New Acura NSX in GT5?

• Thread starter suvalle55
  • 384 comments
yeah, but you know how PD is. How long did it take for us to get the FT86 Concept II?

Haha I know but isn't the FT86 Concept II for people that bought DLC's before? I didn't get it. I don't really see the point buying the DLC for racing variants of the cars we already have. Spa Francorchamps is the only good thing in that DLC

That track with the ship yard looks great, so does the NSX. Reminds me of the "new" Lotus Esprit though for some reason.

Motor Trend has confirmed it, I made sure.

For Conformation, Goto the real Video, and read the description. MT is a legitimate car magazine

It's always weird to see extremely popular cars missing but the moment a new concept car nobody has heard of is about to be announced, it's already modeled and in the game.

Looks like they still haven't finished modelling the inside.

The windows are really dark like a standard car.

Looking forward to the new track(s).

Couple of things i'm not getting about the reaction to this video, the first is that a lot of people seem to think it only shows one track then point out "the bridge looks like HSR" etc...folks there are *several* tracks in that video, mainly ones already in the game, it's clearly not just one track.

The other thing I don't get is why everyone (including Jordan it seems) assumes this is new game content, when PD have done purely promotional videos based on GT before but not necessarily reflecting the content of the game. Didn't they do so a while back with the FT-86? In other words much as I would love to see what looks like one or more new tracks from that vid, they might have been rendered just for this vid, so it's more of an Acura Concept showcase than a preview of future GT5 content.

Couple of things i'm not getting about the reaction to this video, the first is that a lot of people seem to think it only shows one track then point out "the bridge looks like HSR" etc...folks there are *several* tracks in that video, mainly ones already in the game, it's clearly not just one track.

The other thing I don't get is why everyone (including Jordan it seems) assumes this is new game content, when PD have done purely promotional videos based on GT before but not necessarily reflecting the content of the game. Didn't they do so a while back with the FT-86? In other words much as I would love to see what looks like one or more new tracks from that vid, they might have been rendered just for this vid, so it's more of an Acura Concept showcase than a preview of future GT5 content.

Well, about the track, I strongly believe it'll be addon content because we don't have a decent test track, and all GT games had them and why they would make just a scenery, so detailed, and with distance markings on the groung and all?

I don't believe the car will come too soon, but the tracks will come in the next DLC.

Love the look of those new tracks, and cannot wait until I can get my hands on them!
As for the car, isn't it a slightly redesigned DNX/Dualnote anyway? So essentially you could say this is the first example of a standard-to-premium upgrade, lol

Yeah ... guessing that is our new Test Track
I like it

Ditto on that man, looks sweet. I honestly think, after watching the vid it is only the new revamped test track contrary to people thinking it is two new tracks featured. It looks like they just added elements to it to make it look more "next gen" like the big satellite dish and extra little details. Either way, I will be excited if we just get a new test track to be honest.

I am convinced Honda has forgotten how to build a proper car period....

Seriously they have fallen way off the new cars coming out of their factories look like disasters on wheels and have lackluster performance to say the least.

Jav
Honda died when they decided to kill the Prelude, next came the RSX/Integra platform, the death of the HSV10's development and ultimately the S2000, now we are left with a complete lineup of souless grocery getters...

Agreed... with both statements. Sucks.

I'm pretty confident it's the Test Track, but this time it may not be a simple oval. If that isn't the case, then we're looking at two different tracks if the one with the two bridge isn't part of the Tokyo Bay, long straights, and yellow incremental markings.

excited for the tracks, this Acura is kind of a let down for me, looks like the designers tried to hard to make it look "futuristic" like the Citroen GT, very clean but lacking something.

It might just be the fanboy nostalgia talking, but i don't really like the look too much, i like my old NSX design. Its like they took the Audi R8 and put some sharp edges on it, this similar design seems to be featuring a lot in this new generation of cars.

Haha I know but isn't the FT86 Concept II for people that bought DLC's before? I didn't get it. I don't really see the point buying the DLC for racing variants of the cars we already have. Spa Francorchamps is the only good thing in that DLC

I ended up buying the paint pack a second time and received it.

This thread inspired me to see what lightly used NSXs were going for. They're still pretty expensive, but at least you can find them unmodified and in good condition.... unlike RX-7s and Supras.

i am very dissapointed at acura... they DESTROYED the whole NSX Legacy of, Cheap, Lightweight, soft touched car it once was.. A shame really.. Not much of a GTR fighter.. it's Net HP (Petrol + Electric.) is to be about 400hp. I'm sure it will be high in torque.. but really? mark my words it will be well over the 100k mark. GTR is way better in my opinion..

I like the new nsx, seems prospective
Torque vectoring may benefit the cornering. And corner exit might be epic. Wonder if it ate tires too much though..
And I'm curious about the sound, it will be mixed between exhaust sound and high pitch noise from the electric motors, that would be cool.

For the track, that bridge looks like that one from highspeed ring, but this one double bridge.

Bring it on, PD !!!

For the track, that bridge looks like that one from highspeed ring, but this one double bridge.

Bring it on, PD !!!

It is high speed ring, HSR does have two bridges. Go for a spin on it again and check it out.

I'm pretty confident it's the Test Track, but this time it may not be a simple oval. If that isn't the case, then we're looking at two different tracks if the one with the two bridge isn't part of the Tokyo Bay, long straights, and yellow incremental markings.
It's really hard to tell if that track is one long oval, because it gets kind of wobbly in the distance. I'm hoping it's a Test Track Complex, maybe with Complex String on the side or something, at least two "courses," even if one of them is simply a long straight.

Still pulling hard for Classic GT Track Packs one of these DLCs. ;) Oh, and if you like the idea, click the link to the Feedback Forum suggestion in my sig and vote on it.

Does anyone realize how long the new test track will be? Oh and this also points out the obvious fact that these pics are both from the same track. :P

wBMgB.png

ytgOh.png

Back