• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 4,535 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Thousand Oaks
GTP_Masicampo
Sign-ups OPEN! Click here!

Familiarize yourself with the Rules and Regs! Do you still have questions? Then read this FAQ.

To jump to a different section, just click the links below.

Reports Thread
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5

WANTED:
Series Writers (Race Reports) | Video Editors | Race Hosts >>> PM me for inquiries!
BTopLe.png
BTopRig.png

BMidLe.png
BMidFill.png
BMidFill2.png
BMidFill3.png
BMidFill4.png
BMidFill5.png
BMidFill6.png

BBotRight2.png

SkedA1-1.png
skedB2.png

MWelcLe.png
MWelcRi.png

MFill1.png
MFill2.png

MHorizLef.png
MHorizRig.png

MFill3.png
MFill4.png
MFill5.png

MHorizRig.png

MHorizRig.png

jbq0zm.png

In association with PURE Racing Evolution ©

Last edited:

HCLee.png
HCRii.png

________________________________________________________________________________

RRCRi.png
RRCLe.png

S3PaBr2-1.png

RDLeF.png
rdrigcopie.png

________________________________________________________________________________

SGLe-1.png
SGRi-1.png

S3PaBr2-1.png

PSLeft.png
PSRight.png

________________________________________ ________________________________________

Ballast System

The top 4 points scorers from each round in each division will receive a Ballast Penalty
The Ballast Penalty will be handed out on provisional results
Time penalties and DQ's will be added afterwards
If drivers tie for points, the driver which placed highest in the main race will receive the higher ballast amount
The maximum ballast per car will be 140kg
Ballast will be removed 20kg at a time for finishes outside the top 4 point scorers
Both classes will have the same penalty

1st - 40kg
2nd - 30kg
3rd - 20kg
4th - 10kg

License and Safety Rating
TBA

jbq0zm.png

Last edited:
awapri-1.png

Grand Champion

• 2nd and 3rd Overall - Lifetime Premium GTP Membership or Select GTP Merchandise under $25
  • 4th to 8th Overall - 1 Year Premium GTP Membership or GTP Merchandise under $12
  • Class Champions - Prizes to be revealed
  • Sportsmanship Award - Lifetime GTP Membership or Select GTP Merchandise under $25
Note: All Prizes from 2nd through 8th are subject to changes. Stay tuned! :sly:

prima-1.png

supprt.png

jbq0zm.png

Last edited:

jbq0zm.png

Last edited:
.: ARCHIVES :.

S3PaBr2-1.png

Season 1 Threads

Preseason
T1 (301) | T2 (246) | T3 (359) | T4 (540) | T5 (1003) | T6 (1118) | T7 (913)
Total Posts: 4,480

Regular Season
R1 A (1008) - B (1045) | R2 A (1008) - B (282)| R3 (287) | R4 (237) | R5 (184)| R6 (381) | R7 (212) | R8 (221) | R9 (279) | R10 (168)
Total Posts: 5,312

Season 1 Total Posts: 9,792

Season 2 Threads

Preseason
T1 (480) | T2 (1099)
Total Posts: 1,579

Regular Season
Main Thread (4873) | RST Threads (427)
Total Posts: 5,300

Season 2 Total Posts: 6,879

Season 3 Threads

Preseason
T5 (322)
Total Posts: 322

Regular Season
Main Thread | R1 |
Total Posts:

Current Count: 16,671 posts

jbq0zm.png

Last edited:
.: WSGTC Frequently Asked Questions :.
by Edward Gomez | Wardez​

First of all, Masi has done as best a job as he can in thoroughly explaining all aspects of the championship. These methods are tried and true and have been proven on the track over the last year in the buildup to this season 3.

So it's up to you to also do your best not only in driving but in comprehending the information provided and making all efforts necessary to know the process before finally getting on the track.

This is not a drop in and race series.
Repeat, you should not consider joining this championship if you plan on simply showing up on race day to have a good time. There's way too much work put in for it to be a casual series.

A quick few basic FAQ answers:

1. Can I find this race in GT? I can't find it in the seasonal events.
2. I just signed up, now what do I do, did I win?
3. What's PAL and NTSC "conferences"?
4. Am I a GT500 or GT300?
5. Can I join this series without having any DLC?
6. Do I need a wheel to be in this series?
7. Do I need all of the Super GT cars to join?
8. Is it possible for me to join this series? I just got the game.
9. I'm new, can I be a "steward"?
10. Why are there two threads, where do I ask questions?
11. So is this qualifying me for the first race or is this just to get into the series itself?
12. Fine then, what happens after the qualifier is "done"?
13. So can I "qualify" on my own then give you my time or something?
14. Do I need to ask Masi before I qualify?
15. If I can't add a steward on PSN, how do I find the rooms?
16. When can I qualify?
17. How does deadline work?
18. What if I get dropped from a room where someone's hosting qualifying or I can't join a certain room?
19. Can I just set up a room and invite a steward in?
20. Can I bring my friend into the room to qualify with me and can others qualify with me on track at the same time?
21. How come the stewards don't answer my questions I send them on PSN?
22. Hey I joined a room with my other PSN tag and they keep kicking me from the qualifying rooms.
23. What if I saw someone cut the track and the steward didn't say anything?
24. Where can I find official times?
25. Lol I had tire wear off, still ok?
26. Who needs to have my replay?
27. How do you know if someone is cheating during the regular season?
28.Can I tell people my tunes and times?
29. Is there anyway possible to avoid the qualifier and race in WSGTC 3 at a later time?

Answers:

1. Can I find this race in GT? I can't find it in the seasonal events.
No, this championship is not a seasonal GT event. It is in no way officially affiliated with Gran Turismo, Polyphony Digital, Sony, Super GT, or Nissan.
It is completely community derived so any help we get in the way of assisting others or providing us with feedback and allowing us to clear up any rules, processes or regulations goes a long way in making this series a success. It is completely run in GT5 through public racing lobbies.​

2. I just signed up, now what do I do, did I win?
No. But you're a winner in my eyes. The racing itself hasn't even started yet!
The qualifier is open starting now, and will be open till January 2nd 2012! So that means that you should start practicing, you have a good solid month ahead of you to get your driving dialed in. Squeeze out every possible fraction of a second you can because once deadline hits, you'll see just how competitive this unprecedented series is. No need to rush your qualifying and try out this week or anything, you have plenty of time to get to know the series, the cars, figure out what you might like best, etc. After qualifying's over, the car selection process will begin, where fastest pick first. More details on that later. After that, the full schedule with dates will be announced and you can start preparing your cars for the first round if you made the "cut."​

3. What's PAL and NTSC "conferences"?
This is just to reference the two fields of competition in the World Super GT Championship. PAL and NTSC are region encodings specific to certain countries. You don't need to necessarily be in PAL in order to be in the PAL conference/division, it's just a sort of recommendation according to what time the PAL conference race is held in comparison to the NTSC which are European and American-centric, respectively. So either pick the NTSC or PAL conference depending on which time suits you best.​

4. Am I a GT500 or GT300?
Not all of us got to pick our class in life once we were born into this world, but you'll get to pick yours in WSGTC! You're free to choose either, but you can't do both. The qualifier is done exactly the same by both GT500 and GT300 drivers.​

5. Can I join this series without having any DLC?
You are not required to buy any DLC for the qualifier but it would be a good idea to buy the track pack DLC in order to make both rounds at Spa although it's not absolutely necessary as every one will drop their two worst rounds at the end of the season. Only eight out of the ten races, your best, will count toward the championship. So missing the two Spa races puts you at a certain disadvantage.​

6. Do I need a wheel to be in this series?
No you do not, a lot of our fastest drivers are proficient controller pad drivers. Of course the grand prize doesn't come with a wheel though, so that's something to worry about after becoming champion ;)

7. Do I need all of the Super GT cars to join?
No, but it'd be a good idea to buy at least one from all of the four modern main GT500 or at least three of each of the main GT300 car type Super GT cars featured in our series depending on which class you'd like to join.​

8. Is it possible for me to join this series? I just got the game.
You need to be at least level 20 in Gran Turismo 5 in order to be eligible to buy Super GT cars, so you'll need to level up as soon as possible in order to get started.​

9. I'm new, can I be a "steward"?
Stewards are long time veterans of WSGTC, the online community or trusted responsible individuals we know will be dedicated to making this series the best it can be. This isn't saying you aren't one, but since you are new, we'll have to see how you handle the series then we will add new stewards over time as the series goes on.​

10. Why are there two threads, where do I ask questions?
The "Main Thread", is the main discussion forum for the whole Championship as a whole.
The "Qualifier Thread" is strictly for discussing the qualifier and for stewards to post times.​

11. So is this qualifying me for the first race or is this just to get into the series itself?
Yes, this is a qualifier for entry into the series as a whole. As in, a pre-screening of drivers that will cut the registered pool of drivers down to 120. Just like GT Academy or GTP Weekly Race Series divisioning and the like. Think of the qualifier as time trials, try outs or auditions. It's not about who can submit their time in fastest. A person who submitted a time today will be treated the same as someone who's submitted a time a minute before deadline.
This is not qualifying for a race, but qualifying in order to get a chance to race.
Don't worry about being "slow" as there is a place for every one, we're about fun over pure speed.
We only say "qualifying" in order to refer to the "qualifier" as a verb form.​

12. Fine then, what happens after the qualifier is "done"?
After the qualifying deadline is met, the stewards will have a meeting to confirm all the times and ranking. We will contact all successfully qualified drivers through private messages here on GT Planet. NOTE: if your private message inbox on GTP is full. We will not be held responsible for missing your follow up on qualifying. Any one that does not respond to the post-qualifying contact will be effectively dropped from the running. We will not contact you through PSN or through E-mail, only GTP PM's. Do not send us your E-mail.

After that, the times will be finalized and posted in the main thread and submission thread. Then the car and team selection process will commence. More details on this process will be posted soon.

13. So can I "qualify" on my own then give you my time or something?
No, all qualifying must be done on-line and in the presence of one of our stewards. That means any time, as long as you get a hold of one of us. We have the good fortune of having dedicated stewards from all over the world willing to host sessions at their best convenience during most days.
Yet also realize that any room opened by a steward, unless specifically stated otherwise, will also act as a practice room where casual races, discussions and simply getting to know your fellow racers will be taken advantage of.​

14. Do I need to ask Masi before I qualify?
You don't need permission from Masi or any admins in order to get your qualifying session in order as long as it's a steward that's hosting the room. You only need to get a hold of a steward through either posting in the main thread or PM'ing a steward on GTP. Do not add any of the stewards on PSN (a lot of us have almost full friends lists and can not possibly add all registered drivers in WSGTC) unless you have express permission, do not expect any stewards to respond to PSN messages. They are only required to look for private messages for setting up qualifying sessions.

15. If I can't add a steward on PSN, how do I find the rooms?
All stewards will always post room numbers to their qualifying rooms in the main thread. Use this to join the public lobbies. Qualifying rooms will never be hosted in lounges.​

16. When can I qualify?
At any time as long as one of the stewards is awake and responds to your request. Spamming a qualifying request is discouraged and will put you in a bad light. If you can not get qualified at a certain hour, you will eventually.

17. How does deadline work?
The deadline is a set time: December 23rd, 2011 at Midnight GMT.
This only means that no one can enter a room after Midnight strikes to qualify. If you are in a room that opened before midnight GMT on January 2nd. The steward may start your actual run past midnight, the only stipulation is that you must have been IN the room BEFORE Midnight GMT practicing and start the session before thirty minutes past Midnight GMT, which is a grace period.

18. What if I get dropped from a room where someone's hosting qualifying or I can't join a certain room?
You can ask for another steward to host a separate room. More than one official qualifying room can also be up at any given time. There needn't be only one.​

19. Can I just set up a room and invite a steward in?
You're not allowed to host your own room then "invite" a steward to view your run. All aspects of the session, from room opening to session start must be conducted via steward.
Also, a steward may qualify themselves as long as they are present in the room with another registered driver. An additional steward is not needed.

20. Can I bring my friend into the room to qualify with me and can others qualify with me on track at the same time?
More than one person can qualify on track at the same time. Though due to us doing the actual session in race mode, this means that there must be a large enough gap between drivers so that drafting is not a factor.
Anyone can spectate the qualifier sessions, just remember to have the tag "WSGTC" in your room join auto-message or else you'll be kicked.

21. How come the stewards don't answer my questions I send them on PSN?
We do not effectively communicate through the Playstation Network. Now this is a big one: do not send messages over PSN to stewards or officials for questions or to set up a room. This is not a reliable method of communication for our series as some stewards use PSN differently than others.​

22. Hey I joined a room with my other PSN tag and they keep kicking me from the qualifying rooms.
You can not qualify under any other PSN tag other than the one you intend to race with. You must put " WSGTC" in your room auto-join message in order to not be kicked from qualifying lobbies.​

23. What if I saw someone cut the track and the steward didn't say anything?
Submit a report by PM'ing one of the stewards, preferably the one that watched the session itself. They will check their replay for any illegal actions. If this doesn't solve it, get the attention of an admin.​

24. Where can I find official times?
All times will be posted in the "**Submission Thread**" thread for easy viewing. They will be updated every day with new times as they're submitted.
Please do not message the admins if you don't see your time up yet for some reason, this does not mean you're disqualified.​

25. Lol I had tire wear off, still ok?
If a qualifier has been run with any room settings incorrect any time submitted will be revoked and you will get another chance at qualifying. It is the responsibility of the steward to correctly set up the room and qualifying environment.​

26. Who needs to have my replay?
All replays must be saved by as many of the participants of a session as possible just in case any problems come up later on. This is so we have references to investigate any problems. But it's not a requirement. All stewards are required to save replays. Replays will be shared among the admins and stewards but there is the factor of region coding that comes into it. Only people with NTSC discs can watch NTSC derived replays the same as PAL so you'll need to note that if you ever offer a replay file or request one from someone. If you need to learn how to export GT replay files to a computer, please fer to this link, in which the WRS describes how to export GT5 replay files starting from step two.​

27. How do you know if someone is cheating during the regular season?
Absolutely no upgrading beyond the stated WSGTC machine specifications what so ever is allowed. We have a year of experience in catching illegal mods. Engine upgrades change your RPM profile, turbo chargers show up on the HUD as a boost pressure gauge. If you have a car that has been maxed out, do not attempt to dial back your car in order to meet spec. . You will be caught and this is highly discouraged. If you feel iffy at all about your car, buy a new one!
Full car selection details will be announced soon so start breaking in your favorite car and a few back ups (it takes 186 miles on the in-game car's odometer in order to be fully broken in and have full power).​

28.Can I tell people my tunes and times?
Tunes, sector times, track approaches, strategies, are all free to be shared. Confedintiality is striclty up to you, you can choose to share or not share whatever you want and no one can tell you otherwise. But every one is encouraged to discuss the series and their attitudes towards it in order to make this series as comfortable as possible considering the large driver base.

29. Is there anyway possible to avoid the qualifier and race in WSGTC 3 at a later time?
Sorry, no.​

Last edited:
WSGTC Photoshoot

When: November 11, 2011 (11-11-11 :dopey:)
Host: GTP_Masicampo

2 Cars per driver! Select 1 car per class! 16 drivers overall + reserve drivers

Part 1 | GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX -
Honda EPSON NSX - GTP_Masicampo
Honda RAYBRIG NSX -
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX - GV27-
Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 -
Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 - paulmac2k9
Lexus ENEOS SC430 - MH4wheel
Lexus PETRONAS TOM?S SC430 - NEPALII
Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R -
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R -
Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R -
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R -
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z -
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R -
Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra -
Nissan or GTR Stealth Car - GTP_CSL

Part 2 | GT300:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza -
Cusco Advan Impreza -
WedsSport IS350 - GTP_Masicampo
WedsSport Celica - MH4wheel
Arta Garaiya - GV27-
Amemiya RX7 '06 -
Apex MR-S - paulmac2k9
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 -
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car ?04 - NEPALII
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia -
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 -
RX7 LM Race Car -
RX8 LM Concept LM Race Car - GTP_CSL
Honda S2000 LM Race Car -
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car -
HKS Evo CT230R -

Reserve Drivers (write down what car you have):

Reply: Click Quote, Remove Quote Tags, Copy, Add your names: 1 on each class (GT500/GT300), Paste and Post.

Just a reminder, this is not a drivers list for Season 3 - this is for the Photoshoot only.

A second after I sent the PM I realised this was the Photoshoot. I was still planning on helping out so it's perfectly nice :D

I still don't know how I didn't realise it's the Photoshoot, written with big letters and all that.

@ GV27 - Thanks 👍

By the way, race time is still tentative, but will most likley be the same at around 20-21 GMT on Fridays.

@ Otsdarva - i guess they're all too busy with the new Leagues around. We won't be active until January, although im planning some Pre-Season Races this month (or the next) to test new cars.

WSGTC Photoshoot

Part 1 | GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX -
Honda RAYBRIG NSX - chorda
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R -
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z -

Part 2 | GT300:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza -
Cusco Advan Impreza - chorda
Arta Garaiya - GV27-
Amemiya RX7 '06 -
Apex MR-S - paulmac2k9
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 -
RX7 LM Race Car -
HKS Evo CT230R -

Reply: Click Quote, Remove Quote Tags, Copy, Add your names: 1 on each class (GT500/GT300), Paste and Post.

Yes it does.👍
Every time I hear 11 11 11 I think of that movie..:lol:

Yes, the OP is great. I've been eager to see it in action since he previewed it to us. Can't wait till it's fully filled out!

Thanks lads 👍

Still a lot of work to be done.

Just some tid bits. Those flags at the top corresponds to a 'Race Specific Thread'
That means it shows the exact order of the schedule (still not firm by the way).

I will also have a news ticker implemented just below the banner 'ala-wall street' style.

Everything will be image-reaize friendly. I sugggest everybody to change their
forum width option to 'Normal' also as it is best viewed that way.

:cheers:

WSGTC Photoshoot

Part 1 | GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX -
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R - GTP_Pinoy2
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z -

Part 2 | GT300:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza -
Arta Garaiya - GV27-
Amemiya RX7 '06 - GTP_Pinoy2
Apex MR-S - paulmac2k9
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 -
RX7 LM Race Car -
HKS Evo CT230R -

Masi you rekon if we dont get enough people could we maybe bring in others from other series...? or does it need to be all WSGTC members..?

WSGTC Photoshoot

Part 1 | GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX -
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z -
Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra - joshua1994

Part 2 | GT300:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza -
Arta Garaiya - GV27-
Apex MR-S - paulmac2k9
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia - joshua1994
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 -
RX7 LM Race Car -
HKS Evo CT230R -

Hey guys, sorry i can't make it to the photoshoot. This may sound sad but... I'll be on MW3 LOL 👍

WSGTC Photoshoot

When: November 11, 2011 (11-11-11 :dopey:) | 20.00 GMT or Later

Part 1 | GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX -
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z -

Part 2 | GT300:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza -
Arta Garaiya - GV27-
Apex MR-S - paulmac2k9
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 -
RX7 LM Race Car -
HKS Evo CT230R -

WSGTC Photoshoot[/SIZE]

When: November 11, 2011 (11-11-11 :dopey:) | 20.00 GMT or Later

Part 1 | GT500:
Honda ARTA NSX -
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z - Paginas

Part 2 | GT300:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza - Paginas
Arta Garaiya - GV27-
Apex MR-S - paulmac2k9
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 -
RX7 LM Race Car -
HKS Evo CT230R -

I would like to join this series again please in GT300 class is that Okay?

More details will be out in the following days on how and who can race.

Anyway, from the interest section thread:

Imo, the GT300 cars are a tad quick. Some got a lot more power than 300 Bhp.

So how about slowing the 8 cars we had this season down.
Add ballast, and reduce DF.
If you add 100Kg, there's still room for 100 kg ballast, so the ballast system will still work. Just set a imit at 100 kg.
Reduce DF: The cars that could fit the GT300 field imo (Lexus IS200 GT1, Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA) have less DF.
So by adding ballast, reduce weight and work a bit with the PL for the current field, I think we could get the IS200 and RAZO SILVIA in the group. 👍

Depends, the slower they are, the harder it is for mixed races.

I did forget the NSX RM.

Been thinking about nerfing them down too. Would love to see the Razo and the other Lexus to be included. A fair amount of testing to be done. I'm thinking about a pre-season races for GT300. This 11th on Friday (along with the photoshoot) maybe?

Tentative GT300 Field:
Cusco Dunlop Impreza
Cusco Advan Impreza
WedsSport IS350
WedsSport Celica
Arta Garaiya
Amemiya RX7 '06
Apex MR-S

Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car ‘04
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia
RX7 LM Race Car
RX8 LM Concept LM Race Car
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Spoon S2000 Race Car ‘00
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1
HKS Evo CT230R (too slow - not enough downforce)
Amemiya FD3S RX-7 (same as HKS Evo)
RM Cars?

Anyone comments from everyone?

By the way, please set your forum width to 'Normal'. The OP will be image resize friendly and molded to the standard width of the forum. Click here to do so.

IMHO, i'd slow the GT300 field down, so the Silvia and IS200 are competitive and not add any LM cars. Possibly, you could add (and im not sure if it'd work as im no use with tuning and so on) some of the 'drift' cars. I'm sure theirs a few standard ones such as, correct me if im wrong, but its something along the lines of a Genki Silvia, red livery etc. Anyhow, yeah i'm not sure if they'd be competitive as like I said, im no expert on that side, so I guess it'd have to be tested and what not, but it might just break up the field of the constant yellow, black and the odd blue.

Yes, Toyotsupra, you are welcome to participate. 👍

I've tested some of the drift cars and they lack downforce. Some of the RMs/TCs ive tested, and they prove to be too fast on the straights. The RX7 TC for example, was 2 seconds faster compared to the current WSGTC specs for the Lexus IS350. We'll see...

Big announcement this week about sponsorship. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back