Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
I like to comment and appreciate your time and effort to share setup/tuneup for us. Ive play all Gran Turismo series for at least 10 years or so. Im no beginner. I drive fast. Ive tuned. In another word I know how to tune or setup the cars(To my style drive). Some of your tuneup had taught me even surprise me. In 10 years Ive seen many others tuneup(Most) is bad. Your came very nicely and wise and educate. I felt oblige and want to express Thank you and you are good!

Thanks, I'll try it after I get off of work later today and then post sometime later to you how well it works with the new update.

Hi, don't forget to check the gears ratios, must be like this.. It's correct now.

Transmission how to process: “OK”
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3444 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 360 km/h = 223,7 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2910
2: 1949
3: 1475
4: 1157
5: 0940
6: 0788

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 340 km/h = 211,3 mph

Select and tune the final gear to adapt the top speed to the track. Don't touch the top speed again, if not you'll have to set it all again.

Enjoy your drive.

I like to comment and appreciate your time and effort to share setup/tuneup for us. Ive play all Gran Turismo series for at least 10 years or so. Im no beginner. I drive fast. Ive tuned. In another word I know how to tune or setup the cars(To my style drive). Some of your tuneup had taught me even surprise me. In 10 years Ive seen many others tuneup(Most) is bad. Your came very nicely and wise and educate. I felt oblige and want to express Thank you and you are good!

Thanks a lot for this kind words, hope we can race together online one day. There is still a lot of good cars to discover and tune in this game. I will do my best for anybody have a pleasant drive with them.
Have a good day, merry christmas and a happy new year 2012 for you and your family.

Dear praiano, I'm just dropping in to say thank you for your great tunes. You have done a great Job and let me enjoy the Game much more. I whish you and your familiy a merry christmas! Greetings from Germany!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you .. ><((((°> °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Praiano's Tunes.

mrcatnatal2011benicio02.jpg

It's hard to find words to express just how much your tunes have meant to this old man in my enjoyment of Gran Turismo! There are so many cars that I didn't like to drive that I now love with your Tunes! Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Pete

NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC (R33) '97 // 550PP // ONLINE OK

One more nissan Skyline ? Yes , a premium one that have to be here in a good place. The car is not exceptional but it's still fast at 550PP, 6'43" cruising at the ring ,online grid start, and have a very good evolution too on small track ,power slide easy to do. I'll not say drift, because i don't know how to do this, but "power slide" help to be faster on certain kind of turns.
Have fun.

circuitdespafrancorchamp.jpg

nissangtrr3397.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
It's hard to find words to express just how much your tunes have meant to this old man in my enjoyment of Gran Turismo! There are so many cars that I didn't like to drive that I now love with your Tunes! Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Pete

Thanks a lot my young old friend, i see you live close to a city i want to visit ,perhaps you know i'm crazy about multihulls sailboats and there is a lot there in Norfolk, i want to go there one day.... This is the place to be for me like Le mans is for who like cars.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year, i wish you and your family health ,happiness and peace for 2012.
Have a good christmas day.

NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC (R33) '97 // 550PP // ONLINE OK
r3397.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Goodday my friend , about this car i think you made a typo . with full weight reduction ( stage 3 / window / hood ) my car comes down to 1247 kg with a 55 / 45 weight distribution .

however when i put 112kg at +50 i get my 50/50 weight distribution but i still "only" get to 1359kg total weight .

Just trying to make sure , and yes i rechecked the car / model 3 times before posting :D

Goodday my friend , about this car i think you made a typo . with full weight reduction ( stage 3 / window / hood ) my car comes down to 1247 kg with a 55 / 45 weight distribution .

however when i put 112kg at +50 i get my 50/50 weight distribution but i still "only" get to 1359kg total weight .

Just trying to make sure , and yes i rechecked the car / model 3 times before posting :D

You're totaly right my friend, thanks for this, it's correct now. 123 kg ballast position +50.

:):)👍👍

><((((°> °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You're totaly right my friend, thanks for this, it's correct now. 123 kg ballast position +50.

:):)👍👍

><((((°> °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

No worries , glad to be able to help ,

with that said , i took the skyline for a quick trip to the track .

First the nurburgring , but do to the lack of skill from the driver i do not wish to comment on this seeing my 7.12.xxx isn't really something to talk about :P

Deep forest however was a different story ,
This car is pretty fast , it did feel a bit lose tho . 1.13.xxx 's weren't a problem for this car , yet i did feel especially in the sharper slower corners a little bit of understeer when trying to push the car even harder in the persuit of 1.12.xxx , i am not sure if this car in my hands can manage a 1.11.xxx tho , while normally racers say if the car feels lose it is faster , on a short track it feels a little to loose .

However Spa Francorchamps was a different story , i only did a 5 laps stint here but that was enough to see the potential of this car . it is fast , really fast . not having broken in the car , and not taking the time to get to know the car i managed a very nice 2.18.006 .
with those times the car becomes an instant podium competitor in you're average 550pp online race on this track .

For all my 550pp testing i use you're Honda NSX 02 as a reference , i know the tune was for SS tires but it prove me to be the best time attack car i have in my garage for 550PP .

all in all it might not be as good / safe drive as you're 550pp audi R8 it is still fun to drive , defenatly seeing even tho we have 176 different skyline's in the game you don't see any of them in 550PP .

Merry XMAS, thanks so much for posting all this info, I'm using G27 wheel. I like daytona speed way do you have setups for this track... With the new up dates now my cars handling socks... any help with this track thanks.

Merry XMAS, thanks so much for posting all this info, I'm using G27 wheel. I like daytona speed way do you have setups for this track... With the new up dates now my cars handling socks... any help with this track thanks.

Thanks, merry christmas for you too. I drive very few on daytona oval. So i don't have tune specific for this track. Sorry.

Have a good night.

I'm very upset about PD and this new tire wear , it seems that it does not affect all the cars the same way.

I was racing online , grip real, this morning 550PP racing soft on Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Ferrari 458 italia // BMW M3 Coupé // Alfa romeo C8 Competizione.
All the 3 cars tuned with medium springs , low BAR , no excessive TOE...

Almost impossible to finish 1 lap with 2 of them.

- BMW M3 Coupé = eat 80% front tires and 90% rear tires. (No way to drive it) very bad

-Alfa romeo C8 Competizione = eat 70% front tires and 60% rear tires.( No way to drive fast). bad

-Ferrari 458 italia = eat 30% front tires and 40% rear tires. (Still good to drive fast) good

All this with no late braking or nothing exagerate for the tires. Only a good fast racing cruising speed.

This is totally crazy. For me this kill the game because some few cars ,i don't know how much for the moment, have a better tire wear (a lot more) than others without any reasons for this in this proportions.

Tire wear can be good in specific races with the same car , if not , it will be not fair at all.

yeah, I dont know what they did with last update, but NONE of my cars drive the same anymore. The steering is all screwed up and it seems tire wear is a mess.

:(

AUDI R10 TDI RACE CAR '06 // 700PP // ONLINE OK.

I tune this car because it was a nightmare to drive even slowly. Now it's easy , almost no oversteer at acceleration , and it's smooth to handle. But stay concentrate on your direction and throttle. This is a race car not a "fiat panda".
Anyway, my goal was to let it easy, as fast as possible with comfort for the driver. Even like this, it's 1'45" at Suzuka and 5'43" on the Nurburgring Nordschleife online. Good on GVS or any other track i've tested.

audir10rc.jpg

suzukacircuit6k.jpg

AEt89e8jKuZsvUFZe63_0.jpg

Black & white pictures by slowGTR.
ModrWdcU8aF7HY4k2q_0.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

damn this thing handles pretty good. tested it on circuit de la sarthe for 24 hours of le mans. nice tune. thanks.

Thank you for your effort in tuning. You have a great hindsight to how a car should handle.
It blends nicely with my style. I use you race tunes for drifting with a little tweak here and there, but you are awesome keep it up. Happy new year.

RENAULT SPORT CLIO RENAULT SPORT 2.0 16V '02 // 450PP // ONLINE OK

A great FF car , more fast than a lot 450PP all drivetrain. Must have this car 100% in your garage.

eigernordwandshorttrackd.jpg

clio2l.jpg

eigernordwandshorttrackr.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Happy Holidays! On this tune is the front ride height +25 or -25? Thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays! On this tune is the front ride height +25 or -25? Thanks in advance.

Hello my friend, it's a positive number, +25 front & -15 Rear. You read well. Very good for small track like eiger, tsukuba or toscana, this car like sequence of corners medium and low speed, it's very good for this kind of drive.
Enjoy.

Hello my friend, it's a positive number, +25 front & -15 Rear. You read well. Very good for small track like eiger, tsukuba or toscana, this car like sequence of corners medium and low speed, it's very good for this kind of drive.
Enjoy.

The reason i asked is because most of your tunes don't have this front + setting so high and i try car both ways -25 & +25 and the car for me handles much better at -25

The reason i asked is because most of your tunes don't have this front + setting so high and i try car both ways -25 & +25 and the car for me handles much better at -25

All this because my gran mother was backward...:):)👍 Polyphony Digital let GT5 a big mess after this 2.02.
Everytime they let one setting more reactive than the other.
First you was able to correct a car using the ride height, after it was the time of LSD, now it's the TOE settings that have a big influence on the car...... every update a new thing.
I'm tired of this stupids updates that don't go anywhere, without talking about tire wear , the most stupid thing they have done, impossible to make a nordschleife lap with race soft for some cars.
Anyway, i like the car with +25 front. It's not good for high speed tracks but a car can't be perfect everywhere. The best thing to do is to adapt it the way you like,you're right.
Have a good day.

It's not good for high speed tracks but a car can't be perfect everywhere.

Maybe this is the problem because i try car at Spa a high speed track.

CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 (C5) '04 // 550PP // ONLINE OK

Hello Doutor Praiano,

Just looking to the camber settings and due to the new tire wear being so high, how do you think this tune will treat tires?

Then I see racing tires as generic, is this tune good for all type of racing tires?

And finally, are you adapting all new tunes to the new tire wear? Unless you are doing this already.

You know how important you are for some of us on regards to online racing.

Moito obrigado.

Hello Doutor Praiano,

Just looking to the camber settings and due to the new tire wear being so high, how do you think this tune will treat tires?

Then I see racing tires as generic, is this tune good for all type of racing tires?

And finally, are you adapting all new tunes to the new tire wear? Unless you are doing this already.

You know how important you are for some of us on regards to online racing.

Moito obrigado.

Hi, yes my friends , the car was tuned with racing hard first for the balance of the tune,need throttle control with this tires but it's ok and fine tune with racing soft for time attack or sprint .
The tire wear is ok , the camber is a normal camber for racing tires. Low BAR and no excessive TOE do the rest. How the car will be comparing to others cars ?? i don't know ! Like i say , after the 2.02 tire wear is a mess.

This is a test i've done after 2.02:
I'm very upset about PD and this new tire wear , it seems that it does not affect all the cars the same way.

I was racing online , grip real, this morning 550PP racing soft on Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Ferrari 458 italia // BMW M3 Coupé // Alfa romeo C8 Competizione.
All the 3 cars tuned with medium springs , low BAR , no excessive TOE...

Almost impossible to finish 1 lap with 2 of them.

- BMW M3 Coupé = eat 80% front tires and 90% rear tires. (No way to drive it) very bad

-Alfa romeo C8 Competizione = eat 70% front tires and 60% rear tires.( No way to drive fast). bad

-Ferrari 458 italia = eat 30% front tires and 40% rear tires. (Still good to drive fast) good

All this with no late braking or nothing exagerate for the tires. Only a good fast racing cruising speed.

This is totally crazy. For me this kill the game because some few cars ,i don't know how much for the moment, have a better tire wear (a lot more) than others without any reasons for this in this proportions.

Tire wear can be good in specific races with the same car , if not , it will be not fair at all.

I don't know how will be the vette , need to test your car before a race, a slow car can have a very good tire wear now. Or a fast one also, look the 458, fast and don't eat tires.

Have a good night.

Back