Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Hey Praiano! Test driving the Nissan 2000 '68 (which should be Datsun 2000 '68), I ran into trouble setting the transmission gears to the numbers you provided. Then I checked another Nissan 2000 (I have several) and found that the first one had a rev limit of 7800 rpm and the second one had a rev limit of 8300 rpm. I rebuilt the transmissions on both, but the rev limits stayed the same. They both have similar mileage.

The gear settings are different on the same type cars with different rev limits.

I'm guessing that is the trouble I am having setting the transmission gears on other cars, too. I don't know why there is that difference in the rev limit, but there is. the one with the higher rev limit (8300) allowed me to set the transmission gears just as you indicated. Could the reduced rev limit indicate that the engine has unrepairable wear? I don't know.

The Nissan 2000 handles great, and I was able to catch the Dome in the 90's Japanese Seasonal without a whole lot of trouble. Good control entering and leaving curves, and good acceleration at 450 pp. Steady braking, too. On Sports softs, there was slight sliding, but easy to control. Thanks for putting your "magic touch" on the car!

Pete

Thank you but what I didn't understand is I see many graduations on each gear setup, and it's not evenly distributed. Please help a total newbie:ill:, I don't understand how to use these "scales" on each gear setup.

Ok. Everytime you open a gear ratios setting panel Imagine you have 10 graduations (little bars ,they really exist don't have to figure).
Like it's on the graphic ,just put any gear on his mark . For example for 6 gears = 1st full left 0 / 2nd at number 2 / 3rd at number 4..................
Exatly like it is on the picture.
Hope you will do it right this time. :)

Hey Praiano! Test driving the Nissan 2000 '68 (which should be Datsun 2000 '68), I ran into trouble setting the transmission gears to the numbers you provided. Then I checked another Nissan 2000 (I have several) and found that the first one had a rev limit of 7800 rpm and the second one had a rev limit of 8300 rpm. I rebuilt the transmissions on both, but the rev limits stayed the same. They both have similar mileage.

The gear settings are different on the same type cars with different rev limits.

I'm guessing that is the trouble I am having setting the transmission gears on other cars, too. I don't know why there is that difference in the rev limit, but there is. the one with the higher rev limit (8300) allowed me to set the transmission gears just as you indicated. Could the reduced rev limit indicate that the engine has unrepairable wear? I don't know.

The Nissan 2000 handles great, and I was able to catch the Dome in the 90's Japanese Seasonal without a whole lot of trouble. Good control entering and leaving curves, and good acceleration at 450 pp. Steady braking, too. On Sports softs, there was slight sliding, but easy to control. Thanks for putting your "magic touch" on the car!

Pete

Thanks my friend. Good that you like it. It's not very fast for a 450PP but it's a good drive. The gears ratios are not matching sometime because of the engine stage you have installed or not. Check it , must be this. The one i've tuned have engine 3.

Have a good night.

Hi praiano, like I said you in the PSN message I sent to you, I need a tune for the GTR Schulze (max 600 PP) with the stock tires (S3) and I must do 25 laps at Special Stage 5. Answer to me with a MP, thanks ;) 👍

Golden years Race Cars Quartet... '66 to '69 best years forever !!!

publication1y.jpg

Specially tuned for the Nurburgring, no aids , ABS1.

#Ford GT40 '69 // ONLINE TUNE OK is a very fast 600PP ,now easy to drive hard , no bad surprise. One of the best old motor sound for me.

#Ford Mark IV race car '67 // ONLINE TUNE OK , only 4 gears, now tuned for a soft easy fast drive.

#Ferrari330 P4 race car '67 // ONLINE TUNE OK , light weight racer, fast, easy, very good car any track.

#Jaguar XJ13 race car '66 // ONLINE TUNE OK . This one is the faster race car of the quartet. The tune have harder springs,very sharp ,ready for a very hard battle with any modern race car. One of the best car of the game. I've tune it to race and win, it's a little bit sharper than the others but it stay easy to control any situation.
You can choose between 3 turbos to race at 600pp / 625pp / 640pp. you'll have a very competitive old gun.

gt4069.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3m.jpg

fordmark4.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3x.jpg

ferrarip4.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3i.jpg

jagxj13.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3b.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3g.jpg

Enjoy your drive with the "Golden Years Quartet".

><((((°> °°°°°°°°°​

Last edited:
1 tune per post, come on Praiano, you know better. ;)

Ouuppssss ... Sorry, i didn't think about this. I wanted to publish those cars together but you're right ..... Or ,if you put the name of the 4 cars separated in your site with the same link, who is interested by only one will find the car the same way ....??? Not possible??? If not ,i will edit again tomorrow..

#Ford GT40 '69 // ONLINE TUNE OK is a very fast 600PP ,now easy to drive hard , no bad surprise. One of the best old motor sound for me.

gt4069.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3m.jpg

Last edited:
#Ford Mark IV race car '67 // ONLINE TUNE OK , only 4 gears, now tuned for a soft easy fast drive.

fordmark4.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3x.jpg

Last edited:
#Ferrari330 P4 race car '67 // ONLINE TUNE OK , light weight racer, fast, easy, very good car any track.

ferrarip4.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife3i.jpg

Last edited:
#Jaguar XJ13 race car '66 // ONLINE TUNE OK. This one is the faster race car of the quartet. The tune have harder springs,very sharp ,ready for a very hard battle with any modern race car. One of the best car of the game. I've tune it to race and win, it's a little bit sharper than the others but it stay easy to control any situation.
You can choose between 3 turbos to race at 600pp / 625pp / 640pp. you'll have a very competitive old gun.

jagxj13.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me, really. But people will click on the link, and see whatever the first picture is, assume the link is wrong, and dismiss it, rather than scrolling down. So it's in your benefit and the 'searchers' benefit to keep them in single posts.

Ok. Everytime you open a gear ratios setting panel Imagine you have 10 graduations (little bars ,they really exist don't have to figure).
Like it's on the graphic ,just put any gear on his mark . For example for 6 gears = 1st full left 0 / 2nd at number 2 / 3rd at number 4..................

Thanks my friend, it's very kind of you. Have a nice day. Mahenina

Thanks my friend, it's very kind of you. Have a nice day. Mahenina

You're welcome.

Hi! I could see your Ferrari 330 '67 racing against a Red Bull:tup: Great job again X4!!!

Did you see this ?? Yes , it was a good challenge , but i needed to put some sugar in his tank :):)👍👍

Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09

Awsome race car for everybody drive. You can pass every limits, it'll forgive you, late braking, accelerating too early,unwanted drift...everything you can't do with another race car. Laps under 6'00" on the ring, very competitive.

nrburgringnordschleife1h.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1dh.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1q.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1k.jpg

Parts to install:

Turbo stage 3
FC transmission
Adjustable diferential LSD
FC suspension kit

Downforce 40/65

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3462 (STOCK)
3- Select top speed at 340 km/h = 211,3 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3682
2: 2680
3: 2042
4: 1613
5: 1315
6: 1109
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 321 km/h = 199,5 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 710 hp
weight 1300 kg
perf. points 644 pp

LSD Rear 10/32/14

Ride Height: Front -28 / Rear -17

Spring Rate 16.8/18.0
Extension 8/8
Compression 7/5
Anti-roll bars 6/5

Camber 1.8/1.6
Toe -0.14/+0.10

Brake Balance 5/3

tires R3/R3

Enjoy.

Sorry for the n00b here, but were do I get this car on the Game?

tks!

Sorry for the n00b here, but were do I get this car on the Game?

tks!
Hi. Here is it. Have a good day.

A-Spec Endurance

Grand Valley 300km: Honda HSC '03 (S)
Roadster 4 hours: Mazda 110S '68 (S)
Laguna Seca 200 miles: Infinity Coupe Concept '06 (P)
Indy 500: XJ13 Race Car '66 (P)
Suzuka 1000km: Nissan GT-R Concept LM race car (S)
Nurburgring 4h: Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 (S)
Tsukuba 9h: HKS CT230R '08 (P)
Le Mans 24h: Audi R8 Race Car (Audio Playstation Team Oreca) ´05 (S)
Nurburgring 24h: Audi R10 TDI '06 (P)
Endurance Events Complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 24

Everything in this link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134047

Hello friend praiano! :)

Nice to come back here and see that your great work is going in the rails again!
Just tried those Golden Age Cars and what a brilliant job ;) You made them shine a lot more! Specially that Ford GT40!
Great cars, great tunes! Keep it going man, fishing and gt5 is the way! :D

Hello friend praiano! :)

Nice to come back here and see that your great work is going in the rails again!
Just tried those Golden Age Cars and what a brilliant job ;) You made them shine a lot more! Specially that Ford GT40!
Great cars, great tunes! Keep it going man, fishing and gt5 is the way! :D

Thanks a lot my friend, tonight i will race the GT40 and principally the Jag XJ13 online at the ring. There is a lot of road cars rooms but just a few for race cars. I'll open one 625pp/racing soft tires on nordschleife around 23h GMT.
Anybody is invited ,come with your faster modern race car to race against my Jag '66. Then i'll see really what this fast old english bolid have under the hood.

><((((°> °°°°°°°

I'm packing already for a biking trip.. only thursday, maybe wednesday i will be at home to play again.. :/ maybe then we could do that praiano ;)

HONDA NSX TYPE R '02 // ONLINE OK

yzuDHRPMF26gTjqRvM_0.jpg

WUIGBEtGPJF7dnYtpB_0.jpg

Pictures by slowGTR

Tuned to the max , all tracks Online or Offline.

Weight reduction 3
window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Chassis reinforcement. (Old car, it had one allready ,but it's ok for NSX)
Aerodynamic kit
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning 3
Sport intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sport exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter
Titanium racing exhaust

Transmission how to process:
1- Select .reset to default
2- final gear at 4.235
3- Select top speed at 350 km/h = 217 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2.851
2: 2.026
3: 1.540
4: 1.212
5: 0.986
6: 0.829

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 337 km/h = 209 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track (if necessary) and do fine tune (if necessary)

power 458 hp
weight 1051 kg
perf. points 559 pp

Downforce 00/20

LSD Rear 14/24/08

Ride Height -25/-20

Spring Rate 12.8/10.2
Extension 9/8
Compression 8/7
Anti-roll bars 1/2

Camber 2.0/2.2
Toe +0.08/+0.10

Brake Balance 8/6
tires: Sport soft tires.

Enjoy.

Picture is not my speciality, so my friend slowGTR from Orlando FL decided to help me sending this wonderfull pics from the NSX R '02.
If some of you have a good picture for me to add or replace on my tunes, it will be a pleasure for me to publish it.
Thanks for this.

#Jaguar XJ13 race car '66. This one is the faster race car of the quartet. The tune have harder springs,very sharp ,ready for a very hard battle with any modern race car. One of the best car of the game. I've tune it to race and win, it's a little bit sharper than the others but it stay easy to control any situation.

jagxj13.jpg

I've finished the first test,Nurburgring Nordschleife 620pp -R3 tires- Grid start.
The jag is very fast and very safe. It's 6'10" in this configuration and is able to face any top race car same PP ,but with style... a lot of old english style. Yes sir. :)👍
><((((°> °°°°°°°°

EDIT: 600pp =6'18 / 620pp = 6'10 / 640pp = 6'05"

Last edited:
Hi Praiano and tks for the advise.
Pls tell me, for the 20.000.000 wich one is worth it: the Ferrari 330 or the Ford Mark IV.
After that my goal will probably be the Lambo Miura. Is it worth the 12.000.000?

Best

Hi Praiano and tks for the advise.
Pls tell me, for the 20.000.000 wich one is worth it: the Ferrari 330 or the Ford Mark IV.
After that my goal will probably be the Lambo Miura. Is it worth the 12.000.000?

Best

Hi, for me between the Ferrari 330 or the Ford Mark IV , i prefer the ferrari, just because of the gears. 4 gears is not enough in some situations on tracks with slower sections.
Have a good day.

praiano63
Hi, this are the modifications i would make to your tune to let it more performant. I don't think a car with more than 640 PP is made to be driven with comfort tires , but i've test comfort soft and it's still OK.

Don't have any idea how it drive with DS3..

This was actually faster offline than my tune, even detuned to 345 hp, however online it still didn't work for me. But finally I made few adjustments and now it's very good, no stupid oversteer anymore!
I still don't understand why, but big improvement, I'll post my changes later . Many thanks your setup suggestion was very useful praiano . 👍 :)

This was actually faster offline than my tune, even detuned to 345 hp, however online it still didn't work for me. But finally I made few adjustments and now it's very good, no stupid oversteer anymore!
I still don't understand why, but big improvement, I'll post my changes later . Many thanks your setup suggestion was very useful praiano . 👍 :)

You're welcome, good if it help you.

Back