Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Hi Praiano,

I really like your tunes, normally used as a basis to suit my driving. But I can't understand how to set the best values ​​of LSD.

You recently said that using the circuit of Indianapolis to set the LSD, could you explain how you do it?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

I´m a bit confused now.

The Legacy B4 2.0GT spec B `03 is a 4 door sedan and not a station wagon or am I wrong?

raVer

incorrect there is a saloon version of the spec.b and a station wagon version both share the exact same styling obviously the only difference is the larger rear end on the wagon version.

actually you are kind of right as the B4 is the name given to the saloon and not the touring wagon.

hear they are.
wagon http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=885
saloon http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=880

glad you got one praiano:tup:

Last edited:
Hi Praiano,

I really like your tunes, normally used as a basis to suit my driving. But I can't understand how to set the best values ​​of LSD.

You recently said that using the circuit of Indianapolis to set the LSD, could you explain how you do it?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Well , indy road is a wide track where you can spread your car with no problems ,during the test of braking, acceleration, in and out a corner low , medium, high speed corners. No bumps, so you can really feel all the reactions of your car with time to analyse it and do fine tuning.
How i do:

1- i set the initial to 12 or 14 // acceleration to 40 (stock) // decel to 15.

2-If my car spin out corner under acceleration , first i try to correct with ride height (if -10/-10 i`ll try -15/-10 for example) If ride height don`t help or if i need too much extreme difference between both height, then i low the accel from 40 few by few to minimum 18 . 18 generally resolve the worst cases. The initial also can be lowered to 8 , for problematic cars also.

3- for the decell setting ,till i don`t have stability problems when braking entring a corner , i low it to minimum 5 . You low the value few by few till you reach the point or go to minimum 5 value if ok. Your car will gain in handling and eagerness.

EDIT: the car can be unstable under brake without this problem have something to see with LSD decell. Generally due also to too soft front springs.

People talk about LSD like if it was alchemy, but this method is simple and work for most of the cars. And of course , INDYROAD is the perfect track for this.

Would love to see what u can do with the FGT

I`m working on a Formula gran turismo actually, tryng to transform it in F2007.... not easy. I think impossible, but whem i`ll be satisfy with my car i`ll publish it for shure. It`s on a good way.

incorrect there is a saloon version of the spec.b and a station wagon version both share the exact same styling obviously the only difference is the larger rear end on the wagon version.

hear they are.
wagon http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=885
saloon http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=880

glad you got one praiano:tup:

Yes my friend , "o_RED_NECK_o" sent me one, great help thanks to you redneck. The good thing is that the tune is perfect for sport soft too, and also for the 3.0 legacy ,the one with no turbo and 500pp on sport soft. Both really good cars to drive.

TOM'S X540 CHASER '00 // 566 pp // ONLINE OK

nrburgringnordschleife1el.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1sp.jpg

Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
No chassis reinforcement
ECU
Engine stage 3
Sport intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sport racing exhaust
Titanium racing exhaust
Catalytic converter sport
Turbo stage 3

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select top speed at = 380 km/h = 236 mph
3- Select final gear at 3.727 (stock)
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2.287
2: 1.615
3: 1.194
4: 0.917
5: 0.730

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 348 km/h = 216 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 667 hp
weight 1241 kg
perf. Points: 566 pp

LSD Rear 08/24/05 //// for sport tires use 08/18/05

Ride Height -30/-35

Spring Rate 15.0/11.0
Extension 9/4
Compression 8/5
Anti-roll bars 2/3
Camber 2.0/1.6
Toe 0.00/+0.12

Brake Balance 8/5

Tires: Racing tires // sport tires.

Enjoy.

hey bro, i would just like to say your one of the best tuners on these forums and i use your tunes with great success. i would like to request a tune for a car thats one of my favorites. mitsubishi galant gto mr '70. please tune online, all upgrades, racing soft tires. track doesnt matter. if you dont have one, i'll send you one. you can friend request me @ psn id. cargorat323. thanks my friend and keep up the good work.

Hi Praiano, I have a minor question perhaps I should have asked a while ago:

perhaps you can answer another question: (tuning)

I love to drive fast on the Nür ring, but sometimes the high speed will cause the car to understeer off the track, what should I adjust to make a car stick more to a mild turn, at high speed? softer or harder spring? more or less camber? lower or higher height?

it's difficult for me to choose: for example, to know the next step to get a better driving result.
thx for sharing.

Sorry, i did not see this part of your question.

For a good balance mid corner high speed corner there is 3 things.

1-like i`ve said, i don`t like too soft springs , they don`t maintain the car in high speed corner and it sweep slowly to the exterior of the turn. so harder springs. Bumps or any others traps are not good reasons for me to use soft springs.

2- The balance of the car at high speed in a corner depend of his weight repartition on the springs. Rear spring can be softer if necessary for other particularity of your tune, but the front have to be stiffer than the rear or proportionally = depending of the weight repartition. To soft front spring make your car unstable in high speed corner (snake effect) or when braking hard changing of direction at the same time.

3-You have to set your ride height at the limit of oversteer ,under brake and under acceleration out of a corner. To low ride height ,that you can use to correct an oversteer tendency, like -20/+10 for example , will increase understeer in entry or mid corner or out of a corner.

I try to set my cars at this limit, sometime it's better in some situation to be able to induce a light controled oversteer to correct a bad situation than waiting the car slamming the wall or go on grass because of excess of understeer.

Hope it help, have a good day.

I`m working on a Formula gran turismo actually, tryng to transform it in F2007.... not easy. I think impossible, but whem i`ll be satisfy with my car i`ll publish it for shure. It`s on a good way.

Cant wait to see what you do with the Formula gt. I have this and I have the F2007. Cant say with I like more..

I didnt want to tune it myself because I dont think I can make it any better than it is already. Still I cant wait..

I have got a request too if you dont mind having a play after you have tuned GT.. I recently found the Mazda Furai concept and I love it, would you have the time to play with this and make it even better?? Its a BMW killer

hey bro, i would just like to say your one of the best tuners on these forums and i use your tunes with great success. i would like to request a tune for a car thats one of my favorites. mitsubishi galant gto mr '70. please tune online, all upgrades, racing soft tires. track doesnt matter. if you dont have one, i'll send you one. you can friend request me @ psn id. cargorat323. thanks my friend and keep up the good work.

Hi, i have the GTO mr70 , on the list.....👍 i`ll do it these days.

Cant wait to see what you do with the Formula gt. I have this and I have the F2007. Cant say with I like more..

I didnt want to tune it myself because I dont think I can make it any better than it is already. Still I cant wait..

I have got a request too if you dont mind having a play after you have tuned GT.. I recently found the Mazda Furai concept and I love it, would you have the time to play with this and make it even better?? Its a BMW killer

Hi , i have it too. Mazda Furai on the tune to do list also 👍:)

GRAN TURISMO FORMULA GRAN TURISMO // ONLINE OK

Tuned with no aids ,only ABS 1.

roadcourseindy2.jpg
roadcourseindy3.jpg

1- Select default
2- Select top speed at = 420 km/h = 261 mph
3- Select final gear at 4.212 (stock)
1: 5.647
2: 3.928
3: 2.911
4: 2.289
5: 1.848
6: 1.534
7: 1.309

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 399 km/h = 248 mph

power 875 hp
weight 550 kg
perf. Points: 897 pp

LSD Rear 08/14/40

Ride Height -10/00

Spring Rate 16.5/17.0
Extension 9/2
Compression 8/3
Anti-roll bars 4/3
Camber 3.0/2.5
Toe +0.05/+0.25

Brake Balance 5/1

Tires: Racing tires .

I tune the car with racing hard tires but any softer tire is OK.

Enjoy.

MITSUBISHI GALANT GTO MR '70 // ONLINE OK

autumnringc.jpg
autumnring1d.jpg
autumnring2g.jpg
autumnring3.jpg

Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
No chassis reinforcement
Engine stage 3
ECU
Racing air filter
Sport intake manifold
Sport exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter
Titanium racing exhaust
Turbo stage 3

1- Select default
2- Select top speed at = 230 km/h = 143 mph
3- Select final gear at 4.222 (stock)
1: 2.668
2: 2.055
3: 1.623
4: 1.320
5: 1.106
6: 0.956

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 220 km/h = 137 mph

power 228 hp
weight 872 kg
perf. Points: 439 pp

LSD Rear 08/24/12

Ride Height -20/-20

Spring Rate 8.5/6.0
Extension 9/4
Compression 8/5
Anti-roll bars 2/3
Camber 2.4/2.2
Toe +0.10/-0.10

Brake Balance 6/8

Tires: Racing tires (request) but sport soft is OK , tested !!

Enjoy.

nrburgringnordschleife1el.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1sp.jpg

i like the look of this chaser praiano, ill have to give this one go.👍

i like the look of this chaser praiano, ill have to give this one go.👍

Yes my friend, it's a good car, exactly the way it look on the pics. Agressive ,good grip,steady, easy...... A standard fun car, very good to compete around the 550 pp.

Enjoy.

Just wanted to drop a line for the first time in your garage. I've used a myriad of your tunes. My garage is split between yours and RKM's tunes, and I even have duplicates for different tunes.

Last night I was racing online "for real" against some newer cars (skylines, weddsport celica, etc.) and I was in your Lancia Stratos '73. I put them to shame. Won by at least 6 seconds around Laguna Seca (3 laps), and won the next two races with different PP settings with your cars. Great work here. Keep it up!

Just wanted to drop a line for the first time in your garage. I've used a myriad of your tunes. My garage is split between yours and RKM's tunes, and I even have duplicates for different tunes.

Last night I was racing online "for real" against some newer cars (skylines, weddsport celica, etc.) and I was in your Lancia Stratos '73. I put them to shame. Won by at least 6 seconds around Laguna Seca (3 laps), and won the next two races with different PP settings with your cars. Great work here. Keep it up!

Hi, good to read this.. This is a performant car ,and more than this ,it give a lot of pleasure to drive. Like i say on the tune "one of the best driving sensation of the game". I drive it all the time around the ring, racing or alone , just target between the 2 lights when on and UP.....👍 and smile ;)

Enjoy the tunes.

Hi praiano!!
Which one do you think is faster at Suzuka, your Diablo or your Ford GT Test version?
Considering that i'm going to race a endurance, then I need to save tires :)
I have no time to test right now...:/
As you can see, I've not been here for a while, i'm completly busy ...
thanks!

Hi praiano!!
Which one do you think is faster at Suzuka, your Diablo or your Ford GT Test version?
thanks!

Hi, i can`t say it like this, i`ll do a test later at home. You have some limitations ?? tires or PP / HP....

Hi , Praiano ( Bernard from Marseille:tup: )
Plymouth XNR '1960 wAOUH this car is very magnific.
L. ce que tu fait est super.

Hi, i can`t say it like this, i`ll do a test later at home. You have some limitations ?? tires or PP / HP....

No PP limit, only 600hp.
But do it only if you don't have nothing better to do, because I should do that, not you :/
So, do it only if you have time :)

ber
Hi , Praiano ( Bernard from Marseille:tup: )
Plymouth XNR '1960 wAOUH this car is very magnific.
L. ce que tu fait est super.

Merci monsieur. This plymouth will have the place in GT6 the one of the Lambo muira in GT5..... Wait and see.
Bonne soiree.

No PP limit, only 600hp.
But do it only if you don't have nothing better to do, because I should do that, not you :/

Nothing better to do ????? THIS is the best "nothing better" thing to do !!! driving 2 fabulous cars. I want to do this. It`s not a favour it`s a pleasure.
I'll PM my first impressions later..
Have a good day.

Hi praiano!!
thanks!

Sorry i don't have the gran turismo ford gt test car, i made the tune with a borrowed car:guilty::guilty:
I thought i had the car

No PP limit, only 600hp.

Look , i`ve done the test with the Ford GT LM SPEC II with some ballast for the weight, no hotlaps but long race safe laps .

Lambo diablo 600 hp /1200 kg/aero 35/60/ Racing soft = 7 laps= 1'54"500 3 laps slower till 1'56"500 =10 laps=39 liters gas, till tires not good.

Ford GT LM SPEC 600 hp/ 1165kg/aero 50/70 // Racing soft = 7 laps 1'52"500 3 laps slower till 1'54"500 =10 laps=40 liters gas, till tires not good.

So no chance for the diablo.

Back