3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decisions, Decisions Results are posted!

Pictures and race recap video to follow soon...

Decisions, Decisions,.. Race Pics!

Good clean start 👍
3 wide into turn 1!
NrburgringGP_Fcopy.jpg

Didn't really think you could go 3 wide through the turn :lol:
NrburgringGP_F_1copy.jpg

Single file through the technical sections.
From here on, keeping CSL in the shot gets a bit difficult....
NrburgringGP_F_2copy.jpg

...but not impossible!
WRP, and Hydro made this turn clean... super tight the entire way 👍
NrburgringGP_F_3copy.jpg

Another tight, clean run through that nasty corner.
NrburgringGP_F_4copy.jpg

Lap 2... still very close for all drivers.
NrburgringGP_F_5copy.jpg

Single file into Scumacher...
NrburgringGP_F_6copy.jpg

Found CSL again!
NrburgringGP_F_7copy.jpg

Lap 5... So that's what happened. I'm guessing the RedBull is going back in time it's so fast 👍
NrburgringGP_F_9copy.jpg

Lap 10... WRP starts his epic comeback!
NrburgringGP_F_10copy.jpg

Lap 11... A couple of position changes later.. I couldn't believe that 4 of you were this close after 11 laps on this track :sly:
NrburgringGP_F_11copy.jpg

Lap 14... 1 lap after CSL's pit stop. CSL on cold tires, Hydro desperately trying to pass after following bumper-to-bumper for a lap, but CSL wasn't having any of it.
By the end of lap 18 CSL had pulled out to a 5+ second lead. Hydro took a penalty just before going into his final Pit stop, and never saw CSL again until it was time for the Champagne :(
NrburgringGP_F_12copy.jpg

Lap 16...The gaps between all drivers had opened up quite a bit at this point, but still remarkably close.
NrburgringGP_F_13copy.jpg

Pole Position, Best Lap (1'57.099), Overall Winner (50'11.412), and the only Driver to go with a 1 stop strategy: GTP_CSL :gtpflag:
NrburgringGP_F2copy.jpg

Congratulations Dominic!
Great Race again this week everyone!

PS: Oh what I would do for a replay rewind button, but that's a topic for another thread....

Last edited:
Video highlights coming tonight... this spot saved as a placeholder before we post the details for the next event below. 👍

Note: The video is highly focused on the first 5 laps... lots of action there with close racing. Unfortunately Dom isn't in too many shots because his car is jumping around so much it's disturbing to watch from his point of view. Those laps used about 10 minutes of my 15 minute youtube limit which didn't leave much time for the remaining 20 laps :lol: Also out of time myself to work on it. It's being encoded now and uploaded when that's done... but might take 4-5 hours.

Here it is, hope you enjoy. Best viewed in 720p on full screen model since I went 2x2 for much of the video. Thought it would be cool to see multiple angles of the same battles, but it really takes full screen and 720p to see the details:

EDIT: Bad encoding so 720p is not showing up on youtube. Fixed.

Last edited:
3D3_logo_40pct.gif

Presents...
Gettin' Groceries Online

AutumnRing.jpg

Disclaimer: This is *NOT* an official GTPlanet or WRS sanctioned event and members are not obligated to take part.

Event Summary

Title: Gettin' Groceries Online
Event: Online adaptation of the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 32 Event: Gettin' Groceries
Host: GTP_WRP001's Private Lounge
Time: Wednesday, September 28 at 7:00 PM PDT (GMT = Sept 29 at 2:00 AM).
Duration: Appx 75 minutes. 30 minute practice / 45 minute race (30 laps)

Driver Eligibility

Eligibility for this 3D3 event will include GTP_Registered members plus referred drivers. A registry member can make a referral for this event by simply including other drivers PSN IDs with their own registration request in this thread. To guarantee eligibility for all 3D3 events run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join the registry now.

Registration
  1. Reply to this thread and include in the text of the message your GTP_ PSN ID, the title of this event, "Gettin' Groceries Online", and your color choice. To sign up (refer) a driver not on the GTP_Registry, a registered driver should include the PSN ID of the non registered driver(s) in their post.
  2. Send a PSN friend request to GTP_WRP001 with subject line "3D3 Racing" if you haven't already done so. Any referred driver(s) will also need to submit a friend request.
There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers list below for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please send a PM to one of the 3D3 racing stewards or post in the thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. This particular GTP_WRS event was held in Arcade Mode therefore the car used for the online race is from the "Recommended Garage" section. You cannot use and do not need this car in your personal garage. Tuning will not be a factor in this event except for "In Event Tuning" for ABS, Brake Balance, etc.

Event Timing

• Practice: September 28th 7:00 PM PDT (30 minute session)
  • Race Start: September 28th 7:30 PM PDT
  • Race End: After 30 laps. Target race duration of approximately 45 minutes.

Lounge Settings

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Turned off to save bandwidth for the race. If you have a chatpad or keyboard, use it

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Autumn Ring Reverse
  • Car: Volvo C30 R Design '09 (from the recommended garage)
  • Tires: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 30
  • Start Type: Rolling Start (see details below)
  • Grid Order: Slowest First (based on WRS event results, or private submission to Gravitron, in case you didn't submit this week)
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: Weak (to penalize cutting corners on this track)
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Low
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On [be aware of cold tires at start or first lap out of pits]
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: Select From Garage, Recommended Garage, Volvo C30 R Design '09
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: NA
  • Weight: NA
  • Tire Restrictions: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • TCS | Driving Line | ASM |: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specific all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

If for some reason you are unable to finish the race and need to stop:
  • Pull the car over off the track next to a wall and as far from the driving line as possible
  • Press the E-Brake
  • Then press Start
  • This will ghost your car and it won't allow it to interfere with the other drivers.

Overall winner and top driver from each division will be sent a prize (prize will be announced at race time).

Good Luck,

3D3 Racing
:
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Hydro
GTP_Gravitron​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Rolling Start Directions for the Gettin' Groceries Event ***

For this event, the race will feature a rolling start instead of the standard Grid start. This is for fun, so let's see how it works. :)

We will also be determining individual start positions by the WRS rankings for this event, in reverse order.
The slowest WRS time will be the first position. The fastest, the last position.
Drivers that do not submit a time for the WRS will be placed according to the best lap time that they submit via PM to Gravitron by Wed Sept 28 00:00 PDT.
Please be sure that you have followed the normal WRS procedure for submitting a lap should you submit via PM to Gravitron (clean lap, proper time, proper tires).
Drivers that do not submit a lap time to either the WRS, or Gravitron will be placed at the back of the start order.
Last minute entries will also be placed at the back of the field.

A complete starting lineup will be posted in the event post on the day of the race.
Please make sure to check the thread that day so that you are aware of your position, and who is directly in front of you.

At 7 PM PDT (10 PM EDT) WRP001's private lounge will be open for warmup laps. The room may be opened earlier, please check the thread for updates regarding the opening of the room.
The room will not be reset at 7:00 for qualifying purposes, as there is no need to qualify. Drivers may run as many warm up laps as they wish.

At 7:30 the room will be reset to clear the warm up leaderboard.
All drivers must remain in their Pit while WRP001 organizes the driver rollout. No driver shall leave the Pit until they are individually instructed to do so.
Drivers will already know their positions, but must wait until they are called to exit the pit.
If a driver accidentally leaves the Pit early, they should immediately pull over to the right side of the track following the Pit exit, and wait for instructions from WRP001. Do not proceed from that spot until you are instructed to do so.

The first driver out of the pit will proceed to this point on the track (the T1 split marker) and wait for the other drivers to line up behind him:

AutumnRing_2.jpg
AutumnRing_3.jpg

The remaining drivers will line up in order, single file, leaving enough space between themselves and the driver in front to ensure that there in no chance of contact.

When all of the drivers are in their proper positions, WRP001 will inform the drivers that the order is set, and that the race ready to start.
WRP001 will then start the race. Drivers should not move from their positions while the countdown is running.

This rollout from the pit will ensure the proper starting order, and should only take 3-4 minutes to set up.

When the drivers are placed on the starting grid, the race countdown will start as per usual.
The Race will not start when the countdown ends, instead, the lead driver will start off on a formation lap.

All drivers must wait until the car in front of them has advanced enough that it is safe for them to follow.
Passing on the Formation Lap is strictly forbidden.

The lead driver will continue around the track in 2nd gear in order to maintain a predictable pace. All following drivers are expected to do the same, but can shift to third if they need to catch up a little.

When the lead driver completes the final turn, and starts down the start / finish straight, he is to maintain his speed until the start Marshall clears him to accelerate.
The start Marshall will give the lead driver a verbal signal once his car (the last in the order) clears the final corner, and is inline with the other drivers.
All other drivers must follow the car in front of them, in a single file, maintaining their speed, and order until the race officially starts.

AutumnRing-1.jpg

The lead driver may then accelerate to race speed.
There is no passing whatsoever until the lead car has crossed the Start / Finish line, and the race has officially started.

AutumnRing_1.jpg

Jumping the start, leaving room to accelerate in a slingshot fashion, or any other pre-start technique(s) are strictly forbidden.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DriverRegistration.jpg

1. GTP_MilleRSVR, Division 4, Passion Red, 1'31.184
  2. GTP_EDK, Division 2, Brilliant Blue Pearl, 1'30.300
  3. GTP_LeftyWright, Division 3, Ice White, 1'30.278
  4. GTP_WRP001, Division 3, Black Saphire Metallic, 1'30.199
  5. GTP_Hydro, Division 3, Passion Red, 1'30.008 (unofficial PM submission)
  6. GTP_Gravitron, Division 3, Brilliant Blue Pearl, 1'29.979
  7. GTPcats_pajamas, Division 2, Electric Silver Metallic, 1'29.871
  8. GTP_T13R, Division 2, Ice White, 1'29.794
  9. GTP_MadMax86, Division 2, Passion Red, 1'29.544

RaceResults.jpg

3D3_20110928_Event3_Results-1.jpg

RaceHighlights.jpg

Host WRP001's post-race writeup 👍 and his analysis of lap leaders and pit strategies

Awesome job on the video, Tim! 👍

PICS post

Last edited:
FYI:
We are going to post the Rolling start and Grid Details for the Gettin' Groceries event before the weekend.
This track / combo should make for an exciting start, and a lot of really close racing / passing.

Lefty should be happy with all the Red text 👍

I know I am :D

Last edited:
Super job on the pics and tags, Hydro! 👍
Replay functions are my #1 hope for future patches. :crazy:

Super job on the pics and tags, Hydro! 👍
Replay functions are my #1 hope for future patches. :crazy:

Couldn't agree more about the pics and tags 👍 👍 they are awesome and they tell the "story" of the race better than the video will this week... but the video will show some really cool close racing action.

There are a few passes, in hindsight, I really wish I could have caught, but without rewind it can be a 30+ minute investment of time just to get back to the spot again. 🤬 Focusing on the first 4-5 laps really helps if you want multiple views.

T-181 minutes as it's being uploaded to youtube now. UPDATE: 🤬 upload to youtube failed... going to start it all over. Another 3 hours of my bandwidth being tied up.

PS> You should post the thumbnail versions of your pics right in the highlights section of the event thread. The OP will have links to each individual event post and those posts can be one stop shops for details, results and vid/pic highlights once the week is over.

Last edited:
PS> You should post the thumbnail versions of your pics right in the highlights section of the event thread. The OP will have links to each individual event post and those posts can be one stop shops for details, results and vid/pic highlights once the week is over.
Thanks guys 👍
I'll get them up as soon as photobucket decides it wants to play nice :)
Looks like they are updating the site, and it's (lack of) functionality is driving me nuts.

I really want to see the Video!

WRP001
There are a few passes, in hindsight, I really wish I could have caught, but without rewind it can be a 30+ minute investment of time just to get back to the spot again. 🤬 Focusing on the first 4-5 laps really helps if you want multiple views.

I almost gave up with the pics this week when I hit exit accidentally following my final pit stop, which I did twice :dunce:

The tags on the stills and the scene calls for the shot work well to recap the event. 👍

Lefty should be happy with all the Red text 👍

Uber Cool, this will be a total riot, I hope I can stop my self from laughing the whole time because this is a drafters dream and I will be having a blast running flat out. 👍

Last edited:
I used the live leader board video above to analyze this section of the race and our individual battle:

Lap..MilleRSVR..WRP001
#16..2'02.400...2'03.415
#17..2'01.160...2'26.137
#18..2'04.169...1'58.509
#19..2'27.080...1'57.717

Green = in lap, Red = out lap

I shaved 0.7 on my "in lap" compared to yours. And then the 1'58.5 after my fresh tires got warm versus your 2'01.1 on warn tires. The 1'57.7 following helped me build the gap because you were gaining on me the final couple laps as I was on 9 lap tires and you were on 7 lap tires. If you had managed to catch my draft it would have been lights out.

Great recap Tim, my only hope was to stay in front of you after the final stops.
I couldn't match your best lap times, but this track is tough to pass on. After you passed me exiting the pits you pulled away rather quickly.

Next weeks race will be a challenge for me. I'm terrible with FF cars on a tight track like that. I'll be there anyway giving it my best.

Nice pics Marc and interesting video Tim! Looking forward to next week.

Last night I was sorta kicking out my gf to do the race, then when I saw I was getting an update and would likely miss the race, I asked her to stay and that's why even though I would have made it in time, I decided to let it be.

Was frustrating in the end as I spent a couple of hours on Monday preparing. I had managed a 1'56.0 in offline mode so I was psyched for the race. I think online is slower than offline though?

Anyhow, gonna get cracking on this weeks WRS.

Nice pics Marc and interesting video Tim! Looking forward to next week.

Last night I was sorta kicking out my gf to do the race, then when I saw I was getting an update and would likely miss the race, I asked her to stay and that's why even though I would have made it in time, I decided to let it be.

Was frustrating in the end as I spent a couple of hours on Monday preparing. I had managed a 1'56.0 in offline mode so I was psyched for the race. I think online is slower than offline though?

Anyhow, gonna get cracking on this weeks WRS.

Sorry we missed you T13R... would have enjoyed having you on grid and that offline time would definitely have transferred to a very competitive online time... maybe +1 sec, but that's the best we were running all night as you can see from the results. Only issue may have been the setup for online can be quite different.... especially ride height settings.

I swear I love that event so much I want to do it again :lol:

EDIT: Posted the video highlights above.

Lucas, you are handling the official sign ups for "Gettin' Groceries Online" right? You pretty much have to since you're the only one that can edit the current event post.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think both GTP_MilleRSVR and GTP_LeftyWright implied they are going to run next week. Guys, make sure if you want to participate (which we hope you do) that you post your registration officially here in the thread so we can add you to the list. There is a fresh round of sign ups every week the day after the previous round's race.

I'm now officially signing up GTP_SCBuilder for the event. 👍

I'm going to do a quick online test of the combo to see how the tires hold up and how the car drives online. Report back later.

EDIT: Dom, your prize for the win last night is on the way via PSN. Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07 in Saharasilber Metallic (closest thing I could find to gold). :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and videos guys, those are great! I am most certainly going to be down for the next one!

Thanks for the pics and videos guys, those are great! I am most certainly going to be down for the next one!

Cool!

I tested the event online for a few laps and on fresh warm tires it feels *exactly* like in arcade mode so all the techniques we learn in the WRS event should translate nicely. Times are pretty spot on although I'm not consistent enough yet to have an exact gauge.

After 5 laps the tires were still fast, but the fronts were wearing out a little on the gauges (although I didn't notice any reduced grip yet). I'm guessing 10+ laps is possible on tires and maybe more if you drive smooth... Will do more testing tomorrow.

Lucas, you are handling the official sign ups for "Gettin' Groceries Online" right? You pretty much have to since you're the only one that can edit the current event post.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think both GTP_MilleRSVR and GTP_LeftyWright implied they are going to run next week. Guys, make sure if you want to participate (which we hope you do) that you post your registration officially here in the thread so we can add you to the list. There is a fresh round of sign ups every week the day after the previous round's race.

I'm going to do a quick online test of the combo to see how the tires hold up and how the car drives online. Report back later.

EDIT: Dom, your prize for the win last night is on the way via PSN. Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07 in Saharasilber Metallic (closest thing I could find to gold). :cheers:

Yes, I am, will go add folks now.

Thanks for doing that testing (and for not jumping TOO far above me on the LB :sly:)! I would have loved to do it, but was stuck doing house projects, so settled for running some of your Bobs in Remote Race. 👍

Gravitron
...settled for running some of your Bobs in Remote Race. 👍
I ran your bobs a few times and they always destroy mine... I was letting my bobs' confidence recover before attempting a rematch. Be gentle with them :lol:

Thanks, didn't know prizes were involved. :D

So far haven't gotten more than a session on the current WRS, but count me in for next week too, hoping to get at least one or two more runs in.

Audi DTM car we ran yesterday that waffles wanted, but couldn't buy, showed up in the new OCD tonight. Might want to pick it up in case we ever do a rematch. it's a sweet car and fun to drive. May pick up a second myself so I can experiment with chassis reinforcement.

I'm not sure if I'll run next week guys. This car and track combo doesn't suit me well.

If the grid gets full and someone needs a spot, I'll drop out and let them race.

Great video Tim from the "Ring". 👍

I'm not sure if I'll run next week guys. This car and track combo doesn't suit me well.

If the grid gets full and someone needs a spot, I'll drop out and let them race.

Great video Tim from the "Ring". 👍

Blair, there's no way we're filling the grid so I hope you can run the event.

I think it will be as good as the TMR event after running it online for a few laps. However, it's a hard mental transition to make from DTM cars @ GP/F. Doesn't feel the same and I like real race cars better now, but the more I run the combo offline the more I'm liking it. In all honesty, if we weren't running this event in 3D3 next week I probably wouldn't have bothered to run WRS this week at all, but I'm glad I did as it's growing on me.

The thing with our event versus the WRS event is you don't necessarily need that extra 0.25 per lap to do well... rather just substitute consistency. You can manage tires a bit more instead and use draft and consistency to make it up.

Let us know if you have any trouble spots on the track and maybe we can help out. Or you can come to a practice session and follow our lines. I found last night that testing online and just doing laps without watching every split helped me get in the flow of the track.

On the video... something went wrong with encoding or upload because youtube doesn't seem to be offering a 720p version which it should and it's a lot better in 720p. I may try to re-encode it tonight and upload over night.

Added Lefty, CSL, Waffles, MilleRSVR, and SCBuilder for next week. 👍
C'mon, Blair, you know you want to. :sly:

Watched the GP/F race in full screen in 320 mode, and sure it'd be better in 720, but man, still a great watch! 👍 Nice job guys, and thanks Tim for making it! :cheers:

I'm going to open my lounge tonight for "Gettin' Groceries Online" practice/testing. It's an open session so come and go as you please between the hours of 6:00PM PDT and 9:30PM PDT.

Practice Session Details

Format: Open (come and go as you please)
Mode: Free Run + Short Race Tests (5-6 laps after 8:00 PM)
Event: Gettin' Groceries Online
Time: 6:00PM PDT to 9:30PM PDT

Note: I will be listed as in the lounge, but won't actually be at my PS3 until around 7:45 PM PDT, but wanted to setup the room early and make it available so people on the east coast have a place to come and work on some group testing. Jump on anytime you feel like it. Mics will be enabled so you can use it to test your mic setup if you haven't gotten that to work yet.

The lounge will be fixed to "free run / practice" until at least 8:00 PM. After that I'm open to starting a few 5-6 lap test races to experiment with drafting, etc. if others are interested. I'll just coordinate with whoever is in the room at the time. If you join the room after 8:00 and a race is underway please know we'll keep the test races short so you won't have to wait more than 10 minutes to join the track. If nobody is in the room at 9:00 PM PDT I'll probably shut it down and go work on the offline event myself (unless someone posts here that they are going to join between 9:00 and 9:30).

I'll have the room setup exactly like the event meaning it will only allow the Volvo C30 R-Design '09 from the recommended garage. When you pop in the lounge the car should be provided for you automatically. If not, click on the garage and go to the "Recommended" tab. There should be only one car available and all you can do is pick the color. Remember you can change BB using the "in event" tuning function once you are on track.

Important: The lounge will be setup to allow Sports:Medium (S2) tires, but the default on the car is Comfort:Soft, so remember to make that change to S2 tires manually when you enter the lounge or get the car from the garage. Same will apply for the race next week. I made that mistake at first last night during testing and I was thinking we were in trouble, but as soon as I changed to S2 tires it was spot on 👍

As I said before, the online physics using the car from the recommended garage are *very* close to offline (if not identical excluding tire wear) so you can also touch up your lines for the WRS event at the same time as testing tire wear and working on pit strategy.

Hopefully see some of you tonight.

Last edited:
Put me down for "Passion Red" Lucas 👍
Keeps the car in the soccer mom category where it belongs :lol:

Note: in the Gettin' Groceries Online link above in Tim's post, the top TBD section now instructs you to let me know your color choice, so I can add it to the driver registration info.

Only 5 choices so we'll have some dups.

EDIT: Got it, Marc. 👍 Don't forget to drop the kids off BEFORE the race. :lol:

I'll take the white or black car, the fastest qualifyer should get his own color like red :) like the yellow jersey in the Tour de France. 👍

Re-encoded and uploaded the "Decisions, Decisions Online" highlights video so it now shows 720p format. 👍

Also (by popular request) I added the leaderboard livestats video for the Mountaineering Online event. Found a couple more tricks like overlaying the course map with the grid.

Marc... I analyzed this replay looking around the pit stops and it's really strange how I lost 9 seconds to you. Can't quite figure it out, but based on my experience the other night with Lefty I think the pits are inconsistent between drivers. Either depending on where your pit is situated or maybe the speed at which you enter the threshold of pit lane... or just the speed of the pit stop itself... Here are the relevant laps. Green = In Lap, Red = Out Lap:

Gap Before Pit Cycle (End of Lap 13): WRP +00.852

Lap..Hydro......WRP001
13...1'47.453...1'47.184
14...1'49.118...1'47.902
15...2'14.722...1'49.167
16...1'46.826...2'15.808
17...1'47.500...1'57.566
18...1'46.400...1'46.506

Gap After Pit Cycle (End of Lap 17): Hydro +11.416

My pit stall was actually before the start line in this case so my "in" lap was much slower than my "out" lap, but that should have evened out. I can't really explain while the total time in pit laps was ~9 seconds slower. There was no incident on track or traffic to account for it. About 3 of the 12 seconds of the gap change was due to tires as your 2 laps after pits with fresh rubber were understandably faster than my 2 laps before my pit with worn rubber... that's 3 second difference is how it should work and I had an advantage late in the race that made up for it plus some. But the 9 secs is something to investigate and test.

I wonder if GT5 doesn't regulate speed correctly from the pit entry to your stall, but does regulate it from your stall to the exit? Maybe it depends on the speed in which you enter? The same issue, but not to that extent occurred at GP/F when I was following Lefty. I went in maybe 15 car lengths behind Lefty and came out 2 car lengths behind (and I had the 2nd closest pit stall to exit at GP/F). I qualified on pole for TMR, but since it was reverse direction the #1 pit put me closest to entry. You were at the other end of pit lane near the exit like I was at GP/F.

If I had to guess I'm going with the bold part.

Last edited:
What a crack up watching the little specs on the track fly around at the speed of Crank :lol:

Great job on the 4 plex video also verry cool 👍

I had that issue at Trial Mountain a few weeks ago in the Z06 RM series, it's either a pit-lane penalty (without telling you), a TM track glitch, and/or is fixed by rapidly pushing the x button right as they stop changing your tires and you "should" be free to go.
In my case I noticed not only them waiting after the car set down, but a fast driver 2-3 seconds behind me exited the pits 4 seconds in front of me! :banghead:

I qualified last that race, may have a part in it, in any case, pressing x a bunch never hurts.👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back