AdrenaTune ~ GT500 Nissan GT R

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 151 comments
Thanks for the reply, however.
vv

So with the transmission for the takata. i set default, then set the first final but i cant get top speed of 118mph (190 kph), i have to set it to 200 kph then put in the second final and then rest. Am i doing something wrong or has there been an update that is somehow making things difficult for me ?

Anything i can do, or just roll with 200 kph.

You are correct, 124mph is the accurate Top Speed setting, not 118mph. I'll update the picture.

Adrenaline

Been looking at your tunes, and various comments on the site. I really like the method in which you (CSLACR, Motor City Hammi, Praiano and RKM) explain LSD relationships.:)

That said, your Takata Dome NSX is fantastic. I judge cars and tunes based on how they perform at the Nurburgring. I am not an expert driver. So I also judge a tune by how well it supports my driving style (or lack thereof) :crazy:

After installing your tune, I ran the ring with not one off track event.
And I drove it briskly. I've had similar success with Praiano's Lotus F1 tune. Granted the Dome NSX is a good platform out of the box. Driving it with your tune is a dramatic improvement. The tune/car makes me a better driver.
And that is the bottom line for me. Just well done dude.👍

💡
I'd like to see what you (and others I mentioned) can do with the Aventador, and the Aston Martian from the new DLC. Not asking for a tune, just waiting to see what happens with those cars.:sly:

I haven't tried tuning any older JGTC cars yet, but for what it's worth, I've never really found an LSD setting I liked for the newer NSX's. :yuck:
You may be tweaking that for a looooong time. :D

Cool, one of my favorite cars in the game. I'll give this tune a try tonight, but the '03 Takata is so brilliant in stock form that I've never messed with it.

Adrenaline

Been looking at your tunes, and various comments on the site. I really like the method in which you (CSLACR, Motor City Hammi, Praiano and RKM) explain LSD relationships.:)

That said, your Takata Dome NSX is fantastic. I judge cars and tunes based on how they perform at the Nurburgring. I am not an expert driver. So I also judge a tune by how well it supports my driving style (or lack thereof) :crazy:

After installing your tune, I ran the ring with not one off track event.
And I drove it briskly. I've had similar success with Praiano's Lotus F1 tune. Granted the Dome NSX is a good platform out of the box. Driving it with your tune is a dramatic improvement. The tune/car makes me a better driver.
And that is the bottom line for me. Just well done dude.👍

💡
I'd like to see what you (and others I mentioned) can do with the Aventador, and the Aston Martian from the new DLC. Not asking for a tune, just waiting to see what happens with those cars.:sly:

Glad to hear you liked it, I won't say too much now, but I am planning an 'event' for the Aventador. I may tune it myself after, but initially the event will take place, and I'll go from there. Once I get the details worked out, I'll post it up.

Cool, one of my favorite cars in the game. I'll give this tune a try tonight, but the '03 Takata is so brilliant in stock form that I've never messed with it.

Look forward to hearing about how it worked for you.

As for CSL... Glad to see Demi back!

Adrenaline
'event' for the Aventador.

Ahahahaha 'Event-ador' :lol:

Tried out your CT230R on Mega Man Route X yesterday. 0-60 in 2.37 seconds or thereabouts, 0-100 in 4.999 :eek: 1/4 mile in 9.987 :eek: Don't remember the 1 mile time, was about 25-26 seconds, might be more, might be less. Only maxed out at 179.x mph but then that's not what CT230R's are built though so yeah. Impressed though! 👍

hey i need a good setup with this car for SPA can anyone help?

It's an all purpose tune, it will work just about everywhere. For trial mountain I kill the LSD down a bit for the big corner, but other than that I just adjust the final gear and go. I've yet to run into any issues (including spa) and I do a lot of GT500 racing with this car. Let me know if you try the tune and what you think.

It's an all purpose tune, it will work just about everywhere. For trial mountain I kill the LSD down a bit for the big corner, but other than that I just adjust the final gear and go. I've yet to run into any issues (including spa) and I do a lot of GT500 racing with this car. Let me know if you try the tune and what you think.

I Love This Setup Lol At SPA I Picked Up From A 2.09.864 to A 2.07.173 And Continue To Ran Constant Times,Same Here I Do alot Of Racing With This car Aswell And Its a Very Fun car To Drive, I Just Have One Question Im having Some Trouble With Tire Wear, Im Braking Straight Going Into The Corners And Not Sliding Out Or Spinnig Them,

Any Tips On How I can Get Better Tire Wear? I Heard If You Mess Around With The Brake Balance And Toe Angle You can Get Better Tire Wear,

For Example I Got Your Setup In My Car, I Changed The Brake Balanced To Front 2 & Rear 1,And I Messed Around With The Toe Angle I Put Both Front And Rear To 0.35, The Car Seems To Handle Better, But I Can't Get Over A 10 Lap Run With Medium Tires ON, Any Tips? Should I Start Messing Around With The Camber? Right Now Thats At 1.5 On The Front And Rear

Personally I believe tire wear is 90% driver 10% tune. Less camber, less toe, less brakes, less gas. From there use.brake balance to balance tire front to back.

Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) ‘03
... I'd be interested in feedback from people who have used this tune, combined with their own LSD settings and recorded their results.
[/SIZE]

OMG I bought this car about 13 months ago, tried it a bit and didn't like it (I'm a Nissan Fan). Was looking for a Raybrig Tune for WSGTC (slim pickins) and came across this thread. I adapted a variation of your tranny settings which actually work pretty good, but the suspension didn't do it for the Brig. Today I decided to take the banana and your tune for a whirl on Trial Mountain not believing you could break 1'14.0 with a JGTC... Holy cow, I soiled my pants! 1:13.755 on lap 3... LSD 9,12,6

Dude, this car went from a limp sausage to the top of my garage... Where do I pay?

I Love This Setup Lol At SPA I Picked Up From A 2.09.864 to A 2.07.173 And Continue To Ran Constant Times,Same Here I Do alot Of Racing With This car Aswell And Its a Very Fun car To Drive, I Just Have One Question Im having Some Trouble With Tire Wear, Im Braking Straight Going Into The Corners And Not Sliding Out Or Spinnig Them,

Any Tips On How I can Get Better Tire Wear? I Heard If You Mess Around With The Brake Balance And Toe Angle You can Get Better Tire Wear,

For Example I Got Your Setup In My Car, I Changed The Brake Balanced To Front 2 & Rear 1,And I Messed Around With The Toe Angle I Put Both Front And Rear To 0.35, The Car Seems To Handle Better, But I Can't Get Over A 10 Lap Run With Medium Tires ON, Any Tips? Should I Start Messing Around With The Camber? Right Now Thats At 1.5 On The Front And Rear

Dude, Brake Balance should add up to about 9-10, maybe 11, and rarely 12, but nothing less than that. It's supposed to be a split between 0-10 front to back (Bias). How do you stop with 2+1 = 3? Start by looking at your car balance. If it's 50/50, then go 5/5, and work slowly from there. If you like more rotation at Turn-in, then put more in back, less in front. If you like to break-turn longer after Turn-in, then you might need a 6-4 or more (8-2) to prevent the rear from sliding out. If you break straight line all the time, then like 2-8 is good, just don't break-turn or you'll spin out. (Unless you feather it at threshold.) It's all about weight transfer and how much grip your tire can handle under load. If you slam on the breaks at high speed in a straight line, and you have more bias on the front, the rear tires are doing nothing to slow you down. The front tires are already stressed from the weight transfer, plus the Turn-in and now you're asking the tires to grip even more to slow down while the rears are just following the leader. This also heats up the front breaks to the point where they become even less effective, hence you get under-steer and a taste of grass. Best is to favor bias to the rear where possible to even out the work. For those tracks that have a bit of both (straight line breaking and turns where longer break-turning gains a better average speed through the corner, well you need a DFGT to regulate brake balance while driving. Every real Race Car has Break Bias on the wheel so the driver can dial the rear up at the end of a long straight then dial it back for those Turns where you come in fast and keep slowing after Turn-in (Like Fuji).

More toe +/- = more tire wear. 0.0 0.0 gives you best durability (well at high speed physics is affecting their angle, but never mind that right now). Toe is important for turn in and track out (combined with LSD). Duck feet help Turn-In, but hamper track out. You need to find the Balance the car responds to best, which this Tune nails pretty good, as odd as the toe-out really is. Typically you have very little toe-out in front (-.03) and a moderate amount of toe in in the rear for track out; like .10 or less with the right amount of Accel on LSD gives you bite as you pull away from the corner.

At the end of the day, the whole thing is a balancing act, mostly with Suspension and LSD. If you tweak one thing, you throw something else off. By drastically changing your rear toe, you mess with the LSD balance going from turn-in to track-out, which in turn stresses the suspension, so it's not doing what is was doing well before, and finally all this plays with weight transfer and the tires don't respond anymore; more lawn mowing.

All in all, this tune is good all around. I have a very small tweak on the LSD, and I can feel the back sway bar might need a +tick and a -tic less spring to compensate, and a couple tics on rear toe, but I'm still getting used to this car. Feels RAW like Sushi to me now (yummy). Fantastic turn-in now and awesome rotation that doesn't go into left field when you hammer down before apex all the way through track-out. But if I mess with front Toe and put it to about -.04 where I usually like it, it kills the whole party.

The trick with this car is to use it for its great hole shot, get out far ahead, then manage the tires while everyone else is trying to catch you on worn tires. Play it right and you are on a Sunday cruise on last lap while everyone else is Beachcombing trying to catch up.

Ok, enough Thread High-Jacking for tonight ;p
Adrenaline, awesome tune... :cheers::cheers:

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car

tunesheetgtrlmrc.jpg

*These ride heights are positive(+)

Test Tracks
Grand Valley Speedway: 1:36.757
Trial Mountain: 1:11.904
Deep Forest Raceway: 1:02.249

User Lap Times
Deep Forest Raceway - 1:04.665 - SGETI
Trial Mountain - 1:13.466 - br1x

Online Adjustments
In Progress

User Feedback

Wow what a machine , corners like it's on rails.. easy to drive consistant would have to be one of the best cornering cars i've used, great job ,👍

Hi, I had a good tune on my takata dome nsx 03 and then came across your tune so gave it a try. One word "outstanding" its turned my nsx from a good all rounder into a online beast, it handles like its on rails and I can realy push it to its limits without fear, it was quick with my last tune but always felt it was on the edge of its grip and one tiny bump or mistake saw it go off in a cloud of smoke, not so with your tune its epic! I ran it in a super gt lobby last night against some very good drivers I've raced before and held my own against using the old tune usually finishing in the top 3 with the odd win, using your tune I won every race over 3 different tracks! Outstanding work my friend!

Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca

tunesheetviper.jpg

*Originated as an RKM tune that RJ did as a favor to me. Since then I've spent months tweaking it to perfection. This tune was born, raised and built online. Hands down my favorite car in the game.

Test Tracks This car has been to just about every asphalt track there is, I'll slowly add online lap times, as I run them.
Trial Mountain: 1:12.270

User Lap Times

User Feedback

I have a race at Monza coming up and I'll tell you what. With a tweek to the ride height and a tad to the LSD, my Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca at 600hp and 650pp, is almost at a 1:42. Hit a very low 1:43.
Your set-up with a couple changes (to suit my driving style), made me have such a freaking grin on my face it almost hurt.:) "YOU ROCK MAN" 👍

GT500 Nissan GT R '08 - High Speed Ring
If repetition is the father of learning, this is the most educated car in my garage. An entire week, of nothing but a single car and a single track. It appears to be a simple tune, but I guarantee every possible combination of settings was put through an equal test, until only one remained. This will work on The Stealth, Yellowhat, *Calsonic and Xanavi '08 Models. The Autech was ignored due to weight, and the Woodone because of it's Yokohama tires rather than Bridgestone. *The Calsonic eats through rear tires a bit faster than the others.

The 625pp set up is pictured below.
For the 700hp set up, downforce should be adjusted to 40/50.
For the 625pp set up, Stage 3 Turbo is used and power limited down to legal limits.
Gears are optimized for the 625pp setup and are still a work in progress.
700hp setup will need a final drive adjustment and potential tweaking to individuals for specific corners.

tunesheetgtrgt500.jpg

*The fastest way around the track, is on the rumble strips.
Capable of 10 competitive laps on Race Softs, 11 in the draft.
- Trans: Reset to Default, Final 1, Top Speed, Final 2, Individuals.

Test Tracks
High Speed Ring: 57.242 - Yellowhat @ 625pp
High Speed Ring: 55.403 - Yellowhat @ 700hp
High Speed Ring: 54.966 - Stealth @ 700hp

User Lap Times
Spa Franchorchamps 2:03.xxx - southernpride20
High Speed Ring 58.203 - SGETI

User Feedback

I have to omit i am not the smoothest driver and since the update with tire wear I can usually manage 4-6 laps on road circuits with racing softs. This tune allowed me to do 8 laps on the first try. I have since managed to do many 10 laps without a pit stop. The car is well balanced and easy to control. Smooth in and smooth out will get you the best times. I have tweaked a few of the settings to better suit my (lack of) driving skills. My best lap time with the stealth was 58:203 at 625 pp. Once again you have managed to raise the bar in tuning. Thanks again for your sharing of this long lasting tune.

Love the GT-R '08 Tune ... spot on for my driving and i picked up from 2.05s around spa to 2.03s thanks a ton

Fantastic Setup! I've easily done 57.8 at the High Speed Ring with no effort. I think I can improve the time by at least another .8sec if I improve my driving style.
Also impressive is that this tune is fantastic for Monza. My best time there with my Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08 was 1:41.2sec and, with this tune, I lowered my best to 1:38.8.
Great!!!!

Craig Dudzinski
HEY G,big thank u 4 GT500 setups there grrrreat!!!! MADD_DOGG99

Last edited:

Using High Speed Ring for a tune. This is different. Different is good. In the case of this tune different is great.
I have to omit i am not the smoothest driver and since the update with tire wear I can usually manage 4-6 laps on road circuits with racing softs.
This tune allowed me to do 8 laps on the first try. I have since managed to do many 10 laps without a pit stop. The car is well balanced and easy to control. Smooth in and smooth out will get you the best times. I have tweaked a few of the settings to better suit my (lack of) driving skills. My best lap time with the stealth was 58:203 at 625 pp.

Will I keep this tune. YES. How does this setup transfer to other tracks? This is something I will be testing in the near future. Once again you have managed to raise the bar in tuning. Thanks again for your sharing of this long lasting tune.

Using High Speed Ring for a tune. This is different. Different is good. In the case of this tune different is great.
I have to omit i am not the smoothest driver and since the update with tire wear I can usually manage 4-6 laps on road circuits with racing softs.
This tune allowed me to do 8 laps on the first try. I have since managed to do many 10 laps without a pit stop. The car is well balanced and easy to control. Smooth in and smooth out will get you the best times. I have tweaked a few of the settings to better suit my (lack of) driving skills. My best lap time with the stealth was 58:203 at 625 pp.

Will I keep this tune. YES. How does this setup transfer to other tracks? This is something I will be testing in the near future. Once again you have managed to raise the bar in tuning. Thanks again for your sharing of this long lasting tune.

Thanks for the feedback SGETI, I take it this means you got your pedals all worked out? Glad to hear you got them fixed, was looking forward to having you in those races last week. As for other tracks... I can't say I recommend it, but I also haven't really tested it. I was planning on creating a road course counter part, but that will be rather time consuming, but eventually I'll get one all tuned up to share.

ur an excellent tuner. ur viper tune is flawless. its been my favorite car since gt3, and u just made it so much better. i would always loose it on elevation changes, especially on the ring. now it handles and is balanced great.

thanks for the tune! 👍👍👍

The Motul Autech performs essentially identically, and if any tune works for those other GTR's, it surely works for the Motul, I promise. 👍

The Woodone is pure crap, comparatively. Needs a totally different tune as well. :yuck:

Curious, what makes you go with max spring rates? Did it improve your times, or you just like the feel?

The Motul Autech performs essentially identically, and if any tune works for those other GTR's, it surely works for the Motul, I promise. 👍

The Woodone is pure crap, comparatively. Needs a totally different tune as well. :yuck:

Curious, what makes you go with max spring rates? Did it improve your times, or you just like the feel?

Yeah, I tested the Motul on a Road Course last week, while trying to develop that tune and it felt great, I was surprised. I haven't taken it to HSR yet, because knowing how the Stealth vs Yellowhat panned out, I can only assume the Motul will follow the same trend, but eventually curiosity will get the best of me.
Yes, the Woodone sucks.

Max spring rates at both ends, offered the best lap times, which could be potentially related to bottoming out. I believe I started at stock spring rates, and slowly increased front and back by 1.0 each test until I saw the trend that stiffer is faster. At that point I continued testing following combinations:
20/20 - 55.488
18/18 - 55.8xx
19/20 - 55.598
20/19 - 55.566
And some .5's in between as well, but 20/20 came out on top each time.

Granted, due to the extensive possibilities, there could be some leeway mixed with shocks sways and then softer springs that are better, but ever after all of the testing, I again went back to spring rates and tried to see how I could effect the overall balance of the car for the high speed corners, but there wasn't enough gains in feel, to justify loss in lap times. Perhaps if the ride height could go beyond 10, softer springs could yield positive returns, but it's unknown... Unless I remove the Full Custom Suspension... there's an idea...

From there, it was a quick test of camber at 0 all the way up to 2.0 where I saw a graph of gains until a peak point, and then a fall, a Sine graph if you will. There could be a point at which the graph Cosine's, but due to tire wear, I didn't feel the need to continue to 10.0, but I could.

After that was a test of 15-20 different shock combinations, where only the below could time in below .500:
4/4/4/4, 10/4/10/4, 2/4/4/4, 4/4/8/4(best feel), 4/3/8/4, 4/2/8/4, 4/3/5/4
Then sway bars were played with to reach the final lap time. What was odd with sways, is that nothing in between seemed to compete, the 2 fastest, were 1/7 and then 7/1. That interested me quite a bit.

I can admit one major thing I skipped in this test, and that was Toe. I made the assumption that tire wear, just got worse and worse as toe was increased, but... after the last 2-3 weeks of doing a lot of NASCAR, I've found that the right amount of toe actually DEcreases tire wear.

So, Toe and Chassis Rigidity are things I will be retesting in the future. I've already broken in the Chassis Rigidity car, and applied the same setup, I just haven't sat down and done the side by side comparison to see if there are any differences.

Downforce seemed to be where the majority of the testing took place. Trying to find the right balance, between front and rear, as well as aero and power. I believe 30/40 actually gave the best lap time, but it was much harder to drive, and since it was purpose built for 30 lap races in mind, I went with the easier and more consistent option.

Your FTO Super Touring Car, and Nissan GT-R Concept LM tunes are absolutely brilliant. Thank you.
Thank you!

It is possible depending on the scenario for + toe to decrease tire wear on the rear, but I'd expect it to be when the rear is the first to slide.
I've had a lot of success recently with setups that have a lower front than rear, but extra - rear toe.
For example, instead of 10/10 ride height and -0.01 rear toe, 5/10 ride height, and -0.10 rear toe.
I'm also playing with low rear camber setups, like 1.5/0.0, etc. (to decrease rear tire wear)

Just something to try when you do the toe test.

Adrenaline
One thing I skipped in this test, and that was Toe. I made the assumption that tire wear, just got worse and worse as toe was increased, but... after the last 2-3 weeks of doing a lot of NASCAR, I've found that the right amount of toe actually DEcreases tire wear.

So, Toe and Chassis Rigidity are things I will be retesting in the future. I've already broken in the Chassis Rigidity car, and applied the same setup, I just haven't sat down and done the side by side comparison to see if there are any differences.

Very, very interesting.

Incidentally - THANK YOU!

The Takata '03 tune is an absolute weapon. Feels great offline and on, and can work at multiple tracks.

It allowed me to win the 650pp Seasonal at GVS. At 600pp, with R1s, against the McF1 and Zonda LMs. With me driving, even.

I could not find another 600pp car that could match it there. I plan to do the other events the same way.

Hi Adreanline,

Thanks for sharing your tunning race cars!!! All are awesome!!!
By the way, I can't open Lotus Elise 111R RM photo (so can't see your setting)
Is my PC get wrong or your photo have been remove it.
Hope will get it as soon as possible.

Keep working! Cheers!

Hi Adreanline,

Thanks for sharing your tunning race cars!!! All are awesome!!!
By the way, I can't open Lotus Elise 111R RM photo (so can't see your setting)
Is my PC get wrong or your photo have been remove it.
Hope will get it as soon as possible.

Keep working! Cheers!

Anyone else having this issue? Picture appears fine on my computer, as well as my cell.

Back