Lamborghini Aventador Drag Review

8.885 seems just a bit out of reach, could be wrong. I'm definitely more of a tunnel tuner and made a 8.986 with '12 GT-R. but 8.8 seems unlikely.

can easily provide pics if requested

I still don't believe the Aventador is a'12 GTR killer. I've yet to see an Aventador run in the 8.8xx while a lot of GTR's have.
But the Aventador is by far the cooler looking car, and much funner to drive and tune.

And anyone know why times while using automatic are so inconsistent?

I don't know how you manage inconsistency. My runs are always the same as long as my tune goes unchanged. The second you click on start, hold the gas to be more consistent on how you start each test. My guess would be that each time you go, you launch at a slightly different rpm (which shouldn't make a difference if it's say 50 rpm) but you never know.

Last edited:
My explanation of the inconstancy is not automatic or manual, but rather your RPMs when you're launching the car. I have always ran manual so I am used to shifting at very precise points. When you get the "3...2...1.. GO" screen, odds are you are redlining the car. When you finally launch the car, if your revs were increasing as your car went, you will get a good run. But if your revs just hit the limiter then came back down after which you launch, you will lose the engine momentum and therefore complete a slower run.

So unless you can time the engine, it's down to luck really...

Last edited:
My explanation of the inconstancy is not automatic or manual, but rather your RPMs when you're launching the car. I have always ran manual so I am used to shifting at very precise points. When you get the "3...2...1.. GO" screen, odds are you are redlining the car. When you finally launch the car, if your revs were increasing as your car went, you will get a good run. But if your revs just hit the limiter then came back down after which you launch, you will lose the engine momentum and therefore complete a slower run.

Eh. My method is hit "start", hold throttle down. It works.

Some cars in GT4 would launch perfectly with about 98% throttle and spin with 100% but I've not seen any do it in GT5, it's either bog or spin. :lol:

Exactly.

This is what I was thinking too. It's the only plausible explanation for the inconsistent times.

Cheers for the explanation.

My auto times are always perfectly consistent.

You must be hitting the gas and revving up before it goes into the track which in theory would produce constant times since it'll bounce and land in the same place.

But try this, try hitting the gas and revving up at different times in the countdown.
Then come back here with the results.

Cheers.

You must be hitting the gas and revving up before it goes into the track which in theory would produce constant times since it'll bounce and land in the same place.

But try this, try hitting the gas and revving up at different times in the countdown.
Then come back here with the results.

Cheers.

Why would I try to produce inconsistent results when I can get perfectly constant which is what you want for testing.

Why would I try to produce inconsistent results when I can get perfectly constant which is what you want for testing.

You have the possibility of leaving at a higher rpm which would give you a quicker time, albeit inconsistent, quicker times are what people are going for. For sake of getting your tune "perfect" being consistent is what you want though.

The wheels are never exactly on center, so it throws off your time and slows you down. Online you'll usually have to make slight corrections anyway so it's not a problem (I much prefer using my wheel for tunnel drag) but at the test strip? Not so much.

ohhh ok lol.

someone online was telling me to wait until the timer hits 1 then rev and it won't be bouncing down off the limiter when you launch

idk why they made it so you cant set your launch and get ready to take off. but what i do is just average it out from 3 runs. its alot of work tho and can be stressing. sometimes i do 10 runs trying to rev right to get that weird time.

Never bought the damn thing

A properly tuned aventador can run close if not even with a 2012 gtr. So as long as you have the gtr an aventador really is not needed. But the aventador is fun to drive and sounds amazing, so in my mind its well worth the buy. 👍

A properly tuned aventador can run close if not even with a 2012 gtr. So as long as you have the gtr an aventador really is not needed. But the aventador is fun to drive and sounds amazing, so in my mind its well worth the buy. 👍
True.. U should become a sales man! :lol:

Depends how fast the GTR is :P
If an Audi Le Mans Quattro can break into the 8.8s (PTK at 8.895) I'm sure soon enough the aventador will too.

Depends how fast the GTR is :P
If an Audi Le Mans Quattro can break into the 8.8s (PTK at 8.895) I'm sure soon enough the aventador will too.

Good point, only time will tell. But I seriously dout the Aventador will ever see 8.8s agian. The best pre 2.04 time is 8.897(held by PTK). While the best LMQ time was 8.883(held by PTK). Thats a large gap to close but anything is possible.

IMG00524-20120308-1453.jpg
[/IMG]

I had forgotten all about this beast since the dlc... I think the fast guys will have this in the 8.8's soon 👍

lambo1.jpg

lambo2.jpg

damnit at uni, ill set up the photobucket now :)

i think im around 8.94 at the moment, but with some new modifications i plan for tonight i hope to get into the 8.920s

Latest Posts

Back