1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I think the rear loading beach bomb looks much better than the one that made it into the stores.

Very nice, and pink of course. Dude, I see more redlines and such stuff. I demand, DEMAND pictures of your collection.

And yes, the Tomica is a Tomica Limited, exhaustively detailed stuff, hard to find and not cheap, but not that expensive either.

I don't consider my self a collector, but I have like a hundred HW cars, including some 80s ones I got from my dad. I may post them later.

@Cano-

The only way to get the Green Supra

IMG_0860.jpg

The only way to get the maroon Supra

IMG_0861.jpg

Oh, and the blue Omni is pretty neat.
IMG_0858.jpg

It was issused in '83 along with the gold Omni here.

IMG_0859.jpg

I have both the maroon and green Supras, but they came loose in some E-Bay lots... no wait, I have had the maroon car for a long while now. Can't remember where it came from.

And I only have the silver Omni and a very tattered mexican gold one, I had never seen the blue version. It's awesome!

Damn, it scapes me sometimes the kind of cars you have in your collection. Truly droolable.

$1000s invested over 15 years will net you a decent collection such as mine. Had I not bought 200+ DVDs while I was in college years back...I'd have even more. :indiff:

$1000s invested over 15 years will net you a decent collection such as mine. Had I not bought 200+ DVDs while I was in college years back...I'd have even more. :indiff:

Yeah, I know how that is, but only like 7 years or so ago I started to spend seriously to make my collection grow. Even then, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now if it wasn't for E-Bay. Since I discovered it my collection has grown exponentially and I have gotten back several cars from my childhood, while landing impossible to find here cars at a good price. If I invested the same money I have in my collection now without E-Baying, I'd have maaaaaaybe a third of the cars I have now. I wish I knew how to e-buy 15 years ago hahaha

I had that gas station playset! Of course I was a kid and actually played with it. Probably in a landfill between here and Colorado by now. :(

I'll take Trans-Am off your hands. :D My dad has one, and I'd want a "model" car of it. Where can I find those? Google never helps me.
Nice collection. 👍 That XJ220 really caught my eye.

EliteD - I bought 4 of the Trans-Ams - A Jungle-green, White, and 2 Blacks. The Green is on display on my wall, The White kept aside for posterity (Wheeling/Dealing in ten years maybe) and the extra Black for Trading right now. PM me and we'll work out a trade, ok?

Got back from some grocery shopping and I picked these up at Walmart.

Nissan Skyline GT-X X2
6060015108_09b4fba2ef_z.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R
6059465845_b83366e0f8_z.jpg

I noticed a run in the R32's decals.
6060015964_eda476abf0_z.jpg

@M-POWER-FTW I really have to keep an eye out for that. When is it coming out? One can never have too many Skylines.

Nice grabs deadcell - Skylines, Skylines . . .

I guess you're talking about the one above the Lesney Mercedes ambulance. It's a Hot Wheels car from the mid-late 90s. here you go:

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Ferrari_250_Testa_Rossa

Yup. That's what I thought, Cano, but was not sure - could really make out the pontoon fenders. Would you believe the black version of that (RL car) sold for a record-breaking 12.5 Million?
Have seen the Yellow #7 many times (in this thread, too!) and had the Red once (now lost) but never seen a green. A Green 'Redhead' ! LOL! How ironic, eh?
If you are ever trading that off, let me know . . .

its every where in newzealand

Was thinking of touring the coastal roads of NZ on a bike one day . . . now I think I'll just emigrate!: lol:

Damn. 👍 Thanks for the history lesson, man. It's intriguing how interesting a story like this can be, and how valuable cars like this can be. :eek:

Last pic with three of them lined up, it looks damn impressive, doesn't it? :D

Totally. We learn good stuff in here, eh?

I don't consider my self a collector, but I have like a hundred HW cars, including some 80s ones I got from my dad. I may post them later.

UH . . .guys . . whaddya say? Is he a 'collector'? I think so.👍:lol:

Yeah, I know how that is, but only like 7 years or so ago I started to spend seriously to make my collection grow. Even then, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now if it wasn't for E-Bay. Since I discovered it my collection has grown exponentially and I have gotten back several cars from my childhood, while landing impossible to find here cars at a good price. If I invested the same money I have in my collection now without E-Baying, I'd have maaaaaaybe a third of the cars I have now. I wish I knew how to e-buy 15 years ago hahaha

I had that gas station playset! Of course I was a kid and actually played with it. Probably in a landfill between here and Colorado by now. :(

Yeah - pretty much the same for me - started collecting when young, then got married, kids took over my cars, thrashed them, lost them. modded them with Sharpies, I lost interest, sold lots at yard-sales, kept some, bought a few more, kids grew up and threw my Corgis, Majorettes, Huskys and HW's away for Video Games, I started stashing my cars away again, bought more, things settled down and I'm back to playing with my collectibles . . .

Here are some of my pick-ups ( ;) ) from last week:

100_4677-1.jpg

100_4670-1.jpg

Had a Buick Regal once - so I was really happy to grab this. Only one in the store so it stays in the pack - hopefully I can find another to break open.

100_4671.jpg

Gassers galore. No petards.:)

061-1-1.jpg

Hot Wheels are a way of life - heh heh - I actually use the Carbonator, and Fast Cash. Got wheels all over me! :lol:

100_4698-1.jpg

Hmmmm . . . . this was another all-nighter for me.

BTW, Guys, have you checked out the GTPlanet Library. Darn! That Mr. Greer is some Webmaster . . .

Later, alligators . . .

Last edited:
I don't consider myself a collector, but I have like a hundred HW cars, including some 80s ones I got from my dad. I may post them later.

Here they are, I actually have more, but to find them I'd have to dig in my toy box.

P1010668.JPG

The 115 (so far) of them:

P1010665.JPG

The old ones from my dad:

P1010666.JPG

P1010667.JPG

I had the gas station as a kid as well and I still have it hanging on one of my peg boards in the basement next to the car that came with it. The only thing I'm missing from my loose version is the auto service sign, which I'd pay $2 for at this point! From the age of 9-10 on, I never got rid of a single car. When I was 22 or 23 my mother gave half my collection (without my knowing) to my nephew who was 5 at the time. :grumpy: I think in a few more years I'll be ready to forgive.

Had a Buick Regal once - so I was really happy to grab this. Only one in the store so it stays in the pack - hopefully I can find another to break open.

Nice, look out for the white one too. And the Tail Dragger's interior is glow in the dark. Check it out.

Hot Wheels are a way of life - heh heh - I actually use the Carbonator, and Fast Cash. Got wheels all over me! :lol:

:lol: Nice.

Just got a couple from Grocery shopping.

The Estoque and Camaro are the newest cars out. Definitely a good find and buy, man. I'm still waiting for those to hit here. :grumpy:

Here are some new cars I've acquired in the past week.

Did a trade with a VW collector and these were 2 of 4 things he sent. Japanese carded Ferrari's. Very happy about these. :D
IMG_2639.jpg

Back of card.
IMG_2637.jpg

Found a no tampo error on the new Rennen Rig.
IMG_2651.jpg

Finally found the blue Mini Challenge and the new Decades Corvette.
IMG_2649.jpg

And lastly, another one of the cars I got in my recent trade. Color Shifters Batmobile.
IMG_2653.jpg

Oh my god, he shot himself! Where the heck did that smiley come from!? :crazy:

On the bottom photo, is that lever below the door for moving the front wheels? Cool cars as usual by the way. 👍

Yes that lever is what moves the front wheels.
Another ebay lot arrived today.

P8260103 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Lensey Jaguar missing its hood and a Vauxhall Victor Estate thats missing its tailgate

P8260104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Lensey Coke Truck and Bottle Float

P8260106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
This is made by a New Zealand company called Fun Ho its a Bedford truck

P8260107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Lensey Unimog and Cattle Truck

P8260108 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The two Armoured cars at the front are Lensey Wells Fargo cars and the one at the back is a Majorette

P8260110 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Got these grocery shopping

From the age of 9-10 on, I never got rid of a single car. When I was 22 or 23 my mother gave half my collection (without my knowing) to my nephew who was 5 at the time. :grumpy: I think in a few more years I'll be ready to forgive.

Wow, that's damn harsh. I would have screamed for three days straight.

Another ebay lot arrived today.

Daaamn, there are some real jewels there, but they are too damn rough. The hood-less Jaguar is absolutely hopeless as there is no way in hell you can get a hood for thst thing. The rear gate of the wagon can be more or less custom made, and you'd have to make the entire glass for the soda pop truck... they can be restored but damn, it will take a TON of work.

Back