Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Ah, no need, I just drove it again. I knew that car drove too well for someone with so little experience with 4WD…turns out, yes, it has huge grip, but all the fun I experiences was on off throttle and I need to learn how to manage the slides, it slides like the rear wheels are on ice…

I learnt my lesson after driving Dragonthing's ACR…had me hospitalised for a bit when it bounced me off the track (literally straight off) at 180+mph.

Ohh yea.

Oh hush, you love it Onboi :D best Vipah tune I've tried so far...and not just because it's mine! :dopey:

Oh hush, you love it Onboi :D best Vipah tune I've tried so far...and not just because it's mine! :dopey:

I don't. I hate it. It hates me. :( It's the only car I've tested so far which has actually tried to harm me in an active way. :lol: Which is why I'm going to test it again! :D

Onboy123
I don't. I hate it. It hates me. :( It's the only car I've tested so far which has actually tried to harm me in an active way. :lol: Which is why I'm going to test it again! :D

You really should try it on another track...without huge hills ;)

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Alfa Romeo, Spider 3.0I V6 24V '01, "Tough Love"

Descriptive te
D.jpg

Alaska2028Snow29.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Raspberry Red Pearl (by Mitsubishi)
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing RE30 (painted Lavender Metallic by Suzuki)
Aerodynamic Kit: Wing A
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: No
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Stock
Turbo Kit: -
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Soft, Dirt & Snow (Can use any tire from Comfort Soft to Racing Soft)

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 0, Rear 7
Ballast: 52kg at +50
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.000
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.780,
2nd=2.070,
3rd=1.610,
4th=1.330,
5th=1.120,
6th=0.950
5) Set Final gear to 3.300
Should display an indicated top speed of 169mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 18, Acceleration 14, Braking 7
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.0, Rear 1.2
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front +5, Rear -10
Spring Rate Front 14.8, Rear 10.8
Dampers (Extension) Front 9, Rear 5
Dampers (Compression) Front 8, Rear 4
Anti-Roll Bars Front 3, Rear 4
Brakes Front 6, Rear 8

The car has 475PP, weighs 1,260Kg with a 58/42 front/rear weight distribution, has 345HP and produces 298ft-lb torque@5,400rpm with a 7,400rpm redline.

Note: This car is a good choice to drive with an automatic transmission as there is little drop in power between peak and redline.

Note 2: Turned consistent mid 1:14s on Eiger Nordwand W trail and good drivers should improve on that. However, on smoother gravel tracks like those in the A-Spec Intermediate Gran Turismo Rally Special Events it seems to lack grip. Shows surprisingly good traction and performance on snow.

Note 3: Adding the ECU Tuning & Titanium Racing Exhaust gets 399HP, 319ft-lbs torque and 494PP.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos
D-1.jpg

Alaska2028Snow29-1.jpg

Alaska2028Snow29-2.jpg

Last edited:
What is a "Descriptive te"? :P
It's what you get when you spend the better part of two hours writing up a tune only to have the internet crash on you and take the entire browser with it just before you paste in the final photo link, forcing you to redo the whole 🤬 🤬 thing again!:mad:

So 🤬 sue me for not doing my writeup before I 🤬 posted the rest of the tune with the pics!:crazy::drool::crazy:

Can't even connect long enough now to send the 🤬 car to Dragonthing!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I like how you two have quoted me at the same time. :lol:

…sadly. :(
I'm sure Ongirl123 is out there somewhere. You just have to find her... and not creep her out. :P
It's what you get when you spend the better part of two hours writing up a tune only to have the internet crash on you and take the entire browser with it just before you paste in the final photo link, forcing you to redo the whole 🤬 :censured: thing again!:mad:

So :censured: sue me for not doing my writeup before I :censured: posted the rest of the tune with the pics!:crazy::drool::crazy:

Can't even connect long enough now to send the :censured: car to Dragonthing!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Use Word or Notepad or something. Then you can just paste it into a post and click submit without worrying about your browser failing you. 👍

Oh, that's Dragonthing's Valentine's present eh? You ol' romantic you. :P

Use Word or Notepad or something. Then you can just paste it into a post and click submit without worrying about your browser failing you. 👍

I'm stuck using just my cellphone for this 🤬 stuff. Trust me if I had a computer and a real internet connection things would go a lot smoother around here!:crazy::drool:

I like how you two have quoted me at the same time. :lol:

I'm sure Ongirl123 is out there somewhere. You just have to find her... and not creep her out. :P

We work in synchronization in the cafe. :lol:

Meh…I hope so…

You can have Word on a phone?

He's from the 1800's, what do you think? :lol: Though a Spider Duetto or whatever it is would be quite a nice car to tune as well…

I'm stuck using just my cellphone for this 🤬 stuff. Trust me if I had a computer and a real internet connection things would go a lot smoother around here!:crazy::drool:
Maybe you should put that plane ticket to the UK to the side and buy a small laptop or something first? :P:P:P
We work in synchronization in the cafe. :lol:

Meh…I hope so…

You can have Word on a phone?

He's from the 1800's, what do you think? :lol: Though a Spider Duetto or whatever it is would be quite a nice car to tune as well…

Ironic then that this time you were a minute apart. :P

It'll happen dude. You just need a few more years yet. :P

There's a Notepad app, but not full blown Word.

True. :lol:

Maybe you should put that plane ticket to the UK to the side and buy a small laptop or something first? :P:P:P

Ironic then that this time you were a minute apart. :P

It'll happen dude. You just need a few more years yet. :P

There's a Notepad app, but not full blown Word.

True. :lol:

But then his flowers will die and he'll eat all the chocolate. :lol:

Traveling screws the sync up. :P

I hope...

Ohhhh, I just use something the old fart hasn't heard of, known as a computer. :P

:lol:

But then his flowers will die and he'll eat all the chocolate. :lol:

Traveling screws the sync up. :P

I hope...

Ohhhh, I just use something the old fart hasn't heard of, known as a computer. :P

:lol:

Hey!! No making fun of us old farts!!! You might learn a thing or two from us, you young pup!....

... well maybe not this old fart, but Harvey for sure :dopey:

Ok, just a quite note, the new tunes are, though quite good offline, less than good online. The DB9 just becomes a very hard to drive loose bugger and the F430 loses some of its sharp handling.

You how, what's really embarrassing is that all these big money super GT and supercars are slower online than a project car of mine with a mere 420hp…and it isn't exactly left in the dust offline either…:ouch:

Hey there, I wanted to ask something. I've seen some of the archive tunes, and I would like to see the Gruner something return to kick some butt. How's that?:)

Hey there, I wanted to ask something. I've seen some of the archive tunes, and I would like to see the Gruner something return to kick some butt. How's that?:)

Assuming Romeo Harvey is up for bringing it back, I see no problem. It should be quite something for the dragon of the forest (?) to race my 2 dragons on sport soft tyres. :D

Assuming Romeo Harvey is up for bringing it back, I see no problem. It should be quite something for the dragon of the forest (?) to race my 2 dragons on sport soft tyres. :D
Yeah its one I've been meaning to update. Really think I can make some major improvements in it while I'm at it.

Afraid it won't be for a few days though as I have an old Alfa that needs tuned to run over a pesky parrot with first.:crazy::lol:

Anyways I'm taking a GT5 holiday today and visiting Skyrim for a few hours. To pissed at the internet to be bothered with GT5 currently.

Tried sending that 🤬 Alfa to Dragonthing yesterday, first I couldn't connect then I get an error msg, then it tells me I've reached my daily limits on sends even though the car was never sent. This was all before the daily refresh. So I try logging on this morning, get my log in bonus, shows I'm connected but again gives me an error msg when I try and send the 🤬 car. Exit A-Spec reconnect try sending the car only to be told I've reached my daily limit on sends....:mad::banghead::mad:

So I'm off to kill some stuff and enjoy some nice scenery, 🤬 PD/PSN/the internet today, they can all go rot in hell for now.:crazy:

Anyways I'm taking a GT5 holiday today and visiting Skyrim for a few hours.

I used to have a connection

then I took an arrow to the knee

In other news, I was thinking about maybe finding someone for a joint tune for the Spider, actually...and when you look at the name, it makes sense.

Alfa Spider 'Duet'to. :P

Though I would wanna review it stock first. Then go on a grand tour just for kicks.

In other news, I was thinking about maybe finding someone for a joint tune for the Spider, actually...and when you look at the name, it makes sense.

Alfa Spider 'Duet'to. :P

Though I would wanna review it stock first. Then go on a grand tour just for kicks.

Hmmm…I wouldn't mind another collaboration tune, so I guess you can sign…err…the whole garage up for that. :lol:

Oh wait…a duet is for two people only. Whoops.

Hmm…Eiger, Rome, Toscana, Spa, La Sarthe, the 'Ring, that sort?

Hmm…Eiger, Rome, Toscana, Spa, La Sarthe, the 'Ring, that sort?

Quite. Except I'd start at Trial Mountain, which is totally in Scotland (Loch Ness Monster!), then probably go through everywhere you said. Now, if only Standards could do Photo Travel... :(

Quite. Except I'd start at Trial Mountain, which is totally in Scotland (Loch Ness Monster!), then probably go through everywhere you said. Now, if only Standards could do Photo Travel... :(

An Italian sports car in Scotland? What kind of grand tour is this? Take it to Monaco man, that's where it belongs. :P Yea…some don't actually look that tacky close up as well.

And I just took my Clueless shootout Duetto for a spin with the experimental settings I left on it when I ditched it, wasn't too bad at all. A tad loose on the sport softs, but really good fun. :D

An Italian sports car in Scotland? What kind of grand tour is this? Take it to Monaco man, that's where it belongs. :P Yea…some don't actually look that tacky close up as well.

Hillclimbs!!! :D And besides which, Scotland is still Europe, just a slightly more countrysidey part of it. :) But I'll cover most-all of the tracks in Europe (and anything fictional that's European-like).

Another thing with Standards - that stupid zoom limit. I ran into this problem most recently with
a review I've been planning with the GT by Citroen Race Car and the Mazda Furai Concept. With the Citroen you can get right everywhere you want. The Furai? Nope...instead, you get a limit that means you have no chance of a single close-up of it, where as with the Citroen that's fair game...terrible affliction for the Standards...

Hillclimbs!!! :D And besides which, Scotland is still Europe, just a slightly more countrysidey part of it. :) But I'll cover most-all of the tracks in Europe (and anything fictional that's European-like).

Another thing with Standards - that stupid zoom limit. I ran into this problem most recently with
a review I've been planning with the GT by Citroen Race Car and the Mazda Furai Concept. With the Citroen you can get right everywhere you want. The Furai? Nope...instead, you get a limit that means you have no chance of a single close-up of it, where as with the Citroen that's fair game...terrible affliction for the Standards...

Well, good luck getting up the hills with what little torque you have. :lol: Take it to Monza for a date with your Alfa TZ2 thingy. :D

Well, you could always take a picture as close as you can get it, crop it like hell afterward and then grab a mate who's good at photoshop and get him to sort out all the pixel issues.

Also, the little Duetto is flying! Broken into the 1:39s on Trial Mountain, it's chasing my Challenger SRT8 tuned on SH tyres! Which is still quite an accomplishment. :D

Take it to Monza for a date with your Alfa TZ2 thingy. :D

Ew, no :yuck: They're from the same make. It doesn't work. :lol: You could take a Giulia TZ2 on a date with something like an S800 RSC, or, like an Elise Sport 190 with a ZZ-S. Or an Elise 111R with a Garaiya. (Funny thing is Tommy Kaira was bought out by Autobacs in '01 to make ASL. The ZZII became the 'RS01' after the takeover)

Ew, no :yuck: They're from the same make. It doesn't work. :lol: You could take a Giulia TZ2 on a date with something like an S800 RSC, or, like an Elise Sport 190 with a ZZ-S. Or an Elise 111R with a Garaiya. (Funny thing is Tommy Kaira was bought out by Autobacs in '01 to make ASL. The ZZII became the 'RS01' after the takeover)

:lol: Err…TZ2 and with Stratos and Deutto with Europa/Elan? Oh? I didn't know that, so that's why I saw someone here refer to the Garaiya as the ASL something or other…

:lol: Err…TZ2 and with Stratos and Deutto with Europa/Elan?

Not TZ2 and Stratos. 1) they're not similar enough and b) if they're from the same country, it's either a rivalry (German saloons) or a multiple road test (say, British lightweight classics). Duetto and Elan is a good one, although the Elan I have isn't stock any more. Though I feel I might be modifying the Spider to the same level as my recent Elan tune.

'Dates' only really work if you're reviewing cars from different countries, although there are plenty of exceptions, i.e. Lexus saloons.

Not TZ2 and Stratos. 1) they're not similar enough and b) if they're from the same country, it's either a rivalry (German saloons) or a multiple road test (say, British lightweight classics). Duetto and Elan is a good one, although the Elan I have isn't stock any more. Though I feel I might be modifying the Spider to the same level as my recent Elan tune.

'Dates' only really work if you're reviewing cars from different countries, although there are plenty of exceptions, i.e. Lexus saloons.

Eh…?? Well, I think I have a stock Elan lying around…I'm not sure though…if it's stock, I'll send it to you.

Who said that? :lol: Who was so boring that they had to make that rule up? :lol:

Latest Posts

Back