to time. Bungee jumping, parachute jumps, shooting with AK47, or knitting. And all that is good and entertaining, when you do it from time to time. Driving Sauber C9 is similar.

Blasting through Monza in it was sensational. Endless amounts of power, extreme acceleration and hardcore speed made my day. But like other extreme activities it can end not quite well. A little too much throttle on corner exit and your bungee rope breaks. It’s definitely not sunday drivers car, but if you have some skill, and don’t ram gas pedal with fury you can have unforgettable moments with this monstrous Merc. Just like with knitting.

This time we have added times of SLS, SLR and Evo II. Be prepared for some surprising results.

5890885058_378770afc4.jpg

1:28,219 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '10 Pooooooower
1:29,667 Lamborghini Murcielago SV '10 Whoa!
1:30,619 Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 Razor edge
1:30,881 Mercedes SLR McLaren '09 I mean... how?
1:31,026 Mercedes SLS AMG '10 Faster than you think

1:32,103 McLaren MP4-12C '10 Tricky but fast
1:32,323 Saleen S7 '02 Wild and fast
1:32,908 Ferrari California '08 What the hell?
1:33,879 RUF CTR2 '96 Faaast but not fun
1:34,391 BMW M3 GTR Road Car '03 Astonishing accuracy
1:34,520 Aston Martin Vanquish '04 Glued
1:35,403 Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 Hard to manage
1:35,705 Maserati GranTurismo '08 Hard to manage
1:36,106 Mercedes E55 AMG '02 Powerslide!
1:36,159 RUF 3400S '00 Pure pleasure
1:36,402 Audi RS6 '02 Heavyweight monster
1:36,566 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 Nervous but fun
1:38,402 Autobacs Garaiya '02 Oversized kart
1:40,035 TVR V8S '91 Controlable fun
1:41,731 Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 Funny boat
1:43,660 Mercedes 190 E Evo II '91 Idiotic tires
1:44,233 Ford Focus ST '06 Predictable
1:45,103 Honda Accord Euro-R '02 Very good for big FF
1:45,174 Fiat Coupe Turbo '00 Nice car, yup
1:46,575 Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03 Understeering cow

That's all. Next time typical issue. Hope you like it, and tell me what you think. About mag, photos, cars, whatever :)

Last edited:
Love what you do here 👍 great shots and reading the comments and reviews is really fun, great work :)

Another outstanding read with brilliant photos to boot! Absolutely love it! 👍👍

The Mercedes update is beautiful! To make the CLK look good in this game is nearly impossible...well, you did it! Great job :drool:👍

And I love your timetable you put up. Especially with your comments on how they feel! ;)

Back