GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
United Kingdom
UK
Message from the Staff:
TB
Any posts regarding the number of people in this thread will be deleted as they are completely without merit.

Also, continued posting of the download percentage and/or time remaining is not necessary.

Hot off Yamauchi's twitter.

GT fans, thanks for waiting… The GT5 Spec 2.0 update is coming the 3rd week of October, with DLC following a week later.

https://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/118978238050603008

Update:

Details...

Spec II to be a free update. Releasing between 9th and 15th October. (Thanks to Shirakawa Akira for translation)

1. Simplified interior view added to all standard cars. 2. User control of the weather change feature.

3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings...

4. Spec 2.0 Opening movie 5. Improved UI response and usability 6. Replay front forward/rewind

7. Mid-race save feature for endurance races. / 8. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)...

9. Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.)

10. Expanded Photo travel features / You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar...

11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel / 12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...

13. Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport, / 14. Improved physics and AI...

15. Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.

Tweets can be found in Yamauchi's timeline...

https://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi

Last edited by a moderator:
Third week of October? Seriously?

That's absolutely great (if true), but it's all a bit too late for me as I'll be occupied with a certain other game and F1 '11.

Yyyyeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for those classic GT tracks spotted so long ago on the website for "spec 2.0" and premium cars for the DLC... Unfortunately, this will be me for the next month...

[YouTube]v=UnPZRRT-ZGw[/YouTube]

Ps. Who says you can't embed YouTube vids from the iPod app ;)

Last edited:
Damn just as I gave up GT (I love the game dont get me wrong) after a year of playing and bought a xbox with forza 3 to get ready for Forza 4 :P

Good thing I have both consoles

Really hope it's new cars for the DLC, happy to pay for DLC so long as it's worth paying for. 👍

Hopefully if they use common sense, they will revise arcade mode so you can drive all cars in stock form for leaderboard purposes. Better replay features would be good. It will be good if they improve the physics slightly and add support for wheels such as the G27 fully. They should add a 30FPS mode for people who want better graphics and 3D trees. Switchable graphics a bit like PC.

Pikes Peak for DLC tracks will be likely and hopefully tracks like Spa and old GT tracks missing will be added. Cars might include the likes of HSV-010 GT .

I'm hoping for a big update to the game as really the game part does not take that long to make in comparison to other parts. I think PD ran out of time just making the base components so this should hopefully be a good expansion.

Hopefully if they use common sense, they will revise arcade mode so you can drive all cars in stock form for leaderboard purposes. Better replay features would be good. It will be good if they improve the physics slightly and add support for wheels such as the G27 fully. They should add a 30FPS mode for people who want better graphics and 3D trees. Switchable graphics a bit like PC.

Pikes Peak for DLC tracks will be likely and hopefully tracks like Spa and old GT tracks missing will be added. Cars might include the likes of HSV-010 GT .

I'm hoping for a big update to the game as really the game part does not take that long to make in comparison to other parts. I think PD ran out of time just making the base components so this should hopefully be a good expansion.

I really want this update to be big improvement because its been too long.

I have to say that I'm not very excited at the perspective of potentially having to pay for new tracks.
I hope pricing won't get ridiculous (for example all DLC together "worth" more than the game at launch).

I really want this update to be big improvement because its been too long.
I hope so too and logic suggests it should be if I go by the nature of game developing. That is if PD have not switched resources to GT6 yet fully. In-race saves should help me finally complete the game so I'm looking forward to that the most. Hopefully for the race admins for the WRS, they get their request.

I have to say that I'm not very excited at the perspective of potentially having to pay for new tracks.
I hope pricing won't get ridiculous (for example all DLC together "worth" more than the game at launch).
I will get it if it is reasonably priced. Kaz probably would have given it away for free but Sony must remind him that he is running a business :sly:. The spec updates in GT5P had free content added which was good. I think PD were thinking about giving the game away for free as well back then.

Anyway beats paying for content that should really have been included in the game that other game developers do. Content PD will be providing will most likely be the latest stuff they have.

I hope so too and logic suggests it should be if I go by the nature of game developing. That is if PD have not switched resources to GT6 yet fully. In-race saves should help me finally complete the game so I'm looking forward to that the most. Hopefully for the race admins for the WRS, they get their request.

I think if that update was idiot , well , i got feelings that gt fans will drop it and buy forza what ever other game before few months i was planning for that . but lets just wait i'm not loosing anything

Would you rather face the prospect of no new tracks at all, then? ;)

👍 I agree, that would be great.

I expect a massive overhaul of the both A/B-Spec modes, new tracks, new vehicles and new functionalities.

This is not an ordinary update, Yamauchi himself said it is "Spec 2.0" update.

It will be glorious.

All I want....

New Race Mod cars:
Aston Martin DB9 ----> DBR9 GT1
Ferrari F430 ----> F430 GT2
Ferrari F458 ----> F458 GTE
Ferrari F40 ----> F40 GTE
McLaren F1 ----> '95/96 style F1 GTR
Lotus Esprit ----> '96 V8 GT1
Lamborghini Murcielago SV ----> R-SV GT1
Lamborghini Gallardo ----> LP600 GT3
Jaguar XKR ----> XKRR GTE
BMW M3 ----> M3 GTE
Audi R8 5.2 ----> R8 LMS
McLaren MP4-12C ----> MP4-12C GT3
Ford GT ----> Matech GT GT1
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG ----> SLS GT3
Nissan GTR R35 ----> GTR GT1

Tracks:
Bathurst
Spa

If Spec 2 just covers the above and includes features already asked for (livery editor, improvement of features, mid race saves, etc) then I'll be happy.

I think if that update was idiot , well , i got feelings that gt fans will drop it and buy forza what ever other game before few months i was planning for that . but lets just wait i'm not loosing anything
People who did not like the game would have already dropped / stopped playing it long time ago. The update can just increase the time people who enjoy the game stay playing it. I won't drop it for it getting better than its current state.
Would you rather face the prospect of no new tracks at all, then? ;)
That is an interesting question, but I would not mind no DLC depending on plans for GT6. Soon as we are getting DLC, it will be interesting to see how much extra content will be made available to buy. Might make GT6 if it is released on PS3 have not much extra content than GT5.
I expect a massive overhaul of the both A/B-Spec modes, new tracks, new vehicles and new functionalities.

This is not an ordinary update, Yamauchi himself said it is "Spec 2.0" update.

It will be glorious.
I'm expecting the same although overhaul of A Spec and B Spec I'm not that sure on. Maybe extra special events and such and overhaul of arcade mode and online. I wonder if they include stunt arenas and also a free roam mode that I heard Kaz said he was interested in doing but that probably is for future games.

Back