Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
That Lister Storm is one of my favorite cars but it was just too slow to seriously use it with stock settings. It has more PP and HP than most GT500-cars but it was slower anyway. Did your tune change this, or is it still that slow?

Do you know the story from the hare and the turtle ???? Don't believe this , it's b****it . Bet on the hare always.

The Lister Storm with my tune ,at least in my opinion is a better car , a little bit faster, very good to drive, this was my goal, but still a slow car. EDIT: Just to have an idea the GT40 '69 is faster 5 seconds on the ring with only 600pp.

Enjoy your drive.

tortueenigme.png

Last edited:
Praiano

Which of your BMW 3 series or M3 is kind to drive? I am not so great a driver yet.
Want a car I can stay in the race using. I use your Lotus Evora and it is very good for me to drive.

Praiano

Which of your BMW 3 series or M3 is kind to drive? I am not so great a driver yet.
Want a car I can stay in the race using. I use your Lotus Evora and it is very good for me to drive.

The CSL is like a go kart with race tires is ok at 550 PP , easy and fast, with sport soft or hard at 500PP with the second tune. also very easy (for a fast car with good chance to win any road car race same PP)

The 330I also is OK. GTR is more technical to drive.

Enjoy.

Do you know the story from the hare and the turtle ???? Don't believe this , it's b****it . Bet on the hare always.

The Lister Storm with my tune ,at least in my opinion is a better car , a little bit faster, very good to drive, this was my goal, but still a slow car. EDIT: Just to have an idea the GT40 '69 is faster 5 seconds on the ring with only 600pp.

Enjoy your drive.

tortueenigme.png

Well, too bad, I hoped for another answer but I still really like this car and I thank you a lot for your tune, it even is the first tune on GTP for this car.

Well, too bad, I hoped for another answer but I still really like this car and I thank you a lot for your tune, it even is the first tune on GTP for this car.

Yes , i just answer to your question , of course you can still like this car, it's a very good car with awesome reactions at the wheel. It's just slower as the other, not so much ,but enough to loose race against most of the others race cars. You say this "It has more PP and HP than most GT500-cars but it was slower anyway" and you're right, but it's still a good car , if GT was only the faster one, don't need more than 1000 cars. :)👍.
This is one of my best car, i drive it all the time :ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 1600 DUETO ‘66 . I can tell you it's very far to be the fastest car. But i like it.

Have a good night.

><((((°> °°°°°°

Hope you don't mind but i borrowed you're Masarati Gran Turismo :sly: ( the tune for Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" ) ,
now i ain't much into the sports tires stuff seeing it is a step to high for me but taking it to Monza i was really surprised on the stabilaty of the car on those kind of tires . I mean as far as the engine goes it is a Masarati so you can do much there and well the gearbox is as useall top notch but it is actually fun to drive . Much more difficult then racingsofts obviously but this has caught my intrest , i will have to test it online so i'll be putting the tune on my own gran turismo .
It defenatly has caught the Gran Turismo feeling . very stable , fast but not supercar fast , and fun to drive . 👍

oh and even tho a 1.44.xxx might not be considerd fast by some
with my controller and lack of skills on sports softs i find it a good time after just a couple of laps ( 8 laps ) and there is still a lot of room for improvement when i would not make the litle mistakes

conclusion : it's fun :sly:

Hope you don't mind but i borrowed you're Masarati Gran Turismo :sly: ( the tune for Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" ) ,
now i ain't much into the sports tires stuff seeing it is a step to high for me but taking it to Monza i was really surprised on the stabilaty of the car on those kind of tires . I mean as far as the engine goes it is a Masarati so you can do much there and well the gearbox is as useall top notch but it is actually fun to drive . Much more difficult then racingsofts obviously but this has caught my intrest , i will have to test it online so i'll be putting the tune on my own gran turismo .
It defenatly has caught the Gran Turismo feeling . very stable , fast but not supercar fast , and fun to drive . 👍

oh and even tho a 1.44.xxx might not be considerd fast by some
with my controller and lack of skills on sports softs i find it a good time after just a couple of laps ( 8 laps ) and there is still a lot of room for improvement when i would not make the litle mistakes

conclusion : it's fun :sly:

Thanks, very good point that you confirm it work with controler. It's very important for me because i don't have how to check. I don't know how to drive with this anymore. Very good time 1'44".... It's a good car, i love the lighter version . I think this one also work well without the extra KG.

👍👍

I would like to try some tunes from RJ , the Professor , but i dont know where to find them ... who can tell me the name of is Garage ? TYVM

ciccillo71
I would like to try some tunes from RJ , the Professor , but i dont know where to find them ... who can tell me the name of is Garage ? TYVM

RJ is Rotary Junkie, he's part of the RKM garage.

MCLAREN MP4-12C '10 // 600PP & 625PP // ONLINE OK

The turbo version without engine stage allow to cover the 600pp 6'25" on Nurburgring nordschleife and 625pp range 6'20" both racing cruising speed.
I've tested the chassis reinforcement with a second car and i prefer without, but not bad with too. I try also to put max power on this tune but it simply don't support more HP , not faster full power at least on the ring. Seems that 625PP is the good limit for this car with a weak aerodownforce.

bHLwWYbmvBiWvYhsoco_0.jpg

mp4600.jpg

Thanks to my friend "Spirithockey61" for this crazy TOE settings, it make the difference.
xXc5eUlDNBLsfbTJo4Q_0.jpg

mp4625.jpg

bsiwahevfYOWv27lHQr_0.jpg

Pictures by slowGTR.

Just to hel with the gearbox, sorry for the quality.

Enjoy ><((((°> °°°°°°°°°°.

Last edited:
This car is an absolute joy to watch in replays! And now even better to drive ;) Thanks Praiano!

You're welcome , yes you say it, "better" ,not perfect but very good to drive with chance to compete and win some races.
:)👍

I have what you have installed and I get 602Hp/7600 rpm. I also can't get those gears from 5th up.

I have no engine and no turbo. How you get 7100 rpm?

MCLAREN MP4-12C '10

I have what you have installed and I get 602Hp/7600 rpm. I also can't get those gears from 5th up.

I have no engine and no turbo. How you get 7100 rpm?

MCLAREN MP4-12C '10

I have 300km a fresh change oil and engine overhaul. Really don't know .. how many PP for this?? Did you add the ballast on? and aero 28??

I have 300km a fresh change oil and engine overhaul. Really don't know .. how many PP for this?? Did you add the ballast on? and aero 28??

Mine is brand new.

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Sports Exhaust
Full custom tranny
Adjustable LSD
Full custom suspension

Max Power 602 hp/7600 rpm
PP 590

Got the aero in and the weight ballast on.

Mine is brand new.

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Sports Exhaust
Full custom tranny
Adjustable LSD
Full custom suspension

Max Power 602 hp/7600 rpm
PP 590

Got the aero in and the weight ballast on.

Do any Bspec race like laguna seca ,to brake the car . After change the oil and engine overhaull. Or put more parts and turbo to reach 600pp, just don't put engine stage. Or wait to break the car driving.... That's the only way.:)👍

Brilliant tune Praiano! I absolutely love this car! Had a couple of tunes already applied to the MP4-12C, but this one is far superior! I've only got it at about 580PP. Didn't put any wings on it as I hate to spoil to look of this car, and it still grips very well! Bravo, Bravo :cheers:

Check out my Autoart Gallery link below for some pictures of the MP4-12C

Brilliant tune Praiano! I absolutely love this car! Had a couple of tunes already applied to the MP4-12C, but this one is far superior! I've only got it at about 580PP. Didn't put any wings on it as I hate to spoil to look of this car, and it still grips very well! Bravo, Bravo :cheers:

Check out my Autoart Gallery link below for some pictures of the MP4-12C

Thanks, i think this is the best range of PP for this car , from 580 to 625 ,600pp the most adapted . Over 625pp the car change a lot and there is no significant gain in lap time. This is what this tune support. His 00/00 ride height and soft springs are letting the car very all around, very good also on circuit like suzuka or similar track.
Have a good day.

For the MCLAREN MP4-12C '10, 2 good reasons to use turbo 3 instead the engine 3 stage for 625PP tune.

1- you can take out the turbo more others part to be able to go down to 600PP with the same car. Impossible with engine tuning without using a big % of power limiter.

2-You will have more power at high rpm with the turbo 625PP at. The 7 gears allow to explore all this extra HP where they are.

I've tested the two options, the performance is identic , but the car seems to have a better control with the turbo together with close gears staying in high RPM.

With turbo 3
sany0119r.jpg

With engine 3
sany0117g.jpg

MCLAREN MP4-12C '10 // 600PP & 625PP // ONLINE OK

The turbo version without engine stage allow to cover the 600pp 6'25" on Nurburgring nordschleife and 625pp range 6'20" both racing cruising speed.
I've tested the chassis reinforcement with a second car and i prefer without, but not bad with too. I try also to put max power on this tune but it simply don't support more HP , not faster full power at least on the ring. Seems that 625PP is the good limit for this car with a weak aerodownforce.

bHLwWYbmvBiWvYhsoco_0.jpg

m4600.jpg

Thanks to my friend "Spirithockey61" for this crazy TOE settings, it make the difference.
xXc5eUlDNBLsfbTJo4Q_0.jpg

mp4625.jpg

bsiwahevfYOWv27lHQr_0.jpg

Pictures by slowGTR.
Enjoy ><((((°> °°°°°°°°°°.

i cant believe how good this thing is. it's like a enzo and a 458 italia mixed into one british car.about as quick as a enzo and handle like a 458 italia but with more understeer

i cant believe how good this thing is. it's like a enzo and a 458 italia mixed into one british car.about as quick as a enzo and handle like a 458 italia but with more understeer

Thanks, yes it's a good car ,a good evolution since my first tune for this car. It's not over, there is still a lot of room , can be better. Together with some others in the game,like RUF yellow bird or shelby cobra, they are difficult tunes that never end to progress. At this stage , it can at least compete with the best cars of this range. Not yet with the 458 , but i want to go there. Step by step...
Have a good day or night.

MCLAREN MP4-12C '10 600pp

I'll try to keep it short ....
Mclaren -- Spa Francorchamps -- 1.15.585

the end ....

yeah you wish :P

Seriously , i never really liked the Mclaren much , not a fun car to drive , fast yes but the handling was a nightmare :yuck: . It was one of those useless cars you just had to have . Maybe you could take it to a meeting but the functionality ended there .
So i was very pleased to see you invested time into this car , seeing you seem to have a gift for tuning these cars :bowdown: , thats said i just had to try it .
Taking a break from my new found sport soft hot lap addiction :scared: ( wich i aint that good in but its still fun ) i decided to take it to Spa Francorchamps .

Spa Francorchamps is an ideal testing track in my opinion , long straights combinded with slow and fast corners making cornering speed , top speed , acceleration and braking all equally important .
So i consider it a very well balanced track .

Untill now the 600pp range has been dominated by the 458Italia , and for me it was ( yes was , i'll explain why ) my top notch car . I tried a lot of cars at 600pp going from the Lotus Esprit 350 sport to all the ferrari's , merc's , lambo's well you get the point i tested a lot of them .
Yet i always came back to the 458Italia .
When you do a Street-car race at 600pp half of the starting grid is this car .

Now i took the Mclaren out , slapped it silly with you're tune and loaded an online lobby . I always keep track of my online laptimes on Spa Francorchamps . Now the with the ferrari 458Italia my lap-record at 600pp stands at 1.16.378 wich i consider a very good run for a driver with my medium skills .
When i race i manage to qualify in the top 25% pretty much all the time .
So when i finishd lap 3 with the MClaren you can understand my shock when i saw 1.15.585 :eek: . Yes only 3 laps with this car and i was almost a second faster then a car i had been using for a long time .

This car does not feel dangerous when driving , then again it ain't a comfortable sunday cruiser either . It is a beast , with a fluffy side :crazy: .

As fasr as cornering speed goes it is just a little slower then the 458 , but acceleration is a little faster . But the braking of this car is godlike , i can easely brake almost 2 to 3 meters later ( i don't think 4 but then again that is detailed stuff and my patience level is not that high to start doing calculation with the replay's if i could take em online ) . Every Racer knows 2 to 3 meters is a lot , wich means this car in online racers can outbreak a ferrai 458 . And that is impressive .
The gears , well it is pointless to comment on these seeing as useall they are top notch no delay and always right on the spot .

There is only one thing i don't like about the car as is . The sound :yuck: , but ill have a look into a little exhaust change but that is personal .

In the end .... This is an superb tune .
👍👍👍👍👍/5
It is worldclass .
Thank you for this .

ps : these tests we're done with a controll-pad , automatic gearbox , abs1 everything else off , and no cutting corners :P and a medium skilled driver , some people might run this car faster and might not be impressed by my laptimes but i am and thats whats important :P .

DaDog

Now i took the Mclaren out , slapped it silly with you're tune and loaded an online lobby .

In the end .... This is an superb tune.

Sorry for the harsh edit. It's to save time for others. :)

Great review. I enjoyed reading this very much. Keep this up sir.

I know they are walls of text :( , i really try to keep em short but when i press submit reply they are always 5 times as long as i plannend :embarrassed:

DaDog
I know they are walls of text :( , i really try to keep em short but when i press submit reply they are always 5 times as long as i plannend :embarrassed:

I have no issue with the length. It was great to me. I just didn't want to quote for the whole post, then need to scroll through. It reads well and needs to be read in its complete form. Well done.

many compliments Praiano , this mclaren mp4 is one of your best tune , the car is surprising faster and safe than before , and thanks DaDog for the review , i will try do do the same with Monza

There is only one thing i don't like about the car as is . The sound :yuck: , but ill have a look into a little exhaust change but that is personal .
EDIT: For the sound ,just don't do the engine overhaul after braking the car, just change oil, and you'll be able to use a titanium racing exhaust without using so much power limiter.... I just don't let the stock because it's difficult to hear the right RPM moment to shift with it...

In the end .... This is an superb tune .
👍👍👍👍👍/5
It is worldclass .
Thank you for this .

One more great review , thanks a lot my friend. Very good this car work so well at SPA. I have the DLC and a new CD since yesterday, but not 1 minute to play till tuesday. The MP4 was tuned at Suzuka like most of my cars , but tested and fine tune on more than 8 tracks. It's a very good all around car but like i say above ,there is still room for a small evolution, we are getting close.
Great job ,thanks again.

I have no issue with the length. It was great to me. I just didn't want to quote for the whole post, then need to scroll through. It reads well and needs to be read in its complete form. Well done.

many compliments Praiano , this mclaren mp4 is one of your best tune , the car is surprising faster and safe than before , and thanks DaDog for the review , i will try do do the same with Monza

Thanks to everybody. Good to know my hobby let people like you all enjoy more this fantastic game. This is a good motivation for me to tune all the cars. Now with the (for me) new DLC, more tunes are to come. Just the time will be short for me those next weeks. Lot of job, some few hollydays, travel to Brasil to see my family.... But i'll come back full gas ,i promess .

Thanks again, have a good day everybody.

Last edited:
Back