3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the NA races to start. So I'll practice some more in my lounge.
Feel free to join...

EDIT:
I'll jump in Tim's room now
||
\/

Last edited:
Is the NA race now?

I'll be jumping in if that's ok.

Sure, but the NA race is in one hour. My lounge is now open for pre-race practice. We will start the 15 minute quali session one hour from now.

nice, that looked like it was tons of fun. looking forward to use my referral next week for the kazspa. thanks for the invite tim and marc. may i ask what the regulations will be for the car next week? Like all upgrades allowed? Tuning? etc. will be nice to race with a group of clean respective racers.

The details for the next event come out on Thursday so watch the thread tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately I have to make a run, :( won't be back in time for the first race at least, hopefully I'll be able to get in before they're all done, time will tell.

I finally make the first race and can't make the second...Ironic.
Hopefully you guys are having good races, I'm sure you are though, look forward to Spa! :drool:

Congratz to Chris for the win. 👍 A very fun time and now it's my pleasure to move on to KazSpa!!!

3D3_20111102_Event8_Results_NA.png

Great night of racing:tup: The car was perfect for a race on this track, positions were tough to come by so we really had to make some aggressive moves to gain posiitons. It caused some trading paint but nothing to bad I think. I think next time we need to handicap Chris about 15 HP, great job man.

Speedy, awesome job on the third race. If you get a chance watch the race from the point you pass me for the lead, around lap 7, from your car but the view that shows the action behind. It's really good clean racing for the win. Madmax, I apologize for a little shove coming out of turn one in that race, you got loose, I jumped on it but was a little too hard on the throttle and drifted up into you. I tried to apologize over the mic but think it was muted. Anyways, it was a fun race.

I had a great time and definitely hope to do it again, have to be extra nice to the missus.
Next time I hope my car isn't as drifty as it was here, really made exiting turns 2 and 4 difficult. Again, great job everyone.

Edit: On lap 9 of race 4 I thought I got 4 tires below the rumbles in turn 2 while passing Blair for 5th place so I got off the throttle on exit and gave the spot back. Turns out I had a little help getting down there, oh well.

Last edited:
I'll be hosting a mixed-class practice session on Spa in my lounge:

Practice Session for Spa
Date: Thursday, November 3
Start: 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
End: 1:30 AM Eastern / 10:30 PM Pacific
Where: GTP_WRP001's private lounge​

I was hosting a practice for a GT500 series that Marc (Hydro) and I participate in anyway and we'll probably only have 4-6 drivers from the Super GT series on track so why not invite the 3D3 crew at the same time and kill two birds with one stone. 3D3 drivers can use their Nissan GT-R Schulze Motorsport '11 w/RH tires and the Super GT drivers will use their GT500 cars w/RM tires.

The cars are quite different with the Super GT having a big advantage on the turns with the softer tires and more DF, and the KazGT-R having a huge power advantage (790 hp vs 502 hp). Overall lap times are fairly close though... I've run 2'14.1 in the Super GT car online and high 2'13s have been reported. Not sure what the top online laps times will be for the KazGT-R, but we'll find out tomorrow.

It's only practice and the track is big so there should be plenty of room. If we run a few short test races we can just treat it like a mixed class race and both packs will just separate on track by a sector at the start. Or we'll just play it by ear.

Note: The only change from our usual 3D3 lounge settings is that "Grip Reduction" will be set to "Real" instead of "Low". Basically use the curbing/grass at your own risk as it'll be a bit more tricky with this setting. We'll be using "Low" for our 3D3 race next week, but I'm sticking to the Super GT regs for this practice session.

PS> I won't be running for a good chunk of this time, but the room will be open for the entire time so you can come and go as you please.

So glad Marc made it, as well as so many EU'ers, and the NA "regulars". :cheers: Hopefully Scott's hooked. :D

What a blast! If I missed an apology, apologies. :lol: I really am sorry I may have cost Speedy a spot or two in race 2 or 3 (can't remember which), by viciously broadsiding him, but I gave the spot back right away. Sorry man.

Thanks to Tim for an amazing day of hosting and keeping track of all the sprint points, even though I know this combo was not exactly your favorite. :cheers:

What a blast! If I missed an apology, apologies. :lol: I really am sorry I may have cost Speedy a spot or two in race 2 or 3 (can't remember which), by viciously broadsiding him, but I gave the spot back right away. Sorry man.

No worries mate. These things can happen. It happened to me too on Weds Forest. We're only human, aren't we ;)

Good to see the participation is still strong 👍 I miss racing with you guys, still don't know when I'll be able to get a new PS3.

Have fun at Spa next week :)

3D3_logo_40pct.gif

Presents...
Rock the KazSpa Online

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_5.jpg

Disclaimer: This is *NOT* an official GTPlanet or WRS sanctioned event and members are not obligated to take part.

Event Summary

Title: Rock the KazSpa Online
Event: Online adaptation of the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 38 Event: Rock the KazSpa
Date: Wednesday November 9

North American Race
  • Practice: 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 2:00 AM)
  • Qualification: 7:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 3:00 AM)
  • Race Start: 7:15 PM Pacific / 10:15 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 3:15 AM)
  • Race End: After 25 laps. ~60 minutes.
European Race
  • Practice: 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM GMT
  • Qualification: 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM GMT
  • Race Start: 12:15 PM Pacific / 3:15 PM Eastern / 8:15 PM GMT
  • Race End: After 25 laps. ~60 minutes.

Driver's Meeting/Notes links:

Eligibility for this 3D3 event will include GTP_Registered members plus referred drivers. A registry member can make a referral for this event by simply including other drivers PSN IDs with their own registration request in this thread. To guarantee eligibility for all 3D3 events run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join the registry now!

Registration
  1. Reply to this thread and include in the text of the message your GTP_ PSN ID, the title of this event and which event (EU, NA or Both). To sign up (refer) a driver not on the GTP_Registry, a registered driver should include the PSN ID of the non registered driver(s) in their post.
  2. Send a PSN friend request to GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro with subject line "3D3 Racing" if you haven't already done so. Any referred driver(s) will also need to submit a friend request.
There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers list below for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please send a PM to one of the 3D3 racing stewards or post in the thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver.

Lounge Settings
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard. Race stewards will be mic'd for the event. If you have mic or keyboard you can use it.
Track/Car
  • Track: Spa Francorchamps
  • Car: Premium > Nissan > GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11
Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 790 HP (Broken-in Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Tuning, Stage 3 Turbo, no Racing Titanium Exhaust)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: Stage 3 Engine Tuning, default Exhaust
  • Turbo and Supercharger: Stage 3 Turbo
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Weight: 1505 KG MIN (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional).
  • Transmission: Default (no fully customizable race transmission allowed)
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 25
  • Start Type: Grid start
  • Grid Order: Single Stint Online Quali - 15min Link to quali explanation from AsparaWhat? Online
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Grip Reduction: Low
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On [be aware of cold tires at start or first lap out of pits]
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).
Regulation Settings
  • Car Restriction: Unrestricted (see vehicle specifics listed above)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 790 HP
  • Weight: 1505 KG MIN
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • AS | ASM | Driving Line | TCS: Optional
Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specific all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • Please read, and familiarize yourself with the track boundary guidelines specified in the original WRS event.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.
If for some reason you are unable to finish the race and need to stop:
  • Pull the car over off the track next to a wall and as far from the driving line as possible
  • Press the E-Brake
  • Then press Start
  • This will ghost your car and it won't allow it to interfere with the other drivers.
Overall winner will be sent a prize (to be announced at race time).

Good Luck,

3D3 Racing
:
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Hydro
GTP_Gravitron​

DriverRegistration.jpg

First names listed, where we've been given permission

NA Drivers Grid
img.php
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dom
  2. us.gif
    GTP_EDK ..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Kevin
  3. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Marc
  4. us.gif
    GTP_Mcfizzle .....
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Scott
  5. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  6. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Tim
  7. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas
  8. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty
  9. ca.gif
    GTP_Allibubba99 ..
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Al
  10. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair
  11. us.gif
    DragonGT83 .......
    badge_division_0.png

EU Drivers Grid
img.php
  1. dk.gif
    GTP_cicua ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Simon
  2. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dom
  3. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86 .....
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Pekka
  4. nl.gif
    GTP_w-g-e ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Wes
  5. se.gif
    GTP_Yanaran ......
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Jonas
  6. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy ........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Jordan
  7. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Marc
  8. nl.gif
    GTP_Joost ........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... (tentative)
  9. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  10. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Tim
  11. uk.gif
    GTP_hasslemoff ...
    badge_division_3.png
  12. ir.gif
    GTP_akmuq ........
    badge_division_3.png
  13. us.gif
    DragonGT83 .......
    badge_division_0.png

RaceResults.jpg

NA Race Results
3D3_20111109_Event9_Results_NA.png

EU Race Results
Results.png

RaceHighlights.jpg

Video Highlights
NA Race
[/QUOTE]

EU Race

Live Leaderboards
NA Race

EU Race
KazSpaPits_EU-1.png

Pictures
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps111copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a non-registry driver referral for the NA event @ Spa this week:

PSN: DragonGT83

Registry drivers will have priority if we happen to fill the grid, but if we get more than 16 we'll probably run two simultaneous lounges anyway so sign him up and we'll see what happens with the grid.

PS> Trying to recruit Dragon to join WRS and what better way than racing WRS drivers at Spa! Dragon has beat me each week in our GT500 series (sometimes handily, but I'm getting closer every week) so he's got some speed and drives clean. Of course I'm almost never in front of him so can't say much about his passing techniques. :lol:

I'm in :)

Racing #69 :lol:

Wasn't there something in the upcomming patch that they were going to allow all the race cars to have custome numbers?

@GravItron you are running old division bannerz on Hydro and "W"

Last edited:
I've got a non-registry driver referral for the NA event @ Spa this week:

PSN: DragonGT83

Registry drivers will have priority if we happen to fill the grid, but if we get more than 16 we'll probably run two simultaneous lounges anyway so sign him up and we'll see what happens with the grid.

PS> Trying to recruit Dragon to join WRS and what better way than racing WRS drivers at Spa! Dragon has beat me each week in our GT500 series (sometimes handily, but I'm getting closer every week) so he's got some speed and drives clean. Of course I'm almost never in front of him so can't say much about his passing techniques. :lol:

:lol: I'm always sure to keep my nose clean. If I'm wrecking its usually just driver error on my part and usually don't get anybodyelse involved. Hopefully I'll be able to run with you guys in the NA room. Mostly looking forward to seat time with some great drivers. 👍 Oh if we can change car number i'll be #8

Wasn't there something in the upcomming patch that they were going to allow all the race cars to have custome numbers?

:lol: I'm always sure to keep my nose clean. If I'm wrecking its usually just driver error on my part and usually don't get anybodyelse involved. Hopefully I'll be able to run with you guys in the NA room. Mostly looking forward to seat time with some great drivers. 👍 Oh if we can change car number i'll be #8

I might be wrong, but I don't think they allow number changes in this car. It's stuck on the number that Kaz used right?

Too bad it would be cool if we could each have our own number... I'd reserve #33 if possible... my old football RB number... ohh the memories, but problem is with 33 I may just try and bowl over the grid at the start like a 4th and goal at the 1 :sly:

@GravItron you are running old division bannerz on Hydro and "W"

Thanks for looking out for us Lefty! Haven't seen an update in the official registry yet to reflect our promotions yet or in the leader board... maybe it doesn't go into effect until after this week?

Last edited:
In case we're able to choose a race n° on the car. Mine will be #81. My birthyear :sly:

Good to see Dragon in here. 👍
I saw some vids from the GT500's. Must say I was impressed.
Too bad the timeslots don't fit me, otherwise I would've joined you already

EDIT: Now come and join us in the WRS Dragon ;)

Last edited:
That was a fun race last night :D
The best part to me, was the fact that it was such close running for most of the laps, with multiple drivers.
The format (4x12 lap races) worked out perfectly. Great Idea Tim 👍

That's a shame Marc... everything ok mate?
Everything was good Chris 👍, thanks for asking.
Great in fact.
My Mom went in for hip replacement surgery over the weekend, and was expected to be released on Friday.
As it turns out, she heals incredibly fast (esp. since she is 70!), and she was given the option of going home on Wednesday - which of course, she took :)
So I quickly (very quickly) grabbed my brother and picked her and my Dad up.
The kicker is that they live 160 kms away, so a lazy day became quite hectic.
The drive back was.... WRS worthy :D, and I made it just in time (literally - grid formation was underway ;))

Congrats on your impressive driving Chris 👍
Quite Amazing :)

Great to see you in the series Dragon 👍
I have no doubt you will fit in fine, and there's plenty of good competition for you.
I'll do my best to be part of that :D

EDK
So, what are we gonna call this thing now? 2D21D3? :sly:

Nice job on the promotions, Tim and Marc. 👍

Thanks Kevin, and congrats to all the WRS/3D3 drivers that were promoted :cheers:
I think we'll stay with 3D3 :) Never forget where you came from..... 👍
Besides, as soon as you WRS guys fix the Obvious Glitch in the Ranking System, Lucas will be joining us too.

EDIT - Big (huge) props to Tim, and Lucas for covering all the duties, and getting it all together on such short notice yesterday.
As of Wednesday AM, no one had any idea I was going to miss the EU event, and possibly the NA event as well.
Basically, 1 somewhat panicked PM hit their inboxes 2 hrs before the start of the EU event, and fortunately it all worked out in the end.
Great work guys 👍

Last edited:

Being chased for a full hour and they say it is fun? ;)

Sign me up for the Spa race please,
No change for a good result,so the pressure is not on me.:)

tsukubacircuitd.jpg

I received a very unenthusiastic thumbs up from the wife to participate in this weeks Spa NA race. The thumb drifted a little midway between down and up, looked like it was going down and miraculously it's momentum shifted and went up.:sly: It cuts right into our hangout time but I 'charmed' her.:sly::sly:

So put me down and my car number will be 4 in spirit, and the GTR will be silver chrome shaded to look like the black with white stripes standard on the car. I will try not to bring a drift setup to a race this time. Turns 2 and 4 were a handful last night with my setup.

I received a very unenthusiastic thumbs up from the wife to participate in this weeks Spa NA race. The thumb drifted a little midway between down and up, looked like it was going down and miraculously it's momentum shifted and went up.:sly: It cuts right into our hangout time but I 'charmed' her.:sly::sly:

So put me down and my car number will be 4 in spirit, and the GTR will be silver chrome shaded to look like the black with white stripes standard on the car. I will try not to bring a drift setup to a race this time. Turns 2 and 4 were a handful last night with my setup.
I'm 100% positive the car color you will use will be a flatish black. ;)

Tell the wife there's 7 days in a week, and to stop hogging you for all 7. :lol:

👍 👍 Thank your wife for allowing us your company! We appreciate it. Always good to have more good clean drivers in the group even if they do have a pension for chrome and/or the number 4.

Last edited:
GTP_w-g-e - Wes - EU race

I'll have plenty of time to practise, really need it though.:scared:

Sign me up for the NA KazSpa event guys.

Wrestling this powerful beast around Spa for an hour should be interesting. If I can keep it on the tarmac the whole race I'll be happy.:)

Sign me up for the EU event! I probably won't manage a huge amount of time on the combo (sent the car to be broken in last night, just losing Sunday this time), but I really have to run it to learn the track - and race it online!

But.... is it still starting at 7:15 GMT? (I can't do it an hour later, which there was talk of, but it may be waay better for the actual Europeans)

GTP_ealirendur - Ren - EU Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back