Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The race results for the wildcard race have been posted. I also posted the points standings for tomorrows race on the same page as the Laguna Results. 👍

Edit: The difference in points from 5th trough 12th is only 9 points. :eek:
Ugh! If it wasn't for my DC, I would be 5th. :ouch:

I calculated the delta time for a pit stop at Laguna. It's between 22-24 seconds depending on your lap times on old tires.

On a related note, Adam was in the room for a while and he ran a 1:33.3, but noted he feels like a 32 is out there.

Last edited:
race_info_laguna.png

To elaborate on the pit entry note, there are two key points.

1. Slow Down
2. Keep the car to the outside on pit entry

On the first, the car must be slowed down enough so that the car will not only clear the wall directly ahead but also when the car makes the bend. The latter doesn't hurt as much, though.

For the second, if you angle the car incorrectly and it cuts the inside curbing at the bend, the car WILL RESET BACK TO PIT ENTRY. You all have been warned.

1. Slow Down

On the first, the car must be slowed down enough so that the car will not only clear the wall directly ahead but also when the car makes the bend. The latter doesn't hurt as much, though.

For the second, if you angle the car incorrectly and it cuts the inside curbing at the bend, the car WILL RESET BACK TO PIT ENTRY. You all have been warned.

Yes, 1st gear, be very careful. Losing 1s taking your time on entry is better than losing 20 with a drive through bug. Especially in a long race where you actually want those tires you'll be driving past.

Yes, 1st gear, be very careful. Losing 1s taking your time on entry is better than losing 20 with a drive through bug. Especially in a long race where you actually want those tires you'll be driving past.

I did that 2 times just today in a race :dunce:

1. Slow Down

I meant to post this the other day. Another thing I saw the other day was I screwed up the pit entry, it reset me to the entry, but then it just drove right past my stall and out of the pits without stopping, so I had to pit again the next lap. I had the first pit stall if that makes a difference.

I just thought I would say that I'm not going to race tomorrow...I'm just not mentally up to do that sort of thing right now. I don't know if someone takes my place or something...if not I could be in the room and save the replay for pictures...or someone could send it to me after. If people want them.

i just thought i would say that i'm not going to race tomorrow...i'm just not mentally up to do that sort of thing right now. I don't know if someone takes my place or something...if not i could be in the room and save the replay for pictures...or someone could send it to me after. If people want them.

:(

suzuka. Definitely was not expecting that.

:D

x

It was so funny when it was time to reset track for qualifying and RT chooses Suzuka with Weather. Some got scared :lol:

Alright, this is it, Championship Race today!! :cheers: This is what we have all been working so hard for. Today, the men will be separated from the boys. :D Man, Im already feeling it, Im already pumped up!!

Alright, this is it, Championship Race today!! :cheers: This is what we have all been working so hard for. Today, the men will be separated from the boys. :D Man, Im already feeling it, Im already pumped up!!

Get some sleep buddy! You were just up and driving a few hours ago man.:crazy:
I could use a nap.

Nepalii found Biffys stash of drugs he used for 3D3 :lol:. "Im already pumped up!!" is what Biffy said after taking them too :P.

Sure, say that when Biffy realises his stash is gone which was for FMSC :P.

:lol: Green been sniffing baking power off your ironing board I see :P.

Sorry it's late notice but not going to make the final today - would love to, but I'm just not up to an 1h20 race right now, really knackered after kart testing today. Lack of concentration due to tiredness will mean I'll be more of a hindrance to the race than anything else, and Laguna is a track which punishes lack of concentration big time!

Best of luck to all involved!

Hehe just excited for the race :D it's gona be epic, just hope I can keep up I feel abit slow I've only hit a 1'33 twice not confident about achieving a high grid postion thats for sure. Hopefully if I stay consistant through the race I'll make up for that, just glad to be involved in the race tbh :lol: yipiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

So yeah, 1:17 PM Eastern Time, now getting my FIRST PRACTICE ON THE TRACK. LOL!!!

Just gonna do the best I can at this one. What is different about the qualifying procedure for this race?

Thanks!

Man, I have just realized how tough it really is to do 52 laps at Laguna. I have no idea whether to do 2 or 3 stops. Oh well... I think the pits and tires are going to decide the race.

Edit: Just read reports of disconnections by the PURE drivers. Oh geez, please GT5 NOT today! Spare me today please!! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back