3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up splitting the field into two rooms to try our best to get everyone a race given the network issues and the fact certain drivers just couldn't exist with others. Even then Kevin (EDK) got bumped once we got on the grid. Sorry about that Kevin and hope we can fix that. I think the servers/network had a bad night to be sure. Everyone else manages to get a race in. I think in the future we'll stick to one grid and just try to debug issues before. Anyone who had problems will be asked to join a couple tests to see if we can figure something out besides the few minutes before a scheduled race.
You'll have to let me know what you're thinking on that, because I really don't have much wiggle room in the timeline. IIRC, I was first signed in at 6:45 tonight, which was 30 minutes before scheduled race start.

EDK
You'll have to let me know what you're thinking on that, because I really don't have much wiggle room in the timeline. IIRC, I was first signed in at 6:45 tonight, which was 30 minutes before scheduled race start.

We are just thinking a meeting of the drivers with connection issues at some point this week (before the next race) will be enough to see if there is a solution.
Most of the driver / router info is already in the thread, so I'll go over it all again, and see if I missed something.

We can try a few work arounds in our lobbies, and even try a public room to see if that helps.

Hopefully it will only take about 10-15 minutes.
We'll PM the affected drivers and see if we can find a time to do it 👍

Even if we only get a few drivers to test, it might shed some light on the problem, and hopefully lead to a fix.
It's so weird that this never effects the EU race.

These races are so much fun, It's a shame we had these issues tonight.
I'll take two ghost drivers over a disconnect anyday.

Thanks for coming out everyone, see you all on the track in a week :gtpflag:

Edit - I'm such a noob, I had to google "IIRC" :D

Last edited:
Results from the two NA events:

3D3_20111019_Event6_Results_NA1-1.png

WedsForestNA-pt2-Hydro.jpg

Congrats Tim and Marc! Great wins!

Tim, by the time I was able to pass cats_pyjamas, I had already lost your slipstream. And from the previous race I knew you don't make any mistakes. So on lap 15 I decided I'm gonna do a one stopper and try and hold you off, but in the end you were just too fast 👍.

In the Daytona NA race we were fighting it out on the last lap too! I got to watch out for you next time :sly:

It was a lot easier starting on pole especially with the formation lap and rolling start. I figured you guys would battle a little for 2nd and it was my hope to push as hard as I dared on cold tires to try and keep either of you from my slipstream. When I'm not on pole I tend to tip toe a little too much in the first corner and I have to learn how to start better mid pack, but from the front it's a lot simpler.

I made only one mistake the entire race. When I finally caught you at lap 41-42 I started to spin in T2 and just managed to right the car before hitting the inside wall. My tires were fresh at that point relative to yours that I was 1.5-2.0 seconds faster per lap, but when I caught you it still wasn't easy to pass you. Finally when I got a 2nd chance at you I was taking no prisoners and kind of bulled my way through on the outside of turn 1. It was clean I think, but it wasn't delicate, but you weren't giving up the inside that's for sure. :sly: I'll have to capture the save and the pass on a highlights video. I hope they appear as good on screen as in my imagination. :lol:

All I have to say is you made the 90 laps of racing today intense and enjoyable. Both races between us were completely different and equally interesting, but I prefer the NA result.

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping it's a difficult Decision, but I also know I'm wrong :dopey:

Supraman would be pretty cool. You could get lapierre to represent...

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/GTP_Vagabond/

They said Chris finished 7th in D1, which leaves - 19, 22, 26.
Night Rider (Ford GT at SSR5 :) )
Asparadrink at Fuji
Gullwing Mercedes at Nurburgring, I assume in the rain.

Congrats to Marc and Tim on the home field wins. :cheers: Nice job guys.

Damn you and your crystal ball full of facts I had refused to look in! :crazy:

Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be one of the ones I mentioned. Just projecting.

How nutty would Night Rider be? Hint: Squirrel stool might be involved!

Asparawhat?!...AsparI'm in ;)

I'm in as well. :D

Wait, 🤬, I got booted out. :ouch:

Seriously, I'm in as long as we can sort out the connection stuff. 👍

Last edited:
2 NA races? Oh I see, you did that so MadMax couldn't run in *every* race ever. ;)

Congratulations to all 3 winners, markyboy, WRP001 and Hydro. I guess those practice sessions really worked out Marc, that's a smoking best lap. Here I thought you said you would be happy to get into the 13's. :D

Fuji for next race... I'm already scared. I remember it being very hard to be consistent, lots of oversteer and slippery turns.

I'm in for next race. Love the Asparadrink and I've done much testing with that car online. I hope I can do this with a wheel... :sly:
But else it will have to be the DS3.

2 NA races? Oh I see, you did that so MadMax couldn't run in *every* race ever. ;)

Congratulations to all 3 winners, markyboy, WRP001 and Hydro. I guess those practice sessions really worked out Marc, that's a smoking best lap. Here I thought you said you would be happy to get into the 13's. :D

Fuji for next race... I'm already scared. I remember it being very hard to be consistent, lots of oversteer and slippery turns.

Certain drivers would join the room and immediately other drivers would get kicked so this is what we came up with at the last minute. I hosted a race and Hydro hosted a race and we guessed who was kicking who... We managed to guess right except EDK got DC'd. Turns out he got DC'd in his own lounge last night by himself so not sure there was anything we can do.

Max comment is funny. We love it that he participates and he's a great driver. Keep it up Max. But nobody has the honor of attending every race. Hydro missed one NA event when his power went out and I missed the first EU event because I had exactly 2 minutes notice it was even taking place. :lol:

Fuji F is everything people love and hate about a track. I personally choose to love the parts I hate. In the "F" configuration it's one of my top 4 tracks in the game for sure and I lobbied hard for the other stewards to vote for it... but it didn't take too much lobbying. I was away during the WRS week this past summer and this is my make up week. I have a lot of catching up to do with the car as I've driven it a total of 5-10 laps ever.

Here's the livestats video for the NA event hosted in my lounge last night (NA1):

Gooners went for a 1 stop strategy and I stuck to a 2 stop. It was a fun rematch from the EU race where we had the same 2 pit strategy. I'm pretty sure this proves a 2 stopper is better given gooners and I were within 2 seconds over 45 laps at EU. Once I got ahead I new he couldn't match my tires and I backed down at least a second a lap so as not to take any risks. Markyboy won the first race because he's so darn fast, but I'd be willing to bet he could get a faster overall time with 2 stops. Of course every extra stop risks one of PD's wacky long pit stops so that's a factor in favor of fewer stops every week.

Here's a look at our pitstops and time lost while in pits:

WedsForestGoonersWRPPits.png

The pit work actually happened on the out lap as both our pits were past the start/finish line. I lost less time in both stops, but I think that was due to the differential of the in-lap more than anything else. My tires were on 15 or 16 laps when I pitted and yours were on 23 laps thus your in lap was slower. In the laps just prior to your pit I was making up 3-4 seconds per lap as I dropped the gap from 23.1 seconds to 10.8 seconds over 4-5 laps. With that kind of time differential I think 2 stops has got to be faster.

Last edited:
I love the RX @ Fuji :) great call 👍 I'm in. It's the WRS Prolog quali on steroids ......... cool... dueling vacume cleanerzzz. Imagine these cars at Spa....... Hummm

Dom is a true psychic! :eek: And no, we're not turning this into a GT300 series, but they are just sooooo fun! 👍

Note the start order will be based on a short period of quali laps prior to race start, but will most likely shuffle us randomly. :odd:
-------------------------------------------------------------
3D3_logo_40pct.gif

Presents...
AsaparaWhat? Online

FujiSpeedwayF.jpg

Disclaimer: This is *NOT* an official GTPlanet or WRS sanctioned event and members are not obligated to take part.

Event Summary

Title: AsaparaWhat? Online
Event: Online adaptation of the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 Event: AsaparaWhat?
Date: Wednesday October 26

North American Race
  • Practice: 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Oct 20 @ 1:00 AM)
  • Qualification: 7:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Oct 20 @ 2:00 AM)
  • Race Start: 7:15 PM Pacific / 10:15 PM Eastern / (GMT = Oct 20 @ 2:15 AM)
  • Race End: After 40 laps. ~60 minutes.
European Race
  • Practice: 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM GMT
  • Qualification: 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM GMT
  • Race Start: 12:15 PM Pacific / 3:15 PM Eastern / 7:15 PM GMT
  • Race End: After 40 laps. ~60 minutes.

Driver's Meeting/Notes links:

Eligibility for this 3D3 event will include GTP_Registered members plus referred drivers. A registry member can make a referral for this event by simply including other drivers PSN IDs with their own registration request in this thread. To guarantee eligibility for all 3D3 events run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join the registry now!

Registration
  1. Reply to this thread and include in the text of the message your GTP_ PSN ID, the title of this event and which event (EU, NA or Both). To sign up (refer) a driver not on the GTP_Registry, a registered driver should include the PSN ID of the non registered driver(s) in their post.
  2. Send a PSN friend request to GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro with subject line "3D3 Racing" if you haven't already done so. Any referred driver(s) will also need to submit a friend request.
There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers list below for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please send a PM to one of the 3D3 racing stewards or post in the thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver.

Lounge Settings
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard. Race stewards will be mic'd for the event. If you have mic or keyboard you can use it.
Track/Car
  • Track: Fuji Speedway F
  • Car: Premium > RE Amemiya > Asparadrink RX-7 '06
Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 369 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Tuning) - goes up to 399 with engine break In.
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo and Supercharger: Not Allowed
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Weight: 1100 KG MIN (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional).
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 40
  • Start Type: Grid start
  • Grid Order: Based on qualifying laps, but most likely random :) Link to quali explanation
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On [be aware of cold tires at start or first lap out of pits]
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).
Regulation Settings
  • Car Restriction: Unrestricted (see vehicle specifics listed above)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 369 HP new, 399 HP MAX
  • Weight: 1100 KG MIN
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • AS | ASM | Driving Line | TCS: Optional
Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specific all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • Please read, and familiarize yourself with the track boundary guidelines specified in the original WRS event.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.
If for some reason you are unable to finish the race and need to stop:
  • Pull the car over off the track next to a wall and as far from the driving line as possible
  • Press the E-Brake
  • Then press Start
  • This will ghost your car and it won't allow it to interfere with the other drivers.
Overall winner will be sent a prize (to be announced at race time).

Good Luck,

3D3 Racing
:
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Hydro
GTP_Gravitron​

DriverRegistration.jpg

First names listed, where we've been given permission

NA Drivers Grid
  1. ca.gif
    GTP_Worst_Driver .
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Yannik
  2. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dominic
  3. Wales.png
    GTP_Welsh-Bain ...
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Nige
  4. us.gif
    GTP_EDK ..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Kevin
  5. us.gif
    GTPcats_pajamas ..
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Baron
  6. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc
  7. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Tim
  8. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas
  9. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty
  10. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17 ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Mohit
  11. us.gif
    GTP_RaceRyder ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Dale
  12. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair

EU Drivers Grid
  1. nl.gif
    GTP_w-g-e ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Wes
  2. se.gif
    GTP_Yanaran ......
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Jonas
  3. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  4. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy ........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Jordan
  5. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86 .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Pekka
  6. rs.gif
    GTP_Energizer ....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Jevrem
  7. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Marc
  8. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Tim
  9. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17 ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Mohit
  10. au.gif
    GTP_ealirendur ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Ealy

RaceResults.jpg

NA Race Results
Tim's recap of the last 10 laps

3D3_20111026_Event7_Results_NA.png

EU Race Results

Untitled-1.png

RaceHighlights.jpg

Video Highlights

Live Leaderboards
NA Race

EU Race

Pictures

Last edited:
In the laps just prior to your pit I was making up 3-4 seconds per lap as I dropped the gap from 23.1 seconds to 10.8 seconds over 4-5 laps. With that kind of time differential I think 2 stops has got to be faster.
With no traffic and no regard for track position, 2 stops is faster over the whole race. You can do a simplified calculation to decide using lap times just like the ones you posted.

Assume you both have 1'14 best laps, 1'16 after 15 laps (pit in for 2-stop) and 1'18 after 23 (1-stop). Since laps 1-15 will be the same for both of you (ignoring fuel for simplicity) you can disregard those laps completely and just estimate an average lap time for the 2-stop strategy. In this case just use the simplest one, 1'15 (mid-point between fastest and slowest). Then estimate an average for laps 16-23 the same way for 1'17.

The comparison now becomes simply this, Driver A always does 1'15 and makes 2 stops costing him, according to your chart, ~2x26s. I also got roughly this number when I tested in practice. Driver B does 30 of his lap with the same average lap time (the first 15 of each stint) then does 15 laps with an average lap time of 1'17, so he drops 2s per lap against the 2-stop average but only stops once for a 26s delay.

Compared to a constant 1'15 lap average -
Driver A loses: 2x26=52s
Driver B loses: 15x2+26=56s

If the fastest lap is better and the average for the first 15 is lower then the advantage is bigger. I had slightly different numbers and got a bigger difference between 1 and 2 stops. You can do the same calculation for different total laps and number of stops, all you need to do is to do a run in your lounge until your tires blow out and keep track of all the lap times. :)

Note the start order will be based on a short period of quali laps prior to race start, but will most likely shuffle us randomly.
I don't have a problem with that ;)
EU Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_w-g-e ........
    badge_division_1.png
  2. us.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
These should be
Netherlands.png
for GTP_w-g-e and
Belgium.png
for me ;)👍
--------------
That's some calculating you did there Yanaran :lol:

Note the start order will be based on a short period of quali laps prior to race start, but will most likely shuffle us randomly. :odd:

Note: We have a low level of confidence that the online quali is working right now given our recent experience. So we're going to shorten quali to just 15 minutes and put the extra time into racing laps. Hopefully with more laps it gives you more time to pass if you get stuck further back in the field then you deserve and more time for different strategies to play out.

It's not hard to pass on this track. There are tough sections to pass, but overall a driver can't hold you up for very long if you are much faster and they are not recklessly blocking.

Basically consider this a random grid and if it happens to put you up front then consider yourself lucky. No rolling start this week either.

If you want to maximize the chance of your fast lap putting you on pole we suggest you stay on track. When you are done pull over and park and watch the other drivers from a safe distance. There are plenty of spots to do so.

I assume we'll reset the room just before the top of the hour to reset practice times... but our bigger concern is drivers getting bumped versus starting position so we'll do what's most likely to keep people from getting DC'd.

EDIT: Since this is not a current WRS and no reason for "secrets" we encourage practice early and often. Post your online setup here. I'll start as usual with an offline setup with modified ride heights. Post here anytime you want people to join you in your lounge. I plan to start practicing in the next day or so. We'll most likely have our usual official 3D3 practice times as well next week on Mon/Tues.

EDIT: There is some spelling confusion here as the car is "Asparadrink", but Kevin named the original WRS event AsaparaWhat? Question is... Was the extra a intentional? :lol: Either I have to change the OP or Lucas has to change the event post... who's going to blink first? :sly:

Last edited:
You can count me in once again for this one, love the car despite it's horrible laughing noise :sly:

In for both races :)

There goes any chance of me having a relaxing race for either region. :lol:

Did you notice my post earlier analyzing our pits? There has been quite a lot of stuff posted since so maybe you missed it. I remember you mentioning my pit crew was too "fast" this week so thought I'd look into it.

Don't own this car yet, but I'm planning on racing next week. Can't gaurantee I'll make it though. If the grid fills up and someone wants a spot feel free to bump me. I better get practicing soon judging from this weeks race.

There goes any chance of me having a relaxing race for either region. :lol:

Did you notice my post earlier analyzing our pits? There has been quite a lot of stuff posted since so maybe you missed it. I remember you mentioning my pit crew was too "fast" this week so thought I'd look into it.

Just saw it. It must mean when I timed it during practice I must have got the pit bug. Should have done it 2-3 times :grumpy:.

I noticed this yesterday too, as long as you don't leave the track, the qualifying order doesn't mess up. So Tim I guess you've got to make it clear when we are on track that no one should leave it.

EDIT: There is some spelling confusion here as the car is "Asparadrink", but Kevin named the original WRS event AsaparaWhat? Question is... Was the extra a intentional? :lol: Either I have to change the OP or Lucas has to change the event post... who's going to blink first? :sly:

I blinked. Changed the title to Asaparawhat? Online. :D

Added all known drivers so far.

@Yanaran: Do you think you'll make it?

Just saw it. It must mean when I timed it during practice I must have got the pit bug. Should have done it 2-3 times :grumpy:.

I noticed this yesterday too, as long as you don't leave the track, the qualifying order doesn't mess up. So Tim I guess you've got to make it clear when we are on track that no one should leave it.

I went an extra lap on the first stint hoping you were going to pit first. Since you were behind, I was afraid you were going to follow me into the pits and that's usually what triggers the pit bug -- as it did in Daytona when you followed me in the pits and left first because it held me. After one extra lap I said forget it as I didn't feel comfortable and I was losing time to you as you seemed to do better on warn tires. I was relieved when you didn't follow and a lap or two later figured out you were going to try for one stop.

At that point I had mixed feelings. I figured I had a 90% chance of winning at that point (barring a mistake on my part), but I knew the close racing was done for the night except the one inevitable pass when our strategies intersected for a last time and so we had settled into a distant time trial war. I like my chances better in a time trial war as that's what I'm good at (good being relative of course), but I need more practice in hand to hand combat as it were. Ask Hydro about time trial wars in the TMR event or Speedy about the time trial wars in the Daytona EU event. I seem to be involved in those more often than not for some reason.
I guess I'm more of a "Vettelish" driver where if you give me a 2 second gap I like my odds, or if you give me better tires and X laps to make up Y seconds I thrive, but you can rough me up and frazzle me pretty easily in close quarters.

Why am I giving away my secrets and insecurities? :lol:

I blinked. Changed the title to Asaparawhat? Online. :D
Added all known drivers so far.

Funny, but you forgot the bold red a and the capital W. :sly:

The NA grid is filling up nicely this week already. 👍

No, that was a mistake. :lol: Really surprised nobody pointed it out to me during the WRS that week, there are a few who are normally good at that sort of thing. :sly:

Just looked, and it was in the title AND the first post, must've used copy/paste. :P

EDK
No, that was a mistake. :lol: Really surprised nobody pointed it out to me during the WRS that week, there are a few who are normally good at that sort of thing. :sly:

Just looked, and it was in the title AND the first post, must've used copy/paste. :P

I vote we keep the "a" as it adds character... but we add our own 3D3 twist and bold/red/strike it.

I vote we keep the "a" as it adds character... but we add our own 3D3 twist and bold/red/strike it.

OK with me. I don't think you can do that in the thread title, but still works for me.

EDIT : Just tried, and you can't do it in the title.

EDK
OK with me. I don't think you can do that in the thread title, but still works for me.

EDIT : Just tried, and you can't do it in the title.

That's fine... this thread title changes every week anyway and we'll just use it for any of our posts.

Sign me up for the EU race!

My favourite GT300; the Garaiya is possibly the best, but is very tricky online...

I'll try to make the EU race. First impressions from an hour in my lounge is that it's another front tire eater. Pit stops take forever so will definitely be looking to minimize number of stops, I estimate one stop cost 35 seconds compared to 26 on deep forest. You can keep good pace up to T2 even on worn tires but T3 takes a huge hit with just moderate wear.

Managed a 1'38.2 on a full tank with Vagabonds suspension setup and CSL's gearing from the WRS event (but 0/0 ride height). Did not feel like a good lap but then this track just feels really weird to me.

I'll try to make the EU race. First impressions from an hour in my lounge is that it's another front tire eater. Pit stops take forever so will definitely be looking to minimize number of stops, I estimate one stop cost 35 seconds compared to 26 on deep forest. You can keep good pace up to T2 even on worn tires but T3 takes a huge hit with just moderate wear.

Managed a 1'38.2 on a full tank with Vagabonds suspension setup and CSL's gearing from the WRS event (but 0/0 ride height). Did not feel like a good lap but then this track just feels really weird to me.

Don't forget the draft is a big factor on this track with that very long front straight so up the top speed significantly. If CSL's gearing is anywhere near red line it's going to need an adjustment (unless you plan to be the front runner the entire race).

We could really measure here the difference between "weak" and "strong" settings for slipstream... Of course we plan to use weak, but it would be interesting to quantify the difference in terms of mph coming down the straight.

My first order of business, since I didn't run WRS that week, is to figure out if I can run close to podium speed for D3 on this track offline (~1'39.0).

@Lucas and/or @Ealirendur: What tune did you end up using that week for your submitted times? I have three tunes on file for that WRS week: Vagabond, CSL, Madmax.

I see teecro ran that week and he recently posted to the WRS thread that he's missing WRS... maybe we can recruit him for this week too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back